Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:05 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 599, Prism wrote:while making sure to keep pushing Gamma
Bit of a shortcut of a characterization, he definitely seemed to be open to future change but also reaffirmed his choice of vote.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:00 pm

Post by nn30 »

In post 597, Gamma Emerald wrote:Willing to move your vote if there is significant resistance
Hi, willing to please scum!
That's twice now that you've responded to a case on you with a one liner.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:32 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 601, nn30 wrote:
In post 597, Gamma Emerald wrote:Willing to move your vote if there is significant resistance
Hi, willing to please scum!
That's twice now that you've responded to a case on you with a one liner.
It's not his case on me I'm responding to.
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:33 pm

Post by nn30 »

*sigh*
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:39 pm

Post by Grendel »

VOTE: Penguin

I'm back on Penguin. Not feeling enough conviction for a Gamma lynch, mainly because many reasons I'd normally scum read somebody are not effective for reading him. While things like him using my own case against Penguin bothered me, I've seen him sheep other peoples cases as town with out a shred of original thought. Him struggling to explain his read on me beyond a previous game also bugs me, but Gamma generally seems to struggle with explaining himself, which is mostly likely why he endorses what others say as his own. While Penguin gave me some town vibes with his reactions that's all I saw coming from his slot that hit my town radar.

The way that Dier has been posting has been weirding me out a bit. I know that I'm Ob!town to some people who know me well enough, and that I may have instigated it further by my friendly attitude towards him, but Deir is being very defensive of me. I can't tell which fractional intent this is more likely to come from. If we were strangers I'd say its kinda scummy, but we aren't so...

@LUV
Lets chat a bit:
How do you feel about the two leading wagons, as well as the individuals on them?
And if this were EoD which wagon would you join?
In this hypothetical situation where would you look next if the one you picked flipped scum? if they flipped town?

I want you to take more active stances. Your note taking, and your otherwise low key posting is not helping me get a hold on your alignment friend.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:42 pm

Post by nn30 »

@Dierfire - Your 595 seems fairly convincing to me. I'm also inclined to give more credit to your reads because you came in late - people who come in late get a better picture of what's happened before them.

I agree that Gamma's quick switch on PP in 481 felt hinky. I also agree

Also, this doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.
In post 570, Gamma Emerald wrote:
As for Dierfire, I think he is the most likely scum on PP's wagon.
His grouping of me and PP feels like throwing shade on us. This makes me think PP is town.
If Dier flips town I'll reconsider my PP read.
The fact that another player (Dierfire) is grouping the two of you together should have no bearing on your read of PP. Doing so is engaging in a logical fallacy.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:44 pm

Post by nn30 »

"I also agree" - typo. Shouldn't be there.

I'm fine with either a PP or Gamma wagon, though I'm more on Gamma obviously.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:46 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 582, eagerSnake wrote:
In post 579, Zoronos wrote:The dichotomy between Boring and Maria here is interesting; Maria is hard to sort because she is content light (apparently purposefully), and Boring is hard to sort because some of her content makes me go "Yup, that's scummy def" and some is "Well, that is pretty darn reasonable".
Throw Grendel in there and lol
You suspensions of me actually strength my town read on you. The Scum!Eager I played with was totally okay with being a strong tr of mine. Your paranoia here makes me all the more sure you are town.

I mean, if you
are
scum you a mighty fine actor lol.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:48 pm

Post by Prism »

I get the desire for Gamma but I don't really get the desire for Penguin over at least half the game.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:50 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

We should definitely lynch Gamma. Not me.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:52 pm

Post by nn30 »

@Prism - expand on your lack of desire on Penguin please.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:53 pm

Post by boring »

In post 607, Grendel wrote:
In post 579, Zoronos wrote:The dichotomy between Boring and Maria here is interesting; Maria is hard to sort because she is content light (apparently purposefully), and Boring is hard to sort because some of her content makes me go "Yup, that's scummy def" and some is "Well, that is pretty darn reasonable".
You suspensions of me actually strength my town read on you. The Scum!Eager I played with was totally okay with being a strong tr of mine. Your paranoia here makes me all the more sure you are town.

I mean, if you
are
Does this seem uncomfortable to anyone else?
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:55 pm

Post by nn30 »

In post 611, boring wrote:

I mean, if you
are
The grammar does, sure.

The logic doesn't.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:57 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 610, nn30 wrote:@Prism - expand on your lack of desire on Penguin please.
Do you have any questions not answered in the above two posts?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:59 pm

Post by Prism »

I don't think Penguin is undeinably rocksolid town but comparing him to people like Implosion, boring, LUV, Gamma, Maria, or even Grendel he might as well be the Pope.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:00 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 605, nn30 wrote:@Dierfire - Your 595 seems fairly convincing to me. I'm also inclined to give more credit to your reads because you came in late - people who come in late get a better picture of what's happened before them.

I agree that Gamma's quick switch on PP in 481 felt hinky. I also agree

Also, this doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.
In post 570, Gamma Emerald wrote:
As for Dierfire, I think he is the most likely scum on PP's wagon.
His grouping of me and PP feels like throwing shade on us. This makes me think PP is town.
If Dier flips town I'll reconsider my PP read.
The fact that another player (Dierfire) is grouping the two of you together should have no bearing on your read of PP. Doing so is engaging in a logical fallacy.
Me and PP were going at it with each other for a bit, in a way I can't see as distancing. This makes me think Dier is making things up to cast shade on us, meaning PP would be town.
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:03 pm

Post by boring »

In post 609, PenguinPower wrote:We should definitely lynch Gamma. Not me.
I'm having a hard time understanding why people hopped off this wagon.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:04 pm

Post by nn30 »

In post 614, Prism wrote:I don't think Penguin is undeinably rocksolid town but comparing him to people like Implosion, boring, LUV, Gamma, Maria, or even Grendel he might as well be the Pope.
I presume you've listed people who feel scummy.

If there are that many people on your scum list, you're doing something wrong.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:05 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Also, as I said, Dier made a really sketchy escape route to vote anyone else.
<Embrace The Void>

Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:05 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 579, Zoronos wrote: I believe that Grendel is town, and have said that a couple times now. I think most of his questions are bad and his lines of inquiry (prior to today. I really haven't taken the time yet to process the stuff that has happened today) betray a lack of knowledge about what behaviors are actually scummy. His beliefs, whoever wrong or poorly guided, seems sincerely held however. He's trying to solve the game, or at least giving a damn good impression that he's trying to do so. That says townish to me.
One thing that stands out to me is that he seems to think calling something wrong and calling something scummy are one and the same. Which is not true, but it is an indication that he very much wants to be taken seriously and have his views respected.
Those are some pretty big generalizations to make about my play style. I do tend to view people who are consistently incorrect, as more likely to be scum then somebody consistently correct. Just like I recognize that not all liars are scum, but
generally speaking
scum are more likely to lie. I guess its a bit of an unfair comparison since town is more likely to be incorrect on pre lynched town, or scum then they are to flat out lie. But its that best I can do. Its more like, "Are they being wrong in a deceitful way? or do they back track when they are wrong?" stuff like that. Ultimately nothing is set in stone, sometimes some OB!town can be super off base, in that instance I wouldn't assume their scum because a lot of their other actions don't add up to being deceitful.

But enough about me

How interested are you on joining the Penguin wagon currently?

predit
boring wrote:

I mean, if you
are
Why and to what extent?

I noticed how Eager wasn't content for me to scratch him behind the ears with a town read this game and thought it was townish. And decided to mention it while it was still on my mind.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:07 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 616, boring wrote:
In post 609, PenguinPower wrote:We should definitely lynch Gamma. Not me.
I'm having a hard time understanding why people hopped off this wagon.
Because it's sub-optimal to lynch town.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:09 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 617, nn30 wrote:I presume you've listed people who feel scummy.

If there are that many people on your scum list, you're doing something wrong.
Can you state why Penguin is a better vote than any of the names I just listed?

P-edit: Penguin not really helping my case or his by playing up the frustration but amuse me anyway.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:12 pm

Post by boring »

In post 614, Prism wrote:I don't think Penguin is undeinably rocksolid town but comparing him to people like Implosion, boring, LUV, Gamma, Maria, or even Grendel he might as well be the Pope.
How on earth is PP less scummy than me? Do you have any decent reasons? Or is it just that I actually bothered to elaborate on my Zoro read like ten pages ago?

Either way, it's lovely to know that someone who apparently exists solely to swipe at low-hanging fruit is totally cool with you.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:21 pm

Post by boring »

In post 619, Grendel wrote:
boring wrote:

I mean, if you
are
Why and to what extent?

I noticed how Eager wasn't content for me to scratch him behind the ears with a town read this game and thought it was townish. And decided to mention it while it was still on my mind.
It read to me like "greetings, fellow town-player. You are definitely town, and not scum. I am also not scum. You can see it clearly printed on my nametag. I will now go and do town things. Because I'm town."

I was open to the idea that I'm just being paranoid, which is why I opened the floor, rather than just sticking it into my notes.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:23 pm

Post by Grendel »

@Prism
So Penguin is a stronger town read then six people just because you liked his original reaction to his wagon?

What worse is that you are assuming that Penguin isn't matching his scum game based off the opinion of
your top scum read
!

It was Implosion who said that this game isn't reflecting his experience with Scum!Penguin. :?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”