League of Legends: The New Thread

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1775 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:26 am

Post by Psyche »

i should probably dodge more games than i should
i guess i'm too much of an optimist
or maybe a pessimist
youtube playlist extracter | donbot | game scraper | vca | setupsim | strategist | llm
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1776 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:28 am

Post by zoraster »

Right now my wins give me significantly more LP than my losses so the calculation means I dodge a bit less than I did when I was in "elo hell" early Season 5. But dodging, particularly in Bronze, was practically necessary when I was gaining 10 LP for wins and losing 24 LP for losses.

Also I find less need to dodge with new champ select. People are a lot less likely to fight and lock in a troll champ (support teemo, for example).
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #1777 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:41 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

I play most of my ranked games in squads of 4 or more, so I don't dodge much. But when I play solo, I do dodge.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1778 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:46 am

Post by zoraster »

Ani, why did you take Strength of Ages on Morgana support in your last game? Just a mistake?
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #1779 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:37 am

Post by PJ. »

In post 1774, zoraster wrote:
In post 1764, Accountant wrote:I won't comment on that, because I think intentionally dodging games because you didn't like your team is unethical.
Dodging is both ethical and expected. If you're not using it in ranked, you're a fool.

Riot allows for it too. Why else have your first dodge of the day only worth 3 LP? At that level there's little reason not to dodge if you think there's a less than even chance you'll win (depending on what your LP gains/losses are for wins and losses, the exact percent where it's the right call will change).
This is the opinion of a man with no bushido and mucho miedo
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #1780 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:10 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

In post 1778, zoraster wrote:Ani, why did you take Strength of Ages on Morgana support in your last game? Just a mistake?
Yup! Total mistake.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1781 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:13 am

Post by zoraster »

In post 1779, PJ. wrote:
In post 1764, Accountant wrote:I won't comment on that, because I think intentionally dodging games because you didn't like your team is unethical.
Dodging is both ethical and expected. If you're not using it in ranked, you're a fool.

Riot allows for it too. Why else have your first dodge of the day only worth 3 LP? At that level there's little reason not to dodge if you think there's a less than even chance you'll win (depending on what your LP gains/losses are for wins and losses, the exact percent where it's the right call will change).
Screw bushido. I'm a BAMF Ninja.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1782 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:23 am

Post by Psyche »

sure
youtube playlist extracter | donbot | game scraper | vca | setupsim | strategist | llm
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1783 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:15 am

Post by Cabd »

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends. ... ?tab=stats

Hopping on Penguin's Elliptical before really enhanced my map-watching skills I guess.
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #1784 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:31 am

Post by PJ. »

In post 1781, zoraster wrote:
In post 1779, PJ. wrote:

Screw bushido. I'm a BAMF Ninja.
tienes miedo en tu corazón
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1785 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:26 am

Post by zoraster »

You always hate it when I link the scrub article. Do you need me to link the scrub article again?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1786 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:32 am

Post by Psyche »

no plz stop i must intervene plz stop you are totally a bamf or whatever
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1787 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:33 am

Post by Psyche »

you don't need to prove anything to this guy
you are a literal metaphorical literal ninja
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #1788 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:45 am

Post by PJ. »

what is the scrub article
?

Is it the old Play-to-Win article? That guy also has no bushido. I'm also for sure better than that guy at street fighter.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1789 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:57 am

Post by zoraster »

That's the one!
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1790 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:58 am

Post by Psyche »

be free find peace
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1791 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:32 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1772, Ankamius wrote:
Not playing to win the game in a ranked environment is insulting and far more unethical than dodging a game where you have reason to believe that people aren't going to give their all.

Ranked is meant to be competitive. Dodging is a tool you can use to avoid games you are fairly certain are lost. Saying dodging games is unethical is like saying muting people is unethical.
I don't believe in a game that can be lost at champion select. If a player selected something weird and have a bad record, everyone is just going to have to do better and work harder to make up for it.

It's not about bushido. I just think it's not ethical to abandon your team because you don't like someone's pick.
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1792 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:35 pm

Post by Accountant »

It's okay to dodge if someone goes "you are all shit players who will not let me mid even though I drew bot, I will intentionally feed" or players who display toxicity in champion select.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1793 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:45 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Ranked is where people are meant to play when they want to play their hardest and see how far they can go up the ladder.

If I can tell that someone on my team clearly isn't trying or are trying to brute force playing a champion they're clearly garbage at, I'm going to seriously consider dodging. It's unethical to force four teammates to play a game of at least 20 minutes and likely lose a game's worth of MMR and LP because you are not taking the game as seriously as you are capable of taking it. I'll play if I can see evidence that you are playing something niche that seems to be working for you, but I'm not going to piss away my own time otherwise, and the only thing it costs the people in the same champion select to dodge one of those situations is just time. Unless you're very high up in the ladder, in which case you would know just about everybody there in the first place, the wait for this is going to be less than 20 minute's worth.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1794 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:03 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I also look up all the supports I get just so I can get a sense of how much I can trust them.

Also if they clearly don't play support... pretty much at all and pick shit like thresh or bard, I'm going to consider dodging.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1795 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:26 pm

Post by Psyche »

really no point discussing this sort of thing with accountant
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1796 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:44 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

Yeah he clearly just doesn't understand that dodging is a legitimate mechanic used to climb.

Sure someone who has a 15% win rate on their champ might do well that game with them magically, but likelihood is, they just got carried in those games, and that means nothing to the state of what they are playing.

I also don't understand the people who play champions that are well under 50% win rates past like 20+ games on them, because it's clear that they are either not good on them, or aren't doing the right things on them.
Returning win rate: 4/1, 80%
In the process of creating a game to mod, we will see what it holds.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1797 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:59 pm

Post by Accountant »

Ranked is where people are meant to play when they want to play their hardest and see how far they can go up the ladder
I agree. What does dodging have to do with this? You're bringing in an outside influence to artificially boost your win rate. It won't reflect your true skill at the game.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1798 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:01 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1796, JasonWazza wrote:Yeah he clearly just doesn't understand that dodging is a legitimate mechanic used to climb.

Sure someone who has a 15% win rate on their champ might do well that game with them magically, but likelihood is, they just got carried in those games, and that means nothing to the state of what they are playing.

I also don't understand the people who play champions that are well under 50% win rates past like 20+ games on them, because it's clear that they are either not good on them, or aren't doing the right things on them.
Dodging is great if you want to climb, but then you aren't playing league of legends any more, you're playing the "dodge bad teammates" mini game

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1799 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:03 pm

Post by Accountant »

I think that dodging is unethical because the only tools you're supposed to use to help you win are the tools given to you in game. For example, suppose Riot introduced a mechanic of Dodge. In champion select, you can click a button to quit the game at the cost of 3 LP and a timer. Then dodging is the exact same but it is now legitimate because now it's an actual game mechanic and so not unethical

Return to “The Arcade”