League of Legends: The New Thread

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 7:12 am

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 145, animorpherv1 wrote:Let's be honest, fire dragon is damn strong and can snowball you out of contention or bring you back in the game.
I always get annoyed when a fire dragon actually does pop up, because i always tend to be on a tank in the games that they do pop up (and thus make 0 use of it)

Not that any dragon is really all that useful for tanks since the nerfed the Ocean dragon.
Returning win rate: 4/1, 80%
In the process of creating a game to mod, we will see what it holds.
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 7:50 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

Cloud and mountain aren't too bad if you want to roam or splitpush.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 7:52 am

Post by Iecerint »

Mountain is great because it lets you sneak baron really easily.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 8:19 am

Post by PJ. »

Cloud is great for tanks.

Is elder dragon worth the greater risk vs baron?
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 8:26 am

Post by mykonian »

Tanks. Not voli, darius, or garen. Plz people. Tanks have aoe cc. Bruisers run at people.

sigh.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 8:28 am

Post by PJ. »

That's a stupid distinction.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 8:39 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 147, Randomnamechange wrote:
In post 135, Dwlee99 wrote:I understand the getting camped thing and it sucks (one game by the 14ish minute mark I had two tf ults bot lane, a tp, a volibear waiting in my bush and multiple other volibear lurking around things) but in that case you need to just farm, not try to.engage and fight (otherwise enemy team just tf ults and tps) but in the case of no tanks: Hopefully you dont have to deal with this but what you can do is try to play a safer adc. For example you could go lucian ezreal or caitlyn. Lucian is super strong rn with his mobility dps and burst damage and a billion other reasons. Anyway, you can stay safe with him using his dashes. Ezreal, long range, short cooldown flash so you can stay sage. Caitlyn, proper trap placement and your range plus net will help you stay safe. I would have to see specific games to give better advice but you should probably just ask gendaberry anyway cause he is much better than me.
Lucian and cait are in my top four adcs (second and fourth). Basically people 4 man you every fight if you play lucian, and if you play caitlyn without a frontline the rest of your team dies immediately before you can deal enough damage and you end up being left with 3 people running you down. Adcs don't have enough kite options at the moment and at my elo most players (including myself to a certain extent) aren't good enough at peeling to keep you safe, and you have to rely on your own kiting mechanics which have to be VERY high level to survive at the moment.
In post 138, mykonian wrote:
In post 134, Randomnamechange wrote:Jokes on you, no one plays tanks in silver because they think the are going to carry the game.
Till you realize it's absolutely glorious to be the only tank in a game. Just go completely full tank, your base damages are significant vs people who buy full offensive. And then they have to deal with you or get out of your way, and there is nothing that can deal with you because they cannot stand long enough next to you to kill you because your teammates will wreck them. So they have to "focus the carries", but have no dedicated engage, while your team has peel (which is you, the god of the rift). Everybody in silver can group up and push mid (I mean, it's that or baron...) and you can hardly lose that fight.

I'm pretty sure last season my galio winrate was inflated because I got into many a game like that (picking mid then realizing my top was squish and their entire team was squish).
Yeah, I've started doing that on Shen.
In post 140, Dwlee99 wrote:yea malphite mumu and sejuani are the gods of silver, no?
Yes, but no one plays them. They're kind of like unicorns. Very rare but when seen they fucking spear everything.
In post 141, KaleiÐoscøpe wrote:Dont forgey darius and garen, although they probably go full damage.

Same with amumu and malphite though
Darius you don't see that often, to be honest garen isn't that great and generally gets shut down or ignored.
Top laners I see the most in silver at the moment are champs like Vi, Tryndamere, or Akali.
If youre playing lucian and getting killed at the beginning.of fights youre positioning incorrectly or kiting poorly ngl
I prefer they, thanks :)
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 8:43 am

Spoiler:
In post 156, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 135, Dwlee99 wrote:I understand the getting camped thing and it sucks (one game by the 14ish minute mark I had two tf ults bot lane, a tp, a volibear waiting in my bush and multiple other volibear lurking around things) but in that case you need to just farm, not try to.engage and fight (otherwise enemy team just tf ults and tps) but in the case of no tanks: Hopefully you dont have to deal with this but what you can do is try to play a safer adc. For example you could go lucian ezreal or caitlyn. Lucian is super strong rn with his mobility dps and burst damage and a billion other reasons. Anyway, you can stay safe with him using his dashes. Ezreal, long range, short cooldown flash so you can stay sage. Caitlyn, proper trap placement and your range plus net will help you stay safe. I would have to see specific games to give better advice but you should probably just ask gendaberry anyway cause he is much better than me.
Lucian and cait are in my top four adcs (second and fourth). Basically people 4 man you every fight if you play lucian, and if you play caitlyn without a frontline the rest of your team dies immediately before you can deal enough damage and you end up being left with 3 people running you down. Adcs don't have enough kite options at the moment and at my elo most players (including myself to a certain extent) aren't good enough at peeling to keep you safe, and you have to rely on your own kiting mechanics which have to be VERY high level to survive at the moment.
In post 134, Randomnamechange wrote:Jokes on you, no one plays tanks in silver because they think the are going to carry the game.
Till you realize it's absolutely glorious to be the only tank in a game. Just go completely full tank, your base damages are significant vs people who buy full offensive. And then they have to deal with you or get out of your way, and there is nothing that can deal with you because they cannot stand long enough next to you to kill you because your teammates will wreck them. So they have to "focus the carries", but have no dedicated engage, while your team has peel (which is you, the god of the rift). Everybody in silver can group up and push mid (I mean, it's that or baron...) and you can hardly lose that fight.

I'm pretty sure last season my galio winrate was inflated because I got into many a game like that (picking mid then realizing my top was squish and their entire team was squish).
In post 140, Dwlee99 wrote:yea malphite mumu and sejuani are the gods of silver, no?
Yes, but no one plays them. They're kind of like unicorns. Very rare but when seen they fucking spear everything.
In post 141, KaleiÐoscøpe wrote:Dont forgey darius and garen, although they probably go full damage.

Darius you don't see that often, to be honest garen isn't that great and generally gets shut down or ignored.
Top laners I see the most in silver at the moment are champs like Vi, Tryndamere, or Akali.
If youre playing lucian and getting killed at the beginning.of fights youre positioning incorrectly or kiting poorly ngl

OK. Basically if you go anywhere near the enemy team they immediately dive you. Even in the middle of a teamfight they will stop who they are attacking and dive onto you.
Last edited by Randomnamechange on Wed May 25, 2016 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 9:28 am

Post by PJ. »

Spoiler the quote please
Heat
Heat
Mafia Scum
Heat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 11:46 am

Post by Heat »

me, playing jungle rn: *farms for the entire game*
YOU ARE AWFUL - DGB
Heat why do you replace into a game and then do jack shit - spiffeh
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 12:26 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 157, Randomnamechange wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 156, Dwlee99 wrote:

OK. Basically if you go anywhere near the enemy team they immediately dive you. Even in the middle of a teamfight they will stop who they are attacking and dive onto you.
Use your dash. Use your 1200 range ult. etc. etc.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 2:42 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

riot logic
I was literally 1 v 5'ing them. what the heck >.<
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 5:04 pm

Post by zoraster »

I don't know. Maybe because you only placed 5 wards the whole game?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 5:06 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Wards, more like boreds.

why not just kill the mid and jungler when the gank comes?
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 9:17 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

I place wards then proceed to 1v2 the jungler and top laner as renekton!
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 11:16 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 163, RadiantCowbells wrote:Wards, more like boreds.

why not just kill the mid and jungler when the gank comes?
This is actually what happened. And then eventually all 5 came mid and I killed all of them.without a tower. I probably should ward more, though.
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 11:37 pm

Shen is so good right now :D Won 5/6 recently and got an S- in the game I lost.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2016 1:58 am

Post by Glork »

I should probably play this again now that I have a working computer.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2016 4:40 pm

Post by Chevre »

I know I'm just a newb in an Intro game, but I'm super proud of this fun game as Quinn for the first time:

Her abilities are simple but that was really fun to play!
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2016 4:41 pm

Post by Maestro »

You're also already following Rule #1: do not die! <3
Can we play an intro game sometime, Chevre? I have a smurf.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2016 4:42 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Nice! I suggest moving up to beginner bots ^_^
To be clear: quack
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2016 4:46 pm

Post by Chevre »

In post 169, Maestro wrote:You're also already following Rule #1: do not die! <3
Can we play an intro game sometime, Chevre? I have a smurf.
Sure! I get on pretty sporadically, so it's probably best to friend me (if you're not already?) and then I'll check if you're on and willing!

I don't think my play is very interesting, I pick a champion at random and then pick whatever lane looks the least capable (in this case, Lissandra literally died to a turret before minions spawned so I was like "yeah I better go mid") and just try my best! I also just buy whatever items the instructor-thing tells me to (except with Sion, who doesn't have instructions, so I just buy expensive ones that seem like they do good things)
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2016 5:58 pm

Post by Maestro »

In post 171, Chevre wrote:Lissandra literally died to a turret before minions spawned
Yup. Time to move on to Beginner bots.
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2016 9:56 pm

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

As a support main I've decided to just ban Lucian all games unless my adc wants to pick it. The two games it got picked we just steamrolled over the botlane and even had one Lucian get a penta. Feel like the champ is busted atm, along with Zed.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2016 3:22 am

Post by Ankamius »

Yeah Lucian's straight up broken atm.

Return to “The Arcade”