JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:52 pm

Post by JaeReed »

I feel like Magna is someone who falls prey to confbias a lot, from what I've seen this game. It might just be a bad game for him, though.

If LLD is using robot as a title there I think it's fine, if not, then it's an error.
I mean you can't hold her to the same standard others are using the word because her interpretation could be different and they're not under a perfect grammar post restriction, so the way others are using the word shouldn't factor in to the decision, I think. She didn't say "robot" before that in her iso, so it's hard to know whether it was intended or not.
Her next post doesn't have it capitalized, though. Which means there
is
an error between the two posts, because it's inconsistent in the manner she's using it. If she were using robot as a title then it should have carried through to the next post. (godshe'sgoingtokillmeforthis)
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:16 pm

Post by DiamondSentinel »

Ok then. Well, thanks for the help, Jae.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:20 am

Post by pirate mollie »

does lld have a seekrit wc that helps scum?
whew!
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:38 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 72, pirate mollie wrote:still rooting for camn
I am rooting for camn as well; I think that her play this game is freaking awesome.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:49 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

The way Camn says things makes me laugh but yeah she's played pretty well. Not looking good though.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:47 pm

In post 77, pirate mollie wrote:does lld have a seekrit wc that helps scum?
In hindsight, I should have given the scum a traitor and then made her a serial killer. Just as a nice joke.

But no, she doesn't have a secret wincon.

Also, that would mean bastard, and this game isn't bastard.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:05 am

What I see right now:

Pisskop: Doesn't want to really try hard. They assume there's a cop innocent on him, and there's the potential innocent child. It looks like he thinks that he can just do nothing because he has that role.
Camn: Genuinely trying, although happenstance has made her look bad. That's a shame.
MoI: Still got confirmation bias goggles on. If he can't get around this whole "they have to be scum so I'll plug it any way I can to make it so" thing, he'll be screwed.
Dunnstral: Using a lot of setup spec, although most of it is correct. It's just drawing an incorrect conclusion. This is something that has happened fairly often to me as well.

As for the scum, I'm incredibly impressed with SpyreX's play this game. He has managed to get everyone townreading him. Incredibly well done.
“Why was I chosen?'
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:28 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 1287, camn wrote:You know what?
I was just going into refute Magna's posts... But then I realized that I already had...And that I can't take his hypocrisy anymore.

'No U'? His responses to my responses are literally the word 'Nah."
And calling me schoolyard is actually such a bummer that I don't give a shit anymore.

He wins. Big long posts shouting the same shit over and over...Great. I don't have the heart to repeat myself.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: camn
That should be L-1
I'm sure LLD will come out of hiding to hammer. 'Pull a Beetleguese', so to speak.

The scumteam is Magna and LLD, IMO.
Please lynch them
CAMN CAMN CAMN DO NOT GIVE UP!!!

i send you pom poms from the other side. Image

hypocrisy is usually a towntell and I think there might be wiggle room for you and magna to work it out.

the game needs life support.

I am interested to see what krasko and dunn do. they might be able to pull things through if camn or magna get lynched.
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:51 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

itt what is going on with town rn:

Spoiler:

will town avail? will scum sneak into and rip the seams wide open only to reveal their sinister plot all along?

just me spectating:

Spoiler:
it is so freaking weird to commit to spectate a game and watch it fall into apathy and still watch and feel like a part of the process only because I was invested in the game itself and how some individuals play and not rooting for a particular alignment.
whew!
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:53 pm

I know. But that's how almost all games go now. So often games just devolve into apathy. People can't commit to a game anymore.
“Why was I chosen?'
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:26 am

Post by pirate mollie »

omg scum are swooping in for a strong win towards lylo. no matter who gets lynched in this day round town will have an awkward uphill battle with scum using every weak move that town made.

when town were doing pretty well.

Spoiler:
whew!
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:34 am

Post by JaeReed »

It always boggles me how self voting is seen as a purely scummy move when the only time I've ever been driven to the stage of feeling like doing it has been as town, because I've been genuinely frustrated with people not listening to me.

When you've been beating your head against a brick wall all day to the point of self voting because no one is listening to you, it's generally a town move.
When you get scumread and jump to "well might as well lynch me now" rather than trying to work it out it's generally scum AtE.

Maybe it comes from knowing she's town but I feel like if I were in the game I'd see it as the former. Especially considering MoI had me at the stage where I just wanted to call for a lynch on me and refuse to claim to give a middle finger to whatever town thought I was scum for silly reasons.
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:37 am

Post by JaeReed »

I didn't, because the one time I self voted as town I look back on now and cringe at the fact that I did it. But by god I wanted to.

But if camn thinks MoI is scum then she should never self on account of him. Because it's the kind of move that a hypothetical scum!MoI would delight in having caused.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:54 am

I have never self-voted as scum. I'd rather fight it out to the end. Also, 100% true. I typically just say "well then just fucking lynch me".

MoI is playing quite terribly today. Such a shame. Town definitely could have pulled this together. And scum isn't even doing anything to cause this outcome. Scum is just tearing each other apart, partially because they tried to set-up spec this, and partially because nobody is willing to actually read what people are really saying.

Also, I have discovered something genuinely funny. I have never seen a game where scum was lynched D1 that town won.
“Why was I chosen?'
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:04 am

Post by JaeReed »

I have, but it was a newbie game :P

Dewy pushed on something as a slip from Impoetic, when it clearly wasn't. We lynched Dewy, Thor avoided the wagon like the plague, and we lynched Thor the next day due to his meta of never bussing. It was a sweep.

As far as town tearing itself apart with setup spec... That seems to be the new meta, honestly. People need to stop playing outspec the mod because they end up lynching PRs (sorry Uzi, my bad..but still...don't lie about your role as town :P) and then pointing fingers at each other for it instead of..y'know...scumhunting.

MoI has an ego this game and he really should have dropped it the moment Aristo flipped because IAI was posturing something fierce to vote me. I have no idea what he's trying to prove here.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:32 am

The entire meta is just aimed at the setup. Frozen just had a game that I was in ruined because some piss-ant forwarded his scum role PM to the entire game, with the names of the entire scumteam. All because he didn't like "how the mod made the game".

Like seriously. If you don't think that the game was made the way "it should be made", you can kindly fuck-off.
“Why was I chosen?'
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:37 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 88, DiamondSentinel wrote:Also, I have discovered something genuinely funny. I have never seen a game where scum was lynched D1 that town won.
really? I have been seen lots of them. i have also been in games where scum were lynched everyday. in larges.

but I have seen/been in lots of games where scum was lynched d1 and then town turned on each other.

which seems to be what town is doing here :cry:

also by the way, I thought you did great jae :]

also why the fate hate, he is 1 of my close friends. like he literally just left my apt an hour ago.

STOP THE FATE HATE
whew!
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:23 pm

Fate? Who you talkin about?
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:42 am

So, usually they don't do much, but the complete and utter lack of any and all readlists is letting Socrates completely skirt under the radar.

That alone could contribute to a town loss.
“Why was I chosen?'
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:13 am

Post by pirate mollie »

fate is a member here and used to be a part of what was called "the screaming death clan" along with kuribo, reck and a few others. nacho was part of that so he can tell you more. its funny cos while fate is all fire and brimstone on the forums but he is 1 of the sweetest most laid pple I have ever met.

the meta argument that camn and magna are having has to do with camn saying she hates a certain of play and magna is all like I do not believe you and camn feels she has proven it when magna doesn't think she has. I feel like the argument is a clash of playstyles more than anything else. I had the same problem with magna when I played with him but I really enjoy him as a player. varying playstyles are just hard to work around IMO cos neither person can see how the other person cld be thinking what they are thinking. I think this is the heart of most tvt conflicts. it is hard in the heat of the moment keep that in perspective tho.

and yeah pple don't seem to be fans about doing readslists anymore. I find it hugely beneficial tho.
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:26 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 1383, kraska77 wrote:spyrex do you really think socrates is scum here
like really???????? how??????
socrates is the probably th most transparently town person i have ever seen in a game ever
(((kraska)))

lol, no wonder spyrella hates meta camn is like so spot on with it wrt him.
whew!
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:30 am

At this point in the game, were I playing, my top 3 scum reads would be SpyreX, Dunnstral, and MoI.

Interestingly enough, I have thought to myself multiple times "I hope Dunn and Spyre win this one" only to remind myself that Socrates is the other scum.

Although I'd certainly be hammering LLD and Socrates since they have been some of the lower content people, so that might change things.

I don't even know why I scumread Dunnstral. I just feel it.
“Why was I chosen?'
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:07 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 96, DiamondSentinel wrote:At this point in the game, were I playing, my top 3 scum reads would be SpyreX, Dunnstral, and MoI.

Interestingly enough, I have thought to myself multiple times "I hope Dunn and Spyre win this one" only to remind myself that Socrates is the other scum.

Although I'd certainly be hammering LLD and Socrates since they have been some of the lower content people, so that might change things.

I don't even know why I scumread Dunnstral. I just feel it.
dunn really isn't doing a whole lot to clarify the game or much to move it forward to a town win.

also this:
In post 1457, camn wrote:I'd like to see pisskop actually read the game.
pissy isn't doing ANYTHING to help town when he is conftown. that to me is the biggest contributor to why town loses IMO.

my heart goes out to the town players who are actually trying and keep getting scumread for it. :cry:
whew!
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:14 pm

Yeah. When he's conf!town, he doesn't do anything. When he's scum, he strictly busses. I never like to play with him, tbh. I just got done (well, it was cancelled midgame because assholes) with a scumgame with him, and in the 3 days we got to play, he had maybe 2 votes in which he wasn't on one of his Scum buddies.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:16 pm

Additionally, they didn't act the first 2 nights because "they didn't read their role PM". Seriously?
“Why was I chosen?'

Return to “Completed Game Topics”