Archaist
Archaist
Goon
Archaist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:43 pm

Post by Archaist »

What's the benefit of trying to quick-lynch someone right away?
Archaist
Archaist
Goon
Archaist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (isolation #1) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:30 am

Post by Archaist »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:I think there's at least one person who doesn't have any WMDs. My job is to find that person and nuke him.
How do you know that person will be Mafia? And why did you put someone at L-1 so early in the game?
Vote: Albert B. Rampage
Archaist
Archaist
Goon
Archaist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (isolation #2) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:10 am

Post by Archaist »

If you're asking about reasons for role hinting you should be asking Albert B. Rampage:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:I'm obviously the highest risk to the town atm. However I am not allied with Disney Land, Hollywood or the mafia. HINT: I have a general called Nkunda under my command.
Why would he come out and say he was a risk to the town unless he has some condition that requires him to be at L-1 or something before launching a nuke? If he doesn't have any such special condition then he's practically asking to be lynched, which doesn't make any sense to me.
Archaist
Archaist
Goon
Archaist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (isolation #3) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:33 am

Post by Archaist »

Well, if it's a question of lynching him or nuking him it's definitely better to lynch because we avoid having 1 or 2 (if he can retaliate) nukes adding to a possible nuclear winter.
Archaist
Archaist
Goon
Archaist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (isolation #4) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:18 am

Post by Archaist »

First of all, I'd like to know how Albert B. Rampage is so sure Mr. Flay is scum. Secondly, if he wasn't lying about having Nkunda in his control, that means he is the Democratic Republic of Congo, which is a country that does not have nuclear weapons. For all we know his nuke could be a bluff. Of course, the other alternative is that the country set up in this game has nothing to do with who has nukes in real life.
Archaist
Archaist
Goon
Archaist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (isolation #5) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:51 am

Post by Archaist »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:wtf Yos ? I thought everything was assumed nuclear until impact !?!?
Based on that overreaction I'm betting that his nuke is a bluff.
Archaist
Archaist
Goon
Archaist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (isolation #6) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:59 am

Post by Archaist »

EBWOP: Never mind, I realized that his statement leads to a lot of WIFOM.
Archaist
Archaist
Goon
Archaist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (isolation #7) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:12 pm

Post by Archaist »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Flay. Claim. Time is running out and you WILL die.
What's the point of getting someone to claim if they're going to die anyway? Do you have any way to stop the nuke from landing or something if he claims pro-town? Acutally, now I am getting more confident in my original assumption that your nuke was a bluff.
Archaist
Archaist
Goon
Archaist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (isolation #8) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:15 pm

Post by Archaist »

Yeah, but it doesn't really matter since he already launched. The target will presumably die anyway. Knowing what role it is won't change anything, will it?
Archaist
Archaist
Goon
Archaist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (isolation #9) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:23 pm

Post by Archaist »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Why are you trying to discredit me before Flay has had a chance to react ?
I'm trying to show that it's likely your nuke is a bluff and that your posts are scummy. I post when I'm online and I have something to comment on, other people reacting has nothing to do with it.
Archaist
Archaist
Goon
Archaist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (isolation #10) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:26 pm

Post by Archaist »

Because if you are in fact bluffing then we can avoid having another nuke launched and adding to the total leading to nuclear winter.
Archaist
Archaist
Goon
Archaist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (isolation #11) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:36 pm

Post by Archaist »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:First of all, if I am bluffing there is no 'another'. Second, assuming I am not bluffing, why would someone risk nuking me before the 48 hours have past, and possibly risk me retaliating, making nuclear winter closer to becoming a reality ?
First of all, even if you are bluffing there could be "another," that being Flay's retaliation or someone else nuking you. Secondly, assuming you are not bluffing then I agree with you, other people should not launch right now. You misunderstand me, I'm saying that we should simply avoid launching any more nukes right now. In my opinion people would be less likely to retaliate if they think you nuke is a bluff (which I think there is some evidence for), so that's all that I'm saying.
Archaist
Archaist
Goon
Archaist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (isolation #12) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:40 pm

Post by Archaist »

Ok, have your syntax your way. It would still be 1 nuke closer to the end of the world.
Archaist
Archaist
Goon
Archaist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (isolation #13) » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:44 am

Post by Archaist »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:These are things that Rampage does.
What kind of excuse is that? Saying that your scummy actions should be ignored because they are normal for you is not a valid excuse. All you're doing with that statement is hiding behind your "usual" behavior and using it to give a "reason" you are not scummy now. You're basically saying "I always do X, so that doesn't mean X is scummy now." Well, no, if X is a scummy action then X should be considered scummy every time, otherwise that player can always just hide behind the excuse of "usual behavior."

I'm also missing why schismatized decided to nuke JDodge. That seemed to come out of nowhere.
Archaist
Archaist
Goon
Archaist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (isolation #14) » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:36 pm

Post by Archaist »

Ok, nobody launch now, it will just delay ABR getting lynched.
Archaist
Archaist
Goon
Archaist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (isolation #15) » Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:24 pm

Post by Archaist »

Well then maybe you shouldn't have launched at JDodge for no apparent reason. I read through again and you nuking him really seemed to come out of nowhere, what was the point of that?
Archaist
Archaist
Goon
Archaist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (isolation #16) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:39 am

Post by Archaist »

Flameaxe wrote:Gonna reread and look at Schis interactions. Wee.
Flameaxe wrote:Vote: Archaist.
Care to explain what interactions you think I had with Schis? Or did you just forget you were going to do a re-read? I don't see the point of random voting at this stage.

Anyway, from my looking at schismatizeds past posts I think we can learn a few things. He tried to nuke Flameaxe in post #107, so I don't think Flameaxe is scum. Then again, schis could have realized that he couldn't actually nuke anyone else and thus made that post to distance himself.
schismatized wrote:Also. DoS is not scum.
This seemed to come out of nowhere also. Knowing he was going to die, he probably decided to wifom the town a bit, but DoS has been pretty inactive and didn't make any very useful posts or arguments. Re-reading, I realized just how little DoS has contributed:
Page 1 - random vote
Page 2 - changes random vote
Page
(note no posts between pages 2-8) - unvotes and expressed doubt about ABR's scummyness. Maybe he was just being cautious, but ABR was seriously looking scummy then. Or rather, maybe he knew ABR would turn out town and wanted out of that wagon.
Page 9 - clarifies unvote and says "YARLY"...
Page 10 - another worthless post with no substance
Page 11 - Votes me for absolutely no stated reason.
I think with this it's clear to see how much DoS has been lurking and that he has
not once
made any sort of case or argument. That, combined with schis's quote that "DoS is not scum" makes him my top suspect right now.
Vote: DragonsofSummer
Archaist
Archaist
Goon
Archaist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (isolation #17) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:55 am

Post by Archaist »

UltimaAvalon wrote:I don't like how Archaist did absolutely nothing, then launched an attack on the first person to random vote him.
What do you mean I did nothing? I did far more than DoS for one, I at least gave reasons and made a case for voting. If you want to vote people for doing nothing then vote DoS. Also, if you would actually read my last post you will see that his random vote on me is hardly a factor my case against him; it's the lurking, worthless posts, and schis's comment that make me suspect DoS.
Archaist
Archaist
Goon
Archaist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (isolation #18) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:02 am

Post by Archaist »

Flameaxe wrote:And how are you so sure that Schis' comment was truth, and was planned to make you think the way you are thinking right now?
Archaist wrote:Knowing he was going to die,
he probably decided to wifom the town a bit
, but DoS has been pretty inactive and didn't make any very useful posts or arguments.
I never said I was "so sure," I realize it can go either way. It's not schis's comment by itself, and it's not DoS's lurking and worthless posts by themselves, it's the combination of the two.
Archaist
Archaist
Goon
Archaist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (isolation #19) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:03 am

Post by Archaist »

EBWOP: and the comment about ABR, as I mentioned before. That's 3 reasons, not just schis' comment.
Archaist
Archaist
Goon
Archaist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (isolation #20) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:06 am

Post by Archaist »

Flameaxe wrote:Lurking being used as a scumtell always makes me lawl.
Well then, how about you tell us what you got from your promised re-read and looking into schis' interactions?
Archaist
Archaist
Goon
Archaist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (isolation #21) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:13 am

Post by Archaist »

Flameaxe wrote:No one intensionally re-reads. Duh.
... :roll: How about you explain this then:
Flameaxe wrote:Gonna reread and look at Schis interactions.
Archaist
Archaist
Goon
Archaist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (isolation #22) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:20 am

Post by Archaist »

Flameaxe wrote:Ok, I reread it. No interactions with alive players.
Yes, except for trying to nuke you and saying DoS isn't scum. Both those actions can lead to wifom, but they're still interactions.
Archaist
Archaist
Goon
Archaist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (isolation #23) » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:40 pm

Post by Archaist »

stark wrote:Also, what's the thing against archaist?
I would like to know as well. All I did was post some observations and suspicions about DoS, and now I'm at L-1, does that say anything to you?
Archaist
Archaist
Goon
Archaist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (isolation #24) » Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:20 pm

Post by Archaist »

I don't see the point of claiming. No matter what I am I'm just going to say "pro-town." Because of that, I think those who are pushing hard for me to claim should be looked at more closely. I'm in one of those situations where no matter what I say it can be used against me, which is perfect for the mafia.
Archaist
Archaist
Goon
Archaist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (isolation #25) » Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:59 pm

Post by Archaist »

I'm not choosing the latter, I claimed pro-town.
Archaist
Archaist
Goon
Archaist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (isolation #26) » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:30 am

Post by Archaist »

I have no idea why ChaosOmega would not retaliate against UltimaAvalon unless he was a scum partner. Either they are both scum, and CO knows that UA doesn't actually have any nukes so he didn't retaliate, or they are scum and CO is willing to be sacrificed for the sake of the game.

I am not going to claim anything other than pro-town, but I will
Unvote, Vote UltimaAvalon.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”