Theme Test Market

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Comparing Realities
Comparing Realities
Goon
Comparing Realities
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4406 (isolation #0) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:11 pm

Post by Comparing Realities »

Mastermind Mafia (Open Mini)

- 13 Players
  • 7 Vanilla Townie
    1 Town Voteless Governor
    1 Town Spy

3 Mafia Goons

1 Mastermind
- While the Mastermind is alive, Mafia meetings are anonymous. They will not know for sure who the others are, but may still talk one with another. Claiming is allowed. The Mastermind is present in these conversations. They will vote on who to target for the nightkill. An anonymous off-site meeting, such as Quicktopic, is created and presided over by the host. A majority of the current scum population, Mafia plus Mastermind, has to agree to the nightkill, else it will not go through. Electing not to perform a nightkill is allowed.
- The Mastermind has a one-time gun that they may use to anonymously kill anyone at any time. If the gun is shot during the day, the votes will be reset, and the deadline moved back two days. If used at night, the gun work instantaneously; Mafia Goons would be removed from the game and the discussion immediately, rather than at the beginning of the next day.
- If the Mafia “win” while the Mastermind is still alive, controlling half or more of the town, the Mastermind instead will win, and the Mafia will lose. The Mafia have to get rid of that jerk before they can get on with their takeover. The Mastermind is not counted in the calculations for a Mafia win; the Mafia themselves must control 50% of the town population.
- The Spy hears everything the Mastermind says during the Mafia meeting.
- One of the Mafia goons starts the game knowing the identity of the Spy.
- Once per game, the Governor may override any lynch, saving that player from being removed from the game. This is considered to be a no-lynch. The Governor may override their own lynch. The Governor remains anonymous during this process. The Governor is voteless.
- The Mastermind starts the game knowing the identity of the Governor.
- All lynches must be done by a majority. Game starts on Night 0, wherein no kill may be made.
Comparing Realities
Comparing Realities
Goon
Comparing Realities
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4409 (isolation #1) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:19 pm

In post 4408, KuroiXHF wrote:Also, I've been thinking of a theme game for when I'm able to. I'm still brainstorming to myself a concept of Back to the Future Mafia for the Theme Park, and that would include Time Travel. My thoughts were that there would not be spoilers given in the dead thread (or there may not be a dead thread), they had the possibility of coming back.
How would you ensure they can't just access the original thread while they're dead?
Comparing Realities
Comparing Realities
Goon
Comparing Realities
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4411 (isolation #2) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:27 pm

Is time travel just reviving, or is there something more to it? Because there ought to be restrictions on the information you can carry with you. It is time travel after all, sufficient mid screwing is an obligation.
I have little hope for democracy as an effective means of government, but I admire the poetry of how it makes its victims complicit in their own destruction.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”