League of Legends: The New Thread

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #587 (isolation #0) » Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:32 am

Post by Accountant »

My winrate shot up 20% when I did two things

1) stopped giving a shit about winning
2) played top lane bullies(for the record: olaf, vladimir, volibear, renekton, swain, irelia)
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #589 (isolation #1) » Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:10 am

Post by Accountant »

He's a bully because he zones people out from lane by forcing them to not come near him or they will die

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #592 (isolation #2) » Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:39 am

Post by Accountant »

Yasuo is fun to play but he requires care because he's a squishy champion that relies on getting close with his enemies, and unlike other assassins(Akali, Zed, Talon, Leblanc, Fizz) he doesn't have a particularly good escape ability.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #597 (isolation #3) » Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:59 pm

Post by Accountant »

I never really gave a shit about winning, but my friend does and he gets psyched out every 3 seconds and starts complaining about how bad the team is even though they don't have telepathy to know when he's going to try some shit. It's not like he's that bad at the game, he's good, he just expects everyone to be on the same page as him, which is practically impossible.
spam pings

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #601 (isolation #4) » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:31 am

Post by Accountant »

Dragons have an important but often understated advantage - psychological warfare. I can't count the number of times we took two dragons, stole the third, then they just gave up or tilted and we cruised to victory.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #613 (isolation #5) » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:18 pm

Post by Accountant »

That's why you poke him to bait out the wind wall, then for the next 20 seconds he can miss cs or get bursted.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #617 (isolation #6) » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:40 pm

Post by Accountant »

I got placed in bronze 3 but I deserve challenjour

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #626 (isolation #7) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:21 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 623, Psyche wrote:I made it to Silver, guys.
Time for me to quit LoL??
You joke but I've been dicking around ever since I hit silver, no more motivation to climb. Only play ranked because im sick of fighting for roles in normals

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #628 (isolation #8) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:35 pm

Post by Accountant »

No such thing in singapore servers

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #632 (isolation #9) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:39 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 631, Psyche wrote:ive decided im gonna make liss jg work and always play her when i don't get mid
You have to say "trust" in champ select to counter tilt

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #635 (isolation #10) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:51 pm

Post by Accountant »

Or rename to "Lissjunglra" or some corny pun so people know you're a liss jg main

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #639 (isolation #11) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:18 am

Post by Accountant »

muting chat won't stop people from giving up before minions spawn or tilting because they have a "troll" in their team or running it down mid

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #643 (isolation #12) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:21 am

Post by Accountant »

tbf going 4/0 and 50cs ahead in lane is a gr8 way to avert tilt

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #654 (isolation #13) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:01 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 644, Voidedmafia wrote:What's a good armor item for ADCs nowadays, excluding GA?
Why do you need to get armor? If it's because a fed LeBlanc is jumping on you then get banshees or GA, if their thresh is a madlife smurf who constantly hooks you to your death then get mercurials if its something like an ad assassin vi then get zhonya

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #669 (isolation #14) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:44 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 665, zoraster wrote:I still can't imagine that ever being worth it unless you're building AP Ez. Ezreal is super mobile and long range, so is one of the adcs that can use zhonya's active least (most of the time it's just likely to let the enemy close the gap on him).
I mostly build zhonyas super situationally if I'm getting focused and the comp is built in such a way that reviving with GA just gets me murderized again immediately. Usually on short range adcs with no reliable escape like ashe or vayne

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #686 (isolation #15) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:41 pm

Post by Accountant »

That avatar duo though

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #698 (isolation #16) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:42 am

Post by Accountant »

Vengeance - Lucian
Harmony - Yi
Truth - Yasuo
Challenge - Fiora
Unity - Ashe
Freedom - Ekko
Ambition - Katarina
Power - Zed
Protection - Leona

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #704 (isolation #17) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:46 pm

Post by Accountant »

Dodge the W, it's telegraphed and has a small radius

If you see her throw out the E you should be watching for the sign already

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #706 (isolation #18) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:11 pm

Post by Accountant »

Oh they patched her? Nice

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #715 (isolation #19) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:34 pm

Post by Accountant »

burdens make the team lose

carries make the team win

supports make the burdens into carries

theoretically

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #717 (isolation #20) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:42 pm

Post by Accountant »

Do you really think that 3 or 4 people every game are a burden on your team?

I mean matchmaking is more or less random, it doesn't make sense that the trolls are only on your team and not the enemy team

if you're in such a position that 3 or 4 players on your team are a burden consistently, then 3 or 4 players on the enemy team will also be a burden consistently

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #719 (isolation #21) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:47 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 718, animorpherv1 wrote:I consistently have my non-MS friends tell me I have literally the single worst luck they've ever seen when it comes to random teammates, so maybe not every game, but a hell of a lot of them.
i don't think you understand probability

at the point where you're playing enough games to actually climb ranks, the law of large numbers kicks in and negates your shitty luck

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #722 (isolation #22) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:57 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 720, animorpherv1 wrote:I don't think you understand the sheer amount of crappy luck I get.
look my lad luck isn't a thing only probability exists stop blaming your losses on luck you just look salty at best and making excuses at worst

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #725 (isolation #23) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:11 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 723, JasonWazza wrote:
In post 722, Accountant wrote:
In post 720, animorpherv1 wrote:I don't think you understand the sheer amount of crappy luck I get.
look my lad luck isn't a thing only probability exists stop blaming your losses on luck you just look salty at best and making excuses at worst
The problem is your reasoning says that ani has to play extremely often to counter it, which ani may not be willing to do.

Also since the introduction of dynamic, i would say that a Support that isn't in a premade would have an extremely hard time.
if ani doesn't play extremely often then he shouldn't be surpised that he can't climb into plat :o

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #730 (isolation #24) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:46 pm

Post by Accountant »

its the picture that got him to plat

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #740 (isolation #25) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:28 pm

Post by Accountant »

I can't remember the last time I've seen a clear premade, other than one time 4 members of my team did not speak or ping and moved like telepathic and I was nasus top and farmed whole game and we powerhoused to victory

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #743 (isolation #26) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:36 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 741, JasonWazza wrote:
In post 740, Accountant wrote:I can't remember the last time I've seen a clear premade, other than one time 4 members of my team did not speak or ping and moved like telepathic and I was nasus top and farmed whole game and we powerhoused to victory
Do you look at club tags before the game starts (or during i guess)?

I've ran into lots of obvious premades mostly because i am always looking at the loading screen to start off with, and notice the tags.
I've never see more than 2 people with the same club tag in a game, but then again I hardly ever give a shit about tags

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #748 (isolation #27) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:50 am

Post by Accountant »

I tried out Ashe top today, first time i've played her since the rework, went in blind without any knowledge of build/skill order(ftr I maxed w->q->e and built runaans -> ie -> bloodthirster) and got an S+, destroyed everyone, great times

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #757 (isolation #28) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:22 am

Post by Accountant »

Nope

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #772 (isolation #29) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:38 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 770, Voidedmafia wrote:
In post 748, Accountant wrote:I tried out Ashe top today, first time i've played her since the rework, went in blind without any knowledge of build/skill order(ftr I maxed w->q->e and built runaans -> ie -> bloodthirster) and got an S+, destroyed everyone, great times
skill order's right, build order's good, but why Top?
Because I main top

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #779 (isolation #30) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:37 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 775, Draynth wrote:
In post 766, PJ. wrote:I used to BE AP Soraka before they made her shitty.

I agree that for the first ~9 minutes, support is more important than ADC. That doesn't make it a good, healthy or interesting role. And it doesn't make it one that really has a direct impact on the game.
It 100% has a direct impact on the game.

A bad support will mean botlane (mostly) loses.
A bad support won't roam and help struggling teammates.
A bad support has no vision / objective control.

A good support will deny vision late game and will force a pick. If that's not directly impacting the game I don't know what is.
-Side note: I'm a support main, I'm obviously going to be biased
this is why I don't play ADC in ranked, I don't like the idea of how well I do in lane being determined by RNG

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #807 (isolation #31) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:13 pm

Post by Accountant »

I find top lane helps minimize the impact of shitty RNG because I usually pick bullies, take their outer turret early then go mid to kill or teleport bot

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #819 (isolation #32) » Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:49 am

Post by Accountant »

There's nothing wrogn with that. Unless you're in diamond 3 it's more important to play the champs your'e comfortable with than care too much about counterpicking

(unless you're picking something genuinely dumb like lee sin into akali or heimer into syndra)

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #821 (isolation #33) » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:30 am

Post by Accountant »

whoops I meant akali into lee sin

and its ok to play vayne against cait karma if the vayne and sp are good

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #834 (isolation #34) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:19 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 829, PJ. wrote:
In post 826, hiplop wrote:
In post 822, PJ. wrote:This isn't true. I very very very often do not have a support on my team.
I mean you also very very very often have a support on your team in league. Doesn't change the fact its the least desired role
I would say I have a support on my team in less than half of my league games
What rank are you

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #836 (isolation #35) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:47 pm

Post by Accountant »

Teemo is an excellent main until level 30

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #838 (isolation #36) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:59 pm

Post by Accountant »

Teemo is fun, gives a reasonably high win rate and isn't too mechanically challenging

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #841 (isolation #37) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:13 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 839, zoraster wrote:At lower elos damage over time tends to confuse people as well.
In lower elos people are disrespectful of champion damage potential, thats why leblanc can walk around deleting people

Its even more sneaky when half the damage is concealed in DoT rather than big, scary chunks

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #847 (isolation #38) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:13 am

Post by Accountant »

I tend to have more fun when I win but if I try too hard the stress wipes out the fun from winning

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #852 (isolation #39) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:29 am

Post by Accountant »

I didnt

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #893 (isolation #40) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:49 am

Post by Accountant »

I'm willing to bet that the champion will have some sort of mechanic involving riding that dragon of his. My best guess is a rek'sai like "mount/dismount" or gnar like "summon drag" mechanic.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #904 (isolation #41) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:27 pm

Post by Accountant »

Never buy a new champion immediately upon release(unless you're incredibly rich). It's not a good idea to spend 6300 IP on someone that ends up being useless in the meta. I learnt that lesson with Gnar.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #906 (isolation #42) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:31 pm

Post by Accountant »

What is Cho'Gath's biggest champion drawback?

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #977 (isolation #43) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:30 pm

Post by Accountant »

don't get mad about normals. it's perfectly okay to fuck around, try new champions or odd builds in normals.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #979 (isolation #44) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:14 am

Post by Accountant »

I mean if your team is retarded then most of the time the enemy team is also retarded because matchmaking, so a non-retard like you presumably are should destroy all of them

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #992 (isolation #45) » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:52 am

Post by Accountant »

At silver 4 you can pick more or less anything

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1028 (isolation #46) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:43 pm

Post by Accountant »

Garena is finally starting to crack down on toxic players and so the new meta is to be passive aggressive and refuse to stick or comminicate

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1030 (isolation #47) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:28 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1029, PJ. wrote:I never understood the refusing to communicate report. Normally the person being reported communicates "fuck you" pretty clearly
Refusing to communicate means someone that doesn't say a word or give a single ping the entire game and goes off to farm wraiths while everyone is fighting at baron

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1032 (isolation #48) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:18 pm

Post by Accountant »

they're all the rage on the singapore servers

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1033 (isolation #49) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:18 pm

Post by Accountant »

or they go super passive aggressive like they just clamp their mouths shut until we lose a teamfight, then they throw out a sarcastic "gj guys" or "n1, trying to steal baron from a volibear jg was totally the correct choice"

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1057 (isolation #50) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:14 pm

Post by Accountant »

I tried Talon, he needs to snowball or he's more or less shit

His early game is underrated, he can do okay with eqw at level 3 + maxing w and using it to harass. definitely not the best but not akali tier early game

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1059 (isolation #51) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:33 pm

Post by Accountant »

I laned vs Ryze, no idea how but I managed to beat him up

still lost the game tho, i think he was just shit as ryze

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1061 (isolation #52) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:42 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1060, hiplop wrote:ryze is kinda just bad surprised he won
botlane went 0/20 and we didn't have tanks, it was a normal so nobody was taking stuf seriously

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1069 (isolation #53) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:13 am

Post by Accountant »

Irelia should be 100% pick/ban right now

She also destroys Kled which is the champ everyone is playing now so I'm playing her as much as possible in order to climb

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1087 (isolation #54) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:32 pm

Post by Accountant »

Tell fenal to run it down mid every game, her boyfriend will soon stop wanting to play pvp team games with her

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1089 (isolation #55) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:26 pm

Post by Accountant »

do you get any bonuses with anivia level 7 other than the mastery animation

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1101 (isolation #56) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:47 am

Post by Accountant »

Play a champion that can dash to him and duel him

He places his barrel, shoots the one behind him, the moment it explodes(while it's triggering the second barrel where you stand) dash out of blast range and towards him, slam into him(dodging his q and e completely then attack him until he's low), if he sticks around in lane at <=40% hp, just kill him

Champions that can do this shit - Riven, Irelia, Jax, Pantheon, Ekko, Fiora, Wukong(tho I think WK and GP go even in lane because GP has other advantages over him), Renekton, Maokai

That's how I've dealt with most GPs top in my elo, seems to work pretty well. I had a tough time against GP when I was playing volibear though.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1114 (isolation #57) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:17 pm

Post by Accountant »

irelia destroys riven so hard it's not even funny, I felt like a cyberbully

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1116 (isolation #58) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:41 am

Post by Accountant »

Was the other team drunk

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1118 (isolation #59) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:42 am

Post by Accountant »

How so?

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1125 (isolation #60) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:29 am

Post by Accountant »

I didn't know that tahm kench was an evil river god in lore, I always thought he was a goofy cartoon like character(fat, swallows teammtes, spins around, comically long tongue)

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1142 (isolation #61) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:43 pm

Post by Accountant »

I don't like how Tris feels

My favorite adc is ashe

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1151 (isolation #62) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:52 am

Post by Accountant »

I would stream league, but considering my timezone probably best to just upload vids

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1161 (isolation #63) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:57 pm

Post by Accountant »

4 people wanted to top

http://imgur.com/a/7YeAt

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1162 (isolation #64) » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:30 pm

Post by Accountant »

man i looooove going into nemesis pick and picking champions like zed or yasuo or fizz for them

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1169 (isolation #65) » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:58 am

Post by Accountant »

I'm going to try to play a bunch of games with only garen top

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1171 (isolation #66) » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:59 am

Post by Accountant »

I think I've conquered tilt

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1176 (isolation #67) » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:28 pm

Post by Accountant »

I would like a janitor jax skin.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1187 (isolation #68) » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:22 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1185, JasonWazza wrote:
In post 1183, Ankamius wrote:This game suffered pretty heavily from power creep, so it makes sense.
I feel like Power creep is minor and the problem is mobility creep.

And also that rito don't know how to balance on a release of a rework and instead just release them OP, and nerf them till they aren't even useful.
I think they do. They release champs/reworks intentionally OP to prompt a flood of "is X the best champion ever?" And "X new op champ!!" videos and general hype. With the hype comes more players who buy the champ(including those that use RP) to use it as a fotm or because they think it's going to be the new meta.

Then Riot nerfs it a couple months later to allow actual competitive play to happen.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1217 (isolation #69) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:54 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1215, RayFrost wrote:I played against a gold riven as karthus and it was hilarious because he didn't understand why I was obliterating his health bar at level one.
Riven is female.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1219 (isolation #70) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:31 pm

Post by Accountant »

Ah, but in that case you'd write "his character's health bar", not "his health bar".

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1222 (isolation #71) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:42 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1220, Klazam wrote:Who cares >.>

I refer to people by their champ's gender, sometimes, but again I'd prefer to be a he even if I'm playing Morgana. Saying he and Morgana together isn't a insult at all.
Well, it might be grammatically incorrect.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1224 (isolation #72) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:13 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1223, Klazam wrote:Who cares
I do, for one. Lots of people do.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1230 (isolation #73) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:23 am

Post by Accountant »

The healthbar doesn't exist. It's a metaphorical representation of Riven's physical state, so it belongs to her. Lore-wise, the player acts as a summoner controlling Riven, so it doesn't belong to him in that context either. Finally, in literal terms the pixels comprising the healthbar are hosted on Riot's servers.

The healthbar is not legally owned by the player - the player cannot sell it, make money off it, etc. At most, it could be regarded as Riot Games "lending" him the "use" of the pixels for the purposes of the game.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1234 (isolation #74) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:17 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 1231, SleepyKrew wrote:
In post 1230, Accountant wrote:Lore-wise, the player acts as a summoner controlling Riven
this isn't canon anymore
right now the lore for the league is ????????????
Oh, sorry. I stand corrected, then.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1241 (isolation #75) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:51 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1236, Klazam wrote:Oh wow. So if the champion I'm playing dies, it's not my fault because well, the champion and everything he/she/it posses doesn't belong to me.

Awesome
Just because something doesn't belong to you doesn't mean it's not your fault if it dies.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1243 (isolation #76) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:01 pm

Post by Accountant »

Does your team have tank themselves?

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1246 (isolation #77) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:46 pm

Post by Accountant »

Volibear should be able to disrupt the yasuo and then the rest of your team pounds on him.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1247 (isolation #78) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:47 pm

Post by Accountant »

https://vimeo.com/180565135

Irelia game 1

pros:
got a quadra after doing nothing all game
100cs lead over everyone else

cons:
died 1v1 to darius after obtaining 100 cs lead and health advantage
didnt' have time to type ggwp when we destroyed their nexus so everyone thinks I'm toxic

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1248 (isolation #79) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:39 pm

Post by Accountant »

https://vimeo.com/180571793

akali game 1

pros:
won an unfavorable matchup against vlad
S rank
fun game

cons:
made some bad mistakes
im bad at warding lmfao

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1252 (isolation #80) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:43 am

Post by Accountant »

I don't like it when people say hehe xD

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1254 (isolation #81) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:50 am

Post by Accountant »

I post in the Speakeasy, and alts aren't allowed there.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1257 (isolation #82) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:07 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 1255, inte wrote:
In post 1252, Accountant wrote:I don't like it when people say hehe xD
thats why i do it
So you go in a game with 4 players who you need to work with to win and you decide to intentionally piss them off for your own enjoyment? Maybe this is why you got demoted?

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1262 (isolation #83) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:45 am

Post by Accountant »

i don't start things with ppl lol. if u get irrationally angry when someone all chats "hehe xd" then it sounds like a u problem
Its the attitude of "im gonna do this even tho I know it pisses people off, BECAUSE I know it pisses people off"

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1264 (isolation #84) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:29 am

Post by Accountant »

but its an online video game where you play with someone for ~40 minutes and then never see them again? how does it ACTUALLY affect you other than being mildly annoyed by some text you're reading
Makes people think you're uncooperative, reduces team cohesion, tanks morale... are these "small"? Maybe. But they have a bigger impact than you think, especially in what is supposed to be a serious, competitive game mode. And especially when it costs you nothing to not be a dick.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1294 (isolation #85) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:50 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1292, DeathNote wrote:How do you play against a renek top? What do you play against a Renek top?
Play very safe and farm.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1299 (isolation #86) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:16 pm

Post by Accountant »

If teemo can blind renek's fury w it should be advantageous for him I think

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1302 (isolation #87) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:55 pm

Post by Accountant »

I'm not sure about mallet teemo but I'm firmly convinced that mallet/pd yas is better than shiv/ie yas

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1306 (isolation #88) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:40 pm

Post by Accountant »

mobile assassins(zed, yasuo) kill syndra hard

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1308 (isolation #89) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:25 am

Post by Accountant »

if you've made the syndra fall behind then you've successfully countered her which answers psyche questions about what to do against her

akali top is disgusting btw, you can reliably proc your q and 90% of the time they have no spells to use against your stealth

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1317 (isolation #90) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:26 am

Post by Accountant »

Shens almost always do badly when I play games against them for some reason. VS Irelia(my main top) I estimate they land maybe 5% if their taunts

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1320 (isolation #91) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:28 am

Post by Accountant »

Shen rips noone apart

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1331 (isolation #92) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:22 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1324, RayFrost wrote:"My opponents are bad, so my opinion about how this should work, ceteris paribus, is correct" isn't really a good argument.
If your argument stems from the premise that your opponents are bad then the vast majority of the time it's valid until you're at a high enough elo that you won't be listening to internet arguments anyway

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1334 (isolation #93) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:15 pm

Post by Accountant »

Annie isn't the kind of champ that tilts your lane opponent, and thats a super important factor imo

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1336 (isolation #94) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:23 pm

Post by Accountant »

some champs stomp easier than others

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1341 (isolation #95) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:40 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1339, Nosferatu wrote:also annie is
the
midlane bronze
stomp
crush
pulverizer
that's a funny way of spelling leblanc

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1343 (isolation #96) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:49 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1341, Accountant wrote:
In post 1339, Nosferatu wrote:also annie is
the
midlane bronze
stomp
crush
pulverizer
that's a funny way of spelling leblanc
Just to clarify, I don't actually think you mistyped leblanc. It was just a humorous way of saying that I think leblanc is a better midlaner against bronze players.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1346 (isolation #97) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:26 pm

Post by Accountant »

It's because Leblanc has better mobility. Being able to crush your lane, then go to other lanes and help them - this is what averts feeding from other lanes.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1351 (isolation #98) » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:51 am

Post by Accountant »

Akali mid is really good

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1367 (isolation #99) » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:13 pm

Post by Accountant »

I'm probably biased because leblanc was one of the three holy trinity champs that got me out of bronze

I was in bad shape, 25% winrate total stuck in bronze 5. Then I started playing mundo top, 20 wins in a row and soared out of b5. Leblanc carried me to b2, and volibear carried me from there to silver.

So I guess I have a sentimental fondness for these champs

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1369 (isolation #100) » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:17 pm

Post by Accountant »

Zac has decent cs in my experience! He can pick off distant low health minions with q and his w and e gives him decent waveclear

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1371 (isolation #101) » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:34 pm

Post by Accountant »

That does make sense. I imagine he'd have good cs against champs who he can farm safely against like shen though

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1374 (isolation #102) » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:21 am

Post by Accountant »

I see.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1378 (isolation #103) » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:38 am

Post by Accountant »

Most supports in my division understand their functions, but they do not always have the skill to perform them

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1380 (isolation #104) » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:41 am

Post by Accountant »

I mean the supports in here understand their job is to:
- keep adc alive
- make adc strong
- provide vision by warding
- for supports like sona and soraka, keep the team healthy and buffed. For supports like leona or braum, disrupt and disable the enemy team.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1383 (isolation #105) » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:58 am

Post by Accountant »

I understand. We were speaking of different things when we said "X knows what they are doing".

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1384 (isolation #106) » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:59 am

Post by Accountant »

Also, Soraka's silence is her E.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1386 (isolation #107) » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:10 am

Post by Accountant »

Actually one time I played with a soraka that was too distracted aiming her qs and es to heal her adc much

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1397 (isolation #108) » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:24 pm

Post by Accountant »

Someone pick a champion. I will play that champion the best I can when I next play a game(couple hours later) and post results.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1398 (isolation #109) » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:25 pm

Post by Accountant »

Make sure to specify build, like if its teemo say whether to build ap or ad. Try to have a list in case I don't own that champ

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1400 (isolation #110) » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:35 pm

Post by Accountant »

I dont own ziggs sorry

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1403 (isolation #111) » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:48 pm

Post by Accountant »

I have annie, kz, caitlyn, karthus, graves, tristana. I'll go mid/jg for ranked and pick the one that applies.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1404 (isolation #112) » Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:45 am

Post by Accountant »

I couldn't get mid lane, so I went Kha'Zix jungle instead.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1405 (isolation #113) » Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:17 am

Post by Accountant »

excellent outcome. got into a series with an S- on kz(you can't quite see it on the screen, but me and darius both got S-) hopefully I can promote to silver IV with annie mid, as promised.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1409 (isolation #114) » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:25 pm

Post by Accountant »

finally got annie mid. did very well

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1410 (isolation #115) » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:26 pm

Post by Accountant »

Alright, who else has champ suggestions for me to play?

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1412 (isolation #116) » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:58 pm

Post by Accountant »

Veigar/voli mid/top it is

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1413 (isolation #117) » Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:13 am

Post by Accountant »

did poorly against fizz

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1414 (isolation #118) » Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:49 am

Post by Accountant »

Another loss against TF mid. Playing as veigar was very unpleasant - I was forced to farm, rather than pressure and kill my lane opponent, which is my preferred way of playing mid lane. Even worse, it felt like I was making a tradeoff between farming with my q and poking/damaging with it. my stun was very hard to lane, since I wasn't used to veigar's mechanics. I think I'll be giving this champion a pass, at least in ranked, until I feel more comfortable with the way he handles.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1417 (isolation #119) » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:51 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 1416, Nosferatu wrote:How do people do well as irelia? I haven't had many good games with her and I have no idea how to carry with her.
Depends

If you have a hypercarry, peel. If they have a hypercarry(master yi, let's say) stick to that guy like glue and keep stunning and slowing him. Otherwise just throw your weight around, slam ults into enemy team, dive their backline, be a bruiser that forces people to bow and shrugs off cc

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1421 (isolation #120) » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:21 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1419, DeathNote wrote:It is very hard to win in this game and quite easy to lose.
This statement is impossible. The game is zero sum, so if it's easy to lose then your opponent will find it easy to lose as well - which means it can't be hard to win.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1423 (isolation #121) » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:23 pm

Post by Accountant »

If the game is hard to win then your opponents would find it hard to win too

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1425 (isolation #122) » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:46 pm

Post by Accountant »

That's due to your skill being insufficient, not a feature of the game.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1427 (isolation #123) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:23 am

Post by Accountant »

Why did the darius get visage when the only AP on the enemy team was lux?

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1429 (isolation #124) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:29 am

Post by Accountant »

that explains the inexplicable dirk, too

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1432 (isolation #125) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:45 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 1430, Psyche wrote:i picked a poke midlaner (ziggs) into a tanky hard engage comp (braum, amumu, ekko, katarina, cait) silly me
but frankly i'm unsure what i should have picked instead
should i have taken an midlane adc like corki with repositioning skills so that i'd be more able to kill tanks and selfpeel from engages?
should i have taken lissandra or sol and used my aoe cc/invulnerability to diminish their engage but giving up the range/dps necessary to actually kill anyone?
would karthus's raw damage and soft-cc from his w/rylais been the best choice?
woe is me woe is me
azir probably would have done a decent job with his own dps, repositioning and peel-ult but i don't want to bother learning him especially in the state he's in now
irelia mid

it also shits on kata which is a good bonus

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1441 (isolation #126) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:51 pm

Post by Accountant »

What about Dark Seal? I've had good experiences going dark seal on kata

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1459 (isolation #127) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:35 am

Post by Accountant »

I hate champs with a bullet based aa system(jhin/graves)

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1468 (isolation #128) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:22 am

Post by Accountant »

But what if the tournament players want to play the old yorick

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1508 (isolation #129) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:49 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 1506, Oman wrote:ANI, you missed the question: AM I GOING TO BE BAD BECAUSE I PICK ZYRA BOT? I AM A BRONZIE, I NEED OP PIX.
Zyra bot won't turn a good player bad.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1520 (isolation #130) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:35 pm

Post by Accountant »

Because it's just a gun that fires rapidly. The other zeal items aren't guns, they're magically charged blades/bows, and can thus fire a lot faster with the addition of the magic

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1524 (isolation #131) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:20 pm

Post by Accountant »

She's amazing, from in front, behind
I see

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1545 (isolation #132) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:55 pm

Post by Accountant »

The last time I played support it was trying out nami in free week and I was too busy killing people and assisting in killing people to place wards

18 minute victory

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1548 (isolation #133) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:22 pm

Post by Accountant »

ankamius should make that video, to improve his own play if nothing else. teaching and explaining your own ideas help you spot flaws and develop them better

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1565 (isolation #134) » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:06 pm

Post by Accountant »

HarambeShooter took jungle? Now that's just mean

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1569 (isolation #135) » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:50 am

Post by Accountant »

more like goldaster amiright

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1598 (isolation #136) » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:05 am

Post by Accountant »

anyone saying board games are dead is objectively wrong

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1606 (isolation #137) » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:27 am

Post by Accountant »

i mean I get that there are people who can't play board games(panzer, ray)

but to say that board games as a genre is dead is... wrong

there are a lot of reasons to buy/not to buy a league board game, and "board games are dead" is not one of them

EDIT: though I guess "for me, board games are not relevant to my life" would definitely be one

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1617 (isolation #138) » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:39 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1616, Oman wrote:B2 Zyra hype.
EVEN BETTER! Someone stole my zyra in my last promo game, so I picked Soraka and schooled them.
I hate when I get my pick stolen or banned in promos.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1662 (isolation #139) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:17 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1661, Psyche wrote:they're going to nerf rylais soon and that's sure to disrupt my ascent to gold
NO

NO

NO

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1665 (isolation #140) » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:06 am

Post by Accountant »

Nunu is unpopular, so the only people playing him are people already very good at Nunu. That may be why the winrate is high.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1735 (isolation #141) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:05 am

Post by Accountant »

has ammumu ever been not a solid pick

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1759 (isolation #142) » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:48 am

Post by Accountant »

A trash pick that wins lane can't be trash. It's fine if someone locks in Vel'Koz jungle and you yell at them, but if they lock in Vel'Koz jungle and go 10/0/15 then there's no way you can yell at them, even if their past 20 games are troll picks.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1761 (isolation #143) » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:52 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 1760, JasonWazza wrote:Doing well in one game doesn't justify feeding in 20.
Yes, but his game records do not matter. All that matters is how he performs in YOUR game. Before and after that game, he vanishes from your life. So the only thing you can care about is YOUR game.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1764 (isolation #144) » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:30 pm

Post by Accountant »

I won't comment on that, because I think intentionally dodging games because you didn't like your team is unethical.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1791 (isolation #145) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:32 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1772, Ankamius wrote:
In post 1764, Accountant wrote:I won't comment on that, because I think intentionally dodging games because you didn't like your team is unethical.
Not playing to win the game in a ranked environment is insulting and far more unethical than dodging a game where you have reason to believe that people aren't going to give their all.

Ranked is meant to be competitive. Dodging is a tool you can use to avoid games you are fairly certain are lost. Saying dodging games is unethical is like saying muting people is unethical.
I don't believe in a game that can be lost at champion select. If a player selected something weird and have a bad record, everyone is just going to have to do better and work harder to make up for it.

It's not about bushido. I just think it's not ethical to abandon your team because you don't like someone's pick.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1792 (isolation #146) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:35 pm

Post by Accountant »

It's okay to dodge if someone goes "you are all shit players who will not let me mid even though I drew bot, I will intentionally feed" or players who display toxicity in champion select.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1797 (isolation #147) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:59 pm

Post by Accountant »

Ranked is where people are meant to play when they want to play their hardest and see how far they can go up the ladder
I agree. What does dodging have to do with this? You're bringing in an outside influence to artificially boost your win rate. It won't reflect your true skill at the game.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1798 (isolation #148) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:01 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1796, JasonWazza wrote:Yeah he clearly just doesn't understand that dodging is a legitimate mechanic used to climb.

Sure someone who has a 15% win rate on their champ might do well that game with them magically, but likelihood is, they just got carried in those games, and that means nothing to the state of what they are playing.

I also don't understand the people who play champions that are well under 50% win rates past like 20+ games on them, because it's clear that they are either not good on them, or aren't doing the right things on them.
Dodging is great if you want to climb, but then you aren't playing league of legends any more, you're playing the "dodge bad teammates" mini game

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1799 (isolation #149) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:03 pm

Post by Accountant »

I think that dodging is unethical because the only tools you're supposed to use to help you win are the tools given to you in game. For example, suppose Riot introduced a mechanic of Dodge. In champion select, you can click a button to quit the game at the cost of 3 LP and a timer. Then dodging is the exact same but it is now legitimate because now it's an actual game mechanic and so not unethical

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1800 (isolation #150) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:04 pm

Post by Accountant »

Similar to how it's unethical to use a script to keep track of jungle timers but when Riot added jungle timers to the game it's no longer unethical

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1803 (isolation #151) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:28 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1801, JasonWazza wrote:That is not why riot added timers at all.
Their motives are irrelevant. By adding jungle timers, Riot is saying "using jungle timers is an acceptable way to play the game".

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1809 (isolation #152) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:12 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1805, Psyche wrote:What if I showed you the patch notes where Riot says dodging is a valid solo queue tactic.
Then dodging is okay. I wasn't aware of those notes

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1810 (isolation #153) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:13 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1804, RayFrost wrote:So voice communication is also unethical then, accountant?
I mean, Riot provides in-game voice comm through garena talk, so it's clear they approve.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1811 (isolation #154) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:14 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1806, Voidedmafia wrote:
In post 1798, Accountant wrote:Dodging is great if you want to climb, but then you aren't playing league of legends any more, you're playing the "dodge bad teammates" mini game
You're playing the "dodge bad teammates to play League" mini game, the interesting mechanic that players introduced by being dicks (or picking champs they're utter trash with, or a combination of both)) that requires you to wade through the bad players to actually be able to play on the ranked ladder. It's not no longer playing league when doing this is a prerequisite to playing league.

Also, the fact that Riot allows for at least 1 queue dodge with such a minimal loss means it's a legit and ethical strategy up until it inflicts punishments for doing it too much (the best analogue I can think of is the tilt mechanic in pinball).

On another topic, any help with that pvp.net patcher kernel not responding issue I brought up last page?

P-EDIT: So by adding a "X-time minimal loss dodge" to the game, Riot is saying that queue dodging in the short term is an acceptable way to play the game?

Thanks for defeating your own argument!

PE2: Also, that.
That's like saying littering is okay because you "only" get fined $100 to do it! Just the fact that Riot implements a timer would suggest they disapprove!!!

Also, it's not a prerequisite to playing League. You can just play with those players.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1812 (isolation #155) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:16 pm

Post by Accountant »

I read the patch notes. That means queue dodging is ethical now, so I guess it's okay to start doing it.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1814 (isolation #156) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:35 pm

Post by Accountant »

Bad luck for you guys I guess

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1817 (isolation #157) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:18 pm

Post by Accountant »

Xin Zhao top on the other hand is pretty strong for climbing out of bronze

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1821 (isolation #158) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:40 am

Post by Accountant »

Report them.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1823 (isolation #159) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:24 am

Post by Accountant »

i got out of bronze 5 playing ad mundo top

this was back when mundo-anything-that-isn't-jungle(and even then it was sketchy) was considered troll

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1844 (isolation #160) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:29 pm

Post by Accountant »

Well riot knows the spirit better than anyone and they implicitly said dodging was okay

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1847 (isolation #161) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:54 pm

Post by Accountant »

What did you get banned for? I once copped a 14 day ban for flaming an
intentionally feeding
teammate, and not very harshly at that(told him to uninstall League instead of acting like a fucking kid)

EDIT: No ban history except a low priority queue penalty a month ago when I DCed from like 5 games in a row

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1849 (isolation #162) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:03 pm

Post by Accountant »

[15:05] JasonWazza (Thresh): you have same brain issues to work on

I think they interpreted this as ableist language(similar to calling Swain a downie), which might have led to the ban

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1851 (isolation #163) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:14 pm

Post by Accountant »

Riot doesn't sweep every game, it's more like they do random spot checks on players who get reported

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1854 (isolation #164) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:27 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1852, JasonWazza wrote:Cause you know, what is instant feedback actually for.
The Riot dude said it wasn't IF

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1872 (isolation #165) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:06 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 1869, mykonian wrote:zor, how do I play jinx?
you must shoot the enemy until they are dead

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1902 (isolation #166) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:19 am

Post by Accountant »

i got a pentakill on doom bots as teemo

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1907 (isolation #167) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:05 pm

Post by Accountant »

Teemo is really good against doom bots for when they five man one lane and robotically march down the lane

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1918 (isolation #168) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:31 pm

Post by Accountant »

I'm quitting League, maybe temporarily, maybe permanently. It doesn't feel fun any more

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2731 (isolation #169) » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:19 pm

Post by Accountant »

I've decided to come back to League of Legends on a trial basis, to see if it makes me any happier than it used to. I quit around the time Ivern was released - can you give me the rundown on any new champions, reworks, new items, or other changes that I should be aware of?

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2750 (isolation #170) » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:29 pm

Post by Accountant »

Okay so I sold my old account to someone else when I first quit because he wanted a smurf account(level 30) and I was, well, quitting. Only got $10 but he was a friend so it's k

HOWEVER that means I have to level up a brand new account

any tips for powerlevelling?

Return to “The Arcade”