League of Legends: The New Thread

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #1500 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:51 am

Post by PJ. »

skip tier 2 boots.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1501 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:53 am

Post by zoraster »

i don't think anyone is saying to skip it, but it's often pushed a lot longer now than it used to be. Although Greaves got buffed since that patch where 80% of people went Swifties.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #1502 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:40 am

Post by Oman »

Am I allowed to love Zyra support after her change? I kind of do but I'm concerned that all her recommended items are for mid mage and I'm playing a bad.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #1503 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:40 am

Post by Fate »

is that

IS THAT A LEE SIN BUFF I SEEE!??!?!
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1504 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:41 am

Post by Fate »

AND BY BUFF I MEAN RESTORING THE USE OF ONE OF HIS CRIPPLED LEGS NOT FITTING HIM OUT WITH SOME SHEET OF ARMOR THAT MAKES HIM MORE OF A GOD
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #1505 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:42 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

In post 1502, Oman wrote:Am I allowed to love Zyra support after her change? I kind of do but I'm concerned that all her recommended items are for mid mage and I'm playing a bad.
Go right ahead! Riot kinda wants her to see some mid play, but good luck with that.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #1506 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:43 am

Post by Oman »

ANI, you missed the question: AM I GOING TO BE BAD BECAUSE I PICK ZYRA BOT? I AM A BRONZIE, I NEED OP PIX.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #1507 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:44 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Zyra will probably solo carry you out of bronze of you can position wellm
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1508 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:49 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 1506, Oman wrote:ANI, you missed the question: AM I GOING TO BE BAD BECAUSE I PICK ZYRA BOT? I AM A BRONZIE, I NEED OP PIX.
Zyra bot won't turn a good player bad.
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1509 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:02 am

Post by Papa Zito »

(the reverse is also true)
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1510 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:12 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1506, Oman wrote:ANI, you missed the question: AM I GOING TO BE BAD BECAUSE I PICK ZYRA BOT? I AM A BRONZIE, I NEED OP PIX.
Zyra, Karma, and Soraka are the best supports in bronze, the first two because you can 1v2 and not rely on your ADC early as much as other supports (especially oneslike Janna, Nami, Lulu, etc.) do. Soraka is just completely fundamentally broken while still being the easiest support to play.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1511 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:35 am

Post by zoraster »

Soraka has kind of a low win rate in bronze, surprisingly. 48.81% compared to Gold at 52.47% and Diamond's 50.94% (http://www.bestbans.com/tier/bronze)
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #1512 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:36 am

Post by Oman »

In post 1507, animorpherv1 wrote:Zyra will probably solo carry you out of bronze of you can position wellm
WHELP, NO LUCK THERE.

No legit she's a lot of fun and I like her in teamfights and laning. I kind of want to take her as the opposite to the leona that I have a handle on.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1513 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:38 am

Post by zoraster »

I think the biggest thing is you need to be better to get out of Bronze. The champion might make a difference on the margins, but find a champion, any champion within reason, play it a ton, get good at it, and you'll be out of bronze faster than if you yo-yo between champions you think are bringing you to the promise land.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1514 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:46 am

Post by RayFrost »

Zyra's a perfect pick into janna, for those of you wondering.

I maintain a 90% winrate in the matchup.

I have also transferred my smurf from NA to the Japanese servers. So I'm currently plat 5 as of finishing my "placements" (two games). Now to see how much ping really impacts my performance.
don't you feel silly now?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1515 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:19 am

Post by Psyche »

im a karthus main i guess
youtube playlist extracter | donbot | game scraper | vca | setupsim | strategist | llm
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #1516 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:59 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 1493, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 1487, Dwlee99 wrote:If you can understand ashe's kit properly and know how to group for picks with your team essence reaver is good as it allows you to make more picks with your ult when with your team.
If you don't know how to group for those picks or don't want to for some reason you can go IE.
Recently I've started going back to IE because I don't utilize the CDR that essence reaver gives well enough to make the buy worth it.
I go BF -> Runaan's -> IE -> RFC -> Vamp Scepter/QSS/Skip This -> LDR/Mortal Reminder -> BT/Mercurial/Maw and throw in berserker's greaves somewhere.
Of course this isn't every game, you need to be flexible but it is a general setup.
is it actually worth to get berserker's greaves over another zeal item? The attack speed for greaves is inferior or equal to other upgraded zeal items and the speed difference is negligible, while boots don't have a passive.

usually my build order on her is

zeal -> BF -> runaan's+boots -> ER -> IE -> Vamp scepter -> sell boots+zeal -> BT-> shiv/PD/RFC -> LW item/Maw

I usually don't QSS because I don't have the reaction time or awareness to properly use it, making it a waste of space.

Example endbuild: ER + Runaan's + IE + BF + PD + LDR
You have to consider though that berserker's greaves are only 1100 gold and provide 35% attack speed and some movement speed. Not only is this good gold efficiency regarding the attack speed but it also gives movement speed good for kiting / dodging skillshots. Because of this berserker's greaves are best until late game when you can trade in your boots for a zeal item. Regarding which zeal item, however, I would recommend getting rapid fire cannon over phantom dancer in certain situations as often the ability to get in that extra auto (because you can begin the fight before they get in range to hit you) is very good. It is also possible to finish off kills this way. There are times when phantom dancer is the better option if you are against some dive that you need the movement speed / damage reduction for, but rfc is generally a good pick.
I prefer they, thanks :)
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #1517 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:06 pm

Post by PJ. »

In post 1501, zoraster wrote:i don't think anyone is saying to skip it, but it's often pushed a lot longer now than it used to be. Although Greaves got buffed since that patch where 80% of people went Swifties.

he straight said, buy tier 1 boots, finish your build, somewhere in the middle of your build sell tier 1s for a zeal.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1518 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:18 pm

Post by zoraster »

oh. i guess i didn't really read all of that. I understand selling boots 2 if you have 6 slots filled, though i don't think it necessarily makes sense to do so anymore, but i don't think it's worth it to do before that point. 1100 gold for 35 attack speed is pretty damn good even without the move speed. That's less than a zeal for over twice the AS. The finished items don't necessarily give more AS anyway: Rapid Firecannon only gives 30.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1519 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:22 pm

Post by zoraster »

Why is it that of the zeal items the one that adds the least AS is called Rapid Fire?
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1520 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:35 pm

Post by Accountant »

Because it's just a gun that fires rapidly. The other zeal items aren't guns, they're magically charged blades/bows, and can thus fire a lot faster with the addition of the magic

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1521 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:38 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1511, zoraster wrote:Soraka has kind of a low win rate in bronze, surprisingly. 48.81% compared to Gold at 52.47% and Diamond's 50.94% (http://www.bestbans.com/tier/bronze)
It's probably because she is similar to the other utility "amplify-based" supports in that she takes her team's performance and improves it, which really doesn't do very much in bronze since the extra utility can only get you so far. The reason I still recommend her is because she doesn't have very many mechanics that are very difficult to mess up. She also encourages getting better at things that supports need to be on top of to be successful, since you can't really use her ult effectively without knowing what's going on elsewhere on the map and her primary "peel" ability is strong, but requires reading the current situation to use effectively.

Plus, like I said before, her heals are the most disgusting thing in the entire game.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1522 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:47 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

In post 1513, zoraster wrote:I think the biggest thing is you need to be better to get out of Bronze.
PogChamp
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #1523 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:22 pm

Post by Oman »

In post 1513, zoraster wrote:I think the biggest thing is you need to be better to get out of Bronze. The champion might make a difference on the margins, but find a champion, any champion within reason, play it a ton, get good at it, and you'll be out of bronze faster than if you yo-yo between champions you think are bringing you to the promise land.
You are wrong zyra is OP AF and I am in love with her.

She's amazing, from in front, behind, in any team comp. <3 Zyra.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1524 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:20 pm

Post by Accountant »

She's amazing, from in front, behind
I see

Return to “The Arcade”