Pokemon: GO

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #308 (isolation #0) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:31 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

I just need one more Eevee to evolve, has anyone tried that nickname trick?
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #411 (isolation #1) » Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:07 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

The footprints are being fixed, I just hope it's soon
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #446 (isolation #2) » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:27 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

So today the game bought an incense for me whilst I was walking with my phone in my pocket.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #447 (isolation #3) » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:27 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

A lucky egg I could live with but an incense
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #453 (isolation #4) » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:01 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

At level 20+ you can get the coins for eggs
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #455 (isolation #5) » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:25 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

No they're definitely cheaters
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #457 (isolation #6) » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:56 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Bots or something, I doubt they're that level legitimately on two accounts
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #493 (isolation #7) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:17 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

A new nearby tracker is slowly being rolled out

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/ ... e0a3951ef1

The sightings feature most/all of have right now is still useful though, scans for all pokemon within 700ft (200m) every ~10s, does not show duplicates or lured pkemon
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #512 (isolation #8) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:52 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Can't you turn sleep mode off?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #541 (isolation #9) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:34 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

The Eevee nest by my house changed to Kabuto, so I don't think that's a hard and fast list
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #555 (isolation #10) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:16 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

If anyone hasn't heard, a Halloween event has gone live until Nov 1st.

Double candy for catches, eggs and transfers
Distance for buddy candy is quartered

Increased spawns of
Gastly
Haunter
Gengar
Zubat
Golbat
Drowzee
Hypno
Cubone
Marowak
Meowth
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #562 (isolation #11) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:37 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Picked it back up for the new mons, just need Chansey, Togetic, Pichu, Elekid and Magby for my regional dex
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #577 (isolation #12) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:57 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

What level are you?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #725 (isolation #13) » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:11 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

3 and 4 are acceptable, the rest no
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #728 (isolation #14) » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:25 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 723, Fenchurch wrote:1. Getting a player on a different team to knock a space in a gym of your own team so that you can add to it
2. Using a second account on a different team to knock a space in a gym of your own team so that you can add to it
3. Using golden berries to defend a gym you are holding, whilst someone is trying to take it down
4. Getting players on your team to help defend a gym before an ex raid, even though they don’t have a pass to that raid
5. Using a second account on your own team to help defend a gym before an ex raid
6. Getting a player on a different team to help you remove a specific player from a gym, without affecting the rest of the players occupying that gym
7. Using a second account to knock your own pokemon out of a gym so that you get coins
1. Not really in the spirit getting your mon into a gym should be, you should be taking down another team's gym if you can't get in one of your own
2. I'm inclined to say no to anything involving a 2nd account, but specifically about this, see above
3. I stopped playing a while ago so don't know exactly what golden berries do, but I don't think it matters whether someone is currently taking a gym or not, you can always defend it/power it up
4. Again don't know the exact mechanics of EX Raids, but I don't see the issue with bolstering your own teams gym, even with no direct immediate benefit, it could easily benefit you in the future
5. I don't understand the benefit of this versus using your main account, so I can't say
6. If this is some personal give and take you have with someone, cool, otherwise you shouldn't be targetting people out of gyms, gyms should be attacked to take it from another team
7. This one isn't actually bad I guess, other than using a second account this is whatever
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #729 (isolation #15) » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:28 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 727, Fenchurch wrote:
In post 725, Not_Mafia wrote:3 and 4 are acceptable, the rest no
Thanks for the answer! Can you explain why? A particular dilemma I have is between 1 and 4. These both involve other players helping you in a way that doesn't directly benefit them. Why would one be okay and the other not?
I think 1 is just helping someone sabotage their own team for personal gain, even if it does make the gym stronger
4 is someone aiding people on their team, which could help them in future, e.g. someone who had a pass returns the favour on a day you do and they don't etc.. I can't really think of a circumstance where defending your own gym would be bad

Return to “The Arcade”