Rule Addition Regarding Hiding Identity from Staff

This forum is for Administrators to post news concerning the site and forums.
Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #27 (isolation #0) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:07 pm

Post by Aronis »

In post 16, Accountant wrote:Wouldn't it provide the mod an unfair advantage in meta terms? Say Bob makes an alt, Albert. Bob has a specific and distinctive tell that he only does as scum, but he doesn't mind doing it as Albert because nobody knows it's him. One day, a staff member discovers his identity as part of their duties and now knows Albert is Bob, which gives them a game advantage.
I feel like the best solution to this problem would be to have Bob learn how to properly play mafia that way bob wouldn't need to rely on alts to be good at mafia.

Also, how is it not an unfair advantage for someone to be an alt? Because they are able to use meta and prior experiences to read every other player in the game, but then those players being unable to utilize the same ability seems kinda screwed up to me.
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #30 (isolation #1) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:14 pm

Post by Aronis »

In post 28, Accountant wrote:The question I'm looking at is if the mod is town in that game if it would be right and ethical for them to play to their wincon and lynch bob
The question I'm looking at is why that should ever need to be an issue and problem in the first place.

Return to “News”