League of Legends: The New Thread

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #27 (isolation #0) » Fri May 20, 2016 7:03 pm

Post by theelkspeaks »

new LoL thread? surprised but I'm a bit out of date on the old one.
theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #504 (isolation #1) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:06 am

Post by theelkspeaks »

I'm intending to get back into playing League a little more, anyone have any links/tips on the current masteries/runes? Haven't played since like November or so.
theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #506 (isolation #2) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:12 am

Post by theelkspeaks »

In post 505, Draynth wrote:I'd recommend just looking up whatever champ you want to play on probuilds.net and looking through 2/3 to see what's common. Easily the best way of doing it
Fair enough - in past seasons I found a list of "the 11 mastery pages you need", or something like that, wasn't sure if there was one of those for the new season floating around.
theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #519 (isolation #3) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:48 pm

Post by theelkspeaks »

In post 180, animorpherv1 wrote:So, I saw something interesting on reddit. Your pitting a rainbow team (bronze -> diamond) against a team of all gold players. Who do you put where?

Spoiler: My Choices!
Top - Bronze

Your bronze toplaner would ideally play maokai or malphite or something that has an impact regardless of how much gold they have, and can farm relatively safely. They can also receive the occasional jungle gank if things go poorly.

Jungler - Platinum

The platinum tier jungler should know how to exploit gold players and be able to be where they need the jungler to be. As a bonus, the plat jungler may be able to play nidalee or kindred effectively and shut the game out before it begins.

Mid - Diamond

This is to have a lane that wins almost every time (or at least goes even) and knows how to roam, so you effectively have 2 junglers when you need it.You can put the midlaner on TF for global pressure!

ADC - Silver

an ADC is nothing if they don't get proper peel, so having a lower tier player on ADC seems ;like a good strat so they can receive proper peel. Additionally, a silver player is less likely to go 1v5'ing on ADC then a bronze may if they get ahead.

Support - Gold

Gold support should be able to go even in lane vs. other gold players and keep the ADC relatively safe.
Late to the party, but

Even though I mostly play Support/ADC when I play alone (high Bronze/low Silver player here), I usually play top or jungle when I play with friends who are better than me (high Gold) (whether normals or 5s, haven't played in dynamic queue with them yet.) I just get on a tank, farm as much as I can without dying, and try to peel/CC as hard as I can. I can play an ok tank when playing solo, but for me having actual voice comms makes a huge difference in my ability to play tanks, and that I think my bad mechanics will cost me more in the bot lane than in top or jungle.
theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #569 (isolation #4) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:08 am

Post by theelkspeaks »

At 5-2 in Provisionals so far: 1-0 on Nami, 2-1 on Sona, 2-1 on Malphite. Hoping to finish out my last 3 today!
theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #571 (isolation #5) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:33 am

Post by theelkspeaks »

In post 570, Maestro wrote:
In post 569, theelkspeaks wrote:At 5-2 in Provisionals so far: 1-0 on Nami, 2-1 on Sona, 2-1 on Malphite. Hoping to finish out my last 3 today!
Play Nami
I only played Nami because Sona was picked by the other team, my Sona is usually better than my Nami, but yeah, Nami is awesome too!
theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #598 (isolation #6) » Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:32 pm

Post by theelkspeaks »

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends. ... b=overview

Not my best game but definitely a very crazy game, wow!
theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #615 (isolation #7) » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:37 pm

Post by theelkspeaks »

Final results of 7-3 placement, ended up in Bronze II! Can't complain about that at all!
theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #616 (isolation #8) » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:38 pm

Post by theelkspeaks »

In post 599, Maestro wrote:How in God's name did you win against 5 dragons?
Mostly because we got 5 on 4s without their Syndra present, and being heavy armor we were able to pull off some teamfight wins. Also somehow just Kog going bonkers in lategame because that's what Kog does.
theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #622 (isolation #9) » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:56 am

Post by theelkspeaks »

In post 618, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 615, theelkspeaks wrote:http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends. ... b=overview

Final results of 7-3 placement, ended up in Bronze II! Can't complain about that at all!
Dude I feel boosted as hell, I went the same I placed Bronze I. Played with my friend, we lost, he got demoted, I didn't, despite being lower in our league. The ranked system loves me and I feel so dirty for it.

Probably means you were higher than me last season, I was only hovering around the Bronze II/III border last season, so you probably had a higher starting MMR.
theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #700 (isolation #10) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:37 am

Post by theelkspeaks »

I played about as well as I think I possibly could in this game, but I still got a B.

Kind of frustrated because I'm chasing the elusive S, but pretty happy otherwise. I'm in promos up to Bronze I now!
theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #753 (isolation #11) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:58 am

Post by theelkspeaks »

Up to Bronze I!

Current champ pool
(first choice/second choice)

Top: Nautilus/Malphite
Mid: Malzahar/Brand
Support: Sona/Nami

I switch which two of those three I put into the box. Been going pretty well so far, just gotta keep this going!
theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #830 (isolation #12) » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:24 pm

Post by theelkspeaks »

I rarely play with anyone, I usually play ranked and solo-queue probably 95% of my total League time or more, so I'm not just playing support because of a group of friends. Ideally, I'd actually like an option that was like fill, but actually tried to give you each role 20% of the time instead of just whichever would get you into game the fastest. Currently I list mid>top or mid>supp when I play, and I'm pretty happy to play any of the three (mid being the hardest to get leads to it always being the one I list first to get more balance).

I love playing support even in Bronze, because it's fun as hell to poke people down in lane for your ADC, and high impact ults like Sona/Nami can 100% turn a teamfight. Additionally, I love the feeling of putting a clutch heal (summoner or ability) onto a teammate to save them at the last second. Supports can have huge leverage even in low ELO, though it can be tough.

When I do play with a group of people, I usually play top or jungle, but that's mostly because I want my mechanical mistakes to be less costly to my team, and want to play to what I can do in a coordinated group - yell, "hey, we're fighting now" and malph/j4/naut into a group of the enemy team. This in part comes from my experience regularly playing with a group of friends in Heroes of the Storm, too, where I was our designated shotcaller and played tanks.
theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #842 (isolation #13) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:01 pm

Post by theelkspeaks »

One of my RL friends who plays League mains Teemo and is upper Gold, so it's definitely viable. Play whatever you like!

Return to “The Arcade”