Magic: The Gathering,GO TEAM MS!

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #39 (isolation #0) » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:26 am

Post by Yaw »

Dammit, Panzer, I'm not gone. Just crazy busy the past few months and you're all in a weird time zone. (That said, no, I don't have the time or patience to mod. Nagging students to get assignments in is enough nagging for me.)
Success breeds suspicion
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #41 (isolation #1) » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:13 am

Post by Yaw »

I'm down the road a few hours from the birthplace of humans. From my anthropological point of view, all of you are in weird time zones.

Also, I'm not exactly up to date on mtg happenings, though I do tend to be on AIM reasonably frequently.
Success breeds suspicion
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #7198 (isolation #2) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:17 am

Post by Yaw »

As far as programs are concerned, I think the big two questions are:
How does it handle disconnections? and
Does it have all the cards? (Looking at xmage here -- I went by their forum, and I have concerns over the 5 blocks from Mirrodin to the end of Lorwyn, if we're doing Modern. I want to be convinced this isn't a problem, so please convince me.)

Beyond that, the VSL format opens up options to make something more interesting, if people want it. The minimum here is just round-robin format in 3 trimesters, you play your three matches in a trimester in any order you want. That said, OCTGN (not sure about Cockatrice or XMage) allows the option of spectators, so that could be a thing. Could even go the whole "show" route -- have a room in Discord running at the same time so people could commentate, record games for later, etc. Depends on how far players want to go.
Success breeds suspicion
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #7203 (isolation #3) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:00 am

Post by Yaw »

Cool. How fast is XMage at getting new sets programmed? I think we'd want to allow Kaladesh cards, let people to deckbuild a bit with the new options. (OCTGN usually has new cards within 2 weeks of the full spoiler going up, I've heard Cockatrice might be faster than that.)

How interested are people at making a show out of this, given that we can spectate in any program?
Success breeds suspicion

Return to “The Arcade”