pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:14 am

Post by pickemgenius »

ryan wrote:
Pug89 wrote:
mneme wrote: Was (later) claimed to be based on lurking/inactiivty -- but Flare's inactivity was thorough enough to not be able to draw much on it, and there were others who were lurking more and more scummily.
I believe the reason Flare was nominated was not because he wasn't posting but because he was not contributing.
ryan wrote: I NEVER claimed scum, stop twisting things around.
There is no reason for you not to know that a floater in this game is a townie. I can understand not knowing what a floater is if your not familiar with BB, but it's obvious that it is a townie in the context of the game and there is no exuse for not knowing that since all of the role PMs are on the first page.
I understand that a floater is town, my question was and has been, WHY is it called a floater. Is nobody else reading my comments? Come on now.
floaters don't really do much gamewise. usually there are two power alliances in Big Brother that try and get each other out. floaters just kind of sit there and let it happen.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:24 am

Post by ryan »

PMG: THANK YOU! I've been looking for this answer the entire darn game.
[i]Please remove your head from your ass before you vote.[/i]
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:45 am

Post by distad »

ryan wrote:Skruffs and distad: You guys both seemed a little disappointed in the reasoning for why you were voted (with being your predecessor's were inactive for the most part) Do you feel nominating lurkers is a good or bad thing?
I'm not disappointed in the reasoning at all. I'm just disappointed that my predecessor was nominated, period. Being in what equates to a lylo situation for me stinks. I'd certainly rather be on the other side of the equation.

That said, I'm going to try to make the best of it and help however I can.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:47 am

Post by ryan »

distad: Do you believe you would be more helpful than Skruffs if you were allowed to stay in the house another day?
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:50 am

Post by distad »

Of course! That's not a critique of Skruffs, though. As a replacement, I'm sure he's leaps and bounds above his predecessor. However, the same is true for me, and I'm confident enough in myself that I can be a great help to the town; far more than my predecessor was, as well.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:53 am

Post by ryan »

What about lurkers? Should they be nominated automatically?
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:56 am

Post by distad »

That's a tough call. The mod is building in measures to avoid that, though. If people don't post, he'll replace them.

It's the *active* lurking that hurts. People that hop on and post without actually contributing should be nominated. At the very least, it will force their hands.

I would try for more of a combination of them and people who have been inherently 'scummy'.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:03 pm

Post by ryan »

Fair enough distad. Thank you.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:57 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Ryan, any questions for me?
Thought not. :)

If you guys really want to look at play rather than ask distad why he's better than me, maybe you should actually, I dunno, look at who's been talking and asking questions and poking around since they replaced in. Again, Distad is laying low, commenting on relevant issues but not getting in anyone's way, because he doesn't want to get voted out. Unfortunately, when you are nominated, you have to go and put every last thing you want to say out there, because if you don't, and you get nominated, you've lost your chance to.

I can understand why Ryan would be upset at me since I called him out on his mistake whereas Distad was just intending to casually discuss the nature of lurkers.
Mneme, similarly, put out the first vote and I still can't exactly understand why except thruogh vague terms. If Ryan and mneme ARE scum, they are both trying to push votes towards me, and away from Distad. Does that mean distad is scum? No, not necessarily, but I think that it should be obvious that if people think ryan is scum they should be doing the opposite of what he is suggesting.

Anyways, I will not be around much after THursday, I'm working security at a convention. I can access mscum from my cell phone and will attempt to do my best to be vocal and active, as I have been. This is basically my "Final plead", though, and I really, REALLY want to suggest to you all that I will be valuable to town later on in the game. I've made a few mistakes regarding understanding how the game works, but now that they are cleared up, and they were honest mistakes....

Anyways.

things to consider:
I don't like StD publicly 'trolling' for an alliance, even if it is joking. When I later asked if he was friend or foe, he said neither, and that was kind of odd, too, because he is usually (and has been through most of the game) very jocular. I didn't really push it because of what happened with Ryan and distad and mneme. And it's a personal thing, too, so I wouldn't expect anyone to understand where I am coming from, either. But I'm dumping it out, now.

Ryan didn't know what the term floater was.
"The "no worries if I'm voted out I'll be back statements" are starting to really confuse me. Who says our mod would allow either of you two to replace back in if it was deemed necessary? What exactly do you mean by a "floater?" "
He was asking why people kept using the term 'floater'. This was not "What is a floater', he is asking why that term was being used and in what context - as in, what is a floater in mafia-terms, such as, "What do you mean, "OMGUS"?", etc.

Mneme - Placed a vote on me without really discussing it first. Immediately after Ryan asks what a floater is, he jumps on me, tryign to direct attention to me. He's been contradictory in saying that the least liked players are most likely mafia, saying that the town probably doesn't know who the mafia is, and saying that the first HoH is probably scum. Goes all over the place and is just SCUM.

Distad - see above. Again, playign cool, is claiming to be scum hunting but hasn't said much original scum hunting posts.
His claim that he made up 25% of the posts on page ten to demonstrate he was scumhunting, but here is a breakdown of those posts.
Fours posts consisting of: One part bemoaning me and him both replacing in as nominees, one part obvious post (something mneme accused me of but not him),
one part claim to be floater/response to Ryan's first set of questions directed to solely him, and one part discussion of the term floater (not scum huntign at all, just casual conversation).

DOS - The first HoH rarely makes it very far. In this case, it was a popularity contest.
Possible reason why he may have been nominated: scum thought he would be an easy target to put in the spot light . Scum want to stay in the middle of the piopularity polls, THAT's what I said in my first analysis of the game and my first critique of him.

His nominees were 'safe', which is unfortuante, because town has to take risks to hunt scum in this game, especially when the mechanics are focussed so much on One player making decisions. His choosing the 'least likely' nominees might have made sense at the time but, much like distad's play, it is self-serving in the end. Unfortunately to win this game townies need to not be self-serving.

CKillor - he has directly offered to do my bidding if I make him HoH, which, to be honest, is tempting. What are everyone's thoughts on that? Is that likely a town or a scum move?

Those are the top six players on my radar right now, but I wouldn't take anything I say as verification of their alignment or anything. I of course run the risk of all six of those players (distad and dos) putting their votes on me with almost no chance of retribution, and I think it should be analyzed how they react to this.

Distad should follow up with a similar post with just enough scum hunting for biased players like Mneme to say that he's doing the scum hunting and that I am speaking rubbish. I really feel that if I get lynched today over Distad, that distad is scum and that hte other scum team is probably helping his scum team take advantage of his vulnerable position in order to keep attention on the 'other group'.

If there is other scum hunting giong on, it needs to be more vocal, because I think I am missing it. Hell, you might all decide to vote me out just to shut me up, but I feel that would be a waste.

K?
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:08 pm

Post by distad »

Say what you want, Skruffs. I've already sent in my post to nominate you as HoH if I am evicted.
ckillor
ckillor
Goon
ckillor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:12 pm

Post by ckillor »

i feel uneasy when you say that i will do your bidding if you get voted out. what i said was that i would probably put up ryan and mneme because they have both seemed suspicious, and our views on them happen to be the same. and i do agree with your post
so in big brother fashion
I vote to evict Distad
My bandwagon can beat up your bandwagon.
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:21 pm

Post by DragonsofSummer »

Skruffs I don't get a vote as HoH... I just nominate the people for eviction. I have been very quickly realizing how this game has to be played differently than normal mafia over the past few days, and I admit that choosing the "safe" options (as you put it) for nomination was the wrong thing to do on any other day than day 1. But with so little info before I made my noms I feel it was the best play. I regret that you and Distad had to replace into that situation, but do not regret my decision (mostly based on how quiet the town was being leading up to my nomination deadline).
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:31 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

Skruffs wrote: DOS - The first HoH rarely makes it very far. In this case, it was a popularity contest.
Yea... but this isn't 100% like the gameshow. And there are three known "alliances" of 6, 3 and 3.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love

STREAMING:

ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:13 am

Post by ryan »

Skruffs: I didn't have any questions for you at the time of my questions toward distad, but I'd be more than happy to ask a few (if you are still around)

1) Why do you believe you'd be more helpful in the endgame when we try to eliminate both groups of scum

2) Do you believe your analysis of the 6 you have targeted is a pro town move or just a little wining in order to sway the rest of the town on your side?

3) If you and distad are town (you both seem to pointing toward eachother for HoH) who do you think the scum want out more?
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:52 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

Right now, I'm leaning towards voting for distad.

The only thing I've seen you really discuss in regards to finding scum is ryan asking about the floater role (which I don't think is a major scumtell as some people tried to make it out to be, but I agree that it is suspicious), but I think if it wasn't for Skruffs posting an accusation about it, you wouldn't have jumped on him for it. You posted after ryan asked it, but before Skruffs posted his opinion on it. Here is what you said:
distad wrote:I was confused by the title, also. I wasn't sure if it meant something cultish, but I was advised to check out the description of Page 1. Apparently, it's the "game show's" version of a townie.

And, I certainly do not know if the mod would allow us to rejoin, already having had a chance. But, if not a member of either mafia, there's at least a possibility.
You seem very cordial about it here, sympathizing with him and explaining what a floater was. After Skruffs' post, though, your tone changes a bit:
distad wrote:There was an absolute implicit claiming of non-floater. All of the floaters should, at this point anyway, know what they are. Or, at the *very* least, worked to figure it out.

Dude... you're 11 pages into this game. Are you telling me that you got a pm saying that you were a floater and *DIDN'T* try to figure out what it meant?

I call BS.
So to distad: Why the sudden shift of feeling in regards to what ryan said?

ryan:
ryan wrote:distad: Do you believe you would be more helpful than Skruffs if you were allowed to stay in the house another day?
What were you trying to get exactly from this question? On the surface, it seems you're just asking him if he should be in over Skruffs, and I don't see why he would have any inclination to say anything other than yes.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:55 am

Post by ryan »

CO: I was looking for reasoning WHY he thought he'd be better than Skruffs in our attempt to out the other scum in the game. I didn't want to hear the normal "well I'm a better scum hunter" I wanted some decent reasoning why he thought he could lead us into finding scum.
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:55 am

Post by distad »

I still think that Ryan is part of one of the scum groups, but unlike several people on this site, I don't need a mean or condescending tone to get a point across.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:14 am

Post by Skruffs »

pickemgenius wrote: Yea... but this isn't 100% like the gameshow. And there are three known "alliances" of 6, 3 and 3.
BZZZZT!
[

Wrong! Floater is an alignment, NOT an alliance grouping!
If the floaters were aligned, we would know who each other is. We don't.
Apparently you don't realize this? Cuz ur skum?

dingdingding
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:21 am

Post by Skruffs »

It's not the same, RYan, when I have to ask for it.

1) Then Distad? I don't know. I know I have a lot of experience with big brother games, which this is a mutation of, and kingmaker games, which this is a mutation of, and contagion - a scumchat game, which this is a mutation of. I feel I probably have a strong feeling of how things should go.

2) Both, obviously.

3) Scum want to keep malleable players around. I'm ornery as a bit goat.

Now your turn.
1) Why do you believe you shouldn't be nominated next week, and who should be nommed in your stead?

2) Who would you nominate if you were HoH?

3) Who do you think scum would rather keep around between me and distad?

The reason I want people to say, Now, who they would nominate is because if they change their mind later I want it to be public knowledge that they changed their minds.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:21 am

Post by pablito »

KaleiÐoscøpe replaces Untrod Tripod.
Last edited by pablito on Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sup, later.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:27 am

Post by ryan »

Listen Skruffs, I didn't have time to ask you questions at the time I did to distad. I had specific questions for him I asked, yours were coming today, you didn't pressure me to ask, I was ready and willing to post, but if you want to dismiss that, so be it, I am not going to argue with you.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:59 am

Post by pablito »

FaerieLord replaces Save the Dragons.

Note: Any player that has not posted in thread for 96 consecutive hours is subject to replacing without any notice. However, I can still replace you if you don't post within a 48 time period and I have frequently prodded you before.

Reminder: Vote Deadline is 22:00 EDT Saturday (56 hrs from now).
Sup, later.
FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:12 am

Post by FaerieLord »

Confirming re reading. Voting tomorrow.

If std had some unanswered question, ill try my best to answer them
(1:07:08 AM) Xdaamno: alcohol
(1:07:11 AM) Xdaamno: solves this problem
(1:07:13 AM) Xdaamno: woohoo
Pug89
Pug89
Goon
Pug89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:30 am

Post by Pug89 »

I'm going to reread tommorow and make my final decision on who to vote.
People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people. And then Mal will shoot someone. Someone we like. And their puppy. - Joss Whedon
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:46 am

Post by pickemgenius »

Skruffs wrote:
pickemgenius wrote: Yea... but this isn't 100% like the gameshow. And there are three known "alliances" of 6, 3 and 3.
BZZZZT!
[

Wrong! Floater is an alignment, NOT an alliance grouping!
If the floaters were aligned, we would know who each other is. We don't.
Apparently you don't realize this? Cuz ur skum?

dingdingding
BZZZT!

FLOATERS NEVER NOMINATE OTHER FLOATERS. HENCE IT'S LIKE AN ALLIANCE.

dingdingding

LIKE I SAID THIS ISN'T 100% LIKE THE ACTUAL SHOW.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

STREAMING:

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”