[OLD] Open Setup Ideas and Discussion

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #6832 (isolation #0) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:36 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Cop Killer

3 x lone mafia
1 x town cop
some amount of VTs (6-9?), possibly a miller

The cop is exposed at the beginning of the game, however if more than 1 scum faction targets a player they will not die. A variant with 2 people on each scum team is possible but it seems like it would be a bit too big.

Mafia must choose who to kill wisely, considering other scum motive's, also must try and get the cop killed when no one is else is targeting them.

Something would need to be done to deal with cross kills as they could break the game, maybe the scum could have a rock/paper/scissors type relationship. A can kill B but C, B can kill C but not A, C can kill A but not B etc...

In the rare instance that A kills B who kills C who kills A, it could be no death
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #6953 (isolation #1) » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:01 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

I don't have a name for this

Vanilla Townie x8

Mafia Goon x3

A pretty basic Mountainous/Vanilla variation. The townies are each able to vote for someone to be protected from the scum's nightkill. The top 3 votegetters night 1, top 2 night 2 and the top 1 night 3 onwards become immune to kills that night. This is designed to stop town losing their strongest players. I don't know whether scum should be given votes or a way to tamper with the votes?
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #6955 (isolation #2) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:49 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

I need to practice my plagiarism skills. To be serious though, I hadn't seen yours and I made the above to attempt to remedy issues that plague games at my homesite; village inactivity/disengagement and actives being killed off. For your set up, I'd say regular mountainous numbers are fine assuming you're looking for a 50% EV, but that's just my guess.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #7101 (isolation #3) » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:31 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

PGOs kill anyone who targets them with any sort of night action, not just kills
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #7103 (isolation #4) » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:03 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

PGO is reflexive so I would think no, not certain though
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #7182 (isolation #5) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:57 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Town doctor is safe to claim as mafia don't have a kill
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #7186 (isolation #6) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:44 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Town can no lynch if the mafia aren't permanent bulletproof
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #7379 (isolation #7) » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:26 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Only because it entered sign-ups in the same post the other Triplicate variant filled
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #7382 (isolation #8) » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:47 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

I don't get it
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #7578 (isolation #9) » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:49 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

How does the VT win?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #8061 (isolation #10) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:47 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

What's a two-faced mafia?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #8187 (isolation #11) » Thu May 21, 2015 10:49 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

3 Goons

9 Townies

Scum have no factional kill, plurality lynch.
Each night all townies will submit a list of all players ranked from least like to be scum to most likely to be scum, everyone's rank will be averaged and the bottom 3 will be killed night 1, bottom 2 night 2 and bottom 1 night 3.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #8349 (isolation #12) » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:59 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

That's CPR doc
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #8746 (isolation #13) » Sat May 21, 2016 3:29 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Softbussing?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #8747 (isolation #14) » Sat May 21, 2016 3:30 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

ish
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #8845 (isolation #15) » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:58 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 8831, callforjudgement wrote:When people say "not Mafia" in this thread
Summon me and I will appear

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”