Mini 1856 - This Mafia Game is for pieguyn (Game Over)

Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:13 am

Post by Luna Fox »

But if you like my vote on you so much you can have it back
VOTE: beeboy
~Gotta stay happy, Everyone's your friend~
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:15 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

You're a double poster though
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:15 am

Post by beeboy »

ok I just dob't think me and Drealz can reasonably be scum together.
ah yes, beeboy style reads;
if this person flips town, then i'll townread them. - Nahdia
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:16 am

Post by beeboy »

don't*
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:40 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 1115, drealmerz7 wrote:that's a beautiful claim

I'd rather not have to explain it

it's a bit disconcerting that I might have to...
lol no. Do an actual claim.
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:56 am

Post by Varsoon »

As always, you default to be nebulous rather than clear.
Video isn't allowed in my country.
Looks like you'll have to actually claim.
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:57 am

Post by beeboy »

In post 1130, Varsoon wrote:Video isn't allowed in my country.
lol
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:12 am

Post by Nahdia »

*does a sicknasty kickflip over the last 10 pages*

heeeyyy what's up guys.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:14 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

*judo throws Nahdia back*
READ!
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:21 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 1132, Nahdia wrote:*does a sicknasty kickflip over the last 10 pages*

heeeyyy what's up guys.

You made a cute reads list that was cute
I back-and-forthed with Drealz
Other questions were asked and answered
Honestly, just go read it
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:27 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 932, Nahdia wrote:Dwlee99 my goofy comrade: i'm gonna talk in meme so u understand me better. m9 u wanna fite m8? r u scum m8? il brek ur legs, swer on mi mum. il fook u up i wil. honestly. alllright?
k
I prefer they, thanks :)
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:53 am

Post by pieguyn »

i have a post i want to make when i'm back home in ~2 hours. please, for the love of god, do not fucking quick-lynch before i can do this
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:56 am

Post by Luna Fox »

drealz went back to L-2 with bee's unvote so...
~Gotta stay happy, Everyone's your friend~
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:43 am

Post by pieguyn »

the two people who i want to focus the absolute most on right now are {dwlee, Varsoon}

a lot of dwlee's reads don't feel naturally formed; they feel like they're designating scum reads and coming up with reasons to push them afterward. the read on drealz is one example of this: it amounted to drealz being scum for "noise", which is a kind of push i hate because it's entirely to do with policy and nothing to do with his actual play; there's nothing in there that suggests dwlee is actually attempting to sort and think critically about drealz, it's the kind of thing scum focuses on when they want to give the impression that someone needs to die because they're not playing optimally. arguments like that are usually really safe arguments to push because it's really easy for town players to get pissed off and say "fuck it, i agree" instead of thinking too hard about it - and even if they don't, people usually don't fault the aggressor for pushing them because what they're saying is (objectively) true

the read on Cakez-kun i don't take quite as much issue with, but i still don't think his interpretation of the post (second quote in ) is all that great. lining up lynches is definitely a thing scum does, but it isn't what Cakez-kun was doing - what Cakez-kun was doing was seeing a notable momentum shift onto someone he thought was town and making the assumption there had to be a scum on it. i don't think there's anything unreasonable there and i don't see why that would catch anyone's attention to that extent unless they had a previous scum read on the slot, which i don't think dwlee did

a lot of this also has to do with timing: all of their scum reads/pushes (drealz, Gamma, Cakez-kun) have mostly appeared along with these people becoming leading/viable wagons. i think they're also being not very proactive in terms of explaining their reads in general, their reaction to Gamma () and their Cakez-kun read being two examples of this - that was pretty much all of the effort they put into explaining either of those reads, and in particular, for Cakez-kun being a strong enough read to vote, there was... like... no effort beyond the one post they called out to actually push or question or refine the read on him. i don't get the impression they're interested in pushing anything besides targets they know they can safely push

Varsoon's play has just been shit and i have a scum read on him purely based on the fact that i don't think he would be this shit-awful at the game as town. a lot of the time he tends to make crazy-sounding posts as either alignment, but what i really hate about him here is the fact that there is absolutely no breadth to his play. pretty much all he's done has been sitting there and hard pushing drealz and Aero for pretty awful reasons. i've seen him be stubborn about reads before, but there is absolutely no depth of thought to either of these reads: drealz is scum for "noise" and for "dodging a direct question about his alignment" (what???), Aero is scum because "his claim" and that's basically the extent of all of his pushes this game. having a strong scum read that you want to push more than other people is one thing, this is another... there's no critical thinking here and no unilateral questioning that suggests he's even trying to pay attention to anything else in the game outside of the two pushes he wants to make: it isn't someone scum hunting, it's someone finding things to latch onto and nitpick over in order to generate content. i've seen and been town who has had strong scum reads and while yes, you want to make sure there is absolutely no way anyone else gets lynched, you don't just fucking ignore everything else in the game, you at least attempt to form reads outside of your strong scum read.

i had doubts about this, but then when i asked for people to give me time to post content, he responded with ... you just do not end the day phase in less than 4 RL days when there's someone who has done nothing who is explicitly saying that they want to be given a chance to do things before the day ends, that's just common fucking sense, and i am sure that Varsoon is not so completely dense that he would ignore this. more than anything, i really just don't see him being this awful here... i know Varsoon can be can kind of crazy sometimes, but he's not completely fucking dense like he is here.

i think probably the third scum is somewhere in {pisskop, drealmz, mhsmith0}, mostly just because i have way too many town reads elsewhere - and if i had to commit i would say mhsmith is the most town out of this group, but i wouldn't bet on it

tl;dr Varsoon is a much better lynch than drealz, and *if* drealz is lynched and flips town, i want at the very *least* both dwlee and Varsoon to die in the fires of hell. if he's lynched and flips scum, honestly i still think we'd have a pretty good shot at hitting scum there anyway since he seems like a rather obvious bus target and i still just have too many town reads elsewhere

i suppose this means i don't have much of a reason to stop a drealz lynch, but... /shrug
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:52 am

Post by pieguyn »

Aero is someone who i could also see as scum. i have a very slight town lean on him because his catchup was pretty OK as far as quote-wall catchups go, and i didn't mind the follow-through push on the Varsoon read (a lot of the time scum will just stand there and quote a bunch of posts but never actually put any serious effort into making any of their pushes go anywhere), but i'd probably reevaluate him first if i'm going wrong somewhere.

if i die overnight, don't get distracted by lynchbait like Cakez-kun or Gamma tomorrow - {dwlee, Varsoon}.
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:05 am

Post by beeboy »

In post 1138, pieguyn wrote:suppose this means i don't have much of a reason to stop a drealz lynch, but... /shrug

Sounds good!

I took out the right section of that post ^_^
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:06 am

Post by beeboy »

This game probably has some anti pie fear kill mechanism tho in the form of a doctor
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:07 am

Post by Aeronaut »

Beeboy why are you for lynching Drealz but against lynching version
2023 W/L | 1-0
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:07 am

Post by pieguyn »

also, for the record, there were a few things earlier in the game that concerned me about Luna, but i feel mostly sure that she's just town after her interaction with beeboy.

there is a part of me that is paranoid that what she's doing here is an attempt to emulate her usual "strong conviction" style of play (a la what i did in badass women) but it is not significant enough to where i would worry about it before LYLO
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:08 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1140, beeboy wrote:Sounds good!

how about you actually read the entire post and quit being fucking awful at the game?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:11 am

Post by pieguyn »

before we go to night phase, Luna, what do your scum reads outside of beeboy look like?
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:17 am

Post by beeboy »

In post 1144, pieguyn wrote:
In post 1140, beeboy wrote:Sounds good!

how about you actually read the entire post and quit being fucking awful at the game?

I did actually but I don't feel as though Varsoon and Drealz can be scum together and I feel more confident that Drealz is scum compared to Varsoon.

I would vote Dwlee but I actually want to see momentum head in that direction first.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:24 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Pie you really have no clue how to read me. I dont do any of the things you mentioned when I roll scum. Or if I do theyre definitely not alignment indicative. I am gonna be "responsible," do my homework that I need to, take a break from league and play this game tonight.
Keeping up with all of these posts is hard when school is happening because I cant check my phone to read and respond like I was somehow able to do without getting in trouble at school last year.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:26 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1146, beeboy wrote:I did actually but I don't feel as though Varsoon and Drealz can be scum together and I feel more confident that Drealz is scum compared to Varsoon.

I would vote Dwlee but I actually want to see momentum head in that direction first.
i think you're wrong. i think that at the very least, Varsoon would be more than open to a hard bus on D1, for a bunch of possible reasons (i.e. he might have seen drealz blowing over like a lead balloon and figured "fuck this, there's no reason to defend him", he might have done it as a conscious choice to bus, he might have just done it for shits and giggles because he's Varsoon). is it something on drealz's end that makes you think this?

i was voting dwlee for quite some time earlier, i just hadn't explained the read at all so i wasn't expecting it to go anywhere. if enough people seem receptive to it i would be willing to go there today
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:27 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Look at family mafia and see the shit that happened when my hydra got wagoned and lynched day one when we were both not even around.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”