What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:53 am

Post by Ircher »

1) My experience is on my wiki along with a bunch of useful aggregrate stats. The only thing not on there is the breakdown by gane category.
2) Experience only matters for new players. Once you understand the game, experience no longer matters other than your experience with other players. I am experienced but not necessarily skilled at this game.
Links: User Page | GTKAS | Ratings
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Asphodel
Asphodel
Goon
Asphodel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:56 am

Post by Asphodel »

Ircher, maybe I need to be a little more specific: Human Sequencer is town from 139.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:57 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 200, Ircher wrote:I am experienced but not necessarily skilled at this game.
Care for a word of advice?

Look for the why behind the actions. Not liking somebody's playstyle doesn't make them scum.

Why would I post the way I have been and attract all this attention to myself as scum? It's not like I'm trying to put myself in the position of town leader to direct lynches, so what does standing out do to advance a scum wincon?
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch
Asphodel
Asphodel
Goon
Asphodel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:59 am

Post by Asphodel »

All Alone, where do you think I've backed off Ircher? I feel like I've been pretty consistent in saying that I think he's gone too far defending Gamma. Yes, I switched from "Ircher's gone too far defending gamma for what he thought was null" to "Ircher's gone too far defending Gamma for what he didn't think was null but should have been null". Both are valid reasons for thinking his townread of Gamma wasn't legitimate and I think it was pretty natural to progress from the first to the second after reading Ircher's defenses.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:00 am

Post by Alisae »

[quote="In post 201, Asphodel"]Ircher, maybe I need to be a little more specific: Human Sequencer is town from 139.Explain this a bit more please.
Asphodel
Asphodel
Goon
Asphodel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:03 am

Post by Asphodel »

I'd like to see Ircher's response first, then I'll explain a bit more.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:13 am

Post by Ircher »

In post 201, Asphodel wrote:Ircher, maybe I need to be a little more specific: Human Sequencer is town from 139.
The post reads as neutral, possibly town. The scumread & vote wasn't necessarily bad imo and the unwillingness to multitask is null. It's not something that jumps out as town, but it doesn't jump out as scum either.
Links: User Page | GTKAS | Ratings
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:14 am

Post by TheRealGin-N-Tonic »

On my way home from work, expect a spike in activity soon
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
"Gin, you are so charismatic it's scary." -nancy
Asphodel
Asphodel
Goon
Asphodel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:21 am

Post by Asphodel »

In post 206, Ircher wrote:
In post 201, Asphodel wrote:Ircher, maybe I need to be a little more specific: Human Sequencer is town from 139.
The post reads as neutral, possibly town. The scumread & vote wasn't necessarily bad imo and the unwillingness to multitask is null. It's not something that jumps out as town, but it doesn't jump out as scum either.
I'm reading it as town. Calling me "Banana Man" in an attempt to get me to miss it feels too crafty to be fake scumhunting imo. I was trying to see if you'd give Human Sequencer the same "he looks like he's scumhunting, therefore he's town" town points that you gave Gamma. You didn't.

And somehow this feels like less of a "gotcha" moment than it was supposed to.
Naomi-Tan
Naomi-Tan
Mafia Scum
Naomi-Tan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:59 am

Post by Naomi-Tan »

Quite a bit of activity. gonna catch up from Page 2 now Gonna head to bed after though :d So.. yeah BRB while I read into the thread :3
Naomi ~ ☠ ♠ ♣ ⦿ ✿ ♡ §
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:05 pm

Post by TwoFace »

Damn. Go out to lunch and watch rogue one and y'all start having fun.
Naomi-Tan
Naomi-Tan
Mafia Scum
Naomi-Tan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:15 pm

Post by Naomi-Tan »

In post 53, Ircher wrote:
In post 8, Naomi-Tan wrote:Normally I do this a little later but im up and wanna talk and like keeping this at my second ISO post so. For those who know this post feel free to skip it yadda yadda.
Hi, I'm Naomi I have kinda a strange play style. Firstly Rather than calling people town or Scum I call them Green or Red This is because Its just a nicer thing to call people. I dislike calling people scum as its kinda mean so I switched to the color thing and it appears to have caught on rather well in other games I've been in. Thats not so major. but Its a good thing to note.

Okay so onto the bulk of stuff. My playstyle Is kinda weird. I don't like dying as either alignment and try to stay alive. this means that sometimes I do actions to just look more green and sometimes and Im suspectable to peer pressure. To midigate this I tend to play entirely openly and honestly examining things and doing what I can to contribute to town. But things like Lamist actions are things I tend to do as both alignments. If anyone wants to read my town meta feel free to explore my wiki page (ordered chronologically with my most recent games at the bottom of either list) But this is a quick overview to protect my butt from future Red efforts (as they can push me on; Look there doing that thing thats normally red but isn't for them) and so Greens don't push me for being me. I also am probably forgetting somethings. As i'm sleepy
One question --- Does making this post actually help you in any way?
Yes. It lets people know what to expect and helps me protect myself aganist reds pushing me for a miss lynch so its useful that way. also helps inform town onto what to expect saving foot work for those who are lazy. The way I see it you can either Believe it, NAI it or See it as an excuse setup for later, which it totally is as well. thats just kinda how its been. I normally get those who havn't played with me before fitting into the latter two while those who have palyed with me before fit into the former two (as they have experienced it) As It in no way hurts to share information and I provide sources for people to check out I feel its a good and helpful thing that those who are paranoida can backup. Even if it is NAI. An NAI post to explain some things you'll red read me for are NAI is useful to me :D
Naomi ~ ☠ ♠ ♣ ⦿ ✿ ♡ §
Naomi-Tan
Naomi-Tan
Mafia Scum
Naomi-Tan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:19 pm

Post by Naomi-Tan »

Okay as someone who has access to my wiki why couldn't they look up other games. It is literally the second post In 90% of my games at this stage and I think all but the first game since my return It would be super easy to confirm this fact as a thing. Also as its an NAI statement why wouldn't you find someone pushing on it a bad thing.

Pretty Sure this is just an attempt to get out of RVS
Naomi ~ ☠ ♠ ♣ ⦿ ✿ ♡ §
Naomi-Tan
Naomi-Tan
Mafia Scum
Naomi-Tan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:20 pm

Post by Naomi-Tan »

In post 58, -Grey- wrote:
In post 54, Ircher wrote:How do you know with such little experience on this site? I mean, experience != skill, but it's kinda hard you can already read a player based off a single post being only a month on the site.
As I quoted, she made the same kind of post on another game she played where she was town.

It was not posted as proof of her alignment, just to stop paranoid players from wasting time voting her over that wall because it's NAI.

My post seemed pretty self-explanatory, to me.
Huh guess I should of not talked about 54 :x
Naomi ~ ☠ ♠ ♣ ⦿ ✿ ♡ §
Naomi-Tan
Naomi-Tan
Mafia Scum
Naomi-Tan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:23 pm

Post by Naomi-Tan »

In post 70, All Alone wrote:
In post 32, TwoFace wrote:
In post 29, XnadrojX wrote:
I will extend 48 hours if enough people vote for it.

I can switch to this colour if enough people vote for it.
I vote for an extension though I don't think we'll actually need it.
Why are you voting for something you don't think town needs?

VOTE: TwoFace
What the heck is this post... Look its very simple. Though we may not NEED it why would we pass it up. Its free and gives us more chat time.
Naomi ~ ☠ ♠ ♣ ⦿ ✿ ♡ §
Naomi-Tan
Naomi-Tan
Mafia Scum
Naomi-Tan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:26 pm

Post by Naomi-Tan »

In post 73, Human Sequencer wrote:Gamma's reading scummy and Asphodel's opening post reads pretty horrible but I'll give asphodel some more time. The fact asphodel pretty much said 'Hey guys, if I bus my partner I'm town!' means any scum wagons they happen to be on are wifomy as fuck and NAI at best, remember this for later.

Grey reads kinda town.

VOTE: Gamma
Banana Man wrote:Why would town want less time?
VOTE: Human Sequencer

Also I know you're not reading Gamma town now, but why were you in the first place and what made you change your mind?
I initially took Gamma's misunderstanding of Naomi and I's game history as misguided town, but it didn't hold up on closer inspection, and what he has posted since has just looked heaps worse. I'll make a case when it's relevant.

15 days is plenty of time. You can ask TwoFace and Naomi about the shitshow that was Mini 1848 and how that dragged to deadline D1 in a mess which promoted town apathy, or you could also read Newbie 1744 easily found on my wiki in which town self-destructed D1 by running around in circles with like three wagons all on town, ending up lynching a PR. I believe overly long day phases are anti-town. You might not agree, but it's NAI at best as I have pushed the same agenda in most of my games since, and I think I did the same in Mini 1848 and it got me scumread.

Banana man, why are you excited for this game in particular?

Hey can you talk more about this read? I don't understand it yet.
Naomi ~ ☠ ♠ ♣ ⦿ ✿ ♡ §
Naomi-Tan
Naomi-Tan
Mafia Scum
Naomi-Tan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:26 pm

Post by Naomi-Tan »

PEDIT: the Gamma Read.
Naomi ~ ☠ ♠ ♣ ⦿ ✿ ♡ §
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:28 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 151, -Grey- wrote:
In post 146, Alisae wrote:
In post 137, -Grey- wrote:Back to my first choice, I've been on Gamma long enough.

VOTE: Ircher
Define long.
Don't you have access to Google?
FUCKING GROAN
Naomi-Tan
Naomi-Tan
Mafia Scum
Naomi-Tan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:29 pm

Post by Naomi-Tan »

In post 78, -Grey- wrote:
In post 76, Ircher wrote:Pedit2: Scumreads: Grey, Human Sequencer right now.
Yep, scum are ultra high vis buddying in the first three pages.

Top notch scumhunting.
Well this guy is obvs Town.
Naomi ~ ☠ ♠ ♣ ⦿ ✿ ♡ §
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:30 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 155, -Grey- wrote:
In post 153, Alisae wrote:
In post 151, -Grey- wrote:
In post 146, Alisae wrote:
In post 137, -Grey- wrote:Back to my first choice, I've been on Gamma long enough.

VOTE: Ircher
Define long.
Don't you have access to Google?
Why are you avoiding the question?
Because common sense questions annoy me.

Asking someone to define a word that is not being used in an abnormal manner is just busywork.
I do t understand why you think you've been on Gamma for long enough either
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:30 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

Don't
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:30 pm

Post by TwoFace »

In post 57, Ircher wrote:
In post 43, TwoFace wrote:Why? You need people to distract grey from sr'ing you?
:facepalm:

We have lots to discuss this game it seems....
Why the facepalm? You must not get sarcasm
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:31 pm

Post by TwoFace »

In post 60, Ircher wrote:No one did. Don't be rude.
Really? Then why so serious?
Asphodel
Asphodel
Goon
Asphodel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:32 pm

Post by Asphodel »

Hi I'm around and want to talk to you three. If you had to lynch someone right now, who is it and why?
Naomi-Tan
Naomi-Tan
Mafia Scum
Naomi-Tan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:32 pm

Post by Naomi-Tan »

In post 82, Human Sequencer wrote:
Ircher wrote:I think the Gamma case is relevant right now. Now, please kindly share w/ the rest of the game as I don't see it.
Nah.
Ircher wrote:Pedit: It's neutral at worse, pro-town at best. Yes, stagnation is a problem and why deadlines exist, but a bigger problem imo are deadline lynch scrambles. You never know until that point, but I'd say it's better safe than sorry.
Yeah, but why do deadline lynch scrambles happen? Not because the game's day phase was too short, but because town was inactive and stagnated for the whole time.
I think last minute scrambles happen because all day one there is back and froths that normally help pin down reds later. The more back and frothing happens the easier it is to spot a GvG or a RvG I feel its pretty important but at the end of the day there always will be 1 or two wagons being pushed out and that leads to the scramble. inactivity is also a thing as the day goes on but people have lives and don't spend all day on here. normally it happens cause either life or lack of interest. But it can be the result of poor interactions and getting morally beaten down. Thats why I try not to get so emotional.. doesn't always work though XD
Naomi ~ ☠ ♠ ♣ ⦿ ✿ ♡ §

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”