Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (isolation #0) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:42 am

Post by Shadow_step »

Day 1 was awful for me, it is no matter what alignment I am. All the better players got the PRs hmm, that kinda sucked.

Also whoever verified this setup for balance needs a head check. Way too town sided IMO. Esp with ascetic claiming day 1.
We didn't even have day talk btw
Show
The shadows betray you, because they serve me.

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (isolation #1) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:44 am

Post by Shadow_step »

IAI, I decided to kill you because

Spoiler:
I heavily suspected you had a PR
Show

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (isolation #2) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:47 am

Post by Shadow_step »

We need 2 more mislynches to win, shouldn't be too difficult IMO
Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (isolation #3) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:17 am

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 65, MariaR wrote:Wow my town game sucks more then I thought!
You were fine, I quite honestly didn't get why you were being suspected :P
Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (isolation #4) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:20 am

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 67, JarJarDrinks wrote:Thought shadow saying he thinks 2 town mislynches wont be difficult makes me think that read is wrong.
I am allowed to mess with you remember ? :P
Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (isolation #5) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:25 am

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 69, chilledtea wrote:
In post 62, Shadow_step wrote:Day 1 was awful for me, it is no matter what alignment I am. All the better players got the PRs hmm, that kinda sucked.

Also whoever verified this setup for balance needs a head check. Way too town sided IMO. Esp with ascetic claiming day 1.
We didn't even have day talk btw
Obviously disagree with this. The ascetic almost got lynched. And still has a chance of getting lynched.

Both the town and scum had some great night actions. You guys might enjoy the Mod thread/Review thread after the end of the game.
Ascetic didn't get lynched because of their claim. It was because of Transcend's play.
Gunsmith gets only one false positive. Which is the big, who can easily town confirm himself by shooting. Gunsmith was as good as cop.
Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (isolation #6) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:30 am

Post by Shadow_step »

Vig *
Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (isolation #7) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:35 am

Post by Shadow_step »

3 innocent results are a lot CT.
Imagine having 3 innocent results on day 4. Even if all three lynches have been town and you have in no on 2/3 remaining townies. You have a pool of 4 out of which 3 are scum.
Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (isolation #8) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:36 am

Post by Shadow_step »

If titus was atleast a 2 shot RB, it would have been more balanced imo.
Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (isolation #9) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:43 am

Post by Shadow_step »

Then we should have at least had day talk :/
Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (isolation #10) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:51 am

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 80, MariaR wrote:Day talk is underrated imo but I still think scum should of had it.
Day talk is a lot of fun as mafia tbh, what Mafia is about essentially
chilledtea wrote:Look at the positives, 8 day phase for Days means theoretically it should be easier to lynch town. Although I never believed that personally.<br style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); "><br style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); ">IMO scum still has a chance and I think town has played really well up until now. Let's see how it goes. You played well on day 3 I thought. Kinda difficult to get out of that situation with the vig.
I leaned from the best (Maria) :P
Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (isolation #11) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:55 am

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 83, JarJarDrinks wrote:I think scum played pretty poorly and the fact that they still have a chance is evidence of game balance.
Spoiler:
we only have a chance because how poorly some of the town are playing
Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (isolation #12) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:57 am

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 85, MariaR wrote:My life goal of escaping a cop guilty was so close....Oooo now I need another scum game

Shadow be my scum buddy.
Sure, which game are you joining next ?
Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (isolation #13) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:59 am

Post by Shadow_step »

Absolutely.
I'll check the queue?
Maybe we can hydra sometime.
Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (isolation #14) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:26 am

Post by Shadow_step »

If I was the last remaining scum.
I'd kill in this order

Spoiler:
Giga
Nero

But my buddy will probably kill in this order

Spoiler:
Nero
Giga
Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (isolation #15) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:30 am

Post by Shadow_step »

Spoiler:
giga has one heck of a town game for a person who has just joined the site. I may have managed to fool her. But her approach to the game and content etc is very good. She will learn to develop reads better with more experience.
I'd give her town MVP right now.
Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (isolation #16) » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:29 am

Post by Shadow_step »

Lol a town bodyguard too
This game is a joke for balance.
Town have have so many PRs a vanilla cop is useless. There is no way my role survives massclaim because of the investigative power already. So the thing that VC can be used like a townie is BS
Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (isolation #17) » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:34 am

Post by Shadow_step »

I don't even care if we lose this now, town have too much power.
Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (isolation #18) » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:37 am

Post by Shadow_step »

My buddy should have targeted Giga yesterday :/
Mh you probably could have gotten lynched with your BG claim. I'm 100% sure nobody would have bought it.
Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (isolation #19) » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:50 am

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 106, mhsmith0 wrote:One of the big edges to scum in a normal game is that it's not an open setup, so they can fake claim (Maria can speak to this pretty effectively ;) ). That tactical option is a really big deal, especially in a setup where frankly most of the town power sucks. The vig can easily hit a town PR (it's a real down side to having a vig), the GS can get a fake guilty on a vig, and the tracker can get a fake inno on the vanilla cop.

Now, i don't know for sure that the last wolf is a goon, but balance wise I'd pretty much assume it to be the case. A mafia doctor would be REALLY unbalanced IMO given the general lack of town power, especially since it drastically nerfs the vig (1/3 chance of getting a mafia kill blocked by the doc IF he shoots mafia) and the gunsmith (false inno). That'd be way too much scum power against the limited town power. So it's probably just VC/goon/goon, and I guess that means likely elyse then?
BG is important as he gives a claimed PR another night and we cannot do anything about it.
Mafia VC really is a crap role. Imagine I get a not Vanilla night 1 and kill them night 3. So by now the Vig is cleared town and the tracker/gunsmith have two results if I killed the BG. Don't tell me that is balanced. That's a fucking joke.
Scum don't need investigative power, they need blocking power.
Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (isolation #20) » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:22 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 115, Titus wrote:Agreed.

It was unbalanced unless my team got mass cred.
Also, thor probably protected Nero n1. So if we had listened to you. JJD would have had a positive in me day 2. Nero with the vig guilty on me day 2 and IAI would have tracked you to the kill and only Thor dead.
Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (isolation #21) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:26 am

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 120, chilledtea wrote:How well do you think mafia played in comparison to town, to even have this argument of balance vs unbalanced? Lets not act like the night actions are the only thing that have helped the town be in this position. Their day game has helped them make great choices during night.
Tell me anything blitz did which was scummy pre claim.
I was just let's lynch blitz.

Tell me anything which I did which was scummy.
Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (isolation #22) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:50 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

Oh no, Karnos :/
Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (isolation #23) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:57 am

Post by Shadow_step »

What happens if town keep deciding to NL and scum keep deciding to no kill? lol
Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (isolation #24) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:30 am

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 144, chilledtea wrote:Not sure what the normal guidelines on this are. But scum would be kind of playing against their wincon by no-killing for several days.
Not really(?)
They are no killing so they have an easier day phase.

It's the same way scum bussing isn't playing against their win con.
Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (isolation #25) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:03 am

Post by Shadow_step »

I still think the best course of action is to kill
Spoiler:
giga
Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (isolation #26) » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:50 am

Post by Shadow_step »

Nah, its because that player's game solving skills >>> Nero
Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (isolation #27) » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:54 am

Post by Shadow_step »

And wifom don't forget the wifom

Spoiler:
generally in lylo/mylo people think more about Nk, why was this person killed and why was thus person not killed. That fact that Giga is hard town reading my buddy, it makes perfect sense for them to not kill Giga and take them to lylo/mylo. Hence killing Giga is the right thing. :P
Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (isolation #28) » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:59 am

Post by Shadow_step »

Yeah, but site meta is as Mafia kill the player who is most likely a threat to you the next day or the upcoming days.
Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (isolation #29) » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:09 am

Post by Shadow_step »

Zach did it in 649. Killed someone else over a cop cleared townie in mylo.

Also wifom is one of my favourite parts of being mafia.
Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (isolation #30) » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:12 am

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 155, mhsmith0 wrote:Wifom kills in MYLO/LYLO do happen though. Would be a bit annoying to eat a loss here, though in fairness it's not like I did all that much to earn to a win :P
JJ, Iai, Nero, Giga have played well overall.
But that's the thing as town. You are only as good as the VI. Town need to be able to tell the diff between mislynch baits and actual scum.
Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (isolation #31) » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:37 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 162, JarJarDrinks wrote:
In post 153, Shadow_step wrote:Nah, its because that player's game solving skills >>> Nero
Confused where you're getting this from.

While I think giga has done a good job of looking town after replacing into a very scummy slot, he didn't really want to vote for titus OR you. Nero's pushed u guys a ton.
Well he had a guilty on me and Titus was an easy push. Giga pushed Titus as well.
Like that hammer on Karnos was terribad from Nero. Even when Karnos was probably going to get lynched, he should have waited for his final thoughts.
Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (isolation #32) » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:48 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 164, mhsmith0 wrote:wait, there was a gunsmith guilty and thor didn't BG the gunsmith? umm...
JJ was gunsmith but didn't claim
But yeah he was an obvious BG target.
Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (isolation #33) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:13 am

Post by Shadow_step »

So what do you do as scum in lylo?
Vote right out of the gate, or vote second after some discussion or wait to cast the winning hammer?
Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (isolation #34) » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:02 am

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 189, JarJarDrinks wrote:
In post 179, JarJarDrinks wrote:I'd say elyse but I agree w/ IAI that she would have claimed her doc role if she was scum.
And to add to this:

Shadow wouldn't claim that scum-doc is vanilla cause if elyse ever flipped he'd be outed.

Elyse is confirmed town. Hopefully town realizes this.
If she is scum she would never flip by night kill obviously and she was largely townread and never going to get lynched so I as her scum buddy not claiming her to be vanilla because I would be fucked if she flips before me is a fallacy. That was never going to happen.
Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (isolation #35) » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:16 am

Post by Shadow_step »

You do realise the point of wifom and things which scum wouldn't do are exactly the kind of things that scum would do.
Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (isolation #36) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:06 am

Post by Shadow_step »

Have never scumputer, wth is it?
Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (isolation #37) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:11 am

Post by Shadow_step »

It is called conf bias mh ;)
Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (isolation #38) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:27 am

Post by Shadow_step »

I meant, giga is treading kraska already so my RVS vote seems to look like something scum won't do to a buddy. Oh well : P
Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (isolation #39) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:39 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

@CT you don't really need to lock the maf chat when there is only 1 alive. :P
Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (isolation #40) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:36 am

Post by Shadow_step »

yeah, why not.
Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (isolation #41) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:05 am

Post by Shadow_step »

It should be the exact opposite :P
mylo/lylo should be the most active part of the game after Day 1.
Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (isolation #42) » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:53 am

Post by Shadow_step »

Well shit
Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (isolation #43) » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:07 am

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 239, Transcend wrote:I

HAD

ALL

THREE

SCUM

sldfjslkdfjsldfjsldfjskf

if only i wasn't an ass we might've won this :\
I never quite had all 3 scum on day 1 but I came close in 649. So I know this feel.
Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (isolation #44) » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:16 am

Post by Shadow_step »

Giga and kraska are going to be so pissed lol
Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (isolation #45) » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:19 am

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 247, Nero Cain wrote:yea you were p useless
apart from saving you :P
Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (isolation #46) » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:29 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

There is no way the kill can be stopped so it should end.
Show

Return to “Completed Game Topics”