Newbie 1762: Frequent Flyers - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:33 am

Post by Dunnstral »

Dave is L-1
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:34 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 112, havingfitz wrote:@Dunnstal...in Post 32 you try to give a reason for your "all of this stuff was bad" comment in Post 27 but your reason provided is pretty bad (they ignore stuff?). Can you please elaborate for example why my vote on Ecks Dee was "bad?" And how ironstove's clearly random vote on you is confusing?...I see knightmare is asking the same things from you....

@Dunnstal...your Post 35 explaining wrt ironstove is pretty lame. Like you are trying to find smoke where none really exists. And once again...knightmare is saying what I'm thinking.

@Dunnstal...but you are at odds with ironstove if you think his vote on you was bad...regardless of what RVS reason he gave. Now you seem to be backing off a bit. Still in parallel with knightmare.
Is this just commentary or what

Pretty sure I answered this

for the ironstove thing it's not enough to draw a vote over echo (just like I wouldn't vote you)

Iron looks bad on the last page though, and I don't know why they're voting dave.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:37 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 125, Dunnstral wrote:Dave is L-1
Is he? Let's check.

VOTE: Dave
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:37 am

Post by Dunnstral »

lol
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:38 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 52, Dunnstral wrote:VOTE: PsychoticDave
In post 111, Titus wrote:My job as the IC is to show you how to scumhunt, not be an expert everyone follows to the absence of their own opinion. While I have played a laxidaisical approach, you and Grey are busy fighting each other over methods, which benefits no one. That's why we get wagons on l minus 1 "because drunk". Now, I don't know why y'all feel compelled to peacock, but it needs to stop as it blocks reading you. You both are acting superior and knightmare is reflexively scumreading that. (he could be right, but it is unlikely).

In post 112, havingfitz wrote:Catch up/game notes...
Page 1:

@PsychoDave...not a fan of . Able to make a post but only to give an excuse why you won't be joining us atm. So why not just lay down an RVS vote and forgo excuses?

Nothing else much other than the most interesting avatar voting at the end of the page. Echo tacking on a an L-2 RVS vote on Dunn raises an eyebrow.

Page 2:

@Echo...in you say you didn't realize your, what I assume was completely random, vote on Dunnstal was putting him at L-2 (ie uncomfortably close to getting lynched).
So why keep your vote on Dunnstal? If your vote is not random can you provide a reason for it still being there?

@Dunnstal...in you try to give a reason for your "all of this stuff was bad" comment in but your reason provided is pretty bad (they ignore stuff?). Can you please elaborate for example why my vote on Ecks Dee was "bad?" And how ironstove's clearly random vote on you is confusing?...I see knightmare is asking the same things from you....

@Dunnstal...your explaining wrt ironstove is pretty lame. Like you are trying to find smoke where none really exists. And once again...knightmare is saying what I'm thinking.

@Dunnstal...but you if you think his vote on you was bad...regardless of what RVS reason he gave. Now you seem to be backing off a bit. Still in parallel with knightmare.

@PsychoDave... is terrible.

Page 3:

-Grey- enters the game and immediately votes Echo (no detail yet) and proclaims Titus his defacto MYLO vote if Titus is still in the game.

@PsychoDave...Posts like arn't going to fly. Setting yourself up for inactivity and or mistakes due to alcohol and drug use basically means you are useless as town or scum.

@Knightmare...?

@-Grey-... = Echo is "scummy af."

Page 4:

@Titus...? If you are trying to get a reaction why explain the vote as just for lolz? And now that you have a defense of you post by -Grey- and a condemnation (and vote) by knightmare (who I assume? you think is town)...what do you take from those two responses?

Knightmare...slightly unwarranted reaction here. All who suspect you (and/or defend those that do) are not necessarily scum. I think it's clear Titus was looking for reactions moreso than trying to get a wagon rolling on you by placing the lone vote on it...for lolz.

Caught up through post 109.

tl:dr;

Didn't care for the accidental votes by Echo and Dave that brought people within reach of a lynch.

While I do not like knightmare's reaction to Titus' voting him I still lean town on him.

Leaning town on Ecks Dee

Not sure why ironstove joined this game if they are burnt out. Hopefully they are replaced soon.

I do not think Echo did anything suspect after hearing his explanation of his actions. Town lean.

Not a big fan of how Dunnstal has been explaining his actions...but also not a big fan of Dave (see comments to him above)...whom Dunstal is voting atm. Suspect them both.

I don't see anything wrong with Titus's play so far...town lean.

That's leaves TBDs atm for -Grey - and ironstove.

VOTE: PsychoticDave
In post 121, ironstove wrote:VOTE: Psychotic Dave
In post 127, -Grey- wrote:
In post 125, Dunnstral wrote:Dave is L-1
Is he? Let's check.

Yeah that's lynch
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:45 am

Post by -Grey- »

My investigation confirmed Dunstral's findings.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:59 am

Post by ironstove »

LOL that's hilarious. I didn't realize hammer is only 5
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:06 am

Post by havingfitz »

Grey....why the hammer? You never mentioned Dave as far as I can see.

Ironstoves...is this your first newbie game? Why the vote?
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:07 am

Post by Dunnstral »

Ironstoves is an se
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: not on a plane, not on a train, not in a moat, not on a boat

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:19 am

Post by EchoVision »

ironstove, I'm pretty sure that was your first post. Without reasoning, you just choose to put up a random vote on dave, again with NO REASONING! You haven't been active at all in this, at least not from what I've seen, and your first post, about 3 days into the game, was a random lynch vote putting dave at what I believe is l-1? (too lazy to count, sorry...)

Also, I'm not sure if I've done this or not, but
UNVOTE:
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:21 am

Post by EchoVision »

Didn't even realize there was a page 6, my bad. Also, grey, why would you just put a vote in for dave just to "check"???? That seems incredibly foolish, and in the long run, may end up hurting more than it will help... If he really was at l-1, then there's not much more to say at this point...
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:22 am

Post by Dunnstral »

It wasn't his first post. I quoted him while voting you. You've basically admitted to not having read what I was typing
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:54 am

Post by ironstove »

@havingfits why would this be my first game? I'm a SE slot... but as an FYI newbie games I've been in the past normally have somewhere around 11-13 players, this is the first time I've been in one with 9 as a starting roster.

@echo I liked fitz post, so I was like yea let's lynch the guy

@all i'll admit I didn't realize I put dave @ L-1 I figured my vote would put more pressure on him for information, but it wasn't me that hammered. That hammer was more scummy than my naked vote... Anyway, that's hammer so there is no point unvoting or attempting to change votes. GOOD WORK TOWN!
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:07 am

Post by EchoVision »

In post 136, Dunnstral wrote:It wasn't his first post. I quoted him while voting you. You've basically admitted to not having read what I was typing
What do you mean... Your vote on me legitimately said "Vote: EchoVision"... No context... No nothing...
You've basically admitted to not having read what you were typing
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:15 am

Post by Dunnstral »

And in the next few posts over the next few minutes I explained my vote :roll:

Took it far too literally
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:17 am

Post by Dunnstral »

Shouldn't the games name spell it "fliers"
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:22 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 137, ironstove wrote:@all i'll admit I didn't realize I put dave @ L-1 I figured my vote would put more pressure on him for information, but it wasn't me that hammered. That hammer was more scummy than my naked vote... Anyway, that's hammer so there is no point unvoting or attempting to change votes. GOOD WORK TOWN!
Why did you feel the need to defend your naked vote?

Was anyone calling you out on it?
---
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:36 am

Post by ironstove »

yes, no shit
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:48 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 142, ironstove wrote:yes, no shit
Scum doesn't count. Harping on town for surface level scumminess is how they survive.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:57 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 139, Dunnstral wrote:And in the next few posts over the next few minutes I explained my vote :roll:

Took it far too literally
Hairsplitting is a hallmark of scumminess.

Town is gonna get shit wrong, and town knows that much. Scum is invested in selling their illegitimate viewpoint as the right one.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:58 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 132, havingfitz wrote:Grey....why the hammer? You never mentioned Dave as far as I can see.
Some people like to watch things happen. Others like to make things happen.

I'm the latter.
---
Ecks Dee
Ecks Dee
Townie
Ecks Dee
Townie
Townie

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:07 pm

Post by Ecks Dee »

I didn't realize we're allowed to post after hammer, but you're all doing it and I don't see anything that prohibits it so here you go.
In post 66, PsychoticDave wrote:Oh shit
I was drunk as fuck last night and smoked about half a pound of some good. Party lasted two days.
I didn't even realize he was that close to being lynched. I thought we were voting for best avatar.

I feel so stupid right now.
In my (limited) experience, drunkenness, etc. is usually an excuse scum use (regardless of their actual state of mind). And he doesn't even add anything new to the scum-hunting discussion. If he somehow isn't scum, so far he's been unhelpful enough to the town he might be better lynched anyways. (I've just come back now so I will say that his most recent post is not bad, but short and only says one thing. Does little to reduce the scum-read I've had.)

Going on to EV: He might have been legit with this post, in that it was just fluff for a random-ish vote, but it feels like it's over-thought fluff. It feels like he's being over-self-conscious with his posts and trying too hard to seem town, which isn't something town should be concerned about. His more recent posts are somewhat better, but I would have been more comfortable with his lynch over Dave's.

Since shit's happened since I started this post, let's start with the first elephant in the room: Titus's vote on knightmare. At first glance, I felt something along the lines of "omg y u do that ur obv scum," but his explanation isn't unreasonable. I'm not getting a definite town- or scum-read from it, but I'm actually leaning town right now.

On to the naked vote followed by the hammer: I actually don't find the naked vote suspicious at all, but ironstove maybe should be playing harder, even if he's burnt out. But the hammer--I don't care how suspicious he was, we had over a week left! That was just dumb and seems scum-motivated, and Grey so far hasn't done anything to help it. Which leaves me with three scum-reads, but let's see how the rest of this plays out before coming to a final decision on that.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:26 pm

Post by grapes »

FINAL DAY 1 VOTECOUNT

PsychoticDave (5)
// Dunnstral / Titus / havingfitz / ironstove / -Grey- //
>Lynch<

Dunnstral (1)
// EchoVision
EchoVision (1)
// Ecks Dee

Not Voting (2)
// PsychoticDave / knightmare

With 9 votes in play, 5 were needed to lynch.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:32 pm

Post by grapes »

Day 1
has ended with the
lynch
of
PsychoticDave
, whose role was
Vanilla Townie

It is now Night 1.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:33 pm

Post by grapes »

You have (expired on 2016-12-07 20:40:02) to place night actions.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”