Mini Normal 1861: Musical Mafia (TOWN WIN)

MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:52 am

Post by MiniDeathStar »

FOS: Flubbernugget
Io
Io
Mafia Scum
Io
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:03 am

Post by Io »

In post 174, MiniDeathStar wrote:I'm sheep voting with you? I had no idea. My read on massive was utterly independent of yours.

Oh wait, you don't even have a read. Just an RVS vote.
Damn, I didn't realize you were that savage.
Morituri te salutant. Et semper mortem memini.
Secret Agent Jin
Secret Agent Jin
Goon
Secret Agent Jin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:19 am

Post by Secret Agent Jin »

She is pretty savage, it worries me sometimes but she gets things done and her savageness doesnt bother me as its effective.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:26 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

In post 166, Io wrote:VOTE: AJ

I'm going to have to agree with Kai after reading their accusation.
Gonna say Kai doesn't have a post that justifies your vote, and so far neither do you.

I'm guessing these two lines are independent, but it's also the only possible line that could give reasoning to your vote.
Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 161, culted wrote:I'm not saying that you should flail all over the thread, but to engage people who're taking issue with your thought processes instead of pretending that they aren't there, then possibly make us aware of how you're reading these things.

Have any questions for me jin?
It sounds like you're obtusely encouraging jin to flail over the thread in this post

With current site meta your best bet really is to ignore scum reads on you unless there's something off on a really fundamental level
Current site meta is a myth. People have an individual meta, the game has it's own phases, but saying 'it's suddenly acceptable to be scummy as shit' defeats the entire purpose of the game. How the hell do you win a game when you rely on someone making a mistake that large?

Certainly even if such a thing did exist, 7 players have new accounts here (though I'm running on the assumption that Culted/Elhabe are alts) and I've missed 8 months of this meta. It's ridiculously inefficient to discount actual scumtells that we've used for years in the light of some fantasy where everyone is allowed to make them.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:35 am

Post by massive »

In post 135, Flubbernugget wrote:Massive, I would like your read on cloudkicker. I see your as not reading them as town, yet your votes for someone else for *reasons*

And my vote is staying on you.
I'm leaning towards town. I haven't seen any indication that his townslip isn't genuine (and I do think it's a townslip), and after thinking about it, Kairal's townslip along the same lines probably makes them both town. I don't think either of them make good lynches today. (Or lunches, if that's a thing.)
In post 138, Aj The Epic wrote:How do associative tells not work? Like I know I've been gone for 8 months but how does the community just disregard an entire part of scumhunting? (Asking because this is something I've heard multiple times in like 2 days). They absolutely do work, Grey's just grasping at shit and hoping something sticks.
There are no associative tells between town and anybody, so trying to use them as a method of scumhunting without, you know, having a scum to tie them to really isn't a thing.
In post 154, MiniDeathStar wrote:
In post 94, massive wrote:If you legitimately believe Cloudkicker is scum as you say, why would you be actively against people sheeping you? You do this more than just here.
Because last game people sheeped me and I was voting town 50% of the time. We're a majority for a reason, everyone should be contributing to the discussion, not blindly following the village elder.
A -- if you were only voting town half the time, you're actually doing better than would be expected (since town is 75% of the game) so again, why would you not want people sheeping you? And B -- honey, if you think people are going to follow the village elder, maybe you better check my join date.
In post 95, massive wrote:Oops forgot my random not-actually-random vote!
In post 154, MiniDeathStar wrote: And just like that, massive starts slowly oozing down towards the scumpile.
Very interested what it is about my vote that makes me scum. And no, 157 isn't even remotely close. And no, trying to push the town based on 157 with no additional reasons is practically bullshit.
In post 162, culted wrote:
In post 157, MiniDeathStar wrote:His questions felt pointless, and that vote on Kairal was super bad.
That's fair, 99 is pretty bad as well like you always see scum trying to push people while simultaneously impressing how they should be reading someone else.
Can you quote 99 and, specifically, what is exemplary of your point above?

---

VOTE: AJ
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:36 am

Post by massive »

Oh and also, MDS: Why are you demanding that people not sheep you, and then demanding that people sheep you and vote me based on absolutely nothing but your word?
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:36 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 135, Flubbernugget wrote:Massive, I would like your read on cloudkicker. I see your as not reading them as town, yet your votes for someone else for *reasons*

@minideathstar
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:40 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 178, Aj The Epic wrote:Current site meta is a myth. People have an individual meta, the game has it's own phases, but saying 'it's suddenly acceptable to be scummy as shit' defeats the entire purpose of the game. How the hell do you win a game when you rely on someone making a mistake that large?

Certainly even if such a thing did exist, 7 players have new accounts here (though I'm running on the assumption that Culted/Elhabe are alts) and I've missed 8 months of this meta. It's ridiculously inefficient to discount actual scumtells that we've used for years in the light of some fantasy where everyone is allowed to make them.
I have seen people being scum read for actively defending themselves in the past few games i have played. I wouldn't encourage someone to do it to any significant extent unless I wanted to get them lynched
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:44 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 179, massive wrote:Very interested what it is about my vote that makes me scum. And no, 157 isn't even remotely close. And no, trying to push the town based on 157 with no additional reasons is practically bullshit.
How about the 135 you quoted in this exact post?
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:45 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

And you seem to have made another vote for *reasons*
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:51 am

Post by massive »

Your interpretation of 94 is incorrect. And if you think RVS votes are actually random, then you are deceiving yourself, so what's the problem with 95?

Also, please quote the vote count and point out how many of those votes have actual reasons (including your own) and then maybe expound on why I specifically am the problem?
MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:02 am

Post by MiniDeathStar »

In post 176, Io wrote:Damn, I didn't realize you were that savage.
In post 177, Secret Agent Jin wrote:She is pretty savage, it worries me sometimes but she gets things done and her savageness doesnt bother me as its effective.
:good:
In post 179, massive wrote:
In post 154, MiniDeathStar wrote:
In post 94, massive wrote:If you legitimately believe Cloudkicker is scum as you say, why would you be actively against people sheeping you? You do this more than just here.
Because last game people sheeped me and I was voting town 50% of the time. We're a majority for a reason, everyone should be contributing to the discussion, not blindly following the village elder.
A -- if you were only voting town half the time, you're actually doing better than would be expected (since town is 75% of the game) so again, why would you not want people sheeping you? And B -- honey, if you think people are going to follow the village elder, maybe you better check my join date.
I said *blindly* following. I'm not against people voting with me, I'm against people sheeping me for no reason. The game I mentioned could have been lost with a single mislynch after Day 1, and I almost got town lynched twice. People should not blindly sheep anything, period.

By village elder I actually metaphorically meant the person acting as a leader/advisor, not literally the eldest player.
Very interested what it is about my vote that makes me scum. And no, 157 isn't even remotely close. And no, trying to push the town based on 157 with no additional reasons is practically bullshit.
So, out of all possible people you could have voted, you dumped it on the most obvtown person in the game for literally no reason. And, if you actually meant it to be a *random* "not totally random" vote, that makes it even worse. What motivation could town possibly have to drop a vote like that? Like please walk me through it.
What is exemplary of your point above?
You mean which questions were pointless?

"Why would you be actively against people sheeping you [on page 2]" - obviously because it gives me no information.

"Is it important the order in which these things happened?" - how is that remotely relevant?

These are the exact sort of questions scum would be asking to distract people and appear helpful without actually getting any helpful answers. Cf. Kop in Open 656, bangthemafia in Open 658.
Flubbernugget wrote:

@minideathstar
Didn't see that, my bad. I still wasn't "sheeping" you though.

Like am I wrong on what sheeping actually means? I thought it only referred to joining a wagon without good reason or literally any reason. I wouldn't call just happening to vote the same person "sheeping".
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:17 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

Sheeping's just following someone else's vote.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:26 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

In post 179, massive wrote:There are no associative tells between town and anybody, so trying to use them as a method of scumhunting without, you know, having a scum to tie them to really isn't a thing.
Then what's it called when you're assuming someone's mafia and doing association from that? Is
that
confbias or just tunneling?
MiniDeathStar wrote: Cf. Kop in Open 656, bangthemafia in Open 658.
Like I'm not really a hardcore meta crack addict so can we not reference games that no one is going to read until someone asks for outside game examples? Exceptions of course if target audience actually played with you in said game
Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 153, culted wrote:Psst, guys, jin doesn't want to address the pressure on him until there's an 'actual wagon'.

Who's down to figure out how many votes jin thinks a wagon is?

It sounded more to me like he didn't see any pressure, or at the very least, didn't want us to think he saw pressure.
And he'd be completely correct in not seeing any pressure, as there wasn't any.
MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:32 am

Post by MiniDeathStar »

There are people here who were in those games, but basically I just referenced them
by the way
so people can ask me to show quoted examples or check if I'm not pulling rabbits out of a hat.
Io
Io
Mafia Scum
Io
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:36 am

Post by Io »

In post 187, Aj The Epic wrote:Sheeping's just following someone else's vote.
Specifically it's seeing a wagon and voting on it without any sort of reason other than it's the top wagon.
There is a difference between agreeing and sweeping.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:42 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 190, Io wrote:
Specifically it's seeing a wagon and voting on it without any sort of reason other than it's the top wagon.
No there's not, but there
is
a difference between
concurring
and sheeping.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:50 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

That's some semantics I really could care less for.
Io
Io
Mafia Scum
Io
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:52 am

Post by Io »

In post 191, -Grey- wrote:
In post 190, Io wrote:
is
a difference between
concurring
and sheeping.
Concurring is literally defined as agreeing.
They are interchangeable synonyms.
Io
Io
Mafia Scum
Io
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:52 am

Post by Io »

In post 190, Io wrote:
is
a difference between
concurring
and sheeping.
Io
Io
Mafia Scum
Io
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:52 am

Post by Io »

In post 190, Io wrote:
is
a difference between
concurring
and sheeping.
Io
Io
Mafia Scum
Io
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:52 am

Post by Io »

In post 190, Io wrote:
is
a difference between
concurring
and sheeping.
Io
Io
Mafia Scum
Io
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:53 am

Post by Io »

I hate slow internet.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:55 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Vote Count 1.05

1 - Io: CloudKicker
1 - Elhabe21: Kairal
0 - HellloooNewman:
0 - MiniDeathStar:
0 - Kairal:
0 - Flubbernugget:
0 - I Am Innocent:
1 - Secret Agent Jin: culted
3 - CloudKicker: HellloooNewman, Elhabe21, Secret Agent Jin
2 - -Grey-: I Am Innocent, Aj The Epic
0 - culted:
2 - massive: Flubbernugget, MiniDeathStar
3 - Aj The Epic: -Grey-, Io, massive
0 -No Lynch:
Not voting:
culted FoSes Io, Elhabe21, HellloooNewman, MiniDeathStar, Kairal, Flubbernugget, I am Innocent, Secret Agent Jin, CloudKicker, -Grey-, massive, and Aj The Epic
MiniDeathStar FoSes Flubbernugget
With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.
Deadline is (expired on 2016-12-19 23:30:00)

Last edited by Gamma Emerald on Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:04 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”