The Ascended Masters
The Ascended Masters
Goon
The Ascended Masters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3450 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:35 pm

Post by The Ascended Masters »

Kraska, why did you shift to full troll mode?
The Ascended Masters
The Ascended Masters
Goon
The Ascended Masters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3451 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:44 pm

I don't quite understand how you went from claiming PGO and fully expecting to be lynched and then not getting lynched to whatever is happening now; from what I understood when you originally claimed, you figured that you'd have to die eventually (understood why stuff surrounding you looked weird), you seemed reasonable and normal and now you've shifted into full troll mode. From where I'm standing, it looks like you know you're not really going to live through until endgame so you're just having fun and being crazy until that point comes.
The Ascended Masters
The Ascended Masters
Goon
The Ascended Masters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3452 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:47 pm

In post 3437, Albert B. Rampage wrote:At the airport...dude TAM vote for Skrub.
I don't think Skrub looks like scum.
I'll look at Mirhawk again to see how I feel there now that he's probably posted a little bit but I don't think Skrub looks like scum.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #3453 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:56 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I bet all the jewels in jeweland skrub is town.

Seriously though even you tam haters fresh eyes coming in and landing there without it being hedged and touting lurker when if you asked every player in this game to name other players no one would get them all but everyone would say tam

I say it for comedic effect but I'm pretty OK with a lynch there
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
The Ascended Masters
The Ascended Masters
Goon
The Ascended Masters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3454 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:59 pm

In post 1718, Mirhawk wrote:Vifam claimed in the PT for what it's worth, but
his kill flavor seems kinda strange.
Could you talk about this a bit? I'm not sure what you mean by strange sounding kill flavor; did you think it sounded town initially? The only thing that actually makes sense for this is that you thought it was two kills, but you never actually thought it was (as evidenced by your response to Cerb later on).
In post 1828, Mirhawk wrote:eeeeeh, I don't really like taking someone else's word on another players meta.

I mean I respect it as a reason you might be scumreading him, but your mileage wont go far with me on a meta based argument unless its something I've noticed myself as well.
Hard not to love someone shooting down Cakez's meta of me!
In post 1863, Mirhawk wrote:They are seemingly not very committed to either the Rach or Maker wagons (the rach wagon in particular feels poorly justified which is maybe odd seeing as how they were okay with flipping back to it at any time) and they have a suspicious pencheit for defending House (and to a lesser extent scrub).
I was serious when I said that the best way to play a game this large is to produce bodies quickly and reanalyze from there; this game seems depressing as hell since I've been gone and I don't think that the natural dance of "back and forth and back and forth and back and forth" when you have doubts is exactly good for game health. I wasn't really scumreading Rach or Zanos; I went with Rach because Vifam, and I went with Zanos because SpyreX. I thought that Zanos's opening in particular was kind of funky but I liked his response to me when I attacked his case there.
In post 2204, Mirhawk wrote:The votes on Kraska aren't nonsensical, your logic sucks. Kraska's kill flavor is pretty obviously bombs/biological weapons, the only way for it not to be is if Vifram was roleblocked before being killed.
Or killed before he had the chance to investigate.
Killing is before investigation on NAR.

Mirhawk, I don't really understand why you're scumreading Skrub - you make some mention of me defending him tying into it but you don't seem to suspect me particularly strongly, so ????
The Ascended Masters
The Ascended Masters
Goon
The Ascended Masters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3455 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:05 pm

In post 2642, mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 1758, The Ascended Masters wrote:Hey, Smith.

My top priority of today is bringing you into the collective in order to replace brothers Vifam and rb, or, if that is not possible because you are dirty dirty scum, end your game today. I liked a few of your posts yesterday, but I was a bit weirded out by you not responding to my call for a Zanos town case (I assume you didn't see it), and I didn't understand where your drive to solve the game went if you didn't share the mindset that I did of ending the day in a reasonable amount of time.

I'll go through your posts in depth later when I have the time, but I'd appreciate it if you talked to me about some reads that you care about before that time comes.
TAM, you said sorting me was your top priority today, but I haven't seen you discuss me since.

wrt Maker, I didn't realize that there was going to be a quick lynch there (my last post of the day came at like L-8 or so), and while I didn't especially love the case against someone who is (again) known lynchbait, I didn't think they were obv!town or the like. I'm actually curious who here is familiar with town!ircher and/or town!btd, since I feel like there ought to have been people around who'd have been cautious about running them up for what (I think) essentially boiled down to a case about them playing badly.

I'll try to spend some time tonight catching up in more detail, but I'll probably end up skimming a lot.
I said that I was going to sort you and then you went on V/LA; I figured waiting until you got back was only polite.

You feel completely different than you do on Mafiauniverse, I haven't even seen a glimpse of that town!smith drive, that town!smith hunger. And I understand I have to be careful about not getting spoiled because it's a slower meta here and because there's a lot of shit to sift through and it's not just the bros here anymore but I was hoping we could be the murder brigade together and plow through some scum and then we didn't sync N1 and I am left feeling like you and I aren't clicking because you've been talking to some other girls on all of those late nights you've been having lately.

I'll probably go through your posts later when I have a little more time and the wolves have stopped shouting for my blood for a little while but right now the big concern is "why are you so different?".
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3456 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:06 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I get the feeling TAM is a policy lynch because I have heard talks of how good this nacho is in some of my prior games.

And Kraska should be the lynch.
The Ascended Masters
The Ascended Masters
Goon
The Ascended Masters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3457 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:11 pm

In post 3451, The Ascended Masters wrote:I don't quite understand how you went from claiming PGO and fully expecting to be lynched and then not getting lynched to whatever is happening now; from what I understood when you originally claimed, you figured that you'd have to die eventually (understood why stuff surrounding you looked weird), you seemed reasonable and normal and now you've shifted into full troll mode. From where I'm standing, it looks like you know you're not really going to live through until endgame so you're just having fun and being crazy until that point comes.
Forgot how strange you were at the beginning of the day. Still don't know where your "I have to be lynched today or tomorrow" attitude went or why it formed in the first place.
The Ascended Masters
The Ascended Masters
Goon
The Ascended Masters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3458 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:15 pm

In post 3202, Randomnamechange wrote:
In post 3059, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 2963, Randomnamechange wrote: Dude

I hae a bad feeling kc could be scum and going to get away with this one. Gonna ISO them.
Could someone PLEASE explain the gunsmith death meaning that gun person wouldn't want to kill them.
Also vedith is a pretty strong townread. Really liked the ir posting on this page.
Nope, not Scum, I'm Town, I promise.

The Gunsmith died because checked a PGO - or at least Kraska claims to be a PGO. A 2-Shot PGO.
Tbh I think Kraska is probs scum
that being said that skrub readslist was horrific
VOTE: skrub
Why did you dislike the readslist? Just because Skrub was scumreading a lot of lurkers earlier?
Your response to kraska made it seem like you had pretty decent conviction that Skrub was town; did that really all melt away just because he was scumreading lurkers or do you have something more complex for me?
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #3459 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:22 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

I find myself at a bit of crossroads.

On one hand, I like what I'm seeing from TAM now.
However, I did NOT like his early game and I find it a bit strange that he only appears now that a wagon is going on him.

If Mirhawk is right about the kill flavor though, which I am uncertain how to verify...
VOTE: Kraska
The Ascended Masters
The Ascended Masters
Goon
The Ascended Masters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3460 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:29 pm

In post 3459, Radical Rat wrote:I find myself at a bit of crossroads.

However, I did NOT like his early game and I find it a bit strange that he only appears now that a wagon is going on him.

If Mirhawk is right about the kill flavor though, which I am uncertain how to verify...
Why didn't you like my early game?
When people wagon you when you're gone, you're at a bit of a lose-lose situation. If you're gone, then people think you're avoiding the game when there's a wagon on you. When you return, then people think that you're appearing because there's a wagon on you. I think it's a bad tell for that reason.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #3461 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:30 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Yo rat between then and now with the words explain what changed your mind
Show

Proud member of BaM
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3462 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:34 pm

Post by pisskop »

My boss is going on vacation starting sunday, so for the next week Ill be doing all their work and mine.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
The Ascended Masters
The Ascended Masters
Goon
The Ascended Masters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3463 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:38 pm

Nos has an atrocious ISO.
The Ascended Masters
The Ascended Masters
Goon
The Ascended Masters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3464 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:39 pm

And also has a lovely habit of posting elsewhere constantly.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #3465 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:41 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 3460, The Ascended Masters wrote:
In post 3459, Radical Rat wrote:I find myself at a bit of crossroads.

Why didn't you like my early game?
When people wagon you when you're gone, you're at a bit of a lose-lose situation. If you're gone, then people think you're avoiding the game when there's a wagon on you. When you return, then people think that you're appearing because there's a wagon on you. I think it's a bad tell for that reason.
Admittedly, I didn't read ALL of your posts.
But from what I did read you sounded very intent on unilateral control of the lunches. Which I've seen from Town before.... But usually to push lunches they felt strongly on, not straight out of the gate like that.
The Ascended Masters
The Ascended Masters
Goon
The Ascended Masters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3466 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:45 pm

In post 3465, Radical Rat wrote:Admittedly, I didn't read ALL of your posts.
But from what I did read you sounded very intent on unilateral control of the lunches. Which I've seen from Town before.... But usually to push lunches they felt strongly on, not straight out of the gate like that.
And this is something that you've seen from scum?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3467 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:47 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3464, The Ascended Masters wrote:And also has a lovely habit of posting elsewhere constantly.
I find that a bad way to scum hunt. Gistou was faster so I let slower games sit.
Activity is not alignment indicative unless they were already caught scum which in that case it is irrelevant. It only serves as conf bias.
The Ascended Masters
The Ascended Masters
Goon
The Ascended Masters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3468 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:48 pm

In post 2999, Aristophanes wrote:Not really.

If we intend to lunch them, we've written them off already and aren't scumhunting. If we do not, it often leads to apathy, or people pleasing. Either way it tells us little. Ezp3lecially in a game of this size, lurker pressure serves little purpose. If someone is lost in the content, a wagon won't help.
Lurker pressure, sure.
Lurker killing serves a higher purpose.
The Ascended Masters
The Ascended Masters
Goon
The Ascended Masters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3469 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:49 pm

In post 3467, MathBlade wrote:
In post 3464, The Ascended Masters wrote:And also has a lovely habit of posting elsewhere constantly.
I find that a bad way to scum hunt. Gistou was faster so I let slower games sit.
Activity is not alignment indicative unless they were already caught scum which in that case it is irrelevant. It only serves as conf bias.
Seeing whenever someone is posting elsewhere can sometimes give a decent gauge of whether someone is busy of just blowing the game off. Nos is just blowing the game off.
The Ascended Masters
The Ascended Masters
Goon
The Ascended Masters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3470 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:50 pm

And no I didn't have to look at posts elsewhere to get a sense of that, but here we are.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #3471 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:50 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Tam what is your take on the replacement i find that sketch writ large
Show

Proud member of BaM
The Ascended Masters
The Ascended Masters
Goon
The Ascended Masters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3472 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:53 pm

In post 3471, SpyreX wrote:Tam what is your take on the replacement i find that sketch writ large
I thought DGB being completely 100% lost and not really taking anyone's hand to get into the game was a small town lean from the slot; I think her attitude as scum is more "I'm just gonna do shit, fuck appearances" which means that it's easier for her to be scum and behind than it is for her to be town and behind. I think the vote on me is dumb but I haven't had a high opinion of the votes on me so far and I doubt that will change any time soon. I don't understand why Radical Rat voted me. I don't understand why he unvoted. I'm excited to learn both of these things.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3473 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:55 pm

Post by Killthestory »

i been patiently waiting for a track for so long
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #3474 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:57 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 3427, pisskop wrote:you know, i just realized clavical bones are sexy
Sexy AF!

But I guess this isn't the right thread for this discussion...
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”