BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5583 (isolation #0) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:53 am

Post by BlackVoid »

Hi! I can confirm that I'm town. I don't know if I'll be able to read over two-hundred pages and I've no idea what made me want to replace in but it was a lazy Saturday afternoon, I was bored, browsed the replacement requests and wanted to do something crazy.

Going to try my best to actually solve this and get it right.

So Vedith, why should I be voting Shadow?
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5587 (isolation #1) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:42 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

I'll read day ten since you guys are insisting on it. But I'm more interested in how you played when other scum were still alive and getting wagoned so I'm trying to look for critical points where known scum were wagoned (Radical Rat on day one is where I'm currently at).

Besides that, does anyone have a complete list of night actions? Who was elected warden each night from each nation and how they used their role and their results? Before I look through the day game, I want to see if there are any inconsistencies wrt the night actions.

I also want to hear your subjective opinions on why each of the scum were lynched and how influential you thought you were in those lynches. Were they lynched because of results or because someone had a scumread and pushed hard on it for instance?
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5590 (isolation #2) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:03 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

Yeah, I read about the warden mechanic. But clarify the timeline for me: is the warden chosen during the day or the night? If the voting is anonymous, when do you find out that you were chosen?

If you were to motivate the cop, then this needs to be co-ordinated between two different nations by one nation making you the warden and another making the cop the warden?

What happened? Did the cop get two results? (I'm assuming you are referring to Mathblade's slot here)
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5593 (isolation #3) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:51 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

In post 5588, Shadow_step wrote:See, let me make this easy for you. My role is a two shot motivator and I motivated a confirmed town cop voluntarily so that they can have two investigations in one day.
Do you think I would do that as scum?
Scum don't have any blocking role or godfather to counter the cop so it would be a death wish to do it as scum.
Just to be clear, you didn't actually do this, your predecessor (Foxbeebirdboy) did it during D1?
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5597 (isolation #4) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:23 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

@Shadow, can you address Vedith's ? The mod did say in thread that the nation can still have a warden the night after the third member of the nation is lynched. How would he confirmed to you that there could be no warden last night?
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5599 (isolation #5) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:14 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

It's not about you reading every post. You said "I asked the mod who confirmed that there could be no warden last night."

How can that be true in light of the mod saying there still can be a warden?
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5624 (isolation #6) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:33 am

Post by BlackVoid »

In post 5601, Shadow_step wrote:I didn't ask the mod, I was just assuming there couldn't be warden last night.
If this is the case, why did you say that you asked the mod and the mod confirmed to you that there couldn't be a warden?

I was actually leaning towards you being town earlier but I need this answered.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5627 (isolation #7) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:59 am

Post by BlackVoid »

I managed to read all of Vedith's ISO and skim Foxbeebirdboy's ISO because it's so long. Honestly, the difference is jarring and not in a way that you'd normally expect. Vedith has been pushing scum for most of the game, going so far as to tie Cakez and 100% Ego together as well as arguing that Cakez and TBB are scum together. He has an immense confidence that they'll flip scum, often with little to no reasoning which looks really good on the surface. The thing is Vedith, I doubt that you legitimately thought TBB was hard-defending Cakez. I find it really hard to buy that you found an interactive tell between 100% Ego and Cakez. There's nothing there and you seemingly out of thin air claimed that 100% and Cakez are partners. It reads to me more like you
knew
they were partners. Then there's Cakez's absurd tunneling on Vedith based on no reasoning which reads more as a bus/distancing move rather than him thinking he could push a town player and get away with it. Vedith's reads look good but based on what I've seen of his reasoning, they look too-good-to-be-true i.e. informed.

On the other hand, I'd be stunned if Foxbeebirdboy managed to play the way they did as scum. Their reads and stances look uninformed and at a lot of critical points, they looked like they were honestly scumhunting and trying to figure out the game. I really don't understand why Shadow_step would lie about the mod confirming something to them that they didn't, but otherwise, I don't have an issue with his posting. Moreover, the fact that my predecessor was brought to lynch or lose as confirmed town is a pretty damn good reason to vote the opposite way.

I'm not ready to vote before doing a more thorough reading and doing justice to this months-long game but that's where I'm currently at.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5628 (isolation #8) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:12 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

Skimmed the rest of the game super fast. Can't see myself changing my mind. Vedith's reaction to Luna Fox's guilty was almost as if he didn't believe it and was trying to absolve himself of responsibility. A quarter of Vedith's posting has been during this lylo. He looks like scum that isn't entirely comfortable being active and scumhunting so has low content but whatever content he has posted has been to push his partners because he wouldn't need to step on any toes or be implicated. That's a much more likely explanation than being town uninvolved with the game somehow magically finding associative tells between two flipped scum. I also don't find the Cakez/TBB connection to be something Vedith honestly believed in. Cakez's tunneling of Vedith also smacks of an informed perspective and the way he was pushing both Vedith and Radical Rat looks like he knew what they were flipping. If Foxbeebirdboy was somehow scum, hats off to them for tricking an impartial observer like me. That's got to be hard. But I think I've made up my mind. Apologies if this is wrong especially for the other two people who seemed to have responded to this replacement request.

VOTE: Vedith
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5670 (isolation #9) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:30 am

Post by BlackVoid »

Thanks for the game asoiaf. The "last will" mechanic is awesome and I'd love to see it be incorporated into more games. It certainly creates a more interesting dynamic especially with the last wills of nightkilled players. Do they still get investigation results if they die that night i.e. can a cop post results in a last will? Even if not, it's still a good way to compose everything you want the town to hear such as previous results and read changes based on flips. Btw, is the nightkilled player informed that they have been killed and have time to write it out or do they need to be pre-written? Game seems slightly townsided overall but not by much.

Playwise, I thought rb had pretty accurate reads early on and Foxbeebirdboy played very transparently and Shadow_step too. Glad I could solve the game. I've always wanted to see if I'd make the right decision if I have all game information available. Sorry about stealing your replacement slot mhsmith0.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”