podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:20 am

Post by podoboq »

Official Vote Count 1.13
LynchingWith 13 votes in play, it takes 7 to lynch.

PenguinPower
(3): Shadow_step, boring, Dierfire
Gamma Emerald
(3): implosion, PenguinPower, nn30
boring
(2): eagerSnake, Prism
DierFire
(1): Gamma Emerald

Not Voting
(4): Zoronos, Lil Uzi Vert, Grendel, MariaR

V/LA
: Gamma Emerald

Deadline
: (expired on 2016-10-18 15:22:00)
Last edited by podoboq on Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:52 am, edited 4 times in total.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:06 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 549, nn30 wrote:
In post 547, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 543, nn30 wrote:To add on - the reason his stating so many town tells feels scummy is that scum already know who town is - they have perfect information - what better way to gain cred with the town than "reading" their play and letting them know that he thinks they're town?
This case is bs
Instead of reacting to the whole case you chose to react to a single part of it which, on it's own, would indeed be a BS case.

That's why cases are made up of multiple pieces.

More Gamma votes please.
I'm sorry I have less time to read than I like.
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:15 am

Post by nn30 »

In post 551, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 549, nn30 wrote:
In post 543, nn30 wrote:To add on - the reason his stating so many town tells feels scummy is that scum already know who town is - they have perfect information - what better way to gain cred with the town than "reading" their play and letting them know that he thinks they're town?
This case is bs
Instead of reacting to the whole case you chose to react to a single part of it which, on it's own, would indeed be a BS case.

More Gamma votes please.
Yet you have time to post two replies to me...
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:18 am

Post by Shadow_step »

I agree that Gamma's read progression is weird.
Show
The shadows betray you, because they serve me.

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:21 am

Post by Shadow_step »

Wouldn't want to be on a wagon with PP though.
Show
The shadows betray you, because they serve me.

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:29 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 552, nn30 wrote:
In post 551, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 549, nn30 wrote:
This case is bs

More Gamma votes please.
Yet you have time to post two replies to me...
And barely that.
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:30 am

Post by nn30 »

Now 3.

Yep. Totes buying the "I don't have time" defense. /s
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:31 am

Post by nn30 »

When you do have time I'd like to hear your defense of my case.
Zoronos
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:58 am

Post by Zoronos »

NN / eager, I am going to be away from a computer until later tonight, so I cant really respond at proper length.
Have family in town at the moment and I want to respond more thoroughly than my phone will allow.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:26 am

Post by nn30 »

@Zoro - sounds good fam.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:22 am

Post by implosion »

I'm feeling pretty lazy right now (just got back from trip) so i'm mostly gonna skim the last (many) pages.
Game with PP for whoever asked.
Grendel wrote:In your last game with him, how much ‘ethos’ did you carry? E.i. would it have been scary for Scum!Pengiun to 1v1 you in that situation?
It was a newbie and I was the IC but there was a decent amount of vaguely-directed pressure on me throughout the game. I was never really considered strongly town except by like one person.
I don't really make much of him not answering the questions then answering them later. I mean it could be scum trying to fit in but -shrug- scum feeling the need to fit in aren't usually going to say explicitly "well everyone else is doing it." I can see it as that but also as just him being disinterested in RQS and then seeing people answering the questions and being like oh well why not i guess.

PP 431-433
PP's entire page 18 also reads town... textbook annoyed town. Doesn't read at all to me as scum giving up. Continuing to give opinions and reads but clearly disgruntled.
Grendel wrote:Does anybody have some hypothetical scum teams cooked up?

I can't I.D. third scum for my scum team and want to hear some interactions people may have caught between people.
This is such a deeply counterproductive way to look at the game on d1. Seriously. Even assuming 3:10 you have about a half a percent chance to correctly guess a 3-player scumteam. There's absolutely no reason to think about entire scumteams on day one. It just clouds judgment on individual players.
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:26 am

Post by eagerSnake »

@Gamma
why is Dierfire scum?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:44 am

Post by implosion »

boring wrote:PenguinPower - Bad votes, reactions lack a feeling of authenticity, posts lacking substance, and dismissive in a way that I only see with scum.
I think I felt a visceral lack of genuineness in PP's reactions in the other game I played with him. I feel none of that here.

485 is possibly a sign of gamma-town (the first sentence); i'll need to think over it more. Not enough atm to outweigh other things.

I think the PP and Gamma wagons are probably both pretty telling. Or they will be on future days, more accurately.

I'm tempted to throw boring into my scumpile for reasons that I'm not sure have merit. 3rd vote on what I suspect is a wagon on pp-town where i suspect the first two votes are also from town, and her reads list. It feels somewhat forced or like she's posting it for the sake of having posted it. It also feels like the reads themselves make a lot of sense from scum; the top several players are all my more confident townreads, so it's consistent with my view of the game that she'd have sprinkled her scumbuddies near the middle. Although again I don't want to put too much stock in that since it's dependent on reads of other players. Calling PP "dismissive in a way I only see with scum" is just weird. I see that kind of dismissiveness so much with experienced town players who feel like they're dealing with newbies and PP's dismissiveness looks pretty much identical to that to me; the way she qualifies it as "only in scum" sounds like it might not be accurate because of that.

I want to call Maria town but that's entirely gut that I'll probably try to substantiate later.

That mostly just leaves LUV, dierfire and prism to sort.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:45 am

Post by implosion »

And boring I guess. I'm interested in other opinions on her, particularly her reads list. It just feels off for some reason that I don't feel like I've fully qualified. Maybe that it's too finely sorted for this stage in the game. Idk.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:14 pm

Post by nn30 »

@implosion - Boring's read list felt hinky to me as well.

What are your thoughts on Gamma / Zoro / Shadow?

I'm particularly interested in why you think Shadow is Town (as your 562 implies).
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:26 pm

Post by implosion »

Lots of reasons for townreading shadow. In no particular order, looks genuine, I like his early commentary on eagersnake's claim (he comes off looking like unsure town), sarcasm is i think a slight towntell, his votes on LUV and Penguin feel like they're aggressive and pushing the game forward and taking stances in a way that has obvious town motivation and puts him in the limelight if he's scum, his re-vote and "flail scum flail" around the pp fakehammer look townish. The votes are probably the strongest reason among those. It feels like he's actually trying to accomplish things and get the game moving with his votes rather than voting to blend in.

Gamma still in my scumpile. 485 is essentially an inkling of looking like he has an actual internal set of opinions on how scummy everyone in the game is (the lack thereof being one of my problems with him, which I've mentioned) but like I said it isn't enough to outweigh the things I find scummy from him.

Zoronos read hasn't changed much I think (still I'd say weak town)
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:51 pm

Post by nn30 »

@Shadow - who are your scum reads?
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:00 pm

Post by eagerSnake »

In post 550, podoboq wrote:Not Voting (5): Zoronos, Slandaar, Lil Uzi Vert, Grendel, MariaR
You guys should be voting someone... you can't say you find
nothing
suspicious so far
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:03 pm

Post by eagerSnake »

Zoronos, Slandaar, Lil Uzi Vert, Grendel, MariaR

Who do you think is suspicious and why (2 points)
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:10 pm

Post by Grendel »

page 18 has me doubting my initial scum read on Penguin. Interactions felt town. Also part of the reason I unvoted Penguin in the first place.

My interactions with Gamma didn't feel good at all. He kept giving lazy answers to my questions, and used my argument on Penguin as reason for voting that slot.

Trouble is that Gamma keeps bumping his game threshold up so I don't know if this lack of effort in producing original content is due to being in too many games, or if its actually AI for him.

I should decide were to vote later tonight.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:23 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I see most of NN30's case is my read on Shadow.
My read changed after my review of PP's wagon. I didn't find his vote particularly scummy.
As for Dierfire, I think he is the most likely scum on PP's wagon. His grouping of me and PP feels like throwing shade on us. This makes me think PP is town. If Dier flips town I'll reconsider my PP read.
As for NN30's statement that I out scumreads as town:
1) my only completed scumgame had me outing my scumreads quite a bit Day 1.
2) I've seen indication that outing townreads is antitown, and even held that philosophy for a bit. So yes, I'll admit my play was antitown. I do not consider it scummy however.
Finally, about my current state:
I'm V/LA at DisneyWorld for a few days due to having to spend time with family. I notified the mod via PM, but they never put that in apparently. I hope to be back to normal by Tuesday.
<Embrace The Void>

Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:42 pm

Post by Grendel »

This is hard.

I'm beginning to wonder if I should look outside of these two for a bit.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:00 pm

Post by boring »

Anyone want to point out exactly what they dislike about my list? I know implosion seems to disagree with my opinion regarding PP. Feel free to argue for or against my scum and town leans.

I'll be less active until Wednesday or Thursday because real life, but I'll probably be able to pop in once a day, on my phone at least, to keep up and share thoughts.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:18 pm

Post by Grendel »

I guess I'm not reaching a conclusion tonight.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:43 pm

Post by podoboq »

In post 570, Gamma Emerald wrote:I notified the mod via PM, but they never put that in apparently.
I'll add this to vote counts in the future.

I still ask that you announce V/LA in thread during the day, but a notification via PM I still respect, and will make sure to announce it via inclusion in my vote counts.
Last edited by podoboq on Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”