podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2625 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:33 am

Post by podoboq »

Official Vote Count 3.16
LynchingWith 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to lynch.

Grendel
(3): Zoronos, Dierfire, Prism
boring
(2): implosion, PenguinPower
PenguinPower
(1): Grendel
nn30
(1): Shadow_step

Not Voting
(2): nn30, boring

V/LA
: Zoronos

Deadline
: (expired on 2016-11-14 13:30:00)
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2626 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:38 am

Post by nn30 »

In post 2624, boring wrote:What are the chances that Penguin is lying about being Deputy?
Dunno. It could happen from scum for sure.

I'm of the belief that LUV v. Penguin interactions didn't feel like partner v. partner. So, I'm inclined to believe him.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2627 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:44 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 2624, boring wrote:Okay, I just skimmed to catch up with the claims.

What are the chances that Penguin is lying about being Deputy?

In the meantime,

UNVOTE:
Meh...scum.

I breadcrumbed it right after implosion - albeit on D2 so not as effective as D1 - brought up breadcrumbing, and before we even talked about massclaiming.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2628 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:02 am

Post by nn30 »

Breadcrumbing that you're the deputy, you mean?

Please point to these bread crumbs.

If you're breadcrumbs referred to something else, please correct me and then point to them.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2629 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:06 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

I will after we finish the massclaim. For now, feel free to search amongst my D2 posts.
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2630 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:20 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

Told y'all Penguin is town. </gloat>
Show
The shadows betray you, because they serve me.

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2631 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:40 pm

Post by implosion »

Phone posting to say that I cannot believe that only now after Grendel's post did I realize that prisms avatar is ephraim... shame. And also I'm a vt.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2632 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:41 pm

Post by implosion »

(Shame on me that is)
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2633 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:44 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 2631, implosion wrote:Phone posting to say that I cannot believe that only now after Grendel's post did I realize that prisms avatar is ephraim... shame. And also I'm a vt.
I thought you did have info which is why you wanted an MC :/
Show

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2634 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:46 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 2626, nn30 wrote:
In post 2624, boring wrote:What are the chances that Penguin is lying about being Deputy?

I'm of the belief that LUV v. Penguin interactions didn't feel like partner v. partner. So, I'm inclined to believe him.
Why would scum claim deputy exactly?
Show

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2635 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:47 pm

Post by implosion »

I explained why to mc . This is fine; essentially we have two chances to lynch scum before zoronos dies probably. More after work.
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2636 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:51 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 2619, Dierfire wrote:I am also VT.
Out of all the claims, I found this the scummiest.
Like he believes all the people that claimed to be VT before him. Hence the "also".
Show

nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2637 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:57 pm

Post by nn30 »

In post 2634, Shadow_step wrote:
In post 2626, nn30 wrote:

Why would scum claim deputy exactly?
1) Scum would claim anything, really. Apparently, as long as it isn't CC'd people are likely to buy it.

2) Deputy means that they get to pretend to have knowledge tomorrow. Depending on how they play it, they can town clear until it gets into later days. Or they can use their 'knowledge' to bus a partner, become conf town as a result, and ride into lylo on the goodwill. Or they can claim a scum result on a townie which would result in either a 1 for 1 trade (themselves for the towny) or they could wiggle out of it by saying 'welp, I guess I'm a cop that gives reverse results and didn't know it.' Or something to that effect.

Seems like a smart move from scum tbh. Lots of strategic room to maneuver.

I'll reiterate though - I believe penguin at the moment.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2638 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:59 pm

Post by nn30 »

In post 2636, Shadow_step wrote:
In post 2619, Dierfire wrote:I am also VT.
Out of all the claims, I found this the scummiest.
Like he believes all the people that claimed to be VT before him. Hence the "also".
I posted a while back that I had a bit of a scum read on him as well as why - you might be onto something here.

Does it feel funny to you that I scum read Dierfire as well, given your feelings on me?

Whatever the result of this discussion is, I still think today should be a Grendel lynch.
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2639 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:06 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

I'd prefer boring right now.
She tries to throw shade on PP without committing to a stance. Asks for town consensus about PP claim.
Show

nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2640 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:09 pm

Post by nn30 »

Go back and reread Boring v. LUV. ISO them and see what you find. If you can refute what I found, please try.

Here's what I found:

LUV soft defends Boring way more times than I'd expect scum to defend one another. Don't scum avoid doing just that intentionally?

At the end of D1, Boring says 'regardless of Eager's flip, I still find LUV scummy.' Then she pushed him during D2.

This means that a scum!Boring planned to bus Boring from D1. I find this unlikely.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2641 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:18 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 2628, nn30 wrote:Breadcrumbing that you're the deputy, you mean?

If you're breadcrumbs referred to something else, please correct me and then point to them.
First letter of the second word in each sentence:

Spoiler: Breadcrumb
In post 2146, PenguinPower wrote:I'm
d
efinitely considering LUV as scummier than Zoronos out of this interaction. I'm
e
specially hesitant about voting for any PR claims at this point, so I'm willing to look off the wagon. I
p
ossibly would vote Boring and nn30 based on the VCA, D1, and recent interactions. I'm
u
nwilling to vote Gamma, Implosion, or Shadow considering I believe Gamma's and Shadow's claims. So,
t
hat leaves Dierfire and Prism...haven't really looked into them so I'd have to re-read. So,
y
ep, I'm going to go ahead and

UNVOTE:

While I re-read Dierfire and Prism.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2642 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:22 pm

Post by nn30 »

In post 2641, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 2628, nn30 wrote:Breadcrumbing that you're the deputy, you mean?

First letter of the second word in each sentence:

Spoiler: Breadcrumb
In post 2146, PenguinPower wrote:I'm
d
efinitely considering LUV as scummier than Zoronos out of this interaction. I'm
e
specially hesitant about voting for any PR claims at this point, so I'm willing to look off the wagon. I
p
ossibly would vote Boring and nn30 based on the VCA, D1, and recent interactions. I'm
u
nwilling to vote Gamma, Implosion, or Shadow considering I believe Gamma's and Shadow's claims. So,
t
hat leaves Dierfire and Prism...haven't really looked into them so I'd have to re-read. So,
y
ep, I'm going to go ahead and

UNVOTE:

While I re-read Dierfire and Prism.
I'll take your word that you breadcrumbed before a mass claim was discussed but I'll definitely double check alter.

Let me guess at your intentions - in later days you wanted to be able to point back to the breadcrumb as evidence that we should trust you?
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2643 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:23 pm

Post by nn30 »

@PP - Also, holy hell I'm glad you didn't leave me digging for breadcrumbs for too long. I would never have found that.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2644 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:02 pm

Post by boring »

In post 2639, Shadow_step wrote:I'd prefer boring right now.
She tries to throw shade on PP without committing to a stance. Asks for town consensus about PP claim.
I saw his claim and unvoted because that what you're supposed to do when people claim. Am I supposed to welcome into the town fold with open arms after the fake doc claim yesterday? He's been scummy all game, just like LUV.

Anyway, it looks like you're throwing shade at me without committing to a stance because you know you're next in my scum-line, and you might as well get ready for an OMGUS. You follow it up by throwing shade at the guy who comes right after you in my read list. Not very subtle.

PP, you didn't actually expect anyone to pick up on that "breadcrumb", did you? By the way, did you spend the whole game with the knowledge that you were Deputy, or were you informed when Gamma was killed?
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2645 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:20 pm

Post by boring »

In post 2572, Prism wrote:
In post 2575, boring wrote:nn30 worries me a tiny bit, independently. You're next because you've got nothing particularly scummy going on, and you've banked a few towny moves.
The reasoning behind these isn't readily obvious to me. Can you explain them more?
You have been off in your own world with your cases and reads, which I think indicates a town motivation. Not only that, but you are clearly shooting in the dark, which also indicates town. I know I'm projecting somewhat, but I think you'd be swim more toward the middle if you were scum.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2646 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:23 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 2643, nn30 wrote:@PP - Also, holy hell I'm glad you didn't leave me digging for breadcrumbs for too long. I would never have found that.
I didn't want anyone to find it. I wanted to use that as "proof" later on so that my investigations would be believed. Now we mass claimed, so may as well point to it.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2647 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:23 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 2644, boring wrote:PP, you didn't actually expect anyone to pick up on that "breadcrumb", did you? By the way, did you spend the whole game with the knowledge that you were Deputy, or were you informed when Gamma was killed?
I've known the whole game. It's why I said that I "fully believe" Gamma's claim when he claimed.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2648 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:37 pm

Post by boring »

In post 2579, Shadow_step wrote:@boring #2571

How does believing a claim make me scum? what is your argument here? I don't get it at all.
I'll try to explain in more detail.

It's not the fact that you believed his claim that is fishy to me. It's that you stated intent to hammer because, and I quote,
In post 2085, Shadow_step wrote:I want to lock LUV into a claim, I think he is also scum.
If that was your thinking, your purpose, then why would you take it entirely at face value? It makes the whole thing seem staged, like "okay little buddy, time for you to claim now"...

The next quote I mentioned, aside from indicating your belief, added what looked like a slip.
In post 2092, Shadow_step wrote:Brilliant, all the lynch baits got all the good PRs :/
Because again, why is this a thing worthy of " :/ "? If all the "lynch baits" can be established as conf. town, that's good news. That is, unless your "scum hunt" is just a hunt for easy mislynches.

p-edit: I'll look through your interactions with Gamma around the claim, and see if it looks congruent with the deputy claim. Were you offered a read last night, since Gamma died, or is it supposed to start tonight?
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2649 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:55 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Concerned?