Mini 532: Yaw's Split Open Mafia: (Game over)

Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:44 am

Post by Jex »

/confirm
"Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools that don't have the brains enough to be honest." ~ Benjamin Franklin
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (isolation #1) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:31 am

Post by Jex »

vote quickben
i just don't believe he's quick
"Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools that don't have the brains enough to be honest." ~ Benjamin Franklin
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (isolation #2) » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:35 am

Post by Jex »

kabenon007 wrote:btw, Holy, I'm keeping my vote on you until you post only using quotes from a religious document.
This could be a very long game if these keep up :-P
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (isolation #3) » Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:03 pm

Post by Jex »

Korlash wrote:How do I knwo that isn't a forgery? I'm going to need your cashier's birth certificate, photo ID, drivers license, blood sample, social security number, and a signed confession that you are scum please...

>.>
<.<

Shhh.. Maybe he won't notice...
Glad we're getting down the real evidence :lol:
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (isolation #4) » Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:05 pm

Post by Jex »

SensFan wrote:Since this is a (partially) open set-up, I think we might be best off with a full claim. The scum will have no choice but to claim their actual roles (or get busted on a 1-for-1 basis), and we can ask for everyone to tell the town what they did the night before, forcing the Scum lie. Ideally, we can catch scum in lies in a few days...

mass claims on day 1 make for a very dull game. Where's the fun? I've also never seen a day 1 mass claim succeed.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (isolation #5) » Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:07 pm

Post by Jex »

Sorry...3rd post in a row. To the mass claim: the role and the alignment are separate from each other so for all we know there could be a scum detective. Mass claiming doesn't help us at all.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (isolation #6) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:13 pm

Post by Jex »

Wow...I apparently missed a lot over the holiday break.

This plan has waaaaay too many holes to ever work. Many of which have been pointed out. The main problem I see is that the role switcher would need to know who the reopener is in order to switch the roles, wouldn't they? In my experience, a role reopener is only allowed to use their role once in the game. They then take on that role as their own for the rest of the game. If this is the case, then there would be no point in this plan because a)only one role would be opened and b) there's no need to switch it because someone will already have the role for the remainder of the game.

Also,
unvote
. No need to keep my random vote on since we're out of that stage now.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (isolation #7) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:43 am

Post by Jex »

Finals this week, 4 papers to go, sorry for my inactivity.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (isolation #8) » Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:14 am

Post by Jex »

Lol...I definitely see it! Korlash = scum because he threw kabenon off a cliff. But he didn't succeed. Apparently he's a new initiate into the mafia. :lol:

As for me...still plugging away on those papers and just wanted to say I'm alive and still reading. I'll add more after this week is over I promise!
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (isolation #9) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:05 am

Post by Jex »

I'm alive. Now that finals are over I'll work on catching up.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (isolation #10) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:30 am

Post by Jex »

These are my thoughts as I did a complete read through. Many have been brought up, but this is what I found as I read.

Offthemark: doesn't seem to add much more than a few votes to the entire debate of the plan. His comments tend to come out of nowhere and have nothing to do with the current discussion. For example, his post 247 throws an poorly explained vote on to Zhao, but he doesn't add anything to the roleblocker discussion that is happening around him. Simple one liner to seem active. Also, his list of trusted players is awfully large for a day 1. Maybe it's just me, but I feel that everyone is guilty until proven innocent in a game of mafia. However, OTM points out the 3 with the least amount of posts as scummy, while trusting everyone else. His large post 273 (the first to me that has real content) simply states "I trust everyone that is talking." This big post doesn't come until people start throwing suspicion on him. Does he have something to prove? Also, he seems to throw his vote around a lot. He jumped from wagon to wagon in the early game. Now, he states how strongly he feels that Thanatos is scum, yet suddenly switches to sensfan with a less than satisfactory reason.

drunken piper: comes out as a townie even though korlash has already done that. Why the need to say you are powerless?

Thanatos: post 283 vote jumping to OTM irks me. I don't understand why the sudden change of vote simply because phate jumped on the wagon. In post 308 he claims that he doesn't trust phate or OTM. He states that either one is scum or both for reasons unstated.

panzer: I really don't know what to think of. I thought his inactivity was due to recently replacing, but I don't understand the point of some of his recent posts. I don't believe that anyone can metagame based off of one game as scum. In order to truly find someones scum tells you have to see many games that they've played on both sides, not just one game. I don't like the panzer vs OTM "please look at our past game to see proof"arguments. We should have to work to prove you are innocent, that's your job as a player.

People I see as somewhat scummy:
Offthemark
Thanatos
Panzer
DrunkenPiper

Now that I've reread the whole thread, I want to go back and look at the individuals listed above. For now...I can't read anymore :oops:
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (isolation #11) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:34 pm

Post by Jex »

Sorry guys...I'm just not able to keep up with this game anymore with everything going on. I dread asking for a replacement because this will be my first time. Much apologies.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”