The Ascended Masters
The Ascended Masters
Goon
The Ascended Masters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1350 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:53 pm

Post by The Ascended Masters »

In post 1189, kraska77 wrote:i guess? but the instigators of the moz wagon seem to have bonded over their weird townreads on house
and spy was telling ppl to hop on the wagon to clear house
i dont even understand
clean house
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:53 pm

Post by Expedience »

In post 1143, rb wrote:what do u guys think of cakez? i didn't even register he was in this game until someone mentioned him just now
He's alright imo. It's SirCakez, I rarely have strong reads on him.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:54 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Since you're reading what do you think about expedience not understanding that this game isnt for finding scum early but killing not obvious town
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:55 pm

Post by Killthestory »

yeah cakez is usually in the backround as most alignments. he's got terrible reads as town, tho, so if he seems like he's doing good, lynch him.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:56 pm

Post by Expedience »

In post 1352, SpyreX wrote:Since you're reading what do you think about expedience not understanding that this game isnt for finding scum early but killing not obvious town
(≖_≖ ) be more specific
The Ascended Masters
The Ascended Masters
Goon
The Ascended Masters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:57 pm

In post 1352, SpyreX wrote:Since you're reading what do you think about expedience not understanding that this game isnt for finding scum early but killing not obvious town
I think there are a lot of people who need to learn that lesson about large games.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:58 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Gosh that was so for nacho

Pedit ok i really got all trigger happy bit couldn't tell if it was legit
Show

Proud member of BaM
The Ascended Masters
The Ascended Masters
Goon
The Ascended Masters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:59 pm

In post 1255, Maker_of_Zanos wrote:At best, you are no better than me. At worst, this is outright hypocrisy. If something is scummy when I do it, it's scummy when you do it. You are not somehow exempt from being scumread by your own tells.
If you think something looks scummy, you push someone for it. You do not first question if it's something you've done yourself, you just push for it. Who cares if he's a hypocrite?
The Ascended Masters
The Ascended Masters
Goon
The Ascended Masters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:03 pm

In post 1311, pisskop wrote:So why did all the sheep follow nacho? do any of them have a case or something to say? gotta say hopping along to a weak bus or a townie sounds like a scum wet dream when they dont have to justify it.

Its a safe haven, even though it in theory produces content.
Who on the Maker wagon are you worried about?
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:09 pm

Post by Expedience »

In post 1181, Cerberus v666 wrote:Skrub and expedience were at 6, I moved to skrub and made votes 5:7 in favor of skrub, then rachmarie wagon was attempted, and converted to a maker wagon.

My earlier analysis was flawed. Both skrub and expedience look pretty bad as a result of that wagon progression. All preflip of course, but neither slot looks great.
Don't do preflip associatives

Also, I like Skrub's ISO better now.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:10 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1353, Killthestory wrote:yeah cakez is usually in the backround as most alignments. he's got terrible reads as town, tho, so if he seems like he's doing good, lynch him.
I take offense to this

I will help murder Maker if it comes to it ftr
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Maker_of_Zanos
Maker_of_Zanos
Goon
Maker_of_Zanos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:11 pm

Post by Maker_of_Zanos »

In post 1357, The Ascended Masters wrote:
In post 1255, Maker_of_Zanos wrote:At best, you are no better than me. At worst, this is outright hypocrisy. If something is scummy when I do it, it's scummy when you do it. You are not somehow exempt from being scumread by your own tells.
If you think something looks scummy, you push someone for it. You do not first question if it's something you've done yourself, you just push for it. Who cares if he's a hypocrite?
And then you mislynch people who dont play by your "One-Size-Fits-All" rule; this is
great
advice.
~Zanos
- "Zanos, the world of Light and Darkness, is led by its leader, the one who possesses a fragile balance between the Light and the Darkness."
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:13 pm

Post by Expedience »

In post 1199, Nero Cain wrote:The only thing that really kinda striked me as odd from RM is how she stucked her head out against "nacho hate" but I don't really remember there being any Nacho hate so???
It was a null misunderstanding of SpyreX's post, but still sounds bad. Sort of analogous to when scum misinterpret a joke and get all awkward about it
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:14 pm

Post by Killthestory »

In post 1360, SirCakez wrote:
In post 1353, Killthestory wrote:yeah cakez is usually in the backround as most alignments. he's got terrible reads as town, tho, so if he seems like he's doing good, lynch him.
I take offense to this

hehe i know you do lol.

im just kidding you know youre great cakez
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:14 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I take offense to this

This just in. Its came to it.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Maker_of_Zanos
Maker_of_Zanos
Goon
Maker_of_Zanos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:15 pm

Post by Maker_of_Zanos »

In post 1344, The Ascended Masters wrote:
In post 1342, SpyreX wrote:
In post 1340, The Ascended Masters wrote:I'm pretty excited to see Maker push his shiny new SpyreX suspicion.
In the meantime, short catch up.
Breaking my heart boo.

Unless that is murderous excitement
Murderous excitement; you are part of a very very small collection of people who I wouldn't instantly murder if given the opportunity and I don't see that changing anytime soon. I don't think that Maker can seriously push a case on you and end up as anything but dead by the end of it, but I'm excited to see him try.
That's the thing that I don't understand. Why can SpyreX do whatever & no one even casts a shadow of a doubt there?

I want answers; I don't wint these stupid metagames within games.

Pedit: Stuff like that is EXACTLY what I'm talking about.
~Zanos
- "Zanos, the world of Light and Darkness, is led by its leader, the one who possesses a fragile balance between the Light and the Darkness."
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:16 pm

Post by SpyreX »

In post 1361, Maker_of_Zanos wrote:
In post 1357, The Ascended Masters wrote:
And then you mislynch people who dont play by your "One-Size-Fits-All" rule; this is
great
advice.
~Zanos
I think the italics was sarcasm you told me that was bad tyvm.

P. S. You ready to throw down yet
Show

Proud member of BaM
The Ascended Masters
The Ascended Masters
Goon
The Ascended Masters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:16 pm

In post 1321, Maker_of_Zanos wrote:2. 903 --> Complains about my reactionary analysis of KTS in 889 --> And what exactly is wrong with the post? It wasn't even a strong conclusion; just more of an aside/comment on how KTS was behaving this game & why. At worst its null at best its null. - Neutral (-1)
You tried to imply that KTS was scum because he wasn't acting like a troll. You didn't analyze any of his "serious posting", you just took a difference and you used that as an attempt to push him. You are docking points from SpyreX because he disagreed with you; isn't this the definition of bias?
In post 1321, Maker_of_Zanos wrote:Obviously, people are yelling because it isn't super obvious at a glance. Just cuz something looks obvious to you doesn't mean it does to everyone else. And quite frankly, I don't like how you are basically shouting from the sidelines despite not having giving your reasons to do so; it feels you dont want to be held accountable should this slot flip as town.
The Skrub wagon wasn't obvious at a glance, but it still popped up anyways. The House wagon wasn't obvious at a glance, but it still popped up anyways. SpyreX was pointing out that these wagons didn't get questioned, but yours did. Why? I don't understand how SpyreX is avoiding being held accountable for your town flip; his response blows this particular criticism out of the water, but just because he didn't give reasons for lynching you doesn't mean that people aren't going to turn to him if you flip town. I find that making a well-reasoned case on a wagon lets you get off with lynching someone more than just lynching someone does. Again, you're criticizing him for how he approached your wagon which again seems biased.
In post 1321, Maker_of_Zanos wrote:Yeah, the confirmation bias coming from this slot is quite obviously, and it really doesnt feel like town deathtunneling each other either. Show that Scrub is obvtown; if that were the case, then why is Scrub the competing top wagon? Also --> Look at the double-standard when it comes to people voting your townreads. I understand that the Scrub vote was somewhat bad, but how can you argue that Scrub's vote was much better in comparison --> You had no problem with it as far as I can tell. This is scum targeting the weakest link, not town that likes to deathtunnel players. Your attitude this game tells me so.
First, addressing the "if Skrub is obvtown, why is he the top competing wagon?". The majority opinion does not always align with an individual's opinion. The majority opinion (much like an individual opinion) is not always correct. I can elaborate on this if you'd like, but I'd hope that you can acknowledge that this is a bad line of thought if you spend some more time thinking about it.

As far as a double standard goes, SpyreX never argued that Skrub's vote was better than yours (although I'd argue that it was); he said that your vote was bad and that Skrub was obvtown (he argued absolutely nothing about your vote).

You seem to be arguing that old-timers (which feels directed at me and SpyreX in particular, please correct me if I'm wrong) are currently approaching your case with a closed mind and are producing terrible logic to push a lynch through. If you are town, I'd argue that this case is a case that you're making because you're frustrated by the push against you; you seem like a person who can approach a situation objectively but I'd be very surprised if you look at this case after the game is done and tell me that this is your objective approach to SpyreX's push on you.
The Ascended Masters
The Ascended Masters
Goon
The Ascended Masters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:19 pm

In post 1361, Maker_of_Zanos wrote:And then you mislynch people who dont play by your "One-Size-Fits-All" rule; this is great advice.
A majority of people aren't playing by my rules. I am not pushing or attempting to lynch all of them. This has absolutely nothing to do with the point that I am currently making.
The Ascended Masters
The Ascended Masters
Goon
The Ascended Masters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:21 pm

In post 1365, Maker_of_Zanos wrote:That's the thing that I don't understand. Why can SpyreX do whatever & no one even casts a shadow of a doubt there?
Show me something that I should kill him for.
So far, what you've shown me is that you're biased against his playstyle and pushing him for it, which is a neat little coincidence because it's what you were criticizing him for doing to you earlier, which is an even neater coincidence because it's as hypocritical as your partner accused Skrub of being earlier.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:22 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1363, Killthestory wrote:
I take offense to this

hehe i know you do lol.

im just kidding you know youre great cakez
<3
In post 1364, SpyreX wrote:
I take offense to this

This just in. Its came to it.
By "comes to it" I don't mean like two days into the game
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1371 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:23 pm

Post by Vifam »

Hey Nacho are you not interested in the Rach wagon at all anymore
ok
The Ascended Masters
The Ascended Masters
Goon
The Ascended Masters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1372 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:23 pm

By "comes to it" he means at least 200 pages into the game.
The Ascended Masters
The Ascended Masters
Goon
The Ascended Masters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1373 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:23 pm

In post 1371, Vifam wrote:Hey Nacho are you not interested in the Rach wagon at all anymore
I'd ask the same of you about the Maker wagon.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1374 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:24 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I dont want to go into mega detail but this feels like scum that are caught for the wrong reasons tm and that special indignation that comes with it.

Like he really thought that would stick and turn the tides and is furious that i am a frictionless plane.

Pedit cakes i swear to god be a bro get on the murder bus. If had a dayvig that ended the day id have used it 20 pages ago
Show

Proud member of BaM

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”