Let's Beef Up Bodyguard!

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #80 (isolation #0) » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:32 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

I'm a huge fan of slight modifications to roles, but, you've got to not overdo it. Balance can probably be better established by altering the setup / role composition rather than applying too many tweaks to roles. It can become a messy slippery slope, and moderators should strive for simplicity wherever it can be used to achieve the same thing as something more complex, even in the most complex of setups.

You want to beef up bodyguard? Maybe just give the game 2 bodyguards? Have roles with day-kill abilities? Allow the BG to target a player Day or Night and let them stop vig. shots / other DKs.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #82 (isolation #1) » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:12 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

Well, and I think it's been said (if not directly), if a player is BG and doesn't use their role, I don't think they understand the role or game to a degree?

It's a team game. A bodyguard puts themself on the line for someone they think is more useful than they are (pretty much anyone that isn't playing a worse town game than you are / that you aren't scum-reading in any light.) If you can't find motivation there, then I think you're selfish and anti-town, or misunderstand the role.

I think it is a BG's job to play heavy-town. Never be a NK target (for town or scum), and lay out tons of reads and hope to die a good death.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #85 (isolation #2) » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:52 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

You are (possibly) devaluing the individual player by simply dismissing the VT player as worthless simply based on their role. A strong VT player playing a good game can be dangerous to scum and a great idea for a BG to guard (and scum to kill if they have no other leads), especially considering you probably don't know they are VT. At that point it's simply up to the BG to judge if their individual play-skill currently/potentially in that game outweighs their considered target and decide to guard or not.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #86 (isolation #3) » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:56 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

I don't think I'd hold it against a guard for not using their ability, but, I think it's a bit silly too. If there's a guard in the game, there's likely a stronger PR, and I'd be spending a good amount of time trying to decide who is likely to have a PR.

Speaking of which, do people breadcrumb around here much?
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #88 (isolation #4) » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:26 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

Yep, I think that was good advice too. (:
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #90 (isolation #5) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:03 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

bodyguard is not an information gathering role though
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #92 (isolation #6) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:25 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

that's when a player becomes a PL because they are a town liability as town and it's pro-town to kill the townie no matter the read cause you know they're going to fuck with stuff

and then it stops happening because they change or they go away because they get that you don't like to play with them

Return to “Mafia Discussion”