Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #2100 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:58 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 2098, Genji wrote:Town should have skipped with 4 alive, thats standard play. Murdercat believed that only accountant would die, and accountant would have to kill one of the townies and everyone would be looking at him more.
Oh man this is so true
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2101 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:59 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

I knew there was no way I was getting lynched today because even if my play was shit, there's 1000 things I could point to that says I'm not scum. I just trusted Accountant and Impo was confirmed which was a mistake, but I like Accountant for town even before the buses and that read wasn't changing.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2102 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:00 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

I'm always no-lynching at MyLo from now on
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2103 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:01 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

Yeah but from my perspective at least Accountant was 100% town and I didn't want to lose the person who could vouch for me.

I guess I will still NL in Mylo in the future but I would have believed Accountant was town still if Impo died.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2104 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:01 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 2091, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 2088, Accountant wrote:I mean the idea is that you can't, and that's what I strive for when I'm scum, to mimic my town play in every aspect. Like, I knew MCAT and Xkfyu was in this game and had seen me hard tunnel a vulnerable player as town D1, so it was a useful disguise for my early bus on ira
Come on, you can't be perfect ;)
What JaeReed said - I know I'm imperfect, but I can't tell you why, because if I knew I would no longer be imperfect. I've only been lynched twice as scum that I can remember - once was my first mafia game ever, where I got townread by everyone except RadiantCowbells, who insisted I was scum... and, sadly, happened to be a cop that I didn't have the guts to kill(I would definitely have done it if that game was today, and won). The second time, funnily enough, was also due to RC - me and my scum partner were taking advantage of the town's cluelessness to trick PRs into revealing themselves through a mass hypo, and RC replaced in and busted us :(
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #2105 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:02 pm

Post by Nahdia »

Yeah, I think Accountant was in a good place to just kill Impoetic there because of the Gunsmith inno.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2106 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:03 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

There was a good chance of mafia doctor though given gunsmith and vig
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2107 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:03 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

Like I just don't see how I could have ever come around to a scum read there, I was just really confident.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2108 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:04 pm

Post by Accountant »

For the record if town had NLed I would've nokilled and if they NLed again I would have engineered an Impo town confirm(pushing Xk to L-1 and letting her not hammer) and then shot the "confirmed town"

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2109 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:04 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 2098, Genji wrote:Town should have skipped with 4 alive, thats standard play. Murdercat believed that only accountant would die, and accountant would have to kill one of the townies and everyone would be looking at him more.
Very much this. I've made this mistake recently. Thinking someone was so town that they'd be killed so I didn't want to no lynch, and it turned out they were scum.

Accountant would have just killed Impo tho and you'd be left with MC and Xk scumreading each other. (which should give some pause but it's not enough to turn against a towny looking slot)
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2110 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:05 pm

Post by Accountant »

I think I could have won in a 3P LyLo with MCAT, me and Xk, since I had a valid reason to shoot Impo(she was confirmed) so nobody would look at me extra hard

JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2111 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:05 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 2108, Accountant wrote:For the record if town had NLed I would've nokilled and if they NLed again I would have engineered an Impo town confirm(pushing Xk to L-1 and letting her not hammer) and then shot the "confirmed town"
I tossed up whether you'd no kill but that would make you look worse I think. It basically declares "scum can't safely kill in this situation". Which means scum is in the strongly townread who
should
be the kill. I feel like you would have recognized that.
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2112 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:06 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 2111, JaeReed wrote:
In post 2108, Accountant wrote:For the record if town had NLed I would've nokilled and if they NLed again I would have engineered an Impo town confirm(pushing Xk to L-1 and letting her not hammer) and then shot the "confirmed town"
I tossed up whether you'd no kill but that would make you look worse I think. It basically declares "scum can't safely kill in this situation". Which means scum is in the strongly townread who
should
be the kill. I feel like you would have recognized that.
I just realized that 5 minutes after I made that post lmao

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2113 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:08 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 2110, Accountant wrote:I think I could have won in a 3P LyLo with MCAT, me and Xk, since I had a valid reason to shoot Impo(she was confirmed) so nobody would look at me extra hard
I think I'd look close, but I don't see myself ever voting you.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2114 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:09 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 2095, Infinity 324 wrote:Being aware of your weakness doesn't mean you can fix it. Some scum have trouble faking emotion, sometimes it's hard to tunnel on town, etc
I think I care a lot about getting townread as scum, hence my predilection for bussing(I mean lynching both teammates in half your games is pretty abnormally high). So maybe a hawk-eyes town could notice that? I do try to make my posts as genuine and non artificial as possible but nobody is perfect

JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2115 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:10 pm

Post by JaeReed »

I will say, I did toss up shooting MC for the lolz N1. I thought that would have been hilarious because I was sure I'd be the N1 kill and would end up in the dead thread with him.

I decided to not be a troll, though.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2116 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:12 pm

Post by Accountant »

You were a bad shot N1 because an IC in 9-3 almost certainly implies town doc and you were talking about how you'd die N1 and stuff.

JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2117 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:13 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 2114, Accountant wrote:
In post 2095, Infinity 324 wrote:Being aware of your weakness doesn't mean you can fix it. Some scum have trouble faking emotion, sometimes it's hard to tunnel on town, etc
I think I care a lot about getting townread as scum, hence my predilection for bussing(I mean lynching both teammates in half your games is pretty abnormally high). So maybe a hawk-eyes town could notice that? I do try to make my posts as genuine and non artificial as possible but nobody is perfect
I'll be honest here. I thought you were with me on lynching tam slot regardless of claim because you noticed that I basically claimed vig by harping on about my shitty shot :P Which is a lot of where D2 came from with me backing you like I did with MC on D1.

A lot of your stuff was a personal like of your quips so I just kinda piled you into the town reads for it, despite most of it being objectively nothing I wouldn't say as either alignment.. Unlike MC's content which was all strongly alignment indicative.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2118 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:14 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 2116, Accountant wrote:You were a bad shot N1 because an IC in 9-3 almost certainly implies town doc and you were talking about how you'd die N1 and stuff.
Sonrio wasn't on me at all though >.< I don't know why he lied about that. The claim would have been more believable if he told the truth.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2119 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:14 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 2115, JaeReed wrote:I will say, I did toss up shooting MC for the lolz N1. I thought that would have been hilarious because I was sure I'd be the N1 kill and would end up in the dead thread with him.

I decided to not be a troll, though.
Pls
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #2120 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:22 pm

Post by callforjudgement »

In post 2076, Nahdia wrote:Thanks for playing guys. This was my first time modding on the site (with the exception of one marathon) so I apologize if anything was sloppy. Everyone played well from my perspective.
Put it this way: at several points in the game I thought "wait, I thought Nahdia was a first-time mod". You wouldn't have looked out of place modding in the Newbie queue (which has the highest modding standards); the modding standard was much higher than I expect from Mini Normals (which is where new mods go to train).

In terms of the game itself, I'm happy about how it went from a balance point of view (I was one of the setup reviewers). Scum just played better here, and the ending is about what we'd expect from a game that works like that. It's always nervewracking when you have the responsibility for making sure the setup is balanced, because screwing that up can leave the players rather upset. If anyone has comments about the balance, please let me know. (And if you're curious to see how the setup came about, the review thread's been opened, and Nahdia linked it above.)

Btw, the whole "who is the vig" guessing game was hilarious, and I'm considering nominating it for Kodak Moment. (I guess it was even funnier in the reviewer position, where you don't know who's scum, but you
do
know which power roles exist and thus that the IC is also a vig.)
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2121 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:24 pm

Post by Accountant »

I'll be honest here. I thought you were with me on lynching tam slot regardless of claim because you noticed that I basically claimed vig by harping on about my shitty shot
I actually never noticed that but I sure as hell wasn't going to contradict you when you said I did :P

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2122 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:25 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

I did like Ira's "JJD is fake claiming gunsmith and is actually vig"
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2123 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:28 pm

Post by iraonavp »

In post 2122, MURDERCAT wrote:I did like Ira's "JJD is fake claiming gunsmith and is actually vig"
Well, I thought that because of how there was already a follower dead and he seemed to be softclaiming by agreeing with me about shooting Sonia.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2124 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:32 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

That follower hammer did really hurt us.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”