Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:36 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 711, Joshz wrote:It's not about posting read posts, "and you'll deal with my play until I'm nk'd or lynched *shrug*" is what I take issue with
Still not what you did.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:39 pm

Post by Joshz »

In post 723, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 671, Joshz wrote:Call me crazy

My gut is feeling an ep lynch. He's had a couple good wall posts... and that's about it. He's gone for two low risk votes being gamma and Jordan, about and hasn't followed through convincing us to vote them. And seeing as nobody else replied I take it nobody besides mykonian and EP have a scum read on Jordan, further convincing me it was a failed attempt at an easy lynch. I town read ep hard initially and that is also interesting to note, because he's fairly experienced from what I can tell so he'd know how to appear townie and yet after he generated some discussion he disappeared until he next wallpost. Scroll through his iso, there's a ton of fluff and he only starts discussions, not participates for the most part, which removes responsibility.
Been following this but the conversation on myko somewhat died out. I see what you're trying to say about EP's activity, but why don't you think the same of me? I like his iso, he's keeping people talking about their SRs.
I'm on lunch now, will read nadroj after work, but as I was following the game his posts seemed fine. I'll have to look at Maria as well. I didn't feel like she was being too serious but from what Gerry/kraska are saying it sounds like she might be more likely than one of myko/gamma which is where I was thinking a good lynch would be for today.
I still haven't decided if I'm going to make a wallpost about you being scum. I think scum ep is a much more serious threat to the whole game than scum Ssbm would be, and that's even more apparent with how nobody besides me is onto him (if there's anything to be onto of course).
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:40 pm

Post by Joshz »

:) @ gamma
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:41 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

UNVOTE: Transcend
As much as his copycatting makes me lose it, there's eviler scum to fry.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:01 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 575, Transcend wrote:But like

I can't get over how bad every single vote myk made is.
auhgghghhhhh
I just can't help but feel that mykonian is a bad wagon. I don't know if its some interaction read or just pure gut.
I know what you mean. I see some stuff myko posts and I think to myself "people are definitely going to call him out on that but I just don't feel it."
In post 606, Joshz wrote:I'll reword it: I'm 75% sure one of gamma and myko are scum at the least, and it's more likely myko
how does this happen?!?!?!?!
what is it about the game that makes you think "oh man, if it's not this person then it HAS to be this person"
Like, if you're wrong about one read, does the thought that you're maybe focusing on the wrong things ever cross your mind?
you're taking shots at a lot of people but that's it, you don't follow up at all, you say "oh MTD might be scum, oh jordan might be scum" but you're ignoring them COMPLETELY in favor of focusing on myko
considering that you've been talking about information from an interaction lens, this is so incomprehensible to me???

i have feelings about giga right now, I'll look at an ISO there at some point.
i like gerry, and transcend i think.

considering doing a read of some people. maybe the game as a whole.

please don't take this as anything like elitism, or "i'm better than all of you"
but as someone who has played sparsely in the past few months, and someone who rarely plays in opens/newbies/normals even then
i find it deeply, deeply unenjoyable to play with the community that centers around games that are more inviting to new players. its frustrating to look at posts and actions and be like "what is the point of this?" I'm not saying that newer players are worse, because they're not. I'm still a relatively new player by a lot of people's standards. But I'm seeing time and again in this game that so many of you have a fundamentally different viewpoint on mafia and so much of that just looks like a theatrical act.
I am fully willing to admit that maybe, possibly, i'm being lenient on myko because i want to cling to the two people that i like and the only reason that i signed up for this game, and i'm thinking that maybe it was a mistake.
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:03 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

make that three- road kamelot is, of course, awesome, but considering she signed up after i did, her presence in the game did not influence my decision

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:08 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

I'm sorry, I've been unreasonably on edge for a lot of this week, and I let that leak into my posts I think.
I had to restrain myself when responding to you Josh, and I'm sorry because I think I might have come across as more frustrated at you than I should be, because you do seem to be hunting in earnest

--implosion
provided
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:26 pm

Post by Joshz »

"how does this happen?!?!?!?!
what is it about the game that makes you think "oh man, if it's not this person then it HAS to be this person"
Like, if you're wrong about one read, does the thought that you're maybe focusing on the wrong things ever cross your mind?
you're taking shots at a lot of people but that's it, you don't follow up at all, you say "oh MTD might be scum, oh jordan might be scum" but you're ignoring them COMPLETELY in favor of focusing on myko
considering that you've been talking about information from an interaction lens, this is so incomprehensible to me???"

That isn't what I think. How do you think scum reads work? You find the person you think most likely scum and you vote them. MTD and Jordan both might be scum. Everyone might be scum. There's no point following through if I decide I don't have enough basis for an argument. And in what way am I completely focusing on myko? I already changed my vote off of myko, to you. Taking shots at a lot of people prevents any scum from becoming "lock town" and winning the game while no one's the wiser, and I'm posting a lot of what I am because there's a lot of newer people here that I want to still win for town if I die. Jordan is probably the best example, and I've explained why I think he's the obvious scum push. I don't want scum transcend or scum you or scum myko or scum whatever other experienced player to walk all over newbies because form when I've played tos with newer players in the lobby thst tends to be what happens. I completely agree, I prefer playing with more experienced people, but every site has its own set of everything and I'm still adapting to this site. And to address the question directly: 75% =/= HAS.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:00 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Vote Count 1.17

Macaroni penguins are known to be the largest single consumer of marine resources among all of the seabirds. Screw you, Planet Earth.

mykonian
(4): Road Kamelot, gigabyteTroubadour, Transcend, ssbm_Kyouko
XnadrojX
(2): Errantparabola, mykonian
MariaR
(2): kraska77, gerryoat
Joshz
(1): MTD
MTD
(1): XnadrojX
Gamma Emerald
(1): MariaR
Errantparabola
(1): Joshz

Not Voting
: Gamma Emerald

With 13 alive, it's 7 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2016-11-22 17:06:00)

Notes:
  • kraska77 V/LA until 11/16
  • ssbm_Kyouko has been prodded. He has (expired on 2016-11-16 16:46:00) to make a substantive, game advancing post or he will be replaced.
XnadrojX
XnadrojX
Goon
XnadrojX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:15 pm

Post by XnadrojX »

hmmm 1. Continue lurking 2. Actually be useful
Original Roll String: 1d2
1 2-Sided Dice: (2) = 2
Show
Transcend: His name is Jordan backwards, just call him Jordan.
Something_Smart: Your name is Dnecsnart backwards, should I call you Dnecsnart?
Transcend: lol that actually sounds funny

I've got a wiki!
XnadrojX
XnadrojX
Goon
XnadrojX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:16 pm

Post by XnadrojX »

JK I'm just going to read more from page 13 cuz that's where things get interesting
Show

I've got a wiki!
XnadrojX
XnadrojX
Goon
XnadrojX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:39 pm

Post by XnadrojX »

Skimmed through my opinions so far are still scum MTD

gigabyteTroubadour is Town.

Gamma and mykonian are town lean
Show

I've got a wiki!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:42 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 736, XnadrojX wrote:Skimmed through my opinions so far are still scum MTD

gigabyteTroubadour is Town.

Gamma and mykonian are town lean
Thought on Josh and Maria? They've been pushing a dichotomy of me and mykonian.
<Embrace The Void>

XnadrojX
XnadrojX
Goon
XnadrojX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:14 pm

Post by XnadrojX »

Josh is meh.

idk Maria either.

I'm kinda bad at reading and stuff
Show

I've got a wiki!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:23 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

You think both me and mykonian are town and yet haven't formed much of an opinion of the people pushing us specifically?
<Embrace The Void>

MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:29 pm

Post by MariaR »

Ssbn or gamma lynch let's go
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
XnadrojX
XnadrojX
Goon
XnadrojX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:44 pm

Post by XnadrojX »

To me people pushing my TRs shouldn't affect how I read them. It's more of the "motives" than "what they do" to me
Show

I've got a wiki!
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:45 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 741, XnadrojX wrote:To me people pushing my TRs shouldn't affect how I read them. It's more of the "motives" than "what they do" to me
^^^^^^^^^^
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:17 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

Yeah rereading the whole thread after work has only made me feel more confident in where my vote's at. I do like what myko said about nadroj: "He has it set up so no matter who we lynch he gets off scott free and that bothers me", but despite that I still think that Myko or Gamma flips are the most valuable right now. When I reread the first few pages of the game (specifically the discussion between RK, MTD, and Myko revolving around my post) it looked more like it was Myko trying to manipulate than anything else. Recent talks between Gerry and Maria have been useful for sorting them both.

I've noticed the few people that do out thoughts on me (besides RK) have me in the gray, or even the black but seemingly without reason. I will say that since I haven't checked in in a while and I don't want anyone to misunderstand this, my rereading drastically changed my opinion on RK. I
actually
understand what she was talking about back in 91 about the lexical differences now that I'm not reading it being dead tired. Back then I only sort of felt like I followed.

Also Joshz, is there anything besides the way EP starts, but doesn't participate in discussion that is bothering you about him? I see plenty of direct interaction between him and several players, considering the relatively few posts he's had.
XnadrojX
XnadrojX
Goon
XnadrojX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:08 pm

Post by XnadrojX »

In post 743, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:He has it set up so no matter who we lynch he gets off scott free and that bothers me
I don't even know what I did. I kinda suck at Mafia(working on improving rn) so uhhh I'm not meaning to lurk or anything. Just trying not to fluff too much.
Show

I've got a wiki!
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:19 pm

Post by Transcend »

Question:

Why is mykonian wagon dissipating
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:18 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

Josh likes EP for scum I guess. Looks like a stretch,
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:36 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 729, Errantparabola wrote:I'm still a relatively new player by a lot of people's standards.
you have some 25 games under your belt, you'll do ;)
In post 743, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:I still think that Myko or Gamma flips are the most valuable right now.
Fuck that mate. You lynch to get scum. Not because you just like to lynch. Bring better arguments.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:37 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 740, MariaR wrote:Ssbn or gamma lynch let's go
Still don't think I've seen a reason why you'd ignore Jordan here. You seem to be avoiding him.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:38 am

Post by Joshz »

In post 745, Transcend wrote:Question:

Why is mykonian wagon dissipating
I'll come back if it's still the leading wagon before the end of the day

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”