Mini 1811 [Game Over]

Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: off in space, absentmindedly pouring coffee grounds in the water reservoir.

Post Post #2021 (isolation #200) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:29 am

Post by Impoetic »

In post 1993, Xkfyu wrote:
In post 1991, Impoetic wrote:Re: VC 1.21: how can you claim you’re a serious counterwagon due to two votes from confirmed townies? If MCAT wanted to create a counterwagon, why would they have even voted that slot before anyone else did? The optimal move would be to latch onto Tam or Ira’s votes, assuming there wasn’t an obvious indicator of intent from robb/Jae beforehand. (I know nothing about VCA so correct me if I’m wrong, all.)
How can you claim that I'm not? One of those confirmed towns (JR) was just sheeping MC at the time, and MC knew that.
2 votes vs. whatever was on Tam when MC could have joined one of his partners no problem, right? 1 mafia and 1 town does not a counterwagon make, and the third town there came afterwards. I should also like to point out it was Pacman that was actually lynched, not you, even though I don't remember any real reason for the wagon on you to be less effective than the one on pacman? Then again, my memory is the worst of anyone I've met so like.
In post 1991, Impoetic wrote:Also, re: VC 2.05:
I realize you’re way more into this vote count analysis thing than I as of yet but I find it hard to believe that’s “really scary” to you when you’re also fairly confident in Accountant being town (or project yourself to be such). It’s a single move by scum that is actually a meta I’ve read about before and you probably have too. This game is now 80 pages long and there’s not even any dialogue outside of the vote count that could flesh out your “scare.”
That's the only thing that scared me at all about Accountant. Everything else has pointed to him being town. It's "scary" because I know I would have let my buddy hammer me in that situation, and if Accountant is scum, then there is no way that we win this game.
The fact that it's the *only* thing that bothered you is why I think this logic which just looks a bit too convoluted and not like something that would cause a visceral reaction. I myself would never see it that way if I weren't predisposed to being worried about Accountant, and I wouldn't really doubt my conviction over that alone even if I did think that was an obvious way of looking at it. It's possible that's just a difference in mindset, but I feel that it could also be a scumtell.
In post 1991, Impoetic wrote:And this was related to what I wanted to say yesterday, IIRC, but where does your TR on me actually come from?
My town read on you comes from your posts.
Lmao I might steal that answer sometime if you don't mind.

I was actually looking for you to show your thought process -- i.e. how my posts are towny, when you decided I was towny, etc.

Going off memory:

Earlier, you [Xkfyu] said "leaning slightly on MC/ira
because of JJD's report on impo,
but only slightly". This was
before
mafia failed to kill, so there was no reason for that to be such a tentative idea. What are the chances mafia has a doctor in a closed-roles setup AND that the one PR who couldn't find doctor investigated the one scum they couldn't find?

Then when I inquired into the post, you said it was
because of your townread on me
. Now you say you townread me because of my posts! My posts haven't drastically changed since then, as far as I'm aware.

So, based on little things like this occurring more than once and the fact that TRing me here is sudden, optimal, and unexplained (your response to my question was amusing but not what I picture you saying as town), I think your reads are forged.

Also wait omg it's mylo? OH MY GOD??!

I haven't read past Accountant pointing out it was mylo and I was about to vote xkfyu but okay f*ck. Anyway I'll just post what I wrote so far.
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: off in space, absentmindedly pouring coffee grounds in the water reservoir.

Post Post #2022 (isolation #201) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:34 am

Post by Impoetic »

In post 2020, Accountant wrote:Impo, I would love your thoughts on Xkfyu vs MURDERCAT! Maybe a third party can offer some fresh insights.
Sorry I was planning to vote Xk today and had thought it was a ML (even when you pointed out it was mylo, I didn't believe you until I counted it out the
second time
at the end of the last post which was waaaay after I saw you point it out) and I haven't really analyzed MCAT except to think he made a towny remark today lol. I also haven't read this page at all or even finished reading the last one necessarily (not sure, have to check) but I'll post if I think of things. It freaks me out that this is MYLO.

I thought scum needed 2 MLs, which is why I thought it was optimal for Xkf to tr me here, since you and murdercat were not looking like you'd be lynched earlier (largely due to jae, but still) and that would mean it'd make sense for xkf to start pushing on one of you before pushing on me, or something. Scratch all that. WIFOM may be possible, but I could say that of anything. "*_*
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2023 (isolation #202) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:43 am

Post by Impoetic »

In post 1998, Xkfyu wrote:
In post 1995, Accountant wrote:Uhhhhhh xkfyu are you aware this is mylo
Shit, you're right. We're 4, not 5.
Okay would scum not know this, Accountant?

I feel like it'd be weird for scum not to know this, so it's either a townslip, a dumbtell, or xkfyu just wasn't thinking about it which seems weird since he's doing VCA which is something I'd expect from someone who would be thinking about how many MLs are needed as scum. Like it's a weak townslip but it does seem like it could be one.

Also, I don't want to NL. I agree that Accountant is really towny and I'm not concerned at all, which is unusual for me, but still. I prefer 3 townies working together over 2. I hope MC comes back soon though. I want him to answer me and contribute.

Jaereed did say MC was like confirmed town and I'll feel really shitty if I end up voting MC and Jae was right. But I'll also feel shitty for just kinda going with the flow at this point.
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2024 (isolation #203) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:51 am

Post by Impoetic »

In post 2007, MURDERCAT wrote:This game requires a full reread, I'll get to it.
huh?

I thought you were feeling confident we were going to win this and certain you could lynch in me and Xkfyu w/o problem, and wanted us to give our best arguments.

Also your "feeling pretty confident we're going to win this" just went from a towntell to a mild scumtell in my eyes. or at least NAI. I've honestly been sheeping jae on you all this time and probably need to iso you now because xkfyu and accountant have succeeded in freaking me out. I think accountant's still probably town.

I don't understand why you suddenly seem to be viewing the stakes as higher. You did know it was MYLO, unlike xk or me, and you were happy not to reread when asking us to give arguments. I hate to say all that because it's like I'm complaining that you're trying to find scum which is not what I want to do but I don't understand where you're coming from and would like more exposition. I don't mind the fact that you're rereading; I mind the fact that I don't know where your reread is coming from.

Did I say that OK?
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2046 (isolation #204) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:44 pm

Post by Impoetic »

I'm not hammering.
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2048 (isolation #205) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:49 pm

Post by Impoetic »

In post 2036, Accountant wrote:I think on a re-read I've found some stuff that seems odd but none of it adds up to anything conclusive. Like when I examine my own thought process I just can't say that "MURDERCAT is scum because X", it doesn't exist. Every time I try to form my thoughts like that it makes X look weak, leaky or vague, which is a hint(at least in the way I conceptualize my reads) that the case against MURDERCAT simply falls apart
(How are you not older than me)
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2051 (isolation #206) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:58 pm

Post by Impoetic »

Meh. I hate to be the huge sheep I am proving myself to be but now I'm feeling OK about hammering Xkfyu again. It was mostly what I perceive(d) as a townslip and the lack of participation causing me to sort of forget hwy I TR'd MC since I never got around to rereading -- I'm lazy -- so I probably will hammer after one more reread. Just a warning.

Predit: oh, okay. Should I delete this message or send it like an honest person? :\

You honestly don't have to do the case if you don't want to; even that 1 post was 9x as towny as p much anything xkfyu has said and the certainty of Jae and Accountant seals the deal for me. Hell, even without that, this is probably over if one of you is scum. I have just basically changed my views according to the tide of the game though, which seems to be happening a lot on this website RIFP.

Anyway yeah don't feel obligated to write something up. Your short burst of posts and Xk's "is it mylo" townslip-like-thing being denied by the person i'm betting the game on make me feel like it's almost certainly not you (or Accountant).

Predit: Physical age. I can't believe someone the same age as me is playing this well and saying things with eloquence. Not how I picture the people I've met who are 16, lol.
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2052 (isolation #207) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:59 pm

Post by Impoetic »

Didn't even notice the join date??? wow
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2056 (isolation #208) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:07 pm

Post by Impoetic »

VOTE: Accountant
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2057 (isolation #209) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:07 pm

Post by Impoetic »

WAIT WRONG PERSON
VOTE: Xkfyu
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2068 (isolation #210) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:24 pm

Post by Impoetic »

lmfaofdkoseweolp;kdfgpkrew'[
In post 2056, Impoetic wrote:VOTE: Accountant
I, uh, told you so! ;D
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2127 (isolation #211) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:55 pm

Post by Impoetic »

In post 2081, Accountant wrote:Most enjoyable town player to play with was definitely Impo, your avatar is adorable :P
lmao, thank you! <3 Yours is cuter.

And I feel the same as murdercat; this was a
really
good game. I feel bad for being so blind the whole time, but on the other hand, I think Accountant pretty much had this. I didn't want Accountant to die because then I'd have a decision on my shoulders in which I wouldn't have the courage to go against Jae's reads if it had ended up being murdercat, and I was totally convinced for the majority of the day that Accountant was basically clear. Sure learned my lesson!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”