callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #2225 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:31 pm

Post by callforjudgement »

In post 2195, bji wrote:Is it possible to blacklist players? As in, do something to prevent being put in a game with them or something?
You can let the game mod know that there are people you refuse to play with when signing up, and most mods will reject either you or them in response (typically you unless a large number of players all refuse to play with the same person). Of course, this makes it rather harder to get into a game if you have a large blacklist.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
bji
bji
Mafia Scum
bji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2226 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:48 pm

Post by bji »

In post 2223, Nero Cain wrote:What can we learn from this game? Town needs to be less stupidly OMGUSY. This prob would have been a town win had Iron went ahead and hammered Alpaca.
As I mentioned in the scum thread, this town was really good at making reads, but really lousy at agreeing on anything.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2227 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:15 pm

Post by MathBlade »

What is this agreeing thing you speak of? /me half joke half truth
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2228 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:18 pm

Post by inspectorscout »

Congrats to the scum
And congrats to the awesome as hell mod! She had quite some stuff to deal with, but she did it like a boss.

And yes, town individually did great, but the teamwork was off. Bji was also a godsend for scum.
But I know,
At the end...
Remind me of the fool I really am.

Am Zaphkael now.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2229 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:55 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Bji for scum MVP
He really applied a lot of what I taught him and a lot of new things too.

Well done :)

I thought maybe I had scared you off when I didn't see you. I was so excited to see you playing again :)
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2230 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:08 am

Post by karnos »

Well played bji!

Kicking myself because when I saw penguin suggest a no lynch, I was thinking it probably was the right move, but then I came back to the thread hours later and the game was just one vote away from ending... I took the impatient route and just ended the game.

I still can't believe that town saru and town nero let Thor escape with a no lynch. Come on! Even if you think he is town, he is obvious lynchbait the rest of the game, you don't just give scum a free night kill, you go ahead and reluctantly vote and hammer! Blah.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2231 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:18 am

Post by Lowell »

Yay bji! I was terrible, thor was meh, but bji carried the day.

In particular I had no idea what to do yesterday. Would have been nice to survive, but once everyone was clearly townreading bji I just though I kinda ... shouldn't mess with things too much? That's the charitable view. The non-charitable view is that I'm a terrible scum player, wasn't going to be able to save myself either way because of badness, and just lucked out having bji for a partner.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #2232 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:43 am

Post by GreyICE »

Well played to BJI. Good scum game.

As a side note the tow should no lynch in MyLo if there's no confirmed townie. Even if you think someone is 95% to die then do it. Might make you requestion the reads.

I think BJI was playing well enough he would have won anyway (probably Karnos dies and it's the same thing) but still.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Saru
Saru
Goon
Saru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2233 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:46 am

Post by Saru »

In post 2230, karnos wrote:I still can't believe that town saru and town nero let Thor escape with a no lynch. Come on! Even if you think he is town, he is obvious lynchbait the rest of the game, you don't just give scum a free night kill, you go ahead and reluctantly vote and hammer! Blah.
I never thought for once Thor was town. Like I had said before, I literally had 10 mins on my phone after my class to decide whether I wanted to hammer. Was also the first time I saw the claim he made. I was just scared of lynching a PR. NL was also bad but not gonna lie, deep down, I was hoping Lowell would have followed througb with his promise lmfao. Oh well.
Currently Playing:
N/A
bji
bji
Mafia Scum
bji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2234 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:48 am

Post by bji »

@Math: I would like to understand the reasoning for claiming IC when you did. I have never played with an IC but I can see how it affected the rest of town, everyone kind of lost interest because it just becomes a game of follow the IC. It feels to me like the real value of IC is to claim in LYLO/MYLO so that you can hold the hammer and prevent a quickhammer. So I probably wouldn't claim it unless I was at L-1. Just curious why you claimed it when you did?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2235 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:51 am

Post by MathBlade »

Mainly because I "knew" scum were trying to mislynch me and I think I was in a hurry that day for work or something.

Couldn't risk getting hammered while AFK. So I waited til L-2 and knew it was a one on one off situation just was wrong about the off.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2236 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:19 am

Post by karnos »

Thanks for running the game, Foxbird!
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2237 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:44 am

Post by ironstove »

Yea Foxbird I dedicate this song to you
https://youtu.be/dSy2DcATYUo
bji
bji
Mafia Scum
bji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2238 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:24 am

Post by bji »

In post 2229, MathBlade wrote: I thought maybe I had scared you off when I didn't see you. I was so excited to see you playing again :)
No way, my newbie game was awesome and set the foundation for my enjoyment of the game. I only play once or twice a year though, I don't join games unless I feel that I can really give them my undivided attention, and I am not always able to/willing to make the time commitment.

Many players in this game have a much deeper understanding of mafia and can think more strategically about the player associations and likely outcomes than I can. When I read some things that Thor posts or ironstove (in the dead thread), or really many players in this game, I think to myself, wow, these people are like three steps ahead of me at all times.

@iron: was post some kind of crumb? When you mentioned crumbing your role this is the post that I latched onto, I assumed that you had some kind of role that I had never heard of before, some kind of undying thing that would bring you back to life after you were killed, maybe even with a cop action from beyond the grave, hinted by the "mafia feel free to kill me", and "I pop back in with a fabricated report" phrasing in that post. I figured either that or you just planted something that you could use later in the game to try to deter scum from NKing you.

I will repeat that I think Foxbird is a great mod. So timely, so on top of the game, which is super appreciated as not all mods are like that. If she is really in Germany she's also going above and beyond by modding games at all hours of the day and night.
bji
bji
Mafia Scum
bji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2239 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:28 am

Post by bji »

In post 2231, Lowell wrote:Yay bji! I was terrible, thor was meh, but bji carried the day.
Also, no, you weren't terrible, you did your part and survived until nearly the end. And you made yourself a nice patsy for me to bus when needed. You have to learn to like to play scum though; it is more work than town (in my opinion), but you also have a lot more agency in the game than most town do.
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2240 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:31 am

Post by inspectorscout »

In post 2238, bji wrote:I will repeat that I think Foxbird is a great mod. So timely, so on top of the game, which is super appreciated as not all mods are like that. If she is really in Germany she's also going above and beyond by modding games at all hours of the day and night.
QFT

She put a lot of effort and thought in every single aspect, and even then she worried about whether she did well enough.
Now I will sneak out, I'm not part of this bye!
But I know,
At the end...

Am Zaphkael now.
bji
bji
Mafia Scum
bji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2241 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:58 am

Post by bji »

In post 1325, Foxbird wrote:
Votecount 2.22

Thor665
(5) - karnos, Fire Assassin, aronagrundy, bji, ironstove
(L-1!)

MathBlade
(1) - Lowell
Lowell
(2) - Saru, MathBlade
bji
(3) - Nero Cain, Thor665, PenguinPower

Not Voting
(0) - No one!

With
players eligible to vote, it’s
to lynch!

Day 2 will end in
(expired on 2016-11-11 12:47:28).

Mod Notes:

None!
This vote count had me really worried. Scum were the top three wagons! But then town NL'd ... :?
Foxbird
Foxbird
Goon
Foxbird
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2242 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:39 am

Post by Foxbird »

No one has PMed me so far so I assume all the private threads are go!

Neighborhood
Mafia PT
Foxbird
Foxbird
Goon
Foxbird
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2243 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:42 am

Post by Foxbird »

Now, outside of my modding duties: thanks everyone for the kind words! I'm glad that the game went over relatively well - as inspector said, I was worried a lot during the whole thing. Nevertheless, I'm happy that I did it and I plan on modding a lot more games on this site, especially now that I have free reign to throw theme games against the wall!
bji
bji
Mafia Scum
bji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2244 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:03 am

Post by bji »

Can someone help me out here:

- What is the difference between bussing and distancing? Have I been misusing the term bussing? I use it whenever a scum works against another scum in game thread to any significant degree, especially and including voting, and usually requiring consistent, not just transient, pressure

- What is White Knighting? Is it when someone champions someone else's cause? Most likely when a town player champions a scum unwittingly?

- What is pocketing?

- What is "snowing", as in: "Looks like maybe you snowed Iron?"
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2245 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:38 am

Post by inspectorscout »

In post 2244, bji wrote:Can someone help me out here:

- What is the difference between bussing and distancing? Have I been misusing the term bussing? I use it whenever a scum works against another scum in game thread to any significant degree, especially and including voting, and usually requiring consistent, not just transient, pressure

- What is White Knighting? Is it when someone champions someone else's cause? Most likely when a town player champions a scum unwittingly?

- What is pocketing?

Bussing is scumreading, casing, ...whatever, you get the thing. distancing is this, but to a lesser degree, and you dont always have to scumread the other guy. theyre more or less the same to me though

white knighting is hard defending someone

pocketing is trying to appeal to another player. its the same as buddying, if you're more familiar with that

I have no idea what snowing is. I think throwing shade?
But I know,
At the end...

Am Zaphkael now.
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2246 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:02 am

Post by karnos »

In post 2244, bji wrote:Can someone help me out here:

- What is pocketing?

IMO, which is probably wrong:

Distancing: disagreeing with a scum buddy, maybe even voting them, calling them scummy or bad, but not wholeheartedly pushing for their lynch in a strong way.

Busing: literally comes from throwing someone under the bus. Pushing a strong wagon to lynch a buddy, or at least appearing to do so.

White Knighting: Scum picking a town to defend, thanks to knowing who is town, and looking good when that defended town gets lynched and indeed flips town.

Pocketing: Reading someone as town in the hopes that helps them read you as town, can be done by scum or town.

Snowing: white frozen water that falls from the sky during some cold days. Occasionally gets me out of going to work.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2247 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:12 am

Post by MathBlade »

To snow is a colloquialism meaning to fool or deceive.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #2248 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:56 am

Bussing is basically when you're actually trying to get your buddy lynched (maybe you hope you'll fail, maybe you hope you'll succeed).
Distancing is when you're only
pretending
to try to get your buddy lynched.
scum
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #2249 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:57 am

In post 2235, MathBlade wrote:Mainly because I "knew" scum were trying to mislynch me and I think I was in a hurry that day for work or something.
I wonder if "I have a confirmable role" would work. It doesn't hard-clear you, and it doesn't really game-solve, but it makes players reluctant to lynch you without at least asking what it is. And as an Innocent Child, gambits you try are very unlikely to backfire.
scum
town

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”