Mini 1855: Questionable Content Mafia - Game Over!

JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:33 am

Post by JaeReed »

uhhh no idea just yet sorry.

Like I think spy is probably town but I dont' know what he's trying to say lately

camn stuff i kinda want more than what she gave me tbh, it's cool if she doesn't wanna explain the spy townread yet but i would like the read on me and socrates explained in more detail tomorrow or whenever she gets around to it.

can't think much more beyond that tonight sorry. <3
kraska is still town for anyone who is curious. my high confidence trs are both kraska and dunnstral at this point
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:35 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Camn thought you were scum because you didn't post in the thread immediately after you confirmed.

Spy I have no clue.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:42 am

Post by SpyreX »

What do you want from me now gosh
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:46 am

Post by SpyreX »

And which ones of you cheeky little bastards asked the mod like i was making it up
Show

Proud member of BaM
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:05 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Ok, time to dig into the thread with gusto …

Actually have an early gut Townread on Dunn for . It shows he’s interested in reading the rules and brought what could be a set-up clue (althought DS has tried to suggest otherwise) to Town’s attention. And for as his mind is right where mine was reading LUV’s post.

Likewise I am getting an early scum-lean on LUV for which says nothing and make a completely terrible point about LLD’s claimed post restriction being too hard to fake. Which makes no sense and might be a sign that he knows LLD isn’t scum so doesn’t think she is faking. Also very much dislike and it feels like a little bit of chainsawing for a potentially inactive partner.

--

My biggest suspicion right now is camn. Frankly I think both pushes she’s made so far have been weak. Now that on its own isn’t something I’d think is a solid scum tell given how early we are in the game-state. However I see some discontinuity between her posts and what she’s claiming as motivations.

First example – is the original response to kraska’s vote of camn. That post out and out implies “I don’t care”. Yet at she claims she is “all worked up” about kraska’s vote. There’s a large disconnect there. Also regarding kraska - I’m not sold on the whole “what did you do for ten minutes” push as making much sense. Why would scum who had just seen camn float the theory that scum confirmed via PM and then went to the scum PT instead of the thread immediately respond with “Oh, I did”. And the “oh, I’m going to write up a bunch on kraska and call them scum but then fence-sit on them while parking a gut vote on Socrates” feels very off.

Finally – given what I am seeing from LUV I’m also concerned that no sort of attempt to sort that slot comes in 181.

--

@Jae
let’s talk. I’m having a hard time deciding whether I believe your reads list comes from Town or not.

Why did I drop tiers in your reads list between and given I had no activity during that time-frame?

Also,
In post 105, JaeReed wrote:Periods aren't stiff. I just like to gut/tone read early game. Your confirmation didn't ping me as town like for example, Magna's. I went for a meta dive on both you and SpyreX and came to the conclusion it probably didn't mean anything major. Which is generally par for the course.
Why didn’t you meta dive me to see if my opening looks like Town Magna? Because I will tell you it is an absolute departure from my usual style.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:40 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

How doesn't it make any sense? Not everyone has the knowledge or resources available to make sure their posts consist of good grammar.

It also doesn't seem like something someone would make up just to avoid not posting. Much easier to just fake like you're busy in real life. I think it's best if there is some sort of investigative role, to clear her. If she's scum, great. If she's town, we don't have to worry about her lack of content.

Also there is a hint in my opening post but now is not the time to talk about that.

Why do you dislike my ? Can you think of a single reason why 3 people who haven't posted yet are on that list?
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:55 am

In post 205, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:How doesn't it make any sense? Not everyone has the knowledge or resources available to make sure their posts consist of good grammar.

It also doesn't seem like something someone would make up just to avoid not posting. Much easier to just fake like you're busy in real life. I think it's best if there is some sort of investigative role, to clear her. If she's scum, great. If she's town, we don't have to worry about her lack of content.

Also there is a hint in my opening post but now is not the time to talk about that.

Why do you dislike my ? Can you think of a single reason why 3 people who haven't posted yet are on that list?
Yes, let's discuss.

1. How does everyone not have the knowledge or resources to make sure their posts are grammatically correct? That isn't a high bar to set. More time intensive but not anything I would not expect from anyone old enough to actually be on site. I expect it from my daughter's 7th grade homework. I don't think it is a stretch to think it is a reasonable possible restriction for a game based on written communication.

2. Directing the cop? Strike one.

3. It is certainly not out of the range of scum to fabricate a post restriction that limits their communication. I direct you to Cow's ISO in a Storm of Swords. He faked a crippling post restriction and rode a dayvig of a scummy partner to a win in 3 player LYLO in a Large Theme. No reason to asssume LLD could not fake a less crippling restriction here in a Mini. Yet you are absolutely certain which to me reads knowledge she isn't scum.

4. Pointing to a breadcrumb upon no actual vote but simply the voicing of suspicion by myself? Strike two.

5. Why shouldn't a player be willing to wagon players who they are not Townreading for whatever reason? It's not like kraska's list is set in stone.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:15 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

1.) You'd be surprised. Not everyone is as educated in that subject area as they should be and spell check can only do much. Also as you said, time extensive. I imagine most people would rather make sure that their thoughts and ideas are out there as opposed to making sure whatever they're trying to say is grammatically correct.

2.) I won't go to the umpire on this one. I just think she could potentially become a big distraction down the line if her alignment isn't figured out soon.

3.) I'll reread that game when I have the time but I did acknowledge that I do see the scum motivation in faking the claim.

4.) You said my opening post didn't say anything, I am merely correcting you that it did and if need be, I will reveal what it says. I'm also not worried about your suspicion of me.

5.) I understand she isn't town reading them but she isn't scum reading them either. So why would town be willing to wagon someone they read as null?
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:40 am

In post 207, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:5.) I understand she isn't town reading them but she isn't scum reading them either. So why would town be willing to wagon someone they read as null?
Because how wagons form are a tool town can use to get reads both on the wagonee and those who join or don't join the wagon. That's pretty basic Mafia game theory right there.

Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:44 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

And what reaction is one supposed to get after signs of being shown the player's bandwagon that they jumped on or started is not here? I don't see what reads one can gain from someone unwilling to wagon a player who has not posted yet.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:51 am

Post by DiamondSentinel »

Spoiler: VC Comic 1.2

Vote Count 1.2
JaeReed [3]Lady LambdaDelta, SpyreX, Socrates
Camn [2]kraska77, Dunnstral
Socrates [1]Camn
Not Voting [6]MagnaofIllusion, Nachomamma8, I Am Innocent, pisskop, Lil Uzi Vert, Dunnstral

First person to top Marten's contribution in this thread gets a personal shout-out from me, the mod. Also, they get to choose which comic the next VC Comic comes from.

Day 1 will end in (expired on 2016-12-06 12:00:00)[
Last edited by DiamondSentinel on Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:11 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

Re Kraska's Post 17 "Hey apparently I'm a miller or sth" What do u mean 'or something'?

Re LLD's Post 20, I find that interesting because I have a vote restriction.

Re Syprex's Post 24, Please show me one theme game where a scum team wasn't given fake claims.

LLD's vote on Spyrex in Post 25 was good.

Not a fan of Dunn's "Who is lady lambdadelta supposed to be and are they town? Or is that unknown" in Post 28

Re Spyrex's Post 40 believing kraska's claim matches her flavor, do others familiar with this theme agree?

Post 55 is bad too. JaeReed yells at Dunn for bringing up something but then clarifies it even more "@Dunn my guess is possibility of a vig. Why bother to bring it up?"

And there goes Spyrex's continued obsession with fake claims in 58 and 59...

Good votes by Dunn and Camn in 60 and 61.

Tho Camn provides a different reason than I would have guessed in 65.

JaeReed overreacts in 67 big time with an OMGUS vote and huge reads list.

Spyrex gets town points for calling out JaeReeds 67 in Post 73

Work calls, finish my catchup later.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:12 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

"Re Spyrex's Post 40 believing kraska's claim matches her flavor, do others familiar with this theme agree?"

This line was for the group to answer, hard to see buried in the middle of the post...
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:17 am

Post by Dunnstral »

i think kraska is aligned with
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:21 am

Post by kraska77 »

go on
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:22 am

Post by kraska77 »

not too hot on iai slot rn btw........
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:29 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 214, kraska77 wrote:go on
beetlejuice
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:21 am

Post by SpyreX »

What the hell kind of question is that? If i find games does that change it or is it just percent blahabahab
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:23 am

Post by SpyreX »

I'm a little cranky but ffs
Show

Proud member of BaM
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:25 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

didn't read this comic before playing this game
read like 1000 panels instead of posting in this game
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:25 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

i enjoyed myself, thank you for asking
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:26 am

Post by SpyreX »

It's fun and then /wrists then fun
Show

Proud member of BaM
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:30 am

Post by Socrates »

In post 164, SpyreX wrote:But then why would i be voting her? This is bizarro

And time for bed
Wha? Charlie Brown always tries to kick his football.

I wasn't really all that serious about this whole daytalk conspiracy thing, but then you go and say something silly like this. Now
I
am the befuddled one.
In post 166, JaeReed wrote:@Socrates Your entire premise here is flawed in that it's built off SpyreX being scum, and if you feel he's scum that strongly then you should be voting for him, not me.

Imagine I get revealed as Innocent Child right now. What would that tell you about SpyreX? Nothing.
Now imagine SpyreX gets revealed as Innocent Child. Suddenly I can't be his partner. In that situation would you stay on me or move your vote? If you'd stay on me then there has to be more to your vote than believing that I was being coached on what to say in scum chat.
No, no, you have it backwards. My premise relied on you being coached scum. IF that is the case, THEN who is the coach? It doesn't have to be SpyreX, he's just the most obvious answer.

Your words to me rang as inauthentic (one might even call them stiff), so I considered the possibility that they weren't actually yours and proceeded accordingly.

Camn voting me specifically
without
engaging me would ring as a town-tell if I hadn't just spent the last dozen posts explicating my feelings on the subject. In that context, bah humbug.

MOI is really hung up on Lady's post restriction. He sounds like he has had a bad experience with post restrictions in the past, so maybe that's justified, but a scum would take great pains to ensure that door stays open for the future.

The youngin's seem to have mostly not cottoned to the fact that wagons are no big deal, which fits with them being youngin's.

Honestly, I'm having a hard time keeping track of people. I forgot Dunn was even in this game! I keep confusing Lady and Kraska in my head for some reason, and we have two people who haven't even shown up, I think? Maybe I'm too old for this.

IAI's catch-up post doesn't sit well with me, but god dammit, ALL catch-up post read as scummy to me.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:32 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

It is almost page ten and there is no JaeReed lynch. This is very depressing.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:44 am

Post by SpyreX »

Seeeee lld seee
Show