Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4225 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:52 pm

Post by DiamondSentinel »

pagetop
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4226 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:52 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

like no way Math's tunneling would cost us a lynch.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4227 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:52 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4220, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 4210, MathBlade wrote:Saying a player is a gunsmith but then having that role not work as per the wiki to me falls under moderator information that cannot be anticipated.
Weak/restricted roles are pretty much casual based on the wiki itself.

This is totally anticipate-able in the same manner a godfather is anticipate-able - maybe even in a more accurate way. The game has a decent flavor involved.

The game has kill flavors and the roles might work accordingly. That's the game theme and its what you signed up for. Its not role madness nor bastard by any definitions.
Respectfully I disagree and I will leave MS after this game or only play games that follow the wiki. That is the mod ruling let's move on.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4228 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:56 pm

I can't say I'm going to argue with that.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4229 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:57 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 4079, RachMarie wrote:Also as far as fake claiming PGO, IIRC in Mastin's game A50 fake claimed PGO and turned out to be town and helped us win the game in the end, though some of his early reads were really kinda funky.
There's also a bit of a difference between a50 fakeclaiming PGO and Kraska claiming.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4230 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:59 pm

No wait, that's now what you wanted.
Enter Scene: MathBlade has just revealed that he plans on leaving MafiaScum due to some issues with mods and their choices to DiamondSentinel.

"But baby. I thought we had something special." he says.

"Maybe once upon a time, but not anymore. I just can't take it anymore. All of this... non-conformity!" Mathblade retorts.

"But... But I love you!"

"I don't love you. You are too attached to the chaos inherent in this system."

"But the chaos is what makes this life fun. Who ever had fun with boring ol' order all the time!"

"I did. And that's why this just isn't going to work" Mathblade says, as they leave for the door.

DiamondSentinel dives towards his feet. "But please! I can't live without you MathBlade!"

"You'll have to find a way."

"You're tearing me apart, MathBlade!"

Close Scene
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4231 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:59 pm

That's not what you wanted*
“Why was I chosen?'
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #4232 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:02 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 4227, MathBlade wrote:Respectfully I disagree and I will leave MS after this game or only play games that follow the wiki. That is the mod ruling let's move on.
My game is following wiki in a complete reasonable manner.

And if you have a hard time you can always ask to replace out. No one will stop you.
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4233 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:04 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I have never replaced out of a game and I cannot in good faith ask anyone else to do so. I will just figure it out and if I have to ask more questions do so privately.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4234 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:04 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Well except my first game three years ago but that was Titus trying to get me acclimated when I wasn't ready for MS yet.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #4235 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:05 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I said 10 pages of useless right? Just wanna see how close i get
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #4236 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:05 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

So, it seems like what I missed waa Mathblade being told that they're wrong by the moderator, and then getting upset about it, yes?

Did they ever reevaluate based on the discovery that they were wrong, or did they just bitch about the fact that they were wrong?
GTK a me, currently live, this may be your only chance!
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78521&p=10688009#p10688009
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #4237 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:06 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Oh ceberus you know
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4238 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:07 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 3879, The Ascended Masters wrote:
In post 3845, Nero Cain wrote:"no one can explain why NOS is town thus its a good wagon"

-Nacho 2016
It's a point towards it being a good wagon, yes.
No one explicitly townreading means that Nos hasn't done anything that townies are willing to stand behind and go "yes, that looks town". They haven't been just flat not been here (which would actually be null), they keep posting in this game enough to not be prodded in a 48-hour window and what they've decided to do with their time is ask useless questions and drift. I'm sure your implicit rebuttal was something along the lines of "that means scum aren't calling their buddy town and so mislynch!" but scum don't stand by their useless lurkshit buddies as often as you think they do because it's a bad move to stick your neck out for someone who is going to die eventually.
You could say this about 99% of all the wagons here [on this site]. Its vague and all fitting.

Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #4239 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:09 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 4238, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 3879, The Ascended Masters wrote:
In post 3845, Nero Cain wrote:"no one can explain why NOS is town thus its a good wagon"

-Nacho 2016
It's a point towards it being a good wagon, yes.
No one explicitly townreading means that Nos hasn't done anything that townies are willing to stand behind and go "yes, that looks town". They haven't been just flat not been here (which would actually be null), they keep posting in this game enough to not be prodded in a 48-hour window and what they've decided to do with their time is ask useless questions and drift. I'm sure your implicit rebuttal was something along the lines of "that means scum aren't calling their buddy town and so mislynch!" but scum don't stand by their useless lurkshit buddies as often as you think they do because it's a bad move to stick your neck out for someone who is going to die eventually.
You could say this about 99% of all the wagons here [on this site]. Its vague and all fitting.
Thats true, but the statement is perfectly in line with the game plan he laid out in his second post. I value the consistency.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4240 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:10 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4236, Cerberus v666 wrote:So, it seems like what I missed waa Mathblade being told that they're wrong by the moderator, and then getting upset about it, yes?

Did they ever reevaluate based on the discovery that they were wrong, or did they just bitch about the fact that they were wrong?
Yes I have completely reread 170 pages in two minutes while balling my eyes out that somehow I have missed a social convention everyone else understands but me caused me to death tunnel Kraska and pretty much make the game unfun for Kraska which I try to avoid for anyone playing while pissed off having my period for more than a goddamn month wanting to break my phone and throw it across the wall.

Why yes I have managed to completely change face and worship the almighty Cerb.

This entire post is sarcasm.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4241 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:10 pm

Post by Killthestory »

MAGENTA WOLF JUST WANTS TO BE FRIENDS WITH EVERYONE
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #4242 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:11 pm

Post by RachMarie »

I give up, I will work on other town reads, and see if we can come up with a consensus and get a lynch before deadline.

I have wasted too much time and energy on this, instead of reading through the ISOs like I had planned.
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4243 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:11 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 4241, Killthestory wrote:MAGENTA WOLF JUST WANTS TO BE FRIENDS WITH EVERYONE
ok, if you want to be my bestie quote your role pm and get yourself modkilled.

kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4244 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:13 pm

Post by kraska77 »

In post 4240, MathBlade wrote:
In post 4236, Cerberus v666 wrote:So, it seems like what I missed waa Mathblade being told that they're wrong by the moderator, and then getting upset about it, yes?

Yes I have completely reread 170 pages in two minutes while balling my eyes out that somehow I have missed a social convention everyone else understands but me caused me to death tunnel Kraska and pretty much make the game unfun for Kraska which I try to avoid for anyone playing while pissed off having my period for more than a goddamn month wanting to break my phone and throw it across the wall.

We're cool math ^_^
I've been an asshole to u, I'm sorry for that
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4245 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:15 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1405, The Ascended Masters wrote:
In post 1385, SirCakez wrote:^ is one of the reasons why I don't want to end the day yet
You are what is wrong with mafia today.
There are 32 players in the game. You do not need a read on all 32 players in the game today. It is impossible to have 32 good reads in a day without a very serious obsession and so by attempting to read 32 players in one day you have 32 reads that are not properly vetted.
This is town. TAM lynch is bad.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #4246 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:19 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 4240, MathBlade wrote:

:( If you're sincerely upset please don't be.

The point of my post, snarky though it was, was that there's no real benefit to going around and around about this subject. Nothing productive to do but reset and utilize the new knowledge. I apologize if the attitude of individuals in this thread, myself included, has discouraged you from seeking public answers to questions in the future. That was not my intent.

Anyways, I look forward to seeing what you have to say when you get the chance to look things over again.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4247 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:20 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3365, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 3359, MathBlade wrote:Vote Kraska
MathBlade wrote:Vote Kraska.
why?
I'll check back for your answer tomorrow if I remember btw.
Nos is town. Scum Nos who I have worked with would never be this blatantly lazy.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #4248 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:21 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 4229, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 4079, RachMarie wrote:Also as far as fake claiming PGO, IIRC in Mastin's game A50 fake claimed PGO and turned out to be town and helped us win the game in the end, though some of his early reads were really kinda funky.
There's also a bit of a difference between a50 fakeclaiming PGO and Kraska claiming.
The silly thing about this is he was targeted VERY early on, even before he had made his claim that made him essentially conftown, and the person should targeted him didn't even point out that he fake claimed pgo.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #4249 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:22 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 4247, MathBlade wrote:
In post 3365, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 3359, MathBlade wrote:Vote Kraska
MathBlade wrote:Vote Kraska.
why?
I'll check back for your answer tomorrow if I remember btw.
Nos is town. Scum Nos who I have worked with would never be this blatantly lazy.
Are you sure? Nos was the epitome of laziness in Gistou.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”