Survivor Mafiascum Rankdown (Properly Dead. Leave it dead)

This subforum is for additional threads for
ongoing
Mish Mash games. If a game has multiple active threads at once, all but the first one should be made in this forum.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:33 am

Post by DeathNote »

no u
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:50 am

Post by MattP »

Haha yeah
SlappyKrust
CuddlyCaucasian
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
Professor of Being a Dog

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:02 am

Post by CuddlyCaucasian »

334. Quinn (Bellaphant) - League of Legends (18th Place)

"Waiting to die is boring."

Quinn was a very fun, positive background character during her brief time in League of Legends. Early on, she and Dr. Mundo developed a very enjoyable dynamic, with her more game-focused mind balancing out his, uh, ECCENTRIC personality. She was in an alliance with Lulu, Nautilus, and Mundo, with Amumu/LeBlanc in her original tribe on the outs of it. She also had a side deal with Lulu and Teemo, which created an unstable power structure in the tribe, and her story would have benefited greatly from more chances to see that develop, but unfortunately, Ashe quits, cutting their Tribal Council short, and swapping Quinn onto a new tribe.

Unfortunately, Quinn was put in a pretty unwinnable situation, and it was depressing to watch. Her new tribe was composed of three members from each of the two original tribes of ten. For anyone who doesn't know, League of Legends used the secret pairs twist, where at the start of the game, ten pairs were randomly determined, each containing a member of one of the original tribes of ten. The pairs could all talk privately, and if they got to the end together they could win together. So for the first swap, all the pairs were intentionally kept apart as not to give people an advantage by being placed on a tribe of six already knowing someone from the other tribe and having incentive to work with them... except for Shaco and Malphite. Quinn was put on a tribe with someone from her original tribe was probably on track to be voted out next from the tribe, and that person had no reason not to flip over to work with his secret partner. It was pretty funny to watch LeBlanc throw Quinn under the bus only to be voted out immediately after, but mostly it was just sad.

The one entertaining thing to come out of Quinn on the swapped tribe is that she flat out told Malphite she didn't trust him for no reason, and her boot was the major catalyst for Malphite to become an emotional dictator for the rest of the pre-merge, and then through the early merge leading up to his ouster, but not much of this can be attributed to Quinn herself.
"CC is very [whatever the equivalent of photogenic as it applies to videos]" - racefan12

"CC is an objectively attractive person." - Crazy

"You look like a happy version of Trent Reznor." - LicketyQuickety

"Do you practice sounding like you're high all the time?" - xofelf
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:09 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Ahaha the worst timed pm I ever sent. Two pms crossed in the air: my joke about malphite telling us we were going to win the immunity challenge 'you lied to me!!' and malph's 'I hear you don't trust me, why is that?' I wouldn't believe it if it was in a story, but is 100% true.

Also, a lot of ^ is kinder than quinn deserved. But thank you :D
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:17 am

Post by BROseidon »

The Quinn boot had me and reck sending so many pms to each other for what should have been a fairly routine decision. And it made him almost blindside me
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:34 am

Post by Shadoweh »

I suspect that if we had booted LeBlanc instead of Quinn and gave her enough time to be cute the next boot would have been you. :P
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:39 am

Post by BROseidon »

Yeah that's actually plausible, although we all also knew that Quinn was a big threat
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:58 pm

Post by MattP »

I don't think malph or jarvan would have "given in" and worked with Bella. Jarvan was very straight shooter and loyal to the people he promised which were malph and noc, and malph definitely rathered alliances with people he felt he could incubate and Quinn was not that type of player. Noc could have gone along with it but that wouldn't have been enough. Plenty of other players in the game would have but they were on different tribes. Quinn was swap screwed
SlappyKrust
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:16 pm

Post by BROseidon »

No, Malph and Noct might, have, though.
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:35 pm

Post by MattP »

Malph basically had you around his finger (and he def knew it), unless he was going to fuck noc (which i doubt) i dont think he was going to start working with quinn
SlappyKrust
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:26 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Malph was the one who first proposed blindsiding me!
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:27 pm

Post by BROseidon »

But yes, I was playing "ride Malphite's coattails until the last odd-number before FTC" strategy.

Which was on track to blow up in my face because of 2 very bad assumptions.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:28 pm

Post by Cephrir »

333. Red Hood (beastcharizard) - Conclave

"People should learn not to piss off the guy with the gun."

Red Hood does have a fun little story, if a short one. He enters the game with a vendetta against Robin because their characters are enemies (sound familiar?) but fortunately this doesn't matter. He apparently managed to make a final two deal with Two-Face about as soon as the game started and didn't seem to think that this would ever change and that Two-Face was just randomly agreeing to serve him?

Anyway, he switches his loyalty to Queen Bee pretty quickly and is rewarded as the tribe keeps him over Black Manta and his instant alliance. Red Hood's confessional just reeks of arrogance in an obviously over the top way that is pretty funny, featuring such gems as "Well I originally didn't like Queen Bee for attempting to take my leadership role but I am now content to share it." and "Apparently Mantra is trying to form an alliance without me. Bad move considering I am pulling my weight and his during this challenge."

Anyway, he's the first voted out of Penumbra for not being social. Probably could have been a fun train wreck if he lasted longer.
Last edited by Cephrir on Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:11 pm

Post by Crazy »

332. Fresh Fig (Gale Wing Srock) - Pretty Super Vanilla

"I really hope that the Blue Bells see me as their sixth member and take me to the merge. I am sure that I would vote with them, because the other tribes are just sitting ducks right now."

Fresh Fig was a particuarly harmless UTRP newbie who never managed to get any solid grip in the game. He attended fewer TCs than most other players, and only narrowly survived his first TC, when Raspberry was eliminated.

By the time his second TC rolled around, Fresh Fig was on a tribe with 3/5 original Blue Bells (Orange, Mint, and Huck). Fresh Fig wanted to be the unofficial 6th member of the Blue Bell tribe, although he made the mistake of telling them that he "just wanted to make it to the jury." This comment was taken out of proportion and it was concluded that Fresh Fig was too untrustworthy to take to the jury phase, even though Fresh Fig was essentially harmless and very loyal to the Blue Bells.
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:22 pm

Post by xofelf »

We talked post game and realized that what he was trying to say to me and what he did say and I understood were ENTIRELY DIFFERENT THINGS. He said to me in a PM that he wanted in my alliance. And I was like, "uhhh I can't really say sure be in this group alliance where only one of those people is even here right now." what he was TRYING to say to me was "hey, i will be your vote machine if you keep me." Oops.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:33 pm

Post by Klick »

331. Clara Oswald (PrivateI) - Doctor Who

"What the heck, I'm in Europe, why not have a lot of fun, take some risks, and win Survivor: Doctor Who?"

Clara was a member of the trainwreck that was Sontaran. She was in arguably the best spot on the tribe for its duration, forming a strong alliance with Amy and Nefertiti while avoiding the negative attention those two got from being dominant personalities. However, upon a swap Clara's game crumbled because she lost activity, and her closest ally Amy blew up both of their games by meddling in time travel. She quit the game due to IRL circumstances during a shipwreck, messing up the subsequent tribe swap in the process.

Clara was fun and lively in conversation, but with one exception, her confessional was never posted in after the first two days. Clara had great potential as a character, but her inactivity and her allies' incompetence puts her here.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:39 pm

Post by xofelf »

To be fair, without Clara/Amy, I never would have touched time travel either. But yessss, the Jesssstersssss tribe thankssss you from the bottom of our heartsssss for how that tribe sssswap went.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
CuddlyCaucasian
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
Professor of Being a Dog

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:20 pm

Post by CuddlyCaucasian »

I think Clara was an integral part of shaping Doctor Who to be the time travel clusterfuck that it was, but that was primarily through her relationship with Amy, the person who deserves most of that credit.
"CC is very [whatever the equivalent of photogenic as it applies to videos]" - racefan12

"CC is an objectively attractive person." - Crazy

"You look like a happy version of Trent Reznor." - LicketyQuickety

"Do you practice sounding like you're high all the time?" - xofelf
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:26 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

I think we can blame Nefertiti's internet connection.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:45 pm

Post by xofelf »

That's the real villain of that game.
JDGA
JDGA
Goon
JDGA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:31 pm

Post by JDGA »

In post 893, Cheery Dog wrote:I think we can blame Nefertiti's internet connection.
;_;
To be fair I have glorious NBN now
But moving out of college right at the time of the tribeswap made things
fun
~
Fickle, cold and harsh or caring and warm
Strongly opinionated or barely invested, but a constant
You know the wind will always come back.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:24 am

Post by Papa Zito »

In post 890, Klick wrote:Clara was a member of the trainwreck that was Sontaran.
whoa I protest that was dabes starter tribe ever
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:29 am

Post by Flameaxe »

SONTAR HA
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:30 am

Post by Papa Zito »

In post 897, Flameaxe wrote:SONTAR HA
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:31 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Monty quitting and screwing up the tribes did give us the 404 avatar not found avatar

So that's worth it

PEDIT: I'm proud of that still
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~

Return to “Frogstar World B”