.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2776 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:54 am

Post by PenguinPower »

He hasn't been hammered. Shadow was already voting Dier.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2777 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:59 am

Post by Grendel »

In post 2775, nn30 wrote:
In post 2764, Shadow_step wrote:VOTE: DF

Fuck it
Shadow you dirty dog.

Goddamnit lol.

I'm so gullible.

@Boring - thanks... lol.
Ah, okay.

it makes sense now. I thought that was pretty out of the blue at first.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2778 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:03 am

Post by Grendel »

General question.

Would who you lynch next according to what Dier had flipped?

Like if he flipped mafia then x would be the next to go,

or if he flipped town then y would be the next to go.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2779 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:25 am

Post by Grendel »

I'll answer my own question at 2778 when I finish reading through Prism. Ideally today.
In post 2746, Zoronos wrote:Hi we're murdering Dierfire or Grendel.
Preferably Grendel.
Your probably going to hove to do more then this to lynch me btw.

Flex dem' muscles Zoro.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2780 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:34 am

Post by boring »

My intent to hammer stands. I can't stop anyone else from hammering sooner, but I can't think of any good reason for not letting people sort out their affairs.

In post 2778, Grendel wrote:General question.

Would who you lynch next according to what Dier had flipped?

Like if he flipped mafia then x would be the next to go,

or if he flipped town then y would be the next to go.
Dier's played very carefully, and has no obvious associations. It's one of the reasons I think he's a likely scum. LUV was the closest association thus far, and will be irrelevant after the flip. I don't think his flip will point anywhere in particular, which will leave us in the same position tomorrow as far as the scum-hunt goes.

That's why I hope PP can get us a clear from among the potential mislynches. If it's a guilty, all the better, but one more clear will guarantee that a conf!town is present in LYLO, which will be vital. I think it's wasted on Zoro.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2781 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:47 am

Post by podoboq »

Official Vote Count 3.22
LynchingWith 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to lynch.

Dierfire
(4): Grendel, Shadow_step, nn30, PenguinPower
Grendel
(3): Zoronos, Dierfire, Prism
boring
(1): implosion
Shadow_step
(1): boring

Not Voting
(0):

Deadline
: (expired on 2016-11-14 13:30:00)
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2782 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:05 pm

Post by implosion »

At work but.

Do not hammer *anyone* until Zoronos has a chance to give a jailkeep target in the event that we get a scum flip.

If we get a townflip, Zoronos should not necessarily follow that target, but if we get a scumflip he should so that we can have an additional pseudoclear if he dies.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2783 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:09 pm

Post by implosion »

If we do get a scumflip Penguin should investigate someone other than Zoronos' target. I don't think it matters if they target the same person if we get a townflip (the only case where it could matter i think is if zoronos blocks the killing scum and in that case we basically win anyway).
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2784 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:38 pm

Post by nn30 »

@Implosion - so you're saying Zoro would say this:

In case of scum flip - I'll jail xxx

In case of town flip - I'll keep you guessing because WIFOM and not wanting to tip off scum.

Correct?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2785 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:56 pm

Post by implosion »

Yep.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2786 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:43 pm

Post by nn30 »

@Boring - please wait for Dier to come back and say something before hammering. I'm sure you already intended on that, but yeah.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2787 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:13 pm

Post by boring »

Yeah, no. I want to hear any last arguments from Dierfire, as well as confirmation that Zoronos and Penguin are ready before I hammer. We have time.
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2788 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:00 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

If DF flips red investigate one of boring/prism

If green one of boring/prism or nn/Grendel
Show
The shadows betray you, because they serve me.

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2789 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:03 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

Zoronos should consider protecting PP as an option. Cause if we can keep blocking the scum kill, we get more lynches.
Show

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2790 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:15 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 2766, nn30 wrote:
In post 2753, Shadow_step wrote:
In post 2734, Shadow_step wrote:
In post 2731, boring wrote:
In post 2729, Shadow_step wrote:I've responded to the first part which you never replied to.

If I'm an ascetic RB, this setup is ridiculously scum sided, so that whole argument is balls.

Next
What are you even talking about? The first part includes responses.
Why do you really think
If I'm an ascetic RB, this setup is ridiculously scum sided
is relevant to anything I've said? I don't think you're necessarily ascetic or RB. I just think you're scum.
I can't even be ascetic mafia goon, too scumsided.
So let me get this straight. You're case against me is that I CCed Eager a useless role at night(according to threat to mafia) by a role I didn't have ?
So apparently I can get fucked any night if someone bothers to check me.

Yeah okay. Brilliant case. You want a scummy?
Just say "yes this is my case" for my sanity.

Anyone scum reading me should consider this.
It's impossible for me to be mafia ascetic anything because of the minimal amount of power town has and ascetic can counter both.
We have 1) a cop 2) probably a deputy and 3) probably a jailer and 4) an ascetic.

We could have a mafia ascetic something in this game. Just means mafia power is concentrated on one member. Not impossible.

Plus, if you're mafia, there's no guarantee you're ascetic. You cc'ing Eager could have been a gambit where you lied as easily as one where you have a mafia PR.

Even your speculation of what could and couldn't be in this game is overly confident.
They won't give a mafia member a role which can counter all the PRs town have. It's too OP.

You can ask your favorite Implosion.

There should be no doubt over Zoro being conf town either. There is no way town only have a deputy and a cop as PRs.
Show

nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2791 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:20 pm

Post by nn30 »

With the setup spec conversation, I'm basically stuck taking everyone's word for it. I didn't even know what to expect from this game as it's my first normal. I am wary because of this, especially when the loudest contributor is you Shadow.
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2792 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:28 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

Zoronos doesn't need to claim his target, cause even if he is hitting scum, assuming DF flips town. The other mafia will do the kill. PP needs to say his target so that Zoro and him don't end up targeting the same pjayer.
Show

Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2793 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:44 pm

Post by Dierfire »

I'm aware that there are questions outstanding that I haven't answered, but I'm pressed for time so I will be giving only a short update tonight.

I'm not flipping Mafia, so while strictly speaking Zoronos
should
be announcing a target in the event that I flip Mafia, Shadow_step is correct that this will not be the case and in practice Zoronos will be working on the fly.

It was also a collective mistake to bring me to L-1, as if I were Mafia I would have been given the option to cut off discussion while Zoronos was away.

Of players on my wagon, I am most suspicious of Grendel and least suspicious of Shadow_step. It is in character for Shadow_step, as Town, to flip on me as he has recently, and I still think that the claim dynamics indicate Town alignment.

Therefore, my recommendations in the event of my death are to lynch Grendel and boring as first priority, with additional consideration to nn30 if the game is not won. Only in extreme cases would I consider Prism or Shadow_step candidates for the lynch.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2794 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:50 pm

Post by nn30 »

@Implosion - In your experience, how often do scum play the 'here's what I think you should do when I flip town' card.

I know we don't have stats or anything, but is it common? Grendel basically did the same thing too.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2795 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:57 pm

Post by nn30 »

@Dier - can you qualify your suspicion of Grendel, please? I know you don't have time tonight but at some point I'd like to hear your version.
Zoronos
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2796 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:57 pm

Post by Zoronos »

Just got done driving a relatively long drive.

'Flips Red' is actually not the primary thing to be tracking. It's flips Red *and strongman / roleblocker / other jail avoider*.
If a scum goon flips, we have to assume the remaining scum has an available mechanism to dodge jails (because they went to the dome on Gamma as opposed to killing me first). Ergo, the clear could easily be a false-clear if it's an unlimited (or 2-shot) Strongman or a roleblocker that can both block and kill. We have to know that the scum's ability to defeat the offensive jail is offline before we make use of the jail as a cop clear.

tl;dr stop being bad.

I'll ponder my appropriate contingencies in a bit.
I still believe that Grendel is by far the best lynch today.
<have some more posts I want to respond to, please wait before lolhammering>
Zoronos
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2797 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:58 pm

Post by Zoronos »

In post 2794, nn30 wrote:@Implosion - In your experience, how often do scum play the 'here's what I think you should do when I flip town' card.
Slightly less frequently than town, but not by a statistically significant margin. It is not a tell either way.
Zoronos
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2798 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:01 pm

Post by Zoronos »

In post 2769, nn30 wrote:
Confirming what we think we know would be a good start. So, Zoronos would be a good idea - though you're risking scum killing Zoro and you getting nothing useful here.

Same logic goes for shadow - though if he is ascetic, we still won't know his alignment. In a world where I could guarantee my investigation working, I'd go for Zoro over Shadow since it's more likely to turn up something useful.
I want to call these really bad suggestions and suggest that my town read on NN wavered slightly for it. But that might be overreaction on my part because I'm tired and grumpy from driving 9 hours.
Both of these feel like "Target useless people!" but I can see a reason to target Shadow (test the ascetic claim) and me (paranoia. We used to refer to it as 'Zoronoia' on my old forum, given how often it happened). So maybe I'm being a little overly harsh.
Noting for future reference.
Zoronos
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2799 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:06 pm

Post by Zoronos »

In post 2757, boring wrote:As I've said before, I'm willing to vote Dierfire if we can't lynch Shadow today. If you're willing to vote Dierfire too, then I guess we'll have our five.
I would much rather lynch Grendel.
Dierfire feels much more of a PoE lynch to me. Grendel I have actual scum vibes from.

I've mentally broken it down thusly:
Grendel - actively scummy. Used NAI information repeatedly to build his cases, persisted bad cases even when warned off them, associatives with LUV look like partner-play (see: asking questions without concern for followup, largely ignoring him), vote position seems to more likely than not indicate a bus as does his certainty that LUV's doctor claim was fake.
NN30 - Had a lean town on him since D1. A bit... off kilter in terms of play skill, but seems to be trying to sort. Some of his posting has been O.o but a lot of that could be 'new and enthusiastic' rather than scum. I am not liable to go this way without significant convincing.
Boring - I maintain that her persistence on LUV on D2 over easier targets, especially once she decided to go from scum reading me to trying to work with me, even given my antagonistic stance throughout late D1 / all of D2, suggests town. Not liable to lynch.
Dierfire - Not much of a read at all. But the only person left in the bucket so "shoulder shrug I guess", which is not a great case for lynching someone in my mind. I want to be enthusiastic about going for the shoulder shrug lynch; I don't like it. But it's where we are and I'm not about to vote a town read. So.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”