PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:41 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Vote Count 1.04

Macaroni Penguins' most dangerous weapon is the elbow. Watch out.

Gamma Emerald
(2): MTD, ssbm_Kyouko
mykonian
(2): Gamma Emerald, Road Kamelot
Road Kamelot
(2): mykonian, Errantparabola
ssbm_Kyouko
(2): kraska77, MariaR

Not Voting
: Kane, Rem, Joshz, XnadrojX, gerryoat

With 13 alive, it's 7 to lynch.
Deadline
: (expired on 2016-11-22 17:06:00)
MTD
MTD
Mafia Scum
MTD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:42 pm

Post by MTD »

Ok my biggest problem with that post is that he
implies
gamma to be town.
And then says everyone is null.
VOTE: ssbm
still the same old MTD
Road Kamelot
Road Kamelot
Goon
Road Kamelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:50 pm

Post by Road Kamelot »

In post 69, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 43, Road Kamelot wrote:Lol are u bein srs because jumping on a small wagon on someone who called an innocent post of yours scummy is exactly what town should do on page fuckin 2 :P
If someone is town and they get called scummy for a NAI post I feel like it's in bad form to just jump on a wagon forming against the player that called you out. It looks defensive to me. It's natural to be defensive though so maybe he's just behaving normally.

That being said, it's my understanding that wagons need to form to get people talking and it can only be a good thing that they're getting going. Everyone seems null still
But its cool to join a wagon on a player because of an NAI post
You joined the Gamma wagon but didnt agree with the case??? lol

VOTE: ssbm_Kyouko
Reflect on yourself in the heat of passion to reveal what the cold eye of logic sees not.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:56 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

I joined the gamma wagon because a wagon has to form to move the game somewhere. I'm being misstepped right now. Will explain once I'm off phone in a few minutes
Road Kamelot
Road Kamelot
Goon
Road Kamelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:58 pm

Post by Road Kamelot »

In post 78, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:I joined the gamma wagon because a wagon has to form to move the game somewhere. I'm being misstepped right now. Will explain once I'm off phone in a few minutes
So then why was it scummy for Gamma to join the mykonian wagon in your opinion
Thats building wagons
Reflect on yourself in the heat of passion to reveal what the cold eye of logic sees not.
MTD
MTD
Mafia Scum
MTD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:00 pm

Post by MTD »

He did not say it was, was it? He said it was bad form.
still the same old MTD
MTD
MTD
Mafia Scum
MTD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:01 pm

Post by MTD »

ah no nvm that, was thinking of the wrong thing
still the same old MTD
MTD
MTD
Mafia Scum
MTD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:02 pm

Post by MTD »

Sigh, disregard #81, #80 was right. I am too tired for this right now.
still the same old MTD
Road Kamelot
Road Kamelot
Goon
Road Kamelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:04 pm

Post by Road Kamelot »

In post 80, MTD wrote:He did not say it was, was it? He said it was bad form.
Whats the difference
Also i kinda wanna vote you for your both your gamma vote and this post whats up
MTD
MTD
Mafia Scum
MTD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:13 pm

Post by MTD »

bad form can mean bad town play which is not the same as scummy play.
still the same old MTD
Road Kamelot
Road Kamelot
Goon
Road Kamelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:14 pm

Post by Road Kamelot »

In post 84, MTD wrote:bad form can mean bad town play which is not the same as scummy play.
"can mean"
Why didnt you let Kyouko answer my question instead of answerin for em
MTD
MTD
Mafia Scum
MTD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:17 pm

Post by MTD »

because your question had the baseline that he said it was scummy which is bullshit.
still the same old MTD
Road Kamelot
Road Kamelot
Goon
Road Kamelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:23 pm

Post by Road Kamelot »

In post 86, MTD wrote:because your question had the baseline that he said it was scummy which is bullshit.
If it was bull Kyouko would have said my intepretation was wrong and we go from there
Instead u decide to attack my questioning of the player youre voting
MTD
MTD
Mafia Scum
MTD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:26 pm

Post by MTD »

I will think on it and come back to it tomorrow, that may have been a mistake on my part, yes.
I need sleep.
still the same old MTD
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:45 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 43, Road Kamelot wrote:Lol are u bein srs because jumping on a small wagon on someone who called an innocent post of yours scummy is exactly what town should do on page fuckin 2 :P
If someone is town and they get called scummy for a NAI post I feel like it's in bad form to just jump on a wagon forming against the player that called you out. It looks defensive to me. It's natural to be defensive though so maybe he's just behaving normally.

That being said, it's my understanding that wagons need to form to get people talking and it can only be a good thing that they're getting going. Everyone seems null still
In post 76, MTD wrote:Ok my biggest problem with that post is that he
implies
gamma to be town.
And then says everyone is null.
I never implied Gamma was town in that post. I specified that
if
Gamma were town, that it would be in bad form to do what he did. I think it would be reasonable to think that Gamma is either scummy for for being overly defensive or towny for trying to get wagons (and therefore discussions) forming. This is why I clarified at the end of my post that everyone still feels null to me.
In post 77, Road Kamelot wrote:

But its cool to join a wagon on a player because of an NAI post
You joined the Gamma wagon but didnt agree with the case??? lol

VOTE: ssbm_Kyouko
As I explained above, players need to join wagons to get discussion going. The discussion we are having now is helpful to the town. Players can see how we interact with one another, and see how other players choose to interpret the words they read. I believe scumslips are when scum interpret things differently than town do, and these discussions lead to town being able to form reads on other players based on how they think.
In post 78, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:I joined the gamma wagon because a wagon has to form to move the game somewhere. I'm being misstepped right now. Will explain once I'm off phone in a few minutes
EBWOP: misrepped* (misrepresented) First MTD, then RK misrepresented my posts. MTD realized that he made a mistake interpreting my post but even after the mistake was pointed out, RK pushed at it instead of accepting that she may have made a mistake.
In post 79, Road Kamelot wrote:
So then why was it scummy for Gamma to join the mykonian wagon in your opinion
Thats building wagons
I never said that it was scummy for Gamma to join the myko wagon, but I think someone else said almost those exact words, so this is a somewhat excusable interpretation.
In post 87, Road Kamelot wrote:
In post 86, MTD wrote:because your question had the baseline that he said it was scummy which is bullshit.
If it was bull Kyouko would have said my intepretation was wrong and we go from there
Instead u decide to attack my questioning of the player youre voting
MTD hit the nail on the head. He spotted that you were implying that I had said things that I did not say. You also dug yourself deeper and deeper into misrepresenting me when I had clearly posted above that I would explain when I got home off the phone soon.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: RoadKamelot
Road Kamelot
Road Kamelot
Goon
Road Kamelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:59 pm

Post by Road Kamelot »

???????
I asked a question and you hadnt answered yet
Also MTDs last post was that he mightve been wrong and was going to bed

wasnt me saying my interpretation would have been refuted by you ALREADY if it were bull
i was saying that once you got back and could answer you would have told me if that was what you meant or not, but that interaction couldnt rly happen bc MTD decided to answer for you and render the point moot
Road Kamelot
Road Kamelot
Goon
Road Kamelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:04 pm

Post by Road Kamelot »

VOTE: MTD
Youre probs town w that miscommunication/misuse of the term misrepresentation
Bc for one scum dont normally misrep that a player said something that is easily proved false by a quick quote and expect to build a wagon off of that blatant lie
More often is misinterpretation + wanting a dialogue, the latter of which i got, from you and MTD
Do you see the value is pressing for info?
And do you see the contradiction in MTD scumreading you but being more concerned with a lexical difference
Road Kamelot
Road Kamelot
Goon
Road Kamelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:05 pm

Post by Road Kamelot »

*lexical difference in my question to you
Road Kamelot
Road Kamelot
Goon
Road Kamelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:16 pm

Post by Road Kamelot »

In post 91, Road Kamelot wrote:VOTE: MTD
Youre probs town w that miscommunication/misuse of the term misrepresentation

You should think about the fact that
for one scum dont normally misrep that a player said something that is easily proved false by a quick quote and expect to build a wagon off of that blatant lie
More often is misinterpretation + wanting a dialogue, the latter of which i got, from you and MTD
Do you see the value is pressing for info?
And do you see the contradiction in MTD scumreading you but being more concerned with a lexical difference
EBWOP the original version doesnt read how i meant
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:24 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

It still looks to me like MTD picked up on his own that he initially misread the post and dropped it. I don't like that you used what I felt were scum tactics to reaction test me and then later claim that it's okay to use such tactics because they need to be used to get info (a reaction). I think he defended me because he thought that it should have been clear upon closer investigation that my was not what people had been seeing it as.

I'm not sure where the question that has the lexical difference of yours to me is located. If I knew which question I may be able to see the contradiction, but this is only my second game of forum mafia so I may have missed it.
Road Kamelot
Road Kamelot
Goon
Road Kamelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:31 pm

Post by Road Kamelot »

In post 94, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:It still looks to me like MTD picked up on his own that he initially misread the post and dropped it. I don't like that you used what I felt were scum tactics to reaction test me and then later claim that it's okay to use such tactics because they need to be used to get info (a reaction).
I think he defended me because he thought that it should have been clear upon closer investigation that my was not what people had been seeing it as.

I'm not sure where the question that has the lexical difference of yours to me is located. If I knew which question I may be able to see the contradiction, but this is only my second game of forum mafia so I may have missed it.
Not a reaction test, I was pushing you bc i saw scum motive
I only unvoted bc your reaction was obvtown

Check bolded: MTD didnt unvote you at any point or say you were town, so why did he defend you here? My guess is he knew you were town
the lexical difference refers to how i read bad form as a way of calling gamma scummy and asked abt it
MTD then tried to clarify
I said i didnt see the difference and MTD clarified, but this time called my question bullshit
Then when i pressed further he said he might he wrong and would reevaluate

Lexical difference meaning i read bad form as a negative ie scummy identifier and while i see how it could be construed differently i dont like how MTD went abt it or the weird whiteknighting of a slot he is supposedly scumreading and voting

Does that make sense
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:45 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

its radio silence from me until this election is called.
and, uh, probably a bit longer after that-- i need time to grieve
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:46 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

That explanation makes sense but I don't remember him scumreading me for anything except maybe my 69, which, again, he realized he misinterpreted my 69 as a scummy post. I don't think it's weird that he didn't unvote me though, since it's early in the game and there's not much reason to vote for anyone yet. What if he reconsiders and decides in the morning that he didn't read my post wrong and I am scum? It looks weird to flip on and off like that. I should still be the most suspicious to him, imo.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:50 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

To clarify, it would look a lot scummier to me if I was sitting on L-2 or something and he just let his vote sit overnight while he wasn't sure of me. I'm not threatened enough for him to need to be very suspicious of me to leave his vote on me. For example, I wouldn't be voting overnight for you, RK, if you already had several votes on you that I felt were unjustified. I don't think you should be lynched, but you're who I'm most suspicious of right now.

I understand if you see this differently than me. I have unusual viewpoints already and I'm also still learning.
MTD
MTD
Mafia Scum
MTD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:30 pm

Post by MTD »

Sigh.

First: I do think ssbm is scum. My reasons do seem to differ from yours, which is probably why i didnt really remember to let you follow up your case.
Basically my reaction was "This is bullshit, he never said that, this isnt gonna lead anywhere", but i do see that it would have still lead to some reactions at least.
So yes, that was indeed a mistake from me.

What's also bullshit though is to call that whiteknighting. I was not defending him, i was trying to get you to ask better questions.

Now back to ssbm.
What you initially did was saying there needed to be wagons, which is good and all, but then followed it up with "everyone is null", essentially doing the opposite of getting wagons going.
Having wagons without cases or at least scumreads, leads nowhere, and that seems to be what you are pushing for.
In post 89, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
As I explained above, players need to join wagons to get discussion going. The discussion we are having now is helpful to the town. Players can see how we interact with one another, and see how other players choose to interpret the words they read. I believe scumslips are when scum interpret things differently than town do, and these discussions lead to town being able to form reads on other players based on how they think.
Yes, the discussion we are having is helpful. No, that has nothing to do with simply joining wagons, these came about because someone actually had a scumread on you which they pushed.

What you did was saying "discussion is good" and then doing nothing that might help actually getting discussion going except when you had no other choice.

I still do think your 69 was you implying that gamma is town and then trying to backpedal, but yea, i guess you can find different explanations there.
No idea where you got the idea from that i thought i had misunderstood your post.
still the same old MTD

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”