Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (isolation #0) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:26 am

Post by Gorgon »

Yeehaw!

A game with familiar faces. I feel like a veteran already.

Vote: distad
, just to say hello.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (isolation #1) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:37 am

Post by Gorgon »

IH wrote:So why isn't someone lynched so we can have a fire fight at night?
Because putting a rope around someone's neck until said party is dead is a civilised act that needs to be discussed in a gentlemanly fashion. Undue haste does no one any good. Cuppa tea, eh?
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (isolation #2) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:43 am

Post by Gorgon »

@IH - Oh, I see what you mean. That was a fun read. The funniest part was that the game started off with discussing strategies such as people using the vig ability to prove themselves, and to only vig when you were sure someone was scum, and then it ended like that. But still, lynching a scum in 10 pages and vigging the rest overnight seems kinda lucky.

@distad - lol, sorry ... perhaps voting you is not the best way to thank you for the fine job you did in Speed mafia. :P
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (isolation #3) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:16 pm

Post by Gorgon »

JDodge wrote:I'm not putting those pound signs in.
It puts the pound signs in the post, or else it gets the vote again.

##Vote: JDodge

See, it's easy. You can even copy/paste mine if you want to.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (isolation #4) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:17 am

Post by Gorgon »

IH wrote:Actually, it would be most optimal if everyone kills the person below them in the player list. Then it should end up to have most of the scum die, and you have even less randomness and more of a chance of lynching scum.

But whatev.
That would be disastrous if the scum happen to appear consecutively in the player list; only one scum would die, and the scum would most likely pick the townie below them - so no townie survives.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (isolation #5) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:26 am

Post by Gorgon »

Another scenario - if two scum appear next to each other in the player list (with the third one being surrounded by townies), they kill the townie below them, and we have one scum and one townie on Day 2, which is a scum win.

However, if no scum appear next to each other, this strategy is a guaranteed town win; all scum die.
I want to concentrate on playing one game at a time so I'm not available for replacements. If this changes I will change this sig accordingly.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (isolation #6) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:11 am

Post by Gorgon »

Oooh, the pound signs are not mandatory. Excellent.

UA, can you clarify a bit why you think this is a horrible idea?
I want to concentrate on playing one game at a time so I'm not available for replacements. If this changes I will change this sig accordingly.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (isolation #7) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:26 am

Post by Gorgon »

schismatized wrote:Let the record state that Jdodge and UA are next to eachother on the list.
And this proves what?

UltimaAvalon wrote:Because its 50/50 whether it will work. If it just so happens that there are two scums next to each other on the list. Town loses. If it just so happens that no scum is next to another on the list, Town wins.
Did you actually calculate the odds? Why 50/50?
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (isolation #8) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:33 pm

Post by Gorgon »

Panzerjager wrote:I think our vote should be UA or Sammich or Gorgon for ignoring a post about odds then asking about odds.
I saw your post about the odds and it looks reasonable enough. Also, I didn't "ask about odds"; I asked UA how he came to the conclusion of 50/50 odds.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (isolation #9) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:57 am

Post by Gorgon »

Oman wrote:dice tags is not a good idea, as elmo said, its a win on luck.

Whilst I am town, And I know I'm gonna get shot for this but, I would like to give the scum at least some chance to escape.

spirit of the game.
Scum have a chance to escape even with a thought out randomised plan. It's just that town has a greater chance of winning through a plan like that. But I think I get what you mean; it's a win on odds, not skill.

I can support the plan of everyone just shooting whomever they want and declaring targets tomorrow ... but in what order will we declare then?
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (isolation #10) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:32 am

Post by Gorgon »

You Give Love A Bad Name wrote:Jdodge's idea may work better, and
allows more possible insight to the game
What the hell does the bolded part mean?
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (isolation #11) » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:58 am

Post by Gorgon »

You Give Love A Bad Name wrote:
Gorgon wrote:
You Give Love A Bad Name wrote:Jdodge's idea may work better, and
allows more possible insight to the game
What the hell does the bolded part mean?

well you see, if we do jdodges idea, it's likely everybody will pick who they think is scummiest to go after them. just having people select other people to go after them, allows us to look for other more minute, possible connections you wouldn't normally have a chance to get.

i'm surprised anybody had to ask that, let alone two people.
Fair enough. It's just that the wording was a little imprecise.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (isolation #12) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:13 am

Post by Gorgon »

schismatized wrote:
Sammich wrote:I'LL POST WITHOUT PROPER READING EDUCATION ALL THE HELL I WANT
vote sammich

his feeble minded illiteracy holds back the town.
Vote: sammich

That was one feeble attempt at appearing town, dude.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (isolation #13) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:19 am

Post by Gorgon »

Um, my bloody bad.

Unvote

Vote: schismatized

That was what I meant to do.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (isolation #14) » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:19 am

Post by Gorgon »

Is it normal for a Texas Justice game that people throw out scum accusations without anything to support them?
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (isolation #15) » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:16 am

Post by Gorgon »

I have Sammich at 6 votes now, not 7. I could be wrong though.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (isolation #16) » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:12 am

Post by Gorgon »

schism is a bit too laid back to be scummy, IMHO. However, I don't discount the possibility that I've walked into a WIFOM trap here. Whatever ...

Unvote, Vote: somestrangedflea
... he irks me.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (isolation #17) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:22 am

Post by Gorgon »

Sammich wrote:Claim, Oman.
Surely you jest.

What's the Oman wagon based on, again?
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (isolation #18) » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:08 am

Post by Gorgon »

I'm here dudes.

I find it very interesting that UA was eager to hammer Sammich, yet is very reluctant to do the same to Oman.

In this regard, this quote is highly worthy of attention:
UltimaAvalon wrote:And voting Oman for no reason is helpful?
This comes from the guy who has pretty much failed to give a reason for all of his actions in this game. :roll:

So, UA, I have questions for you:
UltimaAvalon wrote:There's a short (3) list of people I have that I will hammer/shoot. Sammich is on this list. Oman is not
Why is Sammich on the list?

And why is Oman not on the list?
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (isolation #19) » Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:30 am

Post by Gorgon »

I suppose we do. This wagon ain't moving much.

Alright, let's do this.

Leeerooooy Jeeeenkiiins!

Unvote, Vote: Oman
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (isolation #20) » Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:13 pm

Post by Gorgon »

Nice. Two down, one to go.
Panzerjager wrote:We will declare by evens then odds. all the even numbers go then all the odds.
We go with this plan, right? schism, Panzer, Gorgon, distad.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (isolation #21) » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:54 am

Post by Gorgon »

Not a bad idea, distad.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (isolation #22) » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:07 am

Post by Gorgon »

True. Unless someone has an objection, I think we should proceed with the plan of evens, then odds. It's as good and random method as any.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (isolation #23) » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:43 pm

Post by Gorgon »

lawl @ Sammich

Panzer claims next.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (isolation #24) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:21 am

Post by Gorgon »

I pumped ssf full of lead.

How do you know someone overlapped, Panzer?
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (isolation #25) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:06 pm

Post by Gorgon »

Well, it wasn't the exact same thing, since none of us scum ever got killed in that game. Rather, I lamented that the doctor was killed N0. But feel free to note this anyway. It proves nothing on its own, though.

I myself find your lurking through day 1 scummy. I considered killing you, but settled on ssf. I wanted to kill someone lurkish, and ssf won out in the end.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (isolation #26) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:56 pm

Post by Gorgon »

I meant that my 'Nice' comment proves nothing about my alignment on its own. Or, if you will, it is a fairly weak indication on its own. In the Speed mafia game, HeH also cursed the fact that the town lost the doc; he was town. I was expecting you to follow up with further clues that might indicate I'm scum.

Sorry to hear you got laid off btw. Hope things work out for you.

Panzer, why do you think distad is scum?
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (isolation #27) » Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:44 pm

Post by Gorgon »

I already explained my reason ... I found ssf to be lurky and thence potencially scummy, or at least hard to analyse due to the lack of content posted.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (isolation #28) » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:39 am

Post by Gorgon »

Yes, I think we may as well end the day right now and continue tomorrow ... those of us that survive the night, that is.

Vote: No Lynch
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (isolation #29) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:46 pm

Post by Gorgon »

Well, this is tough.

I thought Panzer was the most protown looking of the players remaining. Why was he your #1 suspect, distad (I'm assuming that's what you meant)? And why didn't you say anything about this yesterday?
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (isolation #30) » Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:19 am

Post by Gorgon »

Not much happening here, I see.

I decided to look into schism a little.

First off, JDodge votes him first. Not sure how much it means, but it could be distancing.

Another interesting thing on page 5. I lash out at YGLABN for what I saw to be an incomprehensible post, and schism agress with me. Distancing from YGLABN while sucking up to me? Possibly.

Page 10; Oman votes JDodge because "He's been pushing lynches with no reasoning for a while". schism agrees with this while not jumping on the bandwagon. Seems like a potentially noncommital distancing to me.

Page 11; "im tempted to revote oman because i realized there are only two roles in TJ. Should i not? " Why would that matter?

Page 12; Goes ahead and revotes Oman for what I see as pretty weak reasons.

However, here are some things that make me uneasy about distad. There's unfortunately not much to go on, but here it is:

On page 6, distad votes schism and calls him scummy. However, he has yet to express any suspicion against schism now ... not today, not yesterday. What happened to that suspicion? One potential explanation is that distad is pushing for my lynch, thinking he can get schism to side with ... instead of getting me to side with him against schism, which distad possibly feels is a harder task.

I'm also slightly concerned about the fact that distad lamented the fact that Panzer was killed last night, but still admits that he deliberately didn't express suspicion against him yesterday in case that the scum was someone other than Panzer ... why then didn't he express relief that this plan of his worked, and that he had eliminated his #1 suspect? It's small, but there's something bothering me there.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (isolation #31) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:33 am

Post by Gorgon »

schismatized wrote:First of all, this entire game he has not really got after anyone for being scummy.
I recall I went after you once; post 127. I botched my vote though. However, overall, I was confused with this game and all the "You're scum" accusations being thrown around mindlessly.
schismatized wrote:And it seems like he was against all the night shooting plans early on. I don't know what to make of it.
Back that first sentence up. And that second sentence sounds hopelessly vague.
schismatized wrote:And gorgon, how come you say panzer was the most protown today, but made no mention of it yesterday? looks a tad odd.
Well, it looked from the beginning like there was going to be a no lynch, so it seemed better to just ride out the second day and deal with the survivors today instead of arguing over who looked town and who looked scummy. Anyway, what's your point? I'm assuming you're implying that it's scummy of me to now say that Panzer looked the most protown of the remaining players while not saying anything to that yesterday ... how so? And if you're not implying it's scummy, why bring it up?
distad wrote:Schis- my reason for killing YGLABN was dead on. I simultaneously like and dislike playing with JDodge because I can never get any semblance of a read on him. Thus, I take everything he says with a shovel-full of salt.

Gorgon- of course I was unhappy with my plan working. Now I have to think. If Panzer had survived, I was going to throw everything including TWO kitchen sinks at him. I would have lost, but it would have been a very easy end.
These both look like pretty fair answers.
distad wrote:And I don't have to be concerned with choosing which one of you will be easiest to convince to side with me. My concern is finding the scum and hoping that the other agrees with my decision.
Of course that applies if you're town. I don't know that, do I, though? I hope you don't blame me for attempting to look at things from the perspective of you being scum.
distad wrote:My problem is that I'm pretty sure it's you, but I can't figure out how to prove it.
Well, that's both unfortunate and hard to understand. Why don't you start by actually going over the game and comparing me with schism? Your concern is finding the scum, right?
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (isolation #32) » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:33 pm

Post by Gorgon »

schismatized wrote:
distad wrote:My problem is that I'm pretty sure it's you, but I can't figure out how to prove it.
This bugs me. And not in an OMGUSy way.
OMGUSy? Does that mean you thought distad was talking about you?
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (isolation #33) » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:17 pm

Post by Gorgon »

Okay, I'm now officially pissed off at this game. I've never been in this situation before, and I hate it. Not least because you two aren't giving me much to go on.

I'm leaning towards schism being the scum, since I have picked up a few clues that I've outlined, and don't have much that is concrete on distad. I also don't like how schism didn't respond when I asked him to back up his assertion that I was "against all the night shooting plans early on"; an assertion that I don't agree with, find needlessly vague, and fail to see the scum-factor in (this applies to a few other things that he's said today as well). Another indication; the fact that he thought distad was saying that he thought that he (schism) was the scum, not me, which reads to me quite possibly the paranoia of an endgamed scumbag.

The thing that still bothers me about distad, though, is that he's giving me ... nothing. Pretty much all he has said today is that he leans towards me being the scum, but doesn't give any solid reasons for this, except the supposed tell he mentioned yesterday, and hints that he doesn't like my tone/attitude/whatever. He's been remarkably quiet about schism, though. He also has still to do any decent analysis of this game ... it's like he keeps promising to do so, but never does. What's the deal, distad?

If things continue like this for much longer, I'm going to say hell with it and vote schism. If I'm wrong, or if it gets me lynched, so be it; at least this game will be over.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (isolation #34) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:56 pm

Post by Gorgon »

So - enlighten me. Why did I lose?
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (isolation #35) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:03 am

Post by Gorgon »

Not to point fingers, but it seemed to me like distad was pretty much unwilling to listen to anything I had to say - except for that bullshit "actually expressing an emotional reaction to an event in the game" semi-tell.

I had a bunch of stuff on schism, but got only complete silence in return when I tried to point it out. Even though distad had already made up his mind that I was scum, why couldn't he at least try to listen to what I had to say? He didn't even friggin'
respond
to anything I had to say about schism - or even look into what schism was saying about me, come to think of it. Most of that was crap, btw ... such as the assertion that I was against all the night plans. Should I have defended myself more vehemently? Thing is, I saw that as distad's job as well (assuming he was town); to actually look at the cases being presented and make up his own mind. The problem is; if I had defended myself more, I feared that I might have been attacked on the bullshit basis of being 'overly defensive', or whatever. I would probably have gone down this route, though, if distad had actually waited with his vote and thus assured me that he was town ... one final attempt at winning him over, but he didn't even give me that.

Why bother to say anything if nobody picks up on anything you say, except to blow some minor 'tell' out of proportion? Irksome.

Guess I'll need to work on acting a bit more like a soulless robot in order to look more town in the future.

Still think the "expressing emotion over events in the game" tell is utter crap, though. Sure, in some cases it's scum deliberately trying to look townish, but in others it's the genuine thing. Basing your suspicion almost entirely on a single point like this is futile.

What could I have done to look better to you, distad?
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (isolation #36) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:11 pm

Post by Gorgon »

schismatized wrote:I ween I ween the race.
CURSE YOU MARIO!
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #385 (isolation #37) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:00 pm

Post by Gorgon »

Okay, fair enough. Observational bias it is then. :P No hard feelings.

I guess I can be a little happy that my tone seems to be consistent between alignments.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”