Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #776 (isolation #0) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:28 pm

Post by Jex »

Hey! Just checking in. I'll try to do a read through over the next couple of days in order to catch up.
"Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools that don't have the brains enough to be honest." ~ Benjamin Franklin
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #786 (isolation #1) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:31 am

Post by Jex »

I just read through the rules and the first page....so confusing! Hopefully it will all make better sense once I read the rest of the thread.
"Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools that don't have the brains enough to be honest." ~ Benjamin Franklin
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #868 (isolation #2) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:17 pm

Post by Jex »

Ok, so I replaced in here and then completely forgot about this game. I'm really sorry and feel really bad about it. This weekend I promise I'll get caught up and start posting regularly. Again I"m sorry.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #904 (isolation #3) » Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:14 am

Post by Jex »

Alright, after reading 37 pages over the past 24 hours, here are my initial thoughts. I read quickly so I'm sure I missed plenty, but at least I know enough to start participating.

From the beginning of my read two people stuck out to me as scum, and I wondered for 20 pages why no one noticed either of them. Then attention finally turned to them, and a lot of my points about them were brought up.

MoS and BM took charge of the town from the very beginning. They acknowledged those that liked the item claim, and didn't listen to those that didn't. In fact they thought those that didn't want an item claim were scum. They have pretty much controlled the town the entire game getting the town to do whatever they want. I don't understand how the town can so blindly follow these two people on day 1. It baffles me.

MoS:

I don't understand the whole attack on scope. You seemed to have this sure way of finding scum from suggesting the item claim, and apparently scope fit this plan since you attacked him so hard. However, you later decide that scope isn't the lynch target for the day, still with no explanation to the town. You later describe your plan as not really being able to catch scum today but able to find them later on based on their claims today. I don't get how this ties in with how sure you were that scope was mafia. I would really like to have the whole scope thing explained a little more throughly.

I really don't like MoS's push to lynch the lurkers. Why push to lynch and not push to replace? The three people in question for not posting their items never said they wouldn't claim, they just haven't claimed. They haven't posted anything at all. I don't see the push for lynching them. I would understand if you merely wanted to hold off the kilroy wagon until they claimed, but not lynch them.

BM:

I really didn't like your change of heart during the scope wagon. You were all for the item claim, and then you weren't. You also never explained the reason you were so sure of scope being scum. I really don't understand the scope wagon at all.

Kilroy:

Lied. I don't see any reason you need to lie if you are town. If you were against the item claim then you should have said so earlier instead of lying. I'm a strong supporter of LaL unless you can give a sure fire plan that justifies your reasoning for lying.

Kinetic:

I actually see Kinetic as fairly pro town this game. He has voiced his opinion about the item claim from the beginning. He has not wavered in his beliefs or the way he plays. I actually admire that he is still standing against the item claim. Had I joined the game earlier I would have done the same. I see no point to this item claim. It's time consuming and annoying. However, my items have already been claimed by the person I replaced, so I really have no say in any of it.

For now my scum list is:
BM
MoS
Kilroy

For now, I'm simply
unvoting
. I'm more than happy lynching any of these 3. I would like to hear some answers from MoS and BM especially before deciding who to vote.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #919 (isolation #4) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:05 am

Post by Jex »

Battle Mage wrote:
Kinetic wrote:Alright. So let me get this straight.

1) You have a "fair few items" you don't want to claim, basically for the reasons I outlined, even though you've been pushing others to claim all day.

2) You also want the Survivor DVD.

3) Even under pressure you want to try and hide and say you "might" tell us why if we don't lynch you today.

WTF BM?

Claim all your items now, or die scum hoarder.

Or maybe claim your items now and die scum hoarder anyway.
This is the example of Kinetic inconsistency. He seems to force upon everyone a facade of not wanting a mass-claim, but in fact, he is very willing to push for other people to claim when it suits him. It seems that his motivations are truly selfish, and hence, he is probably scum.

FoS: Mariyta
for outright not paying attention, and defence of scum.

also
FoS: MoS
every time i see you lead the town, you seem to turn up scum (recently anyway). Plus its way out of character for you to defend me. :p
Way to turn on MoS at the first sign of others being suspicious.

Also, I really don't see how that post shows kinetic as inconsistent. Would you mind laying it out for me? I'd like to hear why you think it is, since I don't see it being different then any of his other posts, other then he's accusing you.

Your posts however get more and more inconsistent as the game goes on. Your story keeps changing with every defense you put on. Also, your votes change depending on who is looking at you it seems.

vote BM
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #923 (isolation #5) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:18 am

Post by Jex »

I forgot today was deadline with my last post. Right now, by my count Kilroy, is at 11 votes right now. Personally, I think BM is scummier, but Kilroy is up there on my list, so I'm find with a Kilroy lynch as well.

Also, someone was asking earlier if votes are halved, don't remember who, but I found this:
mod wrote:12. Deadlines: if a deadline occurs then half the majority will be need for a lynch.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #946 (isolation #6) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:54 pm

Post by Jex »

MissMoo wrote:I'm still happy with my Kilroy vote, since he never quite explained where the extra items came from.
But it occured to me, and I can't find it...didn't someone say K-Scope needed Gummy Bears to make the bear bear. Where did those come from? I feel like I missed whole pages and can't find what I thought I read and now can't find why he was cleared on this...
Someone said its a wine made from gummy bears, I don't think it was mentioned that he had to have gummy bears in order to make it though.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #955 (isolation #7) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:38 am

Post by Jex »

Kinetic wrote:CAREFUL TSS, HE MIGHT ADD YOU TO HIS SCUM LIST AND WE ALL KNOW THAT IS THE THE MOST ACCURATE THING IN THE WORLDS!
lol
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #967 (isolation #8) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:19 pm

Post by Jex »

YagamiLight wrote:Actually, I get what he's saying about you Andy. You say you the Kilroy thing makes no sense to you, but you throw your vote on the wagon anyhow.
tautology wrote:Andy: I agree, it's really weird that you said you don't understand the wagon behind Kilroy and then voted him anyways, with no further explanation. What was your train of thought there?
Way to post the exact same thing an hour after yagami. Anything original to add?
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #975 (isolation #9) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:33 am

Post by Jex »

tautology wrote:
Jex wrote:Way to post the exact same thing an hour after yagami. Anything original to add?
The point of the post was that Theo challenged BM, and BM replied with some pretty reasonable justifications for his finger-pointing, so I was trying to follow up with that. Either BM makes good points and helps the town, is full of crap and turns out to be scum or just off-base.

I haven't been shy about presenting my opinion when I have something original to add. I just feel like we've been chasing our tails for a long time. I still feel like the Kilroy thing was very strange and the way Kinetic has been coming out to defend several people has also been suspicious.

As far as the Andy thing, it makes sense now and seems like he's on the same page as everyone who doesn't really like Kilroy.
I was talking about the Andy thing, not the BM thing. You put practically the same sentence as the guy before you.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #983 (isolation #10) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:17 am

Post by Jex »

I still think BM is on the top of my list but my list has changed a bit:

Scum:
BM
Tautology
Kilroy

Those are my top 3, in that order, at the moment.

I feel Taut is sticking up for BM a bit, which makes me think there might be a link, but I'm not ready to state that for sure. BM has quieted down a bit as the attention has shifted to Taut, which I find scummy. Also, taut's last post wreaks of scummyness. He asks a ton of questions that no one has the answer to. I agree with Tarhalindur that it seems like Taut is fishing in hopes of something important slipping out.

My vote is staying on BM for now, but with the deadline approaching I will change to anyone on my list in order to reach a majority.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #997 (isolation #11) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:12 pm

Post by Jex »

Alright, so MOS says that scum are sitting on Kilroy's wagon, then two people miraculously jump off the wagon. Smells fishy to me.

Also, another attempt to lead the town to a lynch of whomever. MoS is continously saying one person is scummy, only to change his mind. What I don't understand is why the town has so blindly followed everything MoS point out. I don't get it. Apparently I'm missing something.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1000 (isolation #12) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:42 pm

Post by Jex »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:What's scummy about changing my mind? It's not like I nothing has happened to change my mind. It didn't come out of the clear blue.
I never said that you changing your mind was scummy. I said I don't understand why the town is so blindly following you. The followers are scummy in my eyes.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1003 (isolation #13) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:48 am

Post by Jex »

@ Ibby. I really wasn't meaning you. You have followed MoS on things, but you've been pretty good at explaining your actions thus far. There are some that are just following the popular vote, or doing what they're told.

Andy comes to mind when I talk of this:
Andycyca wrote:I was about to vote for his lying before reading Jex's post. I agree with her doubts on the reasons of KScope's wagon, I really couldn't see them (at least not at first reading)
For the scope lynch until he sees my post, then changes his mind.
Andycyca wrote:After a re-reread I don't like BM's reactions, but only reactions are not enough for pointing him as scum. What pisses me is this Kilroy thing that doesn't make sense to me. I will say nothing about anyone else right now before thinking decently.

BTW:
Vote: Kilroy
Thinks BM is scummy, but votes Kilroy to join the wagon, saying that reactions alone can't catch scum (but isn't it their reactions that tell us they are scum?)
Andycyca wrote:How in Earth you read my mind to know I was confused? I merely said that I haven't payed enough attention to anyone to build up a guilt/innocence case. As far as I know, it is scummy to throw something at anyone without a good case, while investigating logically is pro-town, isn't it?
Throws out the confused defense for people to take it or leave it.

His next post clarifies that he is voting Kilroy for lying.
Andycyca wrote:What MoS says is very true, I haven't paid attention to Taut, now that you mention it.

UNVOTE

But Kilroy still seems scum to me. Lemme check what we have about Taut before voting back.
This one is what got my attention. MoS said that scum are most likley sitting on Kilroy, and then right after Andy decided to change his vote. He says that MoS make a good point about the scum (which is true. I wouldn't doubt that at least one scum is sitting on there, if not more) and seem in a hurry to be off the Kilroy wagon, while still leaving suspicion on Kilroy. My question is, why unvote in order to look at Taut unless you have something to hide?

I could be completely over analyzing here, but it got my attention, and therefore I'm sharing.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1019 (isolation #14) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:04 pm

Post by Jex »

You forgot these beauties:
Kilroy8675309 wrote:Dude, MoS was saying that item claiming was going to catch scum. Catching scum > my desire to keep my items secret. I intend to speak up at the beginning of things that I disagree with - hence me voicing my opinions about item goal claiming.

So... yeah, I don't think the slip is that big.
This is before it becomes his turn to claim, where he then makes a 180 and doesn't want to claim his items as it would give away his shop.
Kilroy8675309 wrote:I am currently holding but a single item. I have had other item(s) in the past, but I do not have them anymore, because I used them.
From my understanding no one could use an item last night unless it was passed to them. Am I correct? or way off base?

After rereading Kilroy,
unvote vote kilroy
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1058 (isolation #15) » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:38 am

Post by Jex »

rajrhcpfreak wrote: ?????
  • Mafia has More Possessions than Most

A recent study (source unknown) has shown that mafia members tend to accumulate more possessions than the average Freaktown citizen. Results of the study only show numerical data, and it is unknown what the effect will be on the townsfolk.
The papers aren't labled today, so I don't know which one is supposed to be true. However, if the quote above is correct, it would leave me believe that either Battlemage or Master of Sin would be mafia based on their hoarding items yesterday. However, Master of Sin is now dead, so that wipes him off of my list :-P.
vote battlemage
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1073 (isolation #16) » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:06 pm

Post by Jex »

I realize that the article is not substantial evidence. However, battlemage was also at the top of my list of scum day 1, so my vote still stands on him. Looking back, tautology was also at the top of my list. I'm going to try to do a read through over the weekend because its been a long time since day 1 ended and I don't really remember everything.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1124 (isolation #17) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:23 am

Post by Jex »

@ Miss Moo: I don't know, I like streams of counciousness. Makes it interesting to see how one came to a conclusion.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, there's no point fighting points on MOS because he died. However, I didn't see an alignment announced. Do we not get to know that?

Also, I apologize for my lack of participation right now. It's finals week and I still have 4 papers to write. I will do my best to stay involved.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”