Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:03 pm

Post by Dierfire »

VOTE COUNT 2.04

Hiraki (4): TwoFace, Joshz, Lil Uzi Vert, FrankJaeger
Creeps20 (3): Hiraki, Vedith, Aristophanes
FrankJaeger (1): Creeps20
Vedith (1): Gamma Emerald

No Vote (2): Aj The Epic, Nachomamma8

With 11 players living, 6 votes are required to lynch.

TIMER

(expired on 2016-12-20 16:30:00)

NOTES

Prodded Creeps20
Gamma Emerald V/LA until 16 December (normal activity/prod requirements will apply)
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:38 am

Post by Joshz »

In post 1369, Hiraki wrote:OK GUYS I'M BACK - I'M READY TO KICK ASS AGAIN, THE ULT CHARGE IS BACK:
In post 1307, Gamma Emerald wrote:Okay that response from Hiraki tbh was crap.
Great! I would love to hear what you disagreed about! Oh wait! I can't have that opportunity if you just shout something out with reasoning! Wooo! Aren't posts like these SUPER productive?????
In post 1309, TwoFace wrote:
In post 1308, Vedith wrote:VOTE: Creeps
Hiraki is town.
Not with posts like that he's not
OH! BUT I'M /SURE/ I CAN RESPOND TO THIS O-

Nope, can't do that either! Weeee!
In post 1313, FrankJaeger wrote:VCA is included in my reads bro
Included, or the sole basis? Again, have you read Day 1?
In post 1324, TwoFace wrote:you hate it when people call themselves town?
It creates a huge bias in your reads that not everyone else can follow because only you know that you're town.
In post 1329, TwoFace wrote:plus his posts today are very scummy
Great! Remember yesterday when TwoFace
literally
said that he just can't respond to my posts anymore? Haha! That was not irritating at all!
In post 1342, TwoFace wrote:and I think the VCA points to confirming creeps is probably town.
Because confirmed town are always correct, right???
In post 1342, TwoFace wrote:why not look into people I am scum reading?
You keep asking us if we think you're tunneling and THIS is the question that you pose to Vedith?

Really?
In post 1351, TwoFace wrote:He's done very little explaining.
(citation needed)
In post 1354, Gamma Emerald wrote:Tbh this does sound like an interesting idea
Vedith's pushes today leave something to be desired
What does this mean????

How do people's /pushes/ leave something to be desired? I don't even know how to put that in a more inquisitve way. It's like Gamma saw candy and said "Ooo! That one looks yummy right now!"

Can you guys really form solid reads and opinions???
In post 1362, Joshz wrote:ive scum read you for a while
In post 630, Joshz wrote:vedith is null himself but i sr'd twiszted so its a push forward from that.
In post 805, Joshz wrote:there is scum in vedith and scumdeers :*
In post 828, Joshz wrote:I don't particularly like mathblade (no offense meant I dislike most people I'm an asshole) but idt he's scum. Yknow who's scum? Vedith!

VOTE: vedith
In post 829, Joshz wrote:This is mostly for twiszted slot. Looking at twiszted content, it's disgustingly bad. Vedith has idled and not been particularly townie himself, so while his content is more of a null read twiszteds was enough to make him likely scum.
In post 875, Joshz wrote:It's not a fake read, you're scum. Stop diverting attention.
In post 922, Joshz wrote:i have a very, very strong scum read on twiszted, and vedith hasnt exactly been a super strong townie. i encourage you to read through twiszted's content itt, its awful.
In post 942, Joshz wrote:ive scrolled through the thread and isos a ton and i feel confident gut wise about vedith being scum, but i dont have a case atm that i can post so for now and i get im not being very convincing.
Now, hold on - this one is important:
In post 1161, Joshz wrote:changed my mind a bit on vedith but i still scum read twiszted pretty hard so he is only slightly town overall as a slot
In post 1161, Joshz wrote:townier side/null {gamma, vedith}
In post 1217, Joshz wrote:still dont think vedith/scumdeers/creeps are clear but poe wise theyre probably town.
BEEP BEEP
In post 1221, Joshz wrote:hiraki/gamma/frank most likely contains both scum, id still lynch vedith but apparently nobody agrees with that so
What happened between these two posts that made you switch your read from null/town to scum? Keep in mind that you had
four
scumreads at that time and Ved beats out all of them???? Huh???
In post 1290, Joshz wrote:yay for someone else scumreading vedith!
And this is the official scumread. I think you have some explaining to do.
In post 1362, Joshz wrote:because other people are starting to as well
OK, so here's what I want:

In almost every post that you call Vedith scum, you refer to TwisTed as being the BIGGEST source for this scumread - is there anything that happened between 1161 and 1221 that made you switch so quickly from Vedith's posting?
In post 1366, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:If we're lucky Creeps will get replaced and we'll have another active member of the town.
In post 363, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:As for Creeps, from my experience, he's like this and is going to most likely be a difficult read. We'll see what he brings to the table Day 2.
I'm new and understand that. Mobile so no fancy linking but earlier itg in response to nacho I explained why I was scumreading vedith. I left it because nobody else pushed the read at the time, and day 1 I said I was willing to lynch out of the 4 people and one did get a couple voted so I joined and they flipped scum. Vedith wasn't really town read for me ever, I misworded that. I believed that frank and you were the scum so PoE wise vedith would be town. However, Frank is no longer likely scum, so that slot opens right up. Twiszted is the biggest source - vedith is mostly null or slight scum lean, but twiszted looked really scummy (I explained why earlier) and the combination reinforces scum vedith. I was never not willing to lynch vedith, but I'm new and the more experienced townies getting on board with scum vedith reinforces my reads. I don't remember 1161 to 1221 specifically by numbers and I'm on mobile so checking is a pain in the ass. Scum deers and creeps were never as scummy as vedith, I still think io's RVS posts are disgustingly scummy but I was told not to read into it as early as it was so I dropped that, and creeps I've reconsidered.

A lot of this also comes from trusting nachos hard town read on aristo when I don't see it so I'd like nacho to say if he still believes it and give a better explanation.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:41 am

Post by Joshz »

And while my vote is on hiraki it is also on vedith in spirit
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:17 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

So this is my notification that I'm still reading and such.

A point is I think it's highly likely Joshz is scum. Eric Rasputin was highly suspect and what I've read on this page does nothing to make me warm and fuzzy about the slot. Specifically, drawing on the newb card isn't an excuse for bad play. New players are honest and easily readable as town, if not confused. Inconsistency is a great way to catch the differentiation if nothing else.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:18 am

Post by Vedith »

Oh look, it's AJ!
I thought you died... :giggle:
I claim scum \o/
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:42 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

Yeah well I've been given the RL Treestump role so I gotta play the part.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:55 am

Post by Joshz »

In post 1378, Aj The Epic wrote:So this is my notification that I'm still reading and such.

A point is I think it's highly likely Joshz is scum. Eric Rasputin was highly suspect and what I've read on this page does nothing to make me warm and fuzzy about the slot. Specifically, drawing on the newb card isn't an excuse for bad play. New players are honest and easily readable as town, if not confused. Inconsistency is a great way to catch the differentiation if nothing else.
cool

now lynch hiraki because he's scum. 'eric was highly suspect' *skips the dozens of pages ive posted* 'this page does not change anything'. why do so many people generalize new players? they are not honest and easily readable as town as a rule. there is a difference between being new to mafia and being new to ms :) as for "drawing on the newb card isn't an excuse for bad play" cool argument... if you think i have bad play. i dont. i think my play is fine and acknowledging that im new to choosing people i trust to be townie to partially sheep is a good plan. your reply to twoface initially did nothing to make me warm and fuzzy about my already poor read on deers, but it doesnt matter because theres only two scum and you most likely dont fit into that. so, if you think im highly likely scum, congrats, youre in a boat with luv if his thoughts are still the same. good for you! now stay in his boat and lynch hiraki. or, vote me and make a case, but just casually fosing me and not commenting on anything relevant is a waste of time.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:39 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

It's cute to see you think the above is how you play mafia correctly. I'm still rereading the thread so of course I haven't read everything. That's understood in the point of replacing. And getting offended over me believing you to be scum isn't helpful to you at all.
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:41 am

Post by TwoFace »

Why would it hurt him though?
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:12 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

I mean I lynch AtE as a policy that scum need it as defense whereas a town won't need to lie.

That's also just me not wanting sappy shit in the thread so I lynch it. There's definitely real emotions occasionally but it's not worth encouraging.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:44 am

Post by Joshz »

im not offended over you believing me as scum

its cute... blah not going to get into an argument with you, based on your 1297 and 1300 you are not the kind of person i enjoy working with and thats that.

i subbed into this game, i dont need a lesson.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:51 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Vote: AJ the Epic

In post 1378, Aj The Epic wrote:Eric Rasputin was highly suspect and what I've read on this page does nothing to make me warm and fuzzy about the slot. Specifically, drawing on the newb card isn't an excuse for bad play. New players are honest and easily readable as town, if not confused. Inconsistency is a great way to catch the differentiation if nothing else.
I'd like you to back up the Eric Rasputin suspicion. You are a more than capable player, and I'm not really sure that I buy you misreading newbtown in such a big way unless you have a very compelling reason for doing so.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:53 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I'm less inclined to hold Hiraki as a townread after Frank's claim; I initially thought that Vedith's pushing towards Fitz looked like bussing when I thought that he only pushed him when it seemed like there was a strong potential to lynch him, but when I reread a bit, I realized that Vedith's pushing on Fitz early but forgetting to vote him is a bit odd for a partner interaction; certainly not enough to clear, but probably enough to warn me off him at least for today.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:16 pm

Post by TwoFace »

Im ok with that aj vote. He's got this anger tone in his posts that doesn't make sense to me. I think your reason for not suspecting vedith is meh
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:41 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Let's see what he comes up with once he's finished catching up.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:51 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 1376, Joshz wrote:I don't remember 1161 to 1221 specifically by numbers and I'm on mobile so checking is a pain in the ass.
Cool - this is enough for me to put a vote on but his next post gives more substantial evidence.

Vedith did nothing between those posts.
In post 1376, Joshz wrote:Twiszted is the biggest source - vedith is mostly null or slight scum lean, but twiszted looked really scummy (I explained why earlier) and the combination reinforces scum vedith. I was never not willing to lynch vedith, but I'm new and the more experienced townies getting on board with scum vedith reinforces my reads.
OK - can you please explain what's scummy about Vedith? You have never done that.
In post 1378, Aj The Epic wrote:Specifically, drawing on the newb card isn't an excuse for bad play.
Was thinking the same.
In post 1381, Joshz wrote:why do so many people generalize new players? they are not honest and easily readable as town as a rule. there is a difference between being new to mafia and being new to ms
Are we being duped? Are you actually someone other than Eric?
In post 1381, Joshz wrote:i think my play is fine and acknowledging that im new to choosing people i trust to be townie to partially sheep is a good plan.
I can tell you that in a game with more open minds, this is not a way for victory.
In post 1381, Joshz wrote:or, vote me and make a case, but just casually fosing me and not commenting on anything relevant is a waste of time.
Yet when I made a pretty good start to a case, you decided to just reply on mobile?

Unvote, Vote: Joshz

In post 1387, Nachomamma8 wrote:I'm less inclined to hold Hiraki as a townread after Frank's claim;
Can you go into this? I don't get how you get this conclusion. Is your read on me linked toward your read on Vedith?
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:18 pm

Post by Joshz »

"I decided to just reply on mobile"
Do you know this thing called a social life? It's this magical thing where you go to work, hang out with friends, and do various activities! Sorry for not carrying a laptop around with me and not valuing mafia over my life, I'll try and put you higher on my priorities in the future. As soon as I replied to Aj he got offline, he must be scum!!!

But sarcasm aside, you're scum and as funny as you trying to join the scum josh motion Aj started in a desperate attempt to clear yourself is, it's not going to work and when you flip scum we can sort through aj/vedith/i guess aristo.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:19 pm

Post by Joshz »

In particular I wold still like nacho to explain his read on aristo and tell us if it's still strong town
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:30 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Hiraki's return is scummy AF
VOTE: Hiraki
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:31 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

L-1
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:33 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1378, Aj The Epic wrote:So this is my notification that I'm still reading and such.

Aj isn't a bad vote either TBH
Aj go ISO Eric plz
<Embrace The Void>

TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:34 pm

Post by TwoFace »

In post 1393, Gamma Emerald wrote:Hiraki's return is scummy AF
VOTE: Hiraki
Agreed
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:35 pm

Post by TwoFace »

In post 1390, Hiraki wrote:Cool - this is enough for me to put a vote on but his next post gives more substantial evidence.
Like wtf is this shit?
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:40 pm

Post by Hiraki »

I didn't say that posting on mobile was scummy or bad. I just thought that utilizing mobile to reply to what is clearly something that requires more attention is not the best method utilize. I find it very ironic that my point was not that you posted on mobile but moreso that I posted an argument against you (i.e. something that you asked AJ to do) and then you proceeded to kind of just throw it into the trash.

Was that attack toward me really necessary? I said /nothing/ about your social life. I care about your social as much as you care about mine.

For someone who is a newbie (I'm really not buying that you're experienced in mafia), I hope you learn that taking criticism about your play is an essential part of this game and don't resort to frivolous arguments in the future.

Can you now address the arguments I've brought up?

Post-Edit:

I'm a townie-nothing more to say on my claim. I honestly would rather self-hammer just to make the town a little more self-aware that this tunneling shit has gone WAY too far. Please Gamma for the love of god. Can you FUCKING explain what's crap? I've asked you TIME and TIME again and I've gotten nothing but the next post saying "Hey, Hiraki's post is crap"

Here are some examples:
In post 535, Gamma Emerald wrote:OK just looking at Hiraki's last post I'm not very pleased by what he's saying. Specifically his ad hominem attack on TF.
In post 1307, Gamma Emerald wrote:Okay that response from Hiraki tbh was crap.
That's not a productive way to play. Gamma has not ever explained this scumread.

When I die (there's really no IF here, this train has no brakes) please look at Joshz and Gamma much harder.

POST-EDIT: CHRIST, ARE YOU SERIOUS?
In post 1397, TwoFace wrote:
In post 1390, Hiraki wrote:Cool - this is enough for me to put a vote on but his next post gives more substantial evidence.
Like wtf is this shit?
THIS IS BLANTANT MISREPRESENTATION! WHAT THE FUCK?

HERE'S WHAT I ACTUALLY SAID:

THE IMPORTANT PART IS THE LATER. IT'S BECAUSE THE POST I QUOTED SAID THAT JOSHZ HAD NO IDEA WHAT HAPPENED BETWEEN THOSE POSTS WITH VEDITH. I KNEW WHAT HAPPENED FROM THE BEGINNING BUT DIDN'T POINT MY FINGER OUT FIRST.

LIKE REALLY? DO YOU HAVE ANY READING COMPREHENSION?
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:42 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 1390, Hiraki wrote:
Joshz wrote: I don't remember 1161 to 1221 specifically by numbers and I'm on mobile so checking is a pain in the ass.
Cool - this is enough for me to put a vote on but his next post gives more substantial evidence.

JUST SO WE'RE DOUBLY CLEAR, HERE'S WHAT TWOFACE QUOTED BUT THEN TOOK OUT ALL OF THE RELEVANT PARTS.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”