She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:31 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

YO PENGUINPOWER I SEE YOU ARE POSTING ELSEWHERE GET OVER HERE
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Zoronos
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:32 am

Post by Zoronos »

I'm away from a computer so if you actually want that response in a non sarcastic fashion I suppose I could answer it but I don't really feel like typing redundant posts.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:33 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Is eager lynched yet?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:34 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1118, Gamma Emerald wrote:I need further input.
I mentioned that Grendel's summary made me rethink some things. What I'm having issues dealing with is determining the motivation behind a certain play. This play is the "both are town" idea that Eager and Maria have suggested. Thing is, I've used this defense before...
...As scum. It's a great way to avoid getting trapped in a CC if it works. What I need to know is if this is something you agree is something scum would do. I'm feeling incredibly confused right now and this feedback will help.
@PenguinPower what are your thoughts on this. I want you to ignore your current read on Eager for this.
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:41 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

PP you didn't answer my question!
<Embrace The Void>

PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:41 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Why wouldn't scum do it if they got called out? We're in a closed setup, so no one can really determine the balance of having two of the same roles except through speculation. Seems like a valid thing to do when CC'd, and particularly better than saying "him/her or me" if the lynched party flips as the claimed role.

p-edit

Patience. Damn.
Zoronos
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:59 am

Post by Zoronos »

In post 1127, PenguinPower wrote:Is eager lynched yet?
No, and speed lynching him before Boring comes back and talks is a bad plan.
It would be cool if he'd get off his ass and do some work to validate my blind faith, but w/e.

So, other than Eager, who do you feel is scum? Still Gamma, or has that read changed?
Zoronos
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:02 am

Post by Zoronos »

The sheer absurdity of a day one CC is what boggles me about all this. If I were scum, I would never early claim ascetic in thread. I'd sit on that into end game and never ever mention it. Town can't cop me / roleblock me / track me? Awesome I'm the best scum.
I'd also never try to counter claim a town ascetic, since that's just a bad 1 for 1, which is not a winning play for scum.

Which means either Eager or SS don't play scum along the same axis that I do, or that they're not scum. Or are just crazy people who make bad choices.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:04 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I mentioned that Grendel's summary made me rethink some things. What I'm having issues dealing with is determining the motivation behind a certain play. This play is the "both are town" idea that Eager and Maria have suggested. Thing is, I've used this defense before...
...As scum. It's a great way to avoid getting trapped in a CC if it works. What I need to know is if this is something you agree is something scum would do. I'm feeling incredibly confused right now and this feedback will help.
@implosion and nn30
I want input on this.
<Embrace The Void>

PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:07 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 1131, Zoronos wrote:So, other than Eager, who do you feel is scum? Still Gamma, or has that read changed?
Depends on eager's flip. But, no, Gamma hasn't done anything to change my mind right now.
Zoronos
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:10 am

Post by Zoronos »

In post 1134, PenguinPower wrote:Depends on eager's flip. But, no, Gamma hasn't done anything to change my mind right now.
So in your mind this is obvscum Eager?
Definitely no chance of two town ascetic?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:14 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1133, Gamma Emerald wrote:
@implosion and nn30
I want input on this.
Dier and LUV too, while we're at it.
<Embrace The Void>

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:22 am

Post by implosion »

@implosion and nn30
I want input on this.
I mean, I'm also getting tired of repeating myself. I can be a bit more specific. eager's insistence that they're both town, the way he's doing it, and his irritation resulting from shadow's play are pretty damn close to how I'd respond as town. They are also somewhat close to how I'd respond as scum. So I don't really read him solely off of the fact that he's calling himself and shadow both town. I think he is making an effort to get shadow to reconsider and has realized that it's futile, and that's not really useful for determining his alignment.

I think the emotional content of his reaction looks consistent; I think he was looking like town before shadow claimed; I think the way he talks about shadow (i.e. ) sounds more reminiscent of town who has given up because they realize they're up against someone who will never change their mind rather than scum, who I feel would spend more energy directly trying to prove that they are town to players other than shadow. I think two town ascetics is honestly more likely than a town ascetic and a mafia ascetic, or than a town ascetic and a mafia goon or whatever fakeclaiming ascetic, because of the context of the large normal I linked where podoboq was one of two macho townies.

So yes, what eager is doing is something scum would potentially do but it's also certainly something town would do and it looks that way to me. I agree with his .
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:08 am

Post by nn30 »

In post 1136, Gamma Emerald wrote:
@implosion and nn30
I want input on this.
Dier and LUV too, while we're at it.
Both scum! and town! Eager could do this.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:10 am

Post by MariaR »

In post 1132, Zoronos wrote: If I were scum, I would never early claim ascetic in thread. I'd sit on that into end game and never ever mention it. Town can't cop me / roleblock me / track me? Awesome I'm the best scum.
THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:10 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I'm noticing a lot of people only answering for eager
What about Maria?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:11 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1139, MariaR wrote:
In post 1132, Zoronos wrote: If I were scum, I would never early claim ascetic in thread. I'd sit on that into end game and never ever mention it. Town can't cop me / roleblock me / track me? Awesome I'm the best scum.
THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
HOLY FUCK
<Embrace The Void>

Zoronos
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:31 am

Post by Zoronos »

In post 1140, Gamma Emerald wrote:I'm noticing a lot of people only answering for eager
What about Maria?
The maria half of the question is unenlightening. If she is town and thinks they're both town, she'll call them both town. If she thinks one is a scum, she'll call that one scum. If she's scum, either she is calling them both town and both are (right side of history play - avoid blowback from the mislynches), or one is a scum buddy and she's protecting them. But that doesn't look manifestly different from the outside without being able to peer into her reasoning.
So, basically the action itself is NAI, the reasoning is the only thing that matters. And that hinges on Boring.

If you're asking "Do you feel her reasoning for calling them both town is legit" I'd go with "Well, she thinks Boring is manipulating the situation, and that corresponds roughly with my gut reaction to events, so I don't see a problem, but I'd like to investigating Boring more first because I don't like to just YOLO based on what my gut thinks."
So, yeah. Crux of the matter is boring right now.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:33 am

Post by nn30 »

In post 1141, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1139, MariaR wrote:
THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
HOLY FUCK
Agree.
Zoronos
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:36 am

Post by Zoronos »

I can't even tell what you're agreeing with. Or whether gamma is yelling in agreement, disagreement, or just out of general frustration.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:37 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Yelling in how Beetlejuicey that was.
<Embrace The Void>

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:26 am

Post by implosion »

I think Zoronos has said pretty much everything I want to on this page (and/or I agree with him). 1131, pretty much 1132 (not guaranteed bc he might claim it to preempt something like an investigative no-result on him but seems less likely the more i think about it), the first half of 1142 (i.e. the maria question being unenlightening - i also wonder why gamma specifically asked about those two when I've been pushing the same angle), and 1144.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:34 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I asked about those 2 because I remember them being more vocal.
<Embrace The Void>

MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:46 am

Post by MariaR »

wtf is Beetlejuice
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:53 am

Post by nn30 »

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”