Mini #534 - Vegetable Mafia (Game Over!)

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:44 am

Post by thinktank »

right back at you Ryan :)

vote ryan
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (isolation #1) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:55 pm

Post by thinktank »

bandwagoning someone whos randomed themself does not seem like a good idea..Its not a scum move to do that, it is kinda odd but not scum. What is scum is wagoning someone on randoming themself with no information....
Armlx: What has he done to make you think he's scum.
Mizzy: Other than not scumhunt, not post much as of late other than jokes and lurk a bit?

Oman: This is known as "doing a thinktank".
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (isolation #2) » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:44 pm

Post by thinktank »

I have to agree with the bandwagon tactic. It works well. Its not necessarily the way to out newbies or vets, but it does work. How do you expect to get any information on anybody in this game if theres no pressure? especially on a day one when no one has been cleared either through a power role or by means of death, so its up to the players to find out for themselves and imo its the most effective method.

Oman: whats with al the really random acts? asking people to post role pms..
FoS:Oman

Right now your not helping town at all. you 're taking away from town.
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (isolation #3) » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:58 am

Post by thinktank »

alright well:
unvote

Why exactly is Ryan at Lynch-3? from what i've seen this is a bandwagon by oman...the guy who randomed himself, voted himself, then asked for a role pm..
There isnt enough to lynch anybody yet.. we 've had 90 posts..with 12 players thats bout 7 posts per player and plus mod stuff..how can u possibly lynch someone when you've seen only 7 of their posts? its a very scummy move to put someone at lynch-3 on 7 posts, or incredibly dumb, to be jumping into a bandwagon started by the guy who asked for role pm so incredibly quickly..
Mizzy: Other than not scumhunt, not post much as of late other than jokes and lurk a bit?

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (isolation #4) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:15 am

Post by thinktank »

It's not the fact that Ryan was at lynch-3 that I felt was scummy. It was becuase of WHY he was at lynch-3, or two if i had miscounted at that point. It was because many people were follwing a band wagon made by oman, and some people jumped on the wagon on a whim.

I understand now that Destructor apparently meant to cast a "fake" vote which is still shady.

Kravhen: I'm certain you don't think this is a newbite game as Y stated, which makes your statement all the more arrogant. However, I do agree that we need to cats light upon everyone and then lynch, especially on day one.

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (isolation #5) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:16 am

Post by thinktank »

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (isolation #6) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:54 am

Post by thinktank »

Ryan: What destructor did with the fake vote does eem scummy but its far to early to be sure of anything yet. The fact that you are pushing a lynch as hard as you are is also very scummy. I realize you have your reasons however, they arent nearly enough to lynch someone, the fact that that he may deflect doesnt necessarily make him. it makes his actions scummy. Theres a difference.

However there was a comment earlier on Anti-town and scum and their lack of interchangeability which i disagree with. Anti-town is imo the same thing as scum and i fail to comprehend why anyone would think otherwise. If you are not helping town, you are taking away from town. Aka, if you were a townie taking away from town, you're play would make absolutely zero sense. However if you consider the position from a scum perspective, this position becomes entirely justified.

Destructor: Why did you fake vote? I don't buy your claim that you wanted to see people's reactions.

Oman: Start playing less randomly, you are taking away from town;

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (isolation #7) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:37 am

Post by thinktank »

Don't turn this into a flame war, its just a game.

Has Korran been replaced or prodded? he doesnt seem to have posted a single post as of yet?

Who me? and Crub please stop lurking. I realize that you have posted but from ive seen of your posts they have not made any definite statements to contribute so essentially you have been absent from this game.

Destructor i dont buy your logic because i think you were trying to lure for someone to put the hammer but then realize that they were actually the second last vote and then lynch the hammerer. Whilte its true hammers are scummy, theres no way majority of scum players would ever go for hammer because its too blatant. Which is why i think your actions are scummy. Wanting to see people's reactions COULD be true but im sry either you were trying to lure or you pulled something completely idiotic that has led the town on a goosechase for the last couple of days. Either way its bad.

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (isolation #8) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:54 pm

Post by thinktank »

Oman wrote:
VOTE OMAN
Oman wrote:Ryan...can you post your role pm?
Asking for role pms? voting yourself? Plus wagoning is one thing but you've started so many bandwagons this day its completely ludacris. You didnt let any of them develop except for baseless ryan wagon, thereby making some of your acts random. I admit you have made useful posts but you have made your fair share of. I"m sry calling me an idiot for not substantiating simply shows your lack of reading as i stated my case for random self vote and completely out of line ask for the role pm.
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (isolation #9) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:39 pm

Post by thinktank »

Destructor: Why do i think the ryan wagon was scummy due to Oman's involvement? because people jumped on the wagon completely on a whim, at the time Oman was jst trying to get information, he did not have any solid case on ryan. At the time he had also voted for himself as well as asked for a role pm, albeit a joke. Now, what person jumps on that wagon that quickly. It seems to defy logic. That is why the ryan wagon seemd scummy to me.
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (isolation #10) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:37 pm

Post by thinktank »

encrypted claims are not viable, i agree with Y that they are not in teh spirit of the game. Unlike a lot of people i will give Phat ethe benefit of the doubt that he didn't know what the safe claim was and its definetly not enough to vote him. True its scummy but considering he admitted he didnt know what it was and his join date implies this as well, I don't think he has enough strikes on him to lynch as ryan stated.

But seriously, stop coming up with these oddball ideas, they aren't helping town at all: safe claim and the encrypted claim? really?

Phate's actions are definetly scummy, being new or not is besides that point however don't hammer him yet, i think he is at lynch-2 but more information is needed, we don't have the smoking gun yet.
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (isolation #11) » Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:45 am

Post by thinktank »

gorckat wrote:
destructor wrote:Y and his partners? What are you saying here?
Throwing out various ways his '2 scum on the wagon' could be way off. I didn't even look to see if Y was on the wagon, but just threw the scenario out there.

unvote

vote: thinktank

thinktank, parsed for emphasis wrote:i will give Phat ethe benefit of the doubt that he didn't know what the safe claim was and its definetly not enough to vote him.

True its scummy

but considering he admitted he didnt know what it was and his join date implies this as well, I don't think he has enough strikes on him to lynch as ryan stated.

But seriously, stop coming up with these oddball ideas, they aren't helping town at all: safe claim and the encrypted claim? really?

Phate's actions are definetly scummy,

being new or not is besides that point however don't hammer him yet
Each section, in sequence, weaves all over the place. Is he scummy for what he's done or not? Is it enough to have him at -2 or not?
I apologize if I was not clear. Phate's actions are definetly summy under normal circumstances however he has claimed that he did not know any better and his join date agrees with him. Therefore what i'm saying is that yes he is acting scummy but there is no enough to lynch him as of yet so a hammer on him would only lead to a speed kill and an anti-town move because scum always want to get someone lynched speedily.

He has done enough to be at a lynch -2. He has not done enough to be lynched. Really hope that helps.
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (isolation #12) » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:29 am

Post by thinktank »

That exchange was difficult to follow and i'm left with a little confused feeling. Let me reread. I have one question though, forgive me if i missed this point, How would Phate know how to claim lettuce assuming that its was an actual role without actually being town? I still don't quite get what this entire argument was about..
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (isolation #13) » Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:12 am

Post by thinktank »

soupfly: you didn't give any substantiation for voting WhoMe. Are you just trying to apply pressure through randoms or do you have a case worth hearing against him.

Just a note: these back and forth conversations for the last 2 or 3 pages are really getting tiring to read not to mention boring because its the same thig over and over again. Aka, the Phate claim thing and this semi war between ryan and Y. ryan , Y, what are you guys arguing about, I've lost track. Apparently ryan said he agrees with you which begs the questions whats this about?

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (isolation #14) » Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:57 am

Post by thinktank »

Granted, what Phate did was selfishnd he can come of a bit strongly at times however why does he have the most votes at this point? It doesn't make sense that scum would claim so early when there was no pressure on him to claim.
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (isolation #15) » Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:29 am

Post by thinktank »

This game is becoming increasingly frustrating, its just going in circles. Lets get thing started.

vote: Oman

because your last comment about hating us all hurt my feelings.
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (isolation #16) » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:18 pm

Post by thinktank »

Why didn't I vote Phate? I said he was worthy of being at lynch-2. If I had voted him then he would have been at lynch -1, which he was not worthy of at that point.

This game has been going in complete circles. Yes not everything is said is useless, far from it but the pace could you use some livening up.
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (isolation #17) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:20 pm

Post by thinktank »

destructor wrote:I don't know if it's obvious that you're not scum at all, but yes, it's not a reason to lynch you, as much as you saying ryan is your scum-buddy isn't a reason to lynch ryan. But Phate and TDS both
agree
(?) with you and say they want him lynched.

Maybe my sense of humour isn't so sharp today, but while I find it all amusing it's also confusing the hell out of me.
Its not confusing, its darn right scummy. They are essentially agreeing to lynch ryan when Oman made the claim (supposedly a joke ) which is completely devoid of logic because you would think that the logical thing would be to lynch Oman and then if he turned out scum lynch ryan not the other way. The two of them jumped on that post REALLY fast, and considering that post was essentially baseless makes them look highly scummy.

Unvote
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (isolation #18) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:17 pm

Post by thinktank »

Phate: However valid your point may be, no one, especially me, will take anything you have to say seriously if you don't calm down and end this one sided flame war which you've started; It's just a game, no matter how seriously you take it, others come here to play and have fun.

Btw, if you believe Oman, what possible reason is there to lynch Ryan first? Like Oman said, if he's scum, you really can' t believe anything he has to say, so why would you lynch Ryan first, before Oman; that makes no sense whatsoever.

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (isolation #19) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:04 am

Post by thinktank »

Anti-town and distracting are both definitely bad for town but they don't generally point to scum because USUALLY scum are smart enough not to make it obvious of their anti-town behaviour. That being said , it doesn't mean that because you're being anti-town means you aren't scum but logically speaking its not the case. For example, looking at Phate's behaviour, I find it as highly anti-town and distracting but he is probably one of the last people I would consider to be scum in this game for the same reason.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”