Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:08 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

@Diamond:
In post 733, DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 647, Yume wrote:We thought the rest of you would respect me more if we did it, so she worked in the background while I posted her opinions along with mine in public.
Ok, first off, this pissed me off, exceptionally much, even for Titus and Yume.
Why did this piss you off? Like, I could see this as being a bit annoying, but why is it suddenly horrible or rage-inducing for one head of a hydra to fake signing as the other head? This just seems like an over-reaction to the post unless there's meaningful shared history here that I'm missing.
In post 734, DiamondSentinel wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 650, mhsmith0 wrote:lol that's hilarious.

@diamond: were not policying d1 for being a player you don't like. Make a scum case on her if you want her gone.
In post 657, mhsmith0 wrote:Policying someone for specific behavior (especially if meaningfully wolf indicative) is acceptable. Policying because you don't like them isn't. Diamonds comment might be the latter.
In post 670, Road Kamelot wrote:Im not a fan of pretending to be one's hydra partner on purpose but its whatever im not gonna press it
Lets just lynch scum Skrub, thatd be a productive thing to do today
Look at that reaction to the wagon

pedit: Because it results in the above ^^^^ Sorry Frozen, I'm sure this will settle down in a lil bit

All 3 of these posts REALLY look like scum defending scumbuddies.

But again, thi sis less than 2 days in.
DS: Let's policy yume
Me: It sounds like you just don't like her, you need to actually bother making a case here
DS: That's how scum-buddies would defend each other

Like, how does that even make sense? You think that if I was teammates with Yume my objection would be that you didn't have a case, even though said objection would be easy to overcome if you actually, you know, bothered to make a case?
In post 735, DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 571, Norvicodin wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 568, Norvicodin wrote:
In post 548, Sekirei wrote:Also, I read that WoTC thread and I am angry at how you treat my other half. I am your judge, jury, and executioner. Now are you gonna apologize or face Peridot-style court? And trust me, Peridot-style court ain't pleasant.

~Peridot
Fuck no.

To clarify: I'm not going to apologize in this game for our of game behavior.

Using out of game behavior as an excuse to lynch me would be mighty scummy.

So, "judge, jury, and executioner", do what you think you should.
Very very townie post.
Umm... how? What about that post do you think is non-fakeable, or game-solving, or in any way meaningfully town-indicative?

Spoiler:
In post 737, DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 412, Road Kamelot wrote:VOTE: Skrub
I had the same vibes. Early caught scum, go go go
And again, another scummy post from RK. After seeing how terribly this wagon formed, I pretty confidently can say Skrub is lynchbait.
In post 738, DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 412, Road Kamelot wrote:VOTE: Skrub
I had the same vibes. Early caught scum, go go go
Ok, so, some final comments after re-skimming the thread.

Fuck RK. She is the most blatant scum I have ever seen. I will bet $5 billion dollars that she's a scumfuck. VOTE: RK
Nero's intro annoyed me to all hell, but the rest of his posts don't point scum. He sits at a null!town.
KTS also deserves death. Regardless if he is scum pulling a PV (also, wasn't that lurking bastard in this game?) or if he's just a shitposter, then he needs to be vigged ASAP (As soon as Pyoom like a bullet! (name that reference))

These two posts are two minutes apart. Presumably the re-read had been done before the set of posts (including the ones before this pair) started going, but it's a weird transition between these two posts. Like, the first one is maybe a bit annoyed, and reads as being game-solving, making an alignment read on Skrub based on RK's behavior. And the second just seems like a sudden over the top transition. Does anyone have history with DS? Does normally he make these weird emotional hops quickly when town? When I read it, it seems fake to me, but this may just be a function of a weird playstyle on his end.
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:12 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 813, The Ascended Masters wrote:Skrub seems fine; his reaction to getting voted is INCENSED TOWNIE RAGE.
??? I read his reactions as being more "lol this wagon is stupid" (which seems fairly null to me). What in particular makes you think there's anger in his posts about being wagoned, and that said anger is necessarily villagery?
Show
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:23 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

^nevermind, I see nacho talking about this in 887 and others. I'd say "INCENSED TOWNIE RAGE" is overstated, and I still don't especially see his reaction as strongly villagery (null in my book), but I guess nacho's interpretation isn't necessarily BS.
Show
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:29 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 185, RachMarie wrote:Yes I should be in bed sleeping, or should be working on writing on my client's product BUT instead I wrote a poem and was posting it places so well I am here for a short bit.

caveat, I have been drinking a couple or so glasses of merlot so not up to intense intellectual stuffs.

OMG you really did roll Scum this game, didn't you?
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:30 pm

Post by RachMarie »

ROFL no I was under the influence of wine.

As for the poem I posted it in my GTKAS thread and the link is in my signature.
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:32 pm

Post by Expedience »

In post 1074, mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 1005, Expedience wrote:I finished reading the thread.

Town: DS, mhsmith0, Cerberus, Yumeslot
Slight town: The Ascended Masters, rb, Road Kamelot, Vifam, SirCakez
Null: everyone else including Killthestory, Vedith, Skrub
Slight scum: Drixx, Nosferatu, kraska, SpyreX
Scum: Maker of Zanos, RachMarie
Why DS as strong town? I'm starting to catch, and his stuff around 730 or so was super unimpressive. What makes him (presumably) your #1 town read?
It's not ordered like that. This probably isn't going to satisfy you, but his posts just sound super genuine. He's coming from a weird perspective (all the policy lynch stuff) but he believes everything he says. His play is similar to Cerberus'.
Why Zanos as wolf instead of just bad? I've played with both Ircher and BTD6_Maker when they were town, and frankly "Mislynch Bait Twins" would be a better name for their hydra. I feel like if they were wolves it'd be pretty obvious (with the caveat that they might be getting decent coaching in day-chat, if that's something on the table in this game), and at this point, I don't see it being especially obvious.
I know and I've kept this in mind, but it
does
become pretty obvious they're wolves.

They're trying to look stupid by voting themselves etc. but it's so fake. This is basically what happened:
"well uh my reasons for my vote are bad but i did worse as town!!"
"why are you guys voting me i dont understand ;-;"
"hmph, n-not like i cared anyway vote: maker"
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:57 pm

Post by rb »

there's like 10 slots either not voting anything useful or just not voting, i wanna kill one of those more than maker
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:59 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

DS is a mild scum read for me at this point. Not a huge priority sort but I don't see the obv!town there. MoZ just seems bad rather than obv!wolf to me, and the IMO self-vote continues along that vein. Some of that may simply be me being over-sensitive to that after watching Ranger pull similar shit as town in open 642 (including the shitty self-vote), but I'm starting to come around the idea that shit like that actually does come more often from town, even though it never ever ever should. In this case, it's conceivable that they're scum/SK giving up, but it's also plausible that they're town giving up. I know Ircher (who I think was making those posts) is bugged by being a lynchbait type, so I can reasonably see him getting pissy and pulling a stunt like that out of frustration at being wagoned. Obviously it could be him pulling a scam and faking it, but I just don't see why it's wolf-indicative instead of essentially null. I'd still much rather wagon RachMarie at this point.
Show
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:04 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

@ Rach...
In post 914, RachMarie wrote:Why are we giving a pass to MoZ

I just read his ISO

VOTE: MoZ
This is the sort of thing that normally comes with something better than "their ISO sucks". What about their ISO sucks? You seem to not really be able to explain what exactly you're finding voteable.
You talk a bit about it in
In post 923, RachMarie wrote:@ Nacho
1. The way they are moving their vote around looks like they are looking for a good wagon, not looking for scumz
2. The freaky color vote thing looked like they were trying to appear to be town and trolling, it did not feel genuine the way Nero's trolling does,
3. The way they threw shade on KTS but did not vote for him seems scummy AF
but
1) you aren't addressing the possibility that moving their vote around might be part of a process to look for a good wolf wagon, or for that matter, separating them from anyone else's vote hopping.
2) The "freaky color vote thing" ( http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 7#p8421517 ) seems like the epitome of a playstyle thing; calling it AI just seems bizarre;
3) I presume you mean this
In post 889, Maker_of_Zanos wrote:...
This totally not troll KTS we're seeing here. He's actually being useful for once, but I fear that is because he is scum.....
~Zanos ~Zanos ~Zanos
but I fail to see how this is AI. It's essentially expressing a mild scum read on the slot; failing to vote for what is presented as a mild scum read (and one that is essentially paranoia-driven) is not in and of itself suspicious

Frankly, none of those seem like particularly good reasons for voting them; to me it seems a lot more like you're going survivalistic and looking for an easy target to try and buy another day off of.
In post 920, RachMarie wrote:
In post 620, mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 611, RachMarie wrote:It is a tentative read so far but feel like KTS could be town he is already invested enough to get ticked off at the hyperposters and that means he is genuinely trying to sort shit out.
It is a tentative read so far but feel like Rach could be scum she isn't invested enough to make real reads and just drops off a lazy kts town read and that means she isn't genuinely trying to sort shit out.

VOTE: rachmarie
adding smith to my scum pile as well this pinged my scumdar this vote on me sucks, plus like MoZ she keeps flipping her vote around.
What about the vote sucks? Surely if you find my vote on you to be itself vote-worthy, you can actually explain what about it "sucks". I personally thought it to be a solid vote, mainly for the content (wolf-reading you becuase of the lazy read you made) but I also liked the snarky way I turned around your language relating to KTS. Nothing about it seems off, and it seems like you just want to shade it as somehow being a bad vote without actually doing the work to demonstrate that it's actually a bad vote.
I also don't see your point about vote-hopping (you were my 4th vote, with my 1st being a joke vote on the mod and the 2nd being near-RVS level). Nor do I see how vote-hopping is itself wolf-indicative, unless you think that I'm just lazily bandwagoning (which would be weird considering that I was the first vote on you), or that something else in particular about my vote movement seems wolfy. It seems like you're struggling to make a case on why your pushes make sense, which to me suggests that they're probably just made up.
PS I'm a he. You can see it right there in the box where my user info is.
Show
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:06 pm

Post by rb »

I'd rather cull the people not contributing even moreso than Rach. Some contribution is better than none.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:06 pm

Post by rb »

Mhsmith this game has 30 players aint nobody gonna read ur walls
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:12 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

MathBlade replaces Yume; Effective Immediately!
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:16 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Going to be reading as I can on Sunday. :) Hi all <3 Going to try to post as I can.

@rb -- Oh stop it. You didn't say the same thing in Gistou and that had more walls than a 20 story house. And you sure as hell didn't tell anyone to stop there. Especially me when you were town before you became a Wulden.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:17 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

TLDR version: vote Rach.
Show
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:21 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I don't need the TLDR I am going to read Sunday morning. Go to D&D then Read Sunday.

The question is why do you think I'd ever do a naked vote on someone without reading?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:22 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Oh and yes I'm a little bitchy today. Deal.
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:23 pm

Post by kraska77 »

Forgot to mention
Don't and the day before I use my dayvig
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:24 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 1090, MathBlade wrote:I don't need the TLDR I am going to read Sunday morning. Go to D&D then Read Sunday.

The question is why do you think I'd ever do a naked vote on someone without reading?
Tell me all about your D&D Math! Edition? What race/class are you playing? What campaign are you in?

-Cerb
GTK a me, currently live, this may be your only chance!
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78521&p=10688009#p10688009
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:25 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

@Kraska you should just wait until someone is at l-2, and has claimed etc, and then whenever it becomes clear they'll be the lynch for today, shoot them, so we get two lynches!
GTK a me, currently live, this may be your only chance!
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78521&p=10688009#p10688009
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:25 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Unvote

In case prior slot's vote was somewhere.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:26 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1093, Cerberus v666 wrote:
In post 1090, MathBlade wrote:I don't need the TLDR I am going to read Sunday morning. Go to D&D then Read Sunday.

Tell me all about your D&D Math! Edition? What race/class are you playing? What campaign are you in?

-Cerb

Ranger/Rogue/Fighter hybrid level 7

She's a former noble dualwielding crossbow maiden and dual swords...AKA lots of damage glass cannon.

Edition Pi (custom by our DM) in a custom setting.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:27 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Oh and Half Elf
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:27 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

That was @RB
Show
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:28 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

i.e. he was bitching about my wall post so I gave him the TLDR version.
Show

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”