Title Fairy: Killer App Edition (Swipe Right!)

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2156 (isolation #0) » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:48 am

Post by Something_Smart »

Nominate Aristophanes for
Love the Scummer, Hate the Scum
(or Hate the Scum, Love the Scummer)

I'm going to be honest in that I don't think this is the best possible title for Aristophanes but it's the best idea I've had so far and I definitely think Aristophanes deserves a title.

I saw the whole "Aggressively Loving" debate, and while I agree that he has a unique personality that deserves to be recognized, I also don't think that title covers it all, because in my experience it's more than just loving.
Obviously, the title is a play on the expression, "Love the sinner, hate the sin." It reflects the idea that while people might do bad things, they aren't bad people, which is in and of itself reflective of Aristophanes's optimism. But more particularly, it's a reference to how he's like in games. It seems to me that he's there to play the game but also to be friendly with other members of the community, two goals which sometimes conflict-- when you want to cooperate and be friendly with someone but at the same time you're accusing them, hence the dichotomy of the title.

Aristophanes's unique personality is hard to put into words as it's more of a feeling, and that's probably why there haven't been many good suggestions for him. If anybody can think of a better and/or more elegant title that plays on the same themes, I'd gladly support that as well.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2403 (isolation #1) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:58 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas regarding my suggestion? I feel like it kinda got lost in all the other stuff going on. (Or maybe I'm just not cool enough to get any attention in this thread. :( )
In post 2156, Something_Smart wrote:Nominate Aristophanes for
Love the Scummer, Hate the Scum
(or Hate the Scum, Love the Scummer)

I'm going to be honest in that I don't think this is the best possible title for Aristophanes but it's the best idea I've had so far and I definitely think Aristophanes deserves a title.

I saw the whole "Aggressively Loving" debate, and while I agree that he has a unique personality that deserves to be recognized, I also don't think that title covers it all, because in my experience it's more than just loving.
Obviously, the title is a play on the expression, "Love the sinner, hate the sin." It reflects the idea that while people might do bad things, they aren't bad people, which is in and of itself reflective of Aristophanes's optimism. But more particularly, it's a reference to how he's like in games. It seems to me that he's there to play the game but also to be friendly with other members of the community, two goals which sometimes conflict-- when you want to cooperate and be friendly with someone but at the same time you're accusing them, hence the dichotomy of the title.

Aristophanes's unique personality is hard to put into words as it's more of a feeling, and that's probably why there haven't been many good suggestions for him. If anybody can think of a better and/or more elegant title that plays on the same themes, I'd gladly support that as well.

Return to “Player Titles”