League of Legends: The New Thread

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
lil g
lil g
Watcher
lil g
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #443 (isolation #0) » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:14 am

Post by lil g »

Hiphop doesn't have gold disease, he's got kicked dog disease.
Someone said something to him last night during a rageblade vayne fiasco and we got an actual laundry list of excuses, I think doing laundry might actually have been one of the excuses. Poor guy needs to focus when he plays cause when he stops paying attention, he drops 3 tiers.

Oh wait, I know someone else who has that exact same problem but it's usually phone related...
lil g
lil g
Watcher
lil g
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #447 (isolation #1) » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:00 am

Post by lil g »

Fizz is still amazing "post nerf", I've never played bruiser Fizz and I've never wanted to, just play Maokai or TK or some shit if that's what you want.
I play redline fizz because it's hilarious and the stuff you can get into and sometimes get out of is just too much fun.

He's got some ridiculously bad lane matchups especially in-meta but you can still stomp out low elo if you refuse to fight and just cruise around. Giving up a ton of cs is not most people's idea of a good time but you have decent waveclear if you can find a wave to scoop. General AP and itemization buffs have helped him a great deal since 40% cdr is baked in the cake for all mids now with great items that everyone wants. AND you never have to buy a NLR as a building block item early in the game if you don't have the money or simply don't want to since lb and zhonya both grow out of cheap easy pieces, the most expensive thing you ever have to buy is a blasting wand.

It's a pretty great time for him but some of the lanes are just brutal, like unplayable if you're against someone competent. You can hide him in the jungle if you just want to be a general stinko since he clears fine and ganks are brutal but it's probably not what your team needs (Fuck 'em). Plus when you really smash somebody you get to yell out the absolute best non-offensive and/or bannable thing for it (although I'm sure I will be banned for it) which is
Spoiler:
MERRY FISHMAS!

edit i just got chat banned for a big chatlog of fish puns with one well-placed "go fuck yourself"
lil g
lil g
Watcher
lil g
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #459 (isolation #2) » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:09 pm

Post by lil g »

I wouldn't go so far as to say it's your "fault" when you get beat by someone better than you, I'd say it's your fault when you just relentlessly feed and mentally give up because you're playing someone better than you.

You can lose a lane quietly and still keep it close, give up what you have to, and get what you can, even if all you can get is experience and no cs. Experience and no cs is infinitely better than dead. If you keep your lane close you can sneak out to grab some jungle or look for a gank, and if someone else is significantly ahead on your team, you still have a game when you get out of laning.

If there were less 0-4 laners in this game it would be a much better game, because you would get to actually play it a lot more.
lil g
lil g
Watcher
lil g
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #485 (isolation #3) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:30 am

Post by lil g »

Ryze again??
Holy shit just stop, he's been fully remade what four times already? He has brief, shining moments of OP due to itemization and then he gets nerfed into oblivion, a rapid fire caster is always going to be famine or feast. Stop the madness, stop the ryze.
I'd rather see LOL2 get announced but only half the roster gets to migrate. Leave all the shitters and new champs home, and start over trying to "balance" this pile.
lil g
lil g
Watcher
lil g
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #895 (isolation #4) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:04 am

Post by lil g »

Son of gnar.
Stop making new champs and remake ryze a few more times.
lil g
lil g
Watcher
lil g
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #905 (isolation #5) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:21 pm

Post by lil g »

Banning Kled is valid even more than a usual "hey this guy on my ranked team is first-timing the new champ? no" reasons, since a bad Kled player is going to be at a huge disadvantage because he loses access to his ult and snare if he is dismounted and then has to play the "get my mount back" minigame before you can engage. Yeah, the mechanic is comparable to Gnar and Shyvana, and no you can't become indefinitely gimped, but the question does have to be asked: why bother? A fragile skirmishing toplaner?

If losing the mount works how it says it does, he has officially passed Chogath for biggest champion drawback.
lil g
lil g
Watcher
lil g
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #958 (isolation #6) » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:25 am

Post by lil g »

If it's any consolation, there's probably no world where a single adc of any build can 1v5 against a full team of ap glass cannons. On the one hand you're tristana so you might get lucky on a big reset and you can rip towers. On the other hand, they're probably smurfs since they all have standard ap builds and good scores vs your team's total garbage.

I'd say don't sweat the small stuff, you'll lose a ton of games no matter what, and if you can have any fun in this game you're way ahead of ...well, all of us, I think.
lil g
lil g
Watcher
lil g
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #2169 (isolation #7) » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:18 pm

Post by lil g »

silver smurf trip report: 7-3, placed s5.
lots of wildly uneven games. can anyone explain the phrase "boosted animal" because it's everywhere.
got forced into top once, got forced into support twice and I think jungle once. makes the games a little less playable if you're a specialty act like the silver gatekeeper.

if you want to watch the will of one man against the raging pile of 9 men with no will, it's a FIFTY minute fizz game. The last couple minutes are pretty exciting! http://www.replay.gg/search/na/jestersdead#2357972090
In the center ring, I feature against the world's worst midlaner TF who walks into many sharks, but it all goes south quickly and I have a hilarious mindgame against the fizz-killing squad of Karma, Poppy, and Kayle. Did NOT get reported after the game! Reformed!

Return to “The Arcade”