Micro 649: Normal Idea Mafia (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:48 am

Post by Something_Smart »

VC 2.4
BigYoshiFan (3)- McMenno, Heartache, Gamma Emerald
(L-1)

Gamma Emerald (2)- Sgz13, BigYoshiFan
Tere (1)- Leonshade
Heartache (1)- Tere

Not voting (0)- NOBODY

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch.

(expired on 2016-10-21 14:30:00)

Mod notes: :cool:[/area]
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:03 pm

Post by BigYoshiFan »

In post 323, Tere wrote:He's slipping down my reads. I think Heartache is a higher probability of catching scum though. What say you?
I agree that Heartache is likely scum but I think Gamma is scummier. Really, it just comes down to how he responded to me several pages ago, and if you want me to go in-depth I will. I'm down for a Heartache lynch I suppose. I trust you, and I don't think I'll doubt it. Would you like my vote on Heartache?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:08 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

Prodding McMenno and Heartache.
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:10 pm

Post by McMenno »

woops

would be satisfied with any lynch not tere or leonshade
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:36 pm

Post by Tere »

Mcmenno and BigYoshiFan, come help me on the Heartache wagon. It's a righteous wagon.
Mostly V/LA at weekends. GTKAS - Tere
I am also really too busy to play mafia to the quality level I prefer. I should spectate. If you see me in more than one game tell me off! Also invite me to cool games to spectate. I will bring cupcakes! <3
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:29 am

Post by Leonshade »

Pages 6-7:

Tere's towning it up, he immediately comes in, gives good reads and advances the gamestate with good engagement and the right questions. I feel much better about the slot now. My vote for light was in part due to reso replacing out, I wanted to put pressure on another slot. My tells on light could be playstyle-related, this seems especially likely since I called light out on not engaging right before they replaced out.

Pages 7-8: Not feeling good about BYF. Amished tell isn't a big deal for me in general, but the level BYF takes it to pings me. & are really bad, no way did BYF fall for the fake hammer when the VC is at the top of the page and Gamma called out mcmenno's reaction test two minutes prior. His reads are meh, and calling me Gamma's buddy seems too convenient after multiple players called me their top TR.

@BYF:
What did you find scummy about ?

Gamma's tone seems genuine to me, l like him for town here.
"I still cant believe Leonshade just talked his way out of getting lynched by posting Lion King gifs"
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:51 am

Post by Leonshade »

I CBA to go back and read the first eight pages to figure out if Heartache's reads progression makes sense, will do so if it becomes relevant.

Yeah the disparity between BYF's claim and itlepip's is another notch in the loop, I'm tightening up the rope as I speak. Gamma immediately pointing it out makes me think that this is not a bus, if BYF flips scum I'll feel good about Gamma as town.

Jesus Christ Tere really putting in the work, I shouldn't TR dedication but metadiving the likely lynch for the day when they're at L-1 to the extent that Tere did strikes me as town here, if Tere is BYF's buddy it would be better and easier for him to bus here.
"I still cant believe Leonshade just talked his way out of getting lynched by posting Lion King gifs"
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:03 am

Post by Leonshade »

My gut says that Heartache is bussing BYF. I still SR reso's policy lynch play, it seems like awkward newbscum trying to avoid drawing attention. Bussing would also be a good play here. Heartache's making a good show of scumhunting but I'm not TRing anything he's doing.
In post 291, Heartache wrote: Sgz is easy, he has felt very transparent, and though I don't agree with him I feel like I understand his comments without thinking too hard. What I really liked was when I was in the process of my catchup, his growing paranoia on leonshade mirrored my own feelings on the slot, which is hard to explain as a tell.
It's weird, but I notice doublechecking the context of the thread and timing of his posts seems to make a big difference in understanding, as in isolation you miss these things.
In post 316, Sgz13 wrote:
In post 313, Tere wrote:I'm catching scum. What is your read on Heartache, please?
I don't want to lynch them today. Their reason for town reading me seems genuine. Not the fact they are town reading me, but the reason. I'm not sure scum would be able to spot what they spotted about my posts, and as I know it to be true it makes me feel more comfortable about the slot for now, although I'm not settled on that.
Buddying 101.

Only skimmed the last couple of pages, I'll come back later but there was nothing there that really changed my reads.

Town:

Tere
Gamma Emerald
McMenno (townlean, I don't see scum intent in his play. I love his strong TR on both Tere and I and like his reads in general right now)

Scum:

BYF
Heartache
Sgz13 (PoE read, if one of the above two flips town I'd take a closer look at Sgz)
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:04 am

Post by Leonshade »

Unvote

Declaring intent to hammer. I know the game has dragged on, but now we're ready to advance the gamestate. I would especially love for Tere to chime in since he's TRing BYF.
- Vecna
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:40 am

Post by Tere »

Hey Leon! OK we are synching. Woot!

I am at work right now. Can you give me a few hours?

I am almost 100% Heartache is scum. I am not sure BYF is scum - I see your reasoning but I need to unpack my read a bit. My townread of Gamma is slipping and I am concerned about a Heartache / Gamma or Heartache SGZ scumteam, and if we don't get one tomorrow's Lylo. I'll catch up later but in the meantime could we pressure Heartache pretty please with sugar on top? xx
I am also really too busy to play mafia to the quality level I prefer. I should spectate. If you see me in more than one game tell me off! Also invite me to cool games to spectate. I will bring cupcakes! <3
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:32 am

Post by Leonshade »

I'll hammer in 24 hours of once everyone's had a chance to chip in, whichever comes first.
- Vecna
Heartache
Heartache
Goon
Heartache
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:08 am

Post by Heartache »

Okay I'm back.
</3
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:12 am

Post by Tere »

OK, so let's unpack my read on the Heartache / reso slot.

Reso

Rereading through, I had a scum ping from reso's . This is increased by looking at his newbie meta - he reads confident as both town and scum in those and this feels like newbscum going for "please don't hurt the newbie if I fuck up!" cred. I also really dislike . This looks like he is asking if he will be scumread if he goes for the "policy lynch". This doesn't come from a town mindset. Lays down the policy lynch in . I think reso is a better player than not realising that policy lynches are a bad idea when the next day would be LyLo. While I was annoyed at on reading elsewhere on the site it is null. @reso, if you need to do that again, please formally request replacement, OK? Noping out of games isn't cool. He is not currently active on site so the replace looks genuine.

So, scummy. My initial read had him scummier because of 107 but still scummy.

Heartache.

Heartache's entry posts between and are one of the scummiest entries I've ever seen in a mafia game. Those series of naked reads look utterly forced and fabricated to me. Seriously, can any of you say hand on heart you would be able to put together a town to scum read list like that from fucking page 1 of RVS? I know I didn't feel confident in my first stab several pages into day 2! I just plain do not believe it's possible to get a set of reads like that. They are obviously constructed to me. 218 is just colouring. This screams scum who picked up a lurkaderp slot and thought "crap, I need to town this up by faking read progression and padding my activity". Utter horsepuckey. She ends up with sgz at the top which is lots of huh to me and makes me think he could be her scum partner. I'm next as I'm a threat. itlepip / BYF and mcMenno as her scum reads is lazy. I think it's interesting she tries for a McMenno alternate wagon.

I don't much like her pushing for a full claim in . More post padding. Cheeky scum tries for massclaim in which is anti town. There's some soft defence of BYF in that makes me wonder again if you are right about her bussing, together with her push at Gamma for saying scum quickhammers are a thing at . also reads fake as fuck to me. "Sorry scumbuddy you are doomed I must bus". may be "please selfhammer to close down discussion". Incidentally reading through is making me feel better about Gamma again.

So far so good for Heartache scum, right?

Then I pop in and say I am not buying it at . Heartache's immediate "reads plz" response rubs me up the wrong way. I think my ISO is pretty transparent re reads. She's just not reading (scumtell), this feels defensive and I think the comment about who else I think is scum as is also interesting.

In I push Heartache for non naked reads on BYF and SGZ. I also say that I think there are associatives between BYF and Heartache if he flips scum.

I think her is really interesting. First she claims that she does naked lists because the "Benefit of this style is, you can tell when people really care. And what specifically about." - but she did no scumhunting whatsoever really after these lists apart from asking the two people present in the thread for their reads on each other. Yeah, no.

She then acts in an incredibly defensive way about the idea she may be bussing, claiming she is "the strongest pusher of the lynch" (no). She then lays down some very icky and shallow reads for BYF and SGZ.

More defensiveness at . Oh, and no reads. And some whining about how I am being mean.

Start of Tere DIE SCUM DIE aggro push. She whines about busywork at . Still no reads. She claims she has put her reads on me in her ISO at . It doesn't exist. She complains that I am genuinely upset at her at , another attempt to discredit the push. More whining at .

Since then she's said nothing, has been prodded and looks likely to be force replaced.

FWIW, this is nothing like a town player would act when faced with a Tere aggro push.

Rereading through this again, I do feel it's certainly possible that my read on BYF is wrong and he is being bussed. If you guys want to do that today, I'm OK with that, but I would much rather do Heartache as I feel she is a dead cert for scum.
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:13 am

Post by Tere »

x post. Now for everyone else.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:16 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Checking in to say I'm okay with this.
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Heartache
Heartache
Goon
Heartache
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:16 am

Post by Heartache »

I was just going to ask for that case :lol:
</3
Heartache
Heartache
Goon
Heartache
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:18 am

Post by Heartache »

As to naked lists, if you have a time machine you'll be able to visit the future and see me do them in every game.
</3
Heartache
Heartache
Goon
Heartache
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:29 am

Post by Heartache »

Now, before ending the day I'd like some of my questions answered.

For starters, I'm going to reiterate this as it's fairly important right now.
In post 291, Heartache wrote:
In post 287, Tere wrote:In all honesty this doesn't look that great for BYF. If he flips scum I think there are definitely associatives to go into with the Heartache slot. Still happy with my vote there. I'm not really interested in hammering and want to hear from Lyonshade when he gets back on the 16th.
I don't understand this part? I think I am the strongest pushing of his lynch. If you scumread me, alright, but don't try to chain me with the person I'm trying to lynch.
This is a little fishy as it comes after you have a read change on him, and he is likely the lynch, so I want you to explain this.
Secondly. The scumreads on me.
Leon's willingness seems to be more of a lack of townread plus gut than a scumread, although I could understand it there isn't much I can say there.
Tere is probably confbiased to hell, but I actually don't like above; counterpushing BYF while simultaneously setting me up for afterwards on a BYF scumflip, especially when she had townread him earlier. Will have to explore this as a possible association. Furthermore I did not get any sense of her asking me questions or trying to explore my motivations.

What I find worrying is how more than one person is trying to link me to BYF and get a 1 for 1 while I haven't seen any evidence here, and logically because it's more than 1 I know some have to be town saying this.
</3
Heartache
Heartache
Goon
Heartache
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:32 am

Post by Heartache »

Tere wrote:Since then she's said nothing, has been prodded and looks likely to be force replaced.
In post 291, Heartache wrote:But waiting for leonshade I can agree with. With his experience, maybe allowing him a free pass today is a bad idea.
But I am out on the weekend and so will not be here either.
Have you actually read my posts?
</3
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:35 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

If there is a Heartache townflip I may advocate powerlynching Tere.
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Heartache
Heartache
Goon
Heartache
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:46 am

Post by Heartache »

Heartache's entry posts between 201 and 218 are one of the scummiest entries I've ever seen in a mafia game. Those series of naked reads look utterly forced and fabricated to me. Seriously, can any of you say hand on heart you would be able to put together a town to scum read list like that from fucking page 1 of RVS? I know I didn't feel confident in my first stab several pages into day 2! I just plain do not believe it's possible to get a set of reads like that. They are obviously constructed to me.
1. You are assuming the read strength of the top and bottom portion is strong even in RVS? Newflash, I CAN read someone of people from RVS, even if you yourself are incompetent.
2. Believe it or not, but there is a difference between different types of entrances. The more passive/reserved ones are bad, and you can judge if a person is eager to start the game, or nervous and/or scared.
3. I can actually back up each change. The point of not explaining everything is also to save a lot of time, but I can explain something if necessary. I think you haven't actually bothered to try to understand.
</3
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:54 am

Post by McMenno »

In post 344, Gamma Emerald wrote:If there is a Heartache townflip I may advocate powerlynching Tere.
no
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:59 am

Post by Tere »

1. Nice ad hominem, caught scum.
2. No shit sherlock, but a gussied up progression of fakereads, nah. But it doesn't matter, you are scum for many other reasons.
3. whine whine whine whine whine. Also I don't believe you, given the appalling superficial quality of your reads in words. But please do attempt to break it down.

I notice you have not bothered to provide your off site meta despite being asked.

I discounted your "away for the weekend" - there was no V/LA note and you were formally prodded.

Oh and you can try to make a scum case on me if you should wish, but I should warn you that in my many many games off site (and indeed on site) I have not once been lynched as town whilst in my slot.
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:00 am

Post by Tere »

Now where was I. Oh yes, posting the rest of my reads.

Strong Town

Leonshade.
Leonshade has been consistently town throughout. If he's scum I'm happy to lose to him. Catch up posts are great. comes from a place of honesty. I can see his thought progression on BYF, I hadn't come to the same conclusions reading through but I can see towny thought processes here. Same with rest of ISO.

McMenno.
For similar reasons to Leonshade. I liked his "oi my meta doesn't suck now" pride interaction, I think he has been transparent. It's a gut read but I am sticking with it. Liked fakehammergate.

Probably Town

Gamma
. I am feeling better about Gamma again. I like his vote on reso at . I quite like his reaction to being voted at . Vote change at is decent. I was quite surprised he didn't offer a read on me in , relying on the replace out I thought was quite static at that point in the gamestate. Initially I thought the outing of fakehammer at was a bit scummy but I guess it is null. Just annoying :P Everything else looks pretty good. I like his immediate pick up of the claim discrepancy at . I am not a fan of him still sitting on me as a scumlean based on the replace out at . If I ignore that read, he seems OK.

Sgz.
Most of his posting has looked OK, e.g. and . Initially reading felt like scum communicating, but that's probably a stretch. looks thoughtful. I don't care about onlinegate. His question to me at initially pinged me a bit, but I like his response at . looks like town paranoia, actually. His reads at look fine, also. I like his better than I did, too. I also think if he were scum with Heartache he would have just hammered not stuck to his Gamma read which gets him town points.

Scum

BigYoshiFan
Yup, back to scumreading BYF again. I've been thinking again about itlepip's meta and he clearly loves playing town. I don't think he would throw a town game in this way. There was also one low content quickhammer game in his scum games at least from my metadive. I also don't like the rolecop 2 shot to 1 shot claim change at all. BYF has done what he can to redeem the slot but Leonshade is right, his reads at weren't that great, and I didn't get the scumread on at all. I could say more but I think I am happy with him eating rope today if that's what everyone else wants to do.

Heartache
already discussed.

So that's where I am at. Glad I read through again, I am feeling better about both Gamma and sgz.
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:05 am

Post by Tere »

In case that's unclear I am happy for the hammer to go through, but you guys are helping me lynch the fuck out of Heartache tomorrow.

I would like updated reads from everyone before you hammer if possible, Leon.

Need to do other stuff. That's where I am at.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”