Mini 527 - Doom in Valencia - Game Over!

Sammich
Sammich
Goon
Sammich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:23 am

Post by Sammich »

Confirmed yays.
Coming sometime: [i]Kirby Mafia[/i]
Back, yep
Sammich
Sammich
Goon
Sammich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (isolation #1) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:35 am

Post by Sammich »

Vote Sikario8

Because you rhyme with Lucario, and if that psychic bastard is in SSBB the world'll end.
Back, yep
Sammich
Sammich
Goon
Sammich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (isolation #2) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:09 am

Post by Sammich »

OMG MeMe.
You usually go screw the mod and vote them already.

THE WORLD=ENDING OH NOEZ
Back, yep
Sammich
Sammich
Goon
Sammich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (isolation #3) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:03 pm

Post by Sammich »

Bump?
Back, yep
Sammich
Sammich
Goon
Sammich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (isolation #4) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:30 pm

Post by Sammich »

I KNEWS IT
Back, yep
Sammich
Sammich
Goon
Sammich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (isolation #5) » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:14 am

Post by Sammich »

Unvote Lucario vote Sikario

OMGUS obvobvobv
Back, yep
Sammich
Sammich
Goon
Sammich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (isolation #6) » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:51 pm

Post by Sammich »

Lucario probably kidnapped him.
Back, yep
Sammich
Sammich
Goon
Sammich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (isolation #7) » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:59 pm

Post by Sammich »

So it seems our Mod is active after all, MeMe.
Back, yep
Sammich
Sammich
Goon
Sammich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (isolation #8) » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:35 am

Post by Sammich »

Unvote
Back, yep
Sammich
Sammich
Goon
Sammich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (isolation #9) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:49 am

Post by Sammich »

Think I'm ready to
Vote Neko2086

Neko2086 wrote:Anybody else see this as lurky? Of course scum wouldn't want discussion to start yet, the chances of suspicion falling on them would be much higher. Same is true for town, yes, but isn't the town more concerned with having discussion to get reads on people? If suspicion falls on you, all the better, since that might give you a clue about people suspecting you. Not so much for scum.

Thoughts?

FOS: Archaist
Like, Achaist makes one post like "I'm waiting for 2 other people lawlz" and then bam. Yes, I see it as lurky but I don't think that would justify suspicion.

Neko wrote: Welcome, and thanks for replacing.

Wow soupfly, just gunna go with the flow huh?

FOS: Soupfly
And where did that come from?

Although Soupfly should've/better provide an explanation for his vote, but I also think it's weird that for all the ruckus Neko made on Archaist, only a FOS came out of it.
Back, yep
Sammich
Sammich
Goon
Sammich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (isolation #10) » Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:34 am

Post by Sammich »

Mod: Prod Selande
Back, yep
Sammich
Sammich
Goon
Sammich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (isolation #11) » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:55 am

Post by Sammich »

MeMe wrote:
Selande wrote:
Unvote

Are you
all
still random voting?
If not some explanations for your votes might give us something to discuss.
Is this directed at me? If so, why don't you "give us something to discuss" by explaining the reason for your lack of current vote? Or why not attempt to figure out what could cause a vote to be placed and discuss
that
?
quote]
Back, yep
Sammich
Sammich
Goon
Sammich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (isolation #12) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:13 am

Post by Sammich »

Selande wrote:Sammich, why do you answer questions directed at me?
Because I enjoy players with basic reading comprehension.
Back, yep
Sammich
Sammich
Goon
Sammich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (isolation #13) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:50 pm

Post by Sammich »

Soupfly wrote:just so i don't have to write this late, here's a few tidbits about my playstyle:

1) i become more aggressive in scumhunting as the game goes on. until i get a feel of the game i don't really go crazy on interrogations unless something really jumps out at me. as the game moves along i'm usually among the most active...so if you want to call me out for not contributing to scum hunting on day 1 or early day 2 then you're barking up the wrong tree.
You know, people lynch me for that sort of play aaaaalll the time.
Soupfly wrote:2) i don't state my reasons for suspicions unless i'm sure that i want to lynch someone in which case i'll do a detailed analysis. the reason for this should be clear to most of you.
O I C wut u did thar! =O
Soupfly wrote:3) i state my opinion always about who i think is town or scum so don't go reading into things like he's buddying up or he's distancing with me. i believe its in the town's best interest to know my unbiased point of view and i'll never shy away from doing so for fear of being lynched.
There's no reason to bring your playstyle into this, really. I don't know if you're using this for a voucher for future scum play or whatever the hell, but I don't believe there's any reason for metagame discussion right now.

Unvote; FOS Soupfly

I have my eyes on you.
Back, yep
Sammich
Sammich
Goon
Sammich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (isolation #14) » Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:33 am

Post by Sammich »

I think I'll
vote Soupfly

One vote from SirWario and he went off the rails. I'm a little confused at him right now.
Back, yep
Sammich
Sammich
Goon
Sammich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (isolation #15) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:15 am

Post by Sammich »

I give Random stage II a 1 out of 5.
Back, yep
Sammich
Sammich
Goon
Sammich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (isolation #16) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:14 am

Post by Sammich »

Soupfly wrote:why are you giving us away? don't you realize that it also says scum above your avatar? its amazing nobody's figured it out yet...
OMGNOWAI
VOTE SAMMICH HE GOT SCUM ABOV HIS AVATAR HE IS ScUM OBVOBVOBVOBVOBV
Back, yep
Sammich
Sammich
Goon
Sammich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (isolation #17) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:36 pm

Post by Sammich »

One thing, I guess I'll
Unvote.

Two,
FOS RideTheBomb
. Why get so up in arms over one vote? Meme hates lurkers, and I'm guessing she says you deserve it for not contributing to the game.
Back, yep
Sammich
Sammich
Goon
Sammich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (isolation #18) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:36 am

Post by Sammich »

Sikario8 wrote:Sammich, how upset are you that I voted you?
Crying a river and then drowning in it.
Back, yep
Sammich
Sammich
Goon
Sammich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (isolation #19) » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:53 am

Post by Sammich »

Hey guys. You know what time it is? It's time for...

THE WORLD'S SMALLEST REREAD SERIES

So I'm going to get two players outta the way right here, and work up my analysis of the players.

Yep, and my first
victim
analysisee is...
Archaist
Archaist wrote:Well, I've been waiting for everyone to confirm. I don't think we should really start with 2 people missing.
I suppose I agree.

Neko2086 calls him lurky, and he responds rather extensively:
Archaist wrote:My reason for saying that is because I think that starting without everyone present is excusing absence and failure to confirm. If major discussion begins and someone is missing, then when they or a replacement do come in they basically have a free excuse for lurking and they avoided having to contribute in the early discussion, both of which could benefit the Mafia.
Hmm.

Two votes pile on Archaist. The first one, by Souply who I'm suspicious of, isn't really explained fully but right now this analysis is on Archaist.

Then, Archaist confronts Gorckat's votes, which is reasonable.
Archaist wrote:I would also like to hear the reasoning behind those. I notice that despite neko2086's asking you to explain them, you ignored the question.
Archaist wrote:That's not really an explanation. RtB really hasn't made any posts that I find vote-worthy.
He also suddenly backs up Neko, by taking a shot at MeMe for liking her vote.
I notice this is the two posts Archaist backs Neko up in, and Neko also unvotes. A scumpair is unlikely, though, because in Archaist's next post he pressures Soupfly for his sudden unvote of Neko.
More Archaist wrote:You decided pretty quickly there, soupfly. Don't you think that it's a bit unusual to "pressure" someone for just one post? I really don't think that neko2086's post was all that telling one way or another, so I'd like to know how you came to the conclusion that he isn't scum so quickly.
And that also makes me realize Neko's a male. Sorry, Neko.

And that is what Archaist has posted in the last seven pages.

Conclusion
: Pretty town at this point.

Now, onto subject number two...
Neko2086

Neko's pretty quiet until this post.
Neko2086 wrote:Anybody else see this as lurky? Of course scum wouldn't want discussion to start yet, the chances of suspicion falling on them would be much higher. Same is true for town, yes, but isn't the town more concerned with having discussion to get reads on people? If suspicion falls on you, all the better, since that might give you a clue about people suspecting you. Not so much for scum.

Thoughts?

FOS: Archaist
I don't really see it as lurky. If whoever and whatshisname that Archaist was waiting for are town, we'd be starting with a handicap. On the other hand, I wouldn't want to start the game missing my partners, but this is a purely WIFOM case we're working with here.

Also Sikario8 seems to approve. Later, Neko follows it up with a vote. Soupfly votes Archaist, which Neko frowns upon. I voted Neko, but he shrugs it off and then drops an FOS on Gorckat for voting Archaist, calling it oppurtunistic scum. But he hangs on to his Archaistwagon despite the two. SirWario votes Neko.
I second that. Nobody's votes seem thought out very well (including mine, which were more or less to get discussion going, so is that what everyone else is doing, or what?).

Meme, why do you like your vote. Is it because of ridethebomb's omgus vote on you?

And RTB, why exactly are you voting meme?

Gorckat, I don't see what led you to vote meme, either.
Neko votenazi's Meme and RTB.
Neko wrote:A shameless omgus at that.

Gorckat, to answer your question, I suppose I'm beginning to be more suspicious of you since you are apparently hiding something.

I don't know what to think of Soupfly, really, and my vote on archaist was more or less just a catalyst. Now you are deliberately avoiding answering questions, so in that case...

unvote; FOS:gorckat
Neko follows suit with SirWario.
Neko wrote:Happy Bday, gorckat. And to answer your question, my voting style is typically sporadic at first during the random stage and at times when nobody is talking and something needs to get rolling. Afterwards, I like to much more cautious with voting, because I believe one has to have a damn good reason to place a serious vote. Then again, I seem to take votes and FOSs more seriously than others, but I think there's loads of information in them. So for either you or soupfly to jump onto a wagon (if 3 votes in a 12-player game counts as a wagon), I think that's a bit fishy, but not nearly worrisome enough for me to place a vote. I will keep it in mind, though.

That said, soupfly's vote on me is a bit bizarre. Sorry, soupfly, but it's not that obvious to me, and people voting without explanation is getting annoying. It's excusable during random voting, but pretty damn unhelpful later on. So, maybe I'm dense, but would you care to point out the obvious for me, soupfly, and give your reasoning?
I agree with Neko about Soupfly right here. His plays have become wishy-washy seizurelike.

Neko then attacks Sikario8 for his lack of, well, everything. No contribution at all.
Neko wrote:I'm a bit surprised that sikario didn't get any more than sarcastic comments for his "first insightful point." As long as we're talking about who's lurking and who's actually trying to contribute, I'd actually make the argument that sikario is doing more lurking than anyone else. He has posted more than some of the others, but nothing of any real content.

I think there's a huge difference between ignoring the game and actively lurking. In other words, we don't really know if some of the people who haven't been present are making the decision to lurk, or maybe they're just busy/lazy/whatever and aren't posting yet. Sikario, on the other hand, is present, but making contentless posts to skate by. A well-deserved FOS for him.

Actually, I have a question for you now, Sikario. You admitted that your reasoning is crap, but that it has to do for now. May I ask why that's all you have? Do you have more coming up? (In other words, what the hell?)
Even after Luc- I mean, Sikario makes another half-hearted defense Neko decides there's no other choice but to:
Neko wrote:Hm, well, the best way to be organized, I would think, is to have discussion long enough until someone does something really scummy, then discussion can be focused on that. With that in mind, unless I'm an idiot and cannot understand your reasoning, I'd say you've pretty much confirmed my argument that you're posting for the sake of posting. Not only are you posting nothing but filler, but you're also basing votes off of it now.

And uh, if using a vote as a catalyst shouldn't "be exercised so freely," then I would try assume you're voting sammich for a good reason, but apparently, you are not.

I'd be hesitant about voting for you, but nobody is, currently, so there's no danger yet. I think you've deserved a

vote:sikario

until you can convince me otherwise
[/badvoting]
While Sikario is playing crap right now I don't think he warrants a vote. There are more voteable players at hand, like Soupfly. His play continues to astound me, but there's room for his analysis later.

And pretty much after that Neko confronts Gorckat about not fully explaining his votes.

Conclusion:
Who knows? Some things I find strange, some things I agree with. I'm gonna say neutral, it can go either way at this point.

So yeah.

Tomorrow: SirWario, RideTheBomb, and Sikario8 are analyzed. Woot.
Back, yep
Sammich
Sammich
Goon
Sammich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (isolation #20) » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:40 am

Post by Sammich »

Okay, here I go. This'll be maybe less detailed because I have less time but whatever.

Let's start with Sikario8. And I found...

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. He needs to post more and everything.

Conclusion
: I'd guess either newbie scum or worse playing than mine, but I feel that until Sikario gets in the game, I believe there's better places for my vote.

So how about [bJester/Sir Wario[/b]?

Well. He doesn't post until page 3, where he puts a vote on Neko2086, I don't know, agreeing with Soupfly I guess. He then frowns on the poor Mod. It's okay Jenter, we know you try. =D

SirWario FOS's RideTheBomb for OMGUS, but hangs on to Neko. Sir Wario, in my opinion finally gets into the game and votes Soupfly. Soupfly lands a poorly masked OMGUS to SirWario. Gorckat follows with a vote on SirWario.

SirWario votes Sikario8 for being fail in the category of contribution. Then he and Sikario get into a little snip involving something stupid, and Sikario votes him.

Conclusion
: Seems town at the moment.

And now, Ride The Bomb.

He gets voted from a pissed MeMe, where he simply replies "We meet again". Why? I don't know. I don't care. It's melodramatic and I'm not going to pour over it so much.

Later, he votes MeMe and is glad to see the game is rolling. Why? You hadn't contributed to it at that point. Although in post 95 he pretty much admits it's an OMGUS. Then he does absolutely nothing until page 6, where he asks why MeMe voted him again, which is a fairly stupid question. MeMe hates lurkers. MeMe points out all the fail in RTB's game, and RideTheBomb relinquishes his case, apparently knowing he was lurking way too much for MeMe's tastes.

Conclusion
: Good Lord. Bad playing, lurking, only voted twice, can we please get some work from this guy?

Tomorrow's analysis: Gorckat, Soupfly, and Selande.
Back, yep
Sammich
Sammich
Goon
Sammich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (isolation #21) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:04 pm

Post by Sammich »

Okay, sorry guys. The analysis will be late. I'm not feeling well.
Back, yep

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”