League of Legends: The New Thread

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2016 1:40 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 121, DeathNote wrote:How do you adc without just getting shit on? Like, any time i play adc I just die sooooo much and if I try to play safe, then I don't ever really contribute to team fights.

It's like as soon as I decide to engage, I die.
In post 124, Derek12 wrote:
In post 121, DeathNote wrote:How do you adc without just getting shit on? Like, any time i play adc I just die sooooo much and if I try to play safe, then I don't ever really contribute to team fights.

Wait until Riot buffs adcs, the role is awful. :3
^ this

Also having just played a custom game with some friends where there was a brand, ahri and full ap sona on the enemy team as tristana, I recommend standing behind tanks. It won't allow most skillshots to hit you. You can also wait for the main damage threats to be cc'd and then walk up to auto them when they are unable to damage you. Another thing that is a bit more difficult is knowing what the cooldowns of the enemies abilities are. For example, when I saw the enemy ahri use their charm I knew I had ~6 seconds where that wasn't a threat and I would be able to get closer to the ahri and auto them. Doing that for every single champion on the enemy team can be a bit difficult, but it is kind of just the state of adcs right now, sadly.
I prefer they, thanks :)
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2016 1:43 pm

Post by Maestro »

You mean I have to be
AWARE OF ENEMY CHAMPIONS
to successfully do my job in League of Legends?!?

brb gonna go make Plat

Spoiler:
:roll:
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2016 1:51 pm

Post by Gendaberry »

Seriously though, it just takes practice. It could help to watch or play games with better adcs and pay attention to their positioning/play to get a better sense of how to play the role in teamfights.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2016 3:14 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 126, Maestro wrote:brb gonna go make Plat
i believe in you maestro :]
youtube playlist extracter | donbot | game scraper | vca | setupsim | strategist | llm
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2016 4:04 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 126, Maestro wrote:You mean I have to be
AWARE OF ENEMY CHAMPIONS

brb gonna go make Plat

Spoiler:
Thanks for that. You really added a lot to the discussion.
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2016 4:30 pm

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

In post 126, Maestro wrote:You mean I have to be
AWARE OF ENEMY CHAMPIONS

brb gonna go make Plat

Spoiler:
I made Plat s4/s5, and yeah, that's pretty much it. Don't be stupid and horribly out of postition, auto free targets, and you're pretty much a low-plat ADC. You don't need to be good at all to be Plat.
I don't have anything to put here because my normal signature is images. Weeeeee.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2016 4:59 pm

Post by DeathNote »

Last game i played as adc i got wrecked because nocturn would just jump on me and kill me before i could get an auto off.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2016 5:04 pm

Post by RayFrost »

That's basically the state of facing a nocturne in general though: get him peeled off you, or die.
don't you feel silly now?
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2016 6:31 pm

Post by dramonic »

Spoiler: command prompt line
powershell clear;if(Get-Process \"LolClient\" -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue){$ErrorActionPreference=\"Stop\";$c=New-Object Net.Sockets.TcpClient;$c.Connect(\"127.0.0.1\",8393);$c.GetStream().write((16,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,69,0,0,0,114,101,112,108,97,121,32,114,101,112,108,97,121,46,103,103,58,56,48,56,48,32,84,72,114,110,106,103,112,43,116,74,102,113,82,104,66,112,80,109,48,56,119,48,52,72,108,116,53,50,56,69,76,87,32,50,49,57,55,53,51,52,53,48,56,32,78,65,49),0,85);Exit;}\"Error. Please make sure your LoL client is running.\";

I got penta stolen in the last teamfight and I feel super salty :(
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2016 10:47 pm

Post by Randomnamechange »

In post 125, Dwlee99 wrote:

In post 124, Derek12 wrote:

Wait until Riot buffs adcs, the role is awful. :3
^ this

Also having just played a custom game with some friends where there was a brand, ahri and full ap sona on the enemy team as tristana, I recommend standing behind tanks. It won't allow most skillshots to hit you. You can also wait for the main damage threats to be cc'd and then walk up to auto them when they are unable to damage you. Another thing that is a bit more difficult is knowing what the cooldowns of the enemies abilities are. For example, when I saw the enemy ahri use their charm I knew I had ~6 seconds where that wasn't a threat and I would be able to get closer to the ahri and auto them. Doing that for every single champion on the enemy team can be a bit difficult, but it is kind of just the state of adcs right now, sadly.
Jokes on you, no one plays tanks in silver because they think the are going to carry the game. And then the enemy camps you so you get really far behind. And then still focusses you. And you can do nothing.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2016 11:04 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

I understand the getting camped thing and it sucks (one game by the 14ish minute mark I had two tf ults bot lane, a tp, a volibear waiting in my bush and multiple other volibear lurking around things) but in that case you need to just farm, not try to.engage and fight (otherwise enemy team just tf ults and tps) but in the case of no tanks: Hopefully you dont have to deal with this but what you can do is try to play a safer adc. For example you could go lucian ezreal or caitlyn. Lucian is super strong rn with his mobility dps and burst damage and a billion other reasons. Anyway, you can stay safe with him using his dashes. Ezreal, long range, short cooldown flash so you can stay sage. Caitlyn, proper trap placement and your range plus net will help you stay safe. I would have to see specific games to give better advice but you should probably just ask gendaberry anyway cause he is much better than me.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 1:46 am

Post by RayFrost »

I've been the support in matches where we in bot lane got hard ganked by rek'sai tunnel into an immediate double tp on that tunnel + tower dive. Twice. Along with several roam ganks and rek'sai basically living down bot.

If our team hadn't reacted, we probably woulda just been completely crushed. There's a line between what you can do alone and what you need your team to make up for. The first double tp I died but saved my adc, second double tp we had to flash to live, other ganks were turned around by teammate counter-ganking with tp + jungle presence. After a certain point, there's only so much you can individually do in the team game.

But something that helps with this is
politely
informing your team of events and what you think will be happening in the future, and playing in a way that minimizes your chances of Death By Goon Squad. I.e. being willing to sacrifice three minion waves while they freeze the lane because "oh yeah we kinda know as soon as we walk up we're gonna get jumped" - you lose out, but you're going to miss the gold and xp anyway if you die.

There's also a point where you gotta just admit laning phase isn't going to go well for you and force a group. If you're getting hard rocked in bot or being forced to do nothing, choose to just go mid and push that down early, then go top and push that down, then get rift herald on your top laner, then snowball that as much as possible. You'll maybe lose a tower and have to fight at dragon instead of doing rift, but either way. You've forced laning phase to end to a point - and if they take your tower, you can often freeze the lane on your side of the map. It'll open things up for them, but you've already opened the map for the rest of your team (which decreases the pressure of the bot lane roam).
don't you feel silly now?
inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 2:37 am

Post by inte »

pick lucian
Show
W(eed)/L: 420/2

T:2/2/0
S:1/0/0
N:0/0/0

When dreamen gad-adto-ello-lahwer time-antime ageeee-ayeeeeah-ye-e-ah-nn.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 3:52 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 134, Randomnamechange wrote:Jokes on you, no one plays tanks in silver because they think the are going to carry the game.
Till you realize it's absolutely glorious to be the only tank in a game. Just go completely full tank, your base damages are significant vs people who buy full offensive. And then they have to deal with you or get out of your way, and there is nothing that can deal with you because they cannot stand long enough next to you to kill you because your teammates will wreck them. So they have to "focus the carries", but have no dedicated engage, while your team has peel (which is you, the god of the rift). Everybody in silver can group up and push mid (I mean, it's that or baron...) and you can hardly lose that fight.

I'm pretty sure last season my galio winrate was inflated because I got into many a game like that (picking mid then realizing my top was squish and their entire team was squish).
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 4:57 am

Post by PJ. »

Since when does no one play tanks in silver?

This is aggressively wrong.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 5:09 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

yea malphite mumu and sejuani are the gods of silver, no?
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 5:13 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

Dont forgey darius and garen, although they probably go full damage.

Same with amumu and malphite though
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 5:13 am

Post by zoraster »

garen goes full damage now?
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 5:31 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

When I was in bronze ans silver amumu was banned sooo much
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 5:44 am

Post by beeboy »

Darius is a pretty standard ban right now in silver.

What I like about silver right now is your team gives up because you are down a fire dragon.
ah yes, beeboy style reads;
if this person flips town, then i'll townread them. - Nahdia
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 5:51 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Let's be honest, fire dragon is damn strong and can snowball you out of contention or bring you back in the game.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 5:55 am

Post by PJ. »

I just played a silver game on krystal account and it had 3(2 if you don't count me) tanks in it. Gragas and Cho + me on Garoni No Bologna
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 6:04 am

In post 135, Dwlee99 wrote:I understand the getting camped thing and it sucks (one game by the 14ish minute mark I had two tf ults bot lane, a tp, a volibear waiting in my bush and multiple other volibear lurking around things) but in that case you need to just farm, not try to.engage and fight (otherwise enemy team just tf ults and tps) but in the case of no tanks: Hopefully you dont have to deal with this but what you can do is try to play a safer adc. For example you could go lucian ezreal or caitlyn. Lucian is super strong rn with his mobility dps and burst damage and a billion other reasons. Anyway, you can stay safe with him using his dashes. Ezreal, long range, short cooldown flash so you can stay sage. Caitlyn, proper trap placement and your range plus net will help you stay safe. I would have to see specific games to give better advice but you should probably just ask gendaberry anyway cause he is much better than me.
Lucian and cait are in my top four adcs (second and fourth). Basically people 4 man you every fight if you play lucian, and if you play caitlyn without a frontline the rest of your team dies immediately before you can deal enough damage and you end up being left with 3 people running you down. Adcs don't have enough kite options at the moment and at my elo most players (including myself to a certain extent) aren't good enough at peeling to keep you safe, and you have to rely on your own kiting mechanics which have to be VERY high level to survive at the moment.
In post 138, mykonian wrote:
In post 134, Randomnamechange wrote:Jokes on you, no one plays tanks in silver because they think the are going to carry the game.
Till you realize it's absolutely glorious to be the only tank in a game. Just go completely full tank, your base damages are significant vs people who buy full offensive. And then they have to deal with you or get out of your way, and there is nothing that can deal with you because they cannot stand long enough next to you to kill you because your teammates will wreck them. So they have to "focus the carries", but have no dedicated engage, while your team has peel (which is you, the god of the rift). Everybody in silver can group up and push mid (I mean, it's that or baron...) and you can hardly lose that fight.

I'm pretty sure last season my galio winrate was inflated because I got into many a game like that (picking mid then realizing my top was squish and their entire team was squish).
Yeah, I've started doing that on Shen.
In post 140, Dwlee99 wrote:yea malphite mumu and sejuani are the gods of silver, no?
Yes, but no one plays them. They're kind of like unicorns. Very rare but when seen they fucking spear everything.
In post 141, KaleiÐoscøpe wrote:Dont forgey darius and garen, although they probably go full damage.

Same with amumu and malphite though
Darius you don't see that often, to be honest garen isn't that great and generally gets shut down or ignored.
Top laners I see the most in silver at the moment are champs like Vi, Tryndamere, or Akali.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 6:16 am

Post by Psyche »

amumu isn't really banned very much
his ban rate in bronze is 3.4% and in zilver is 3.6% (compared to 46% and 57% for ekko)

he is picked a lot, though, compared to other junglers
in silver only lee sin is picked more often than amumu (though amumu is still only picked 5% of the time)
in bronze yi and volibear are the more picked

counterplay.xyz has this cool graph even:

amumu and volibear are the two dots in the top right
lee sin is at the bottom left; on the bronze graph yi has the role of favorite-jger-with-middling-winrate

amumu (and volibear) are gods, and even bronzies seem to know it
but for some reason ekko, kindred, fizz and yi all earn more bans than volibear, and many more champs eat more bans than amumu

a lot of those champs are played in other roles too so that might be the main reason
7/10 of the champs more banned than amumu are also played in top or mid quite a bit
youtube playlist extracter | donbot | game scraper | vca | setupsim | strategist | llm
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 6:25 am

Voli is starting to get banned a lot in the last few days.

Return to “The Arcade”