Newbie #492 - GAME OVER

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Variable
Variable
Goon
Variable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:22 am

Post by Variable »

Original Roll String: 1d6
1 6-Sided Dice: (1) = 1
Variable
Variable
Goon
Variable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (isolation #1) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:23 am

Post by Variable »

Vote: Golgi

Diescumdie.
Variable
Variable
Goon
Variable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (isolation #2) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:48 pm

Post by Variable »

:cry:
Variable
Variable
Goon
Variable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (isolation #3) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:55 am

Post by Variable »

Unvote
Variable
Variable
Goon
Variable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (isolation #4) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:13 am

Post by Variable »

Hrm, not much content yet.

I have a proposal: if the two mafia wouldn't mind stepping forward and announcing themselves, that'd be great. Just a simple "yeah, I'm scum." (Outing your partner as well isn't required, but it
is
encouraged.)

Thanks in advance...

:lol:
[color=red]the cake is a lie[/color]
Variable
Variable
Goon
Variable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (isolation #5) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:29 am

Post by Variable »

Golgi wrote:X and V ... Hmmm I am a relatively new player here. This is my second game. There is little that I dislike more than looking stupid. So to avoid the inevitable for as long as possible I have been reading up on common scum tell. It seems that one of the most common scum tell is joking about being scum or making a joke about others being scum. It not only seems like you have nothing to say and are talking because the silence makes you nervous. I like a joke as well as the next guy but you both popping up together with a common scum tell makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. Id like to hear from others and from X and V on why they thought it was necessary to do that at the time that they did.
What a coincidence, this is my second game too.

You got us, man, we're both scum. We actually planned those two comments before the game started. (We were supposed to do them exactly two hours apart, but I messed up and did mine two minutes too early. Sorry, scumbuddy.)

:roll:

Seriously, though, please point me to this list of scum tells. It'd be handy knowing what things
not
to do whenever I actually get a role in a game that is scum.

And the problem with "talking because the silence makes you nervous" is that it's just easier to not post anything, rather than come up with something innocent-sounding.
Variable
Variable
Goon
Variable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (isolation #6) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:50 am

Post by Variable »

Zombie_Woof wrote:
Unvote

Vote: Variable

Reason why I changed my vote...
Variable wrote:"yeah, I'm scum."
:lol:
You know, I thought about that while I was typing, that someone would interpret that as me claiming scum. :D

FoS: somestrangeflea

Zombie's new. What's your excuse?
Variable
Variable
Goon
Variable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (isolation #7) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:14 pm

Post by Variable »

OK, now
I'll
make one up.

Quoting oneself is a scumtell.

Variable
Variable
Goon
Variable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (isolation #8) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:10 am

Post by Variable »

somestrangeflea wrote:
Variable wrote:OK, now
I'll
make one up.

Quoting oneself is a scumtell.

See, you're starting to get it now. Just remove the sarcasm and you'll be fine!

The thing about scumtells is that there is no hard "List of Scumtells" to use. You have to look at someone's actions and ask yourself "Would scum be more likely to do that than a Townie, and why/why not?" Making up scumtells as you go along is a good Town tactic, providing that you can back them up with actual reasoning.
Read post 38. I thought it was quite clear that there was no "list" of tells, but was asking for one to make that point. Regardless, you should have directed this comment at 37.

Making up scumtells, with or without reasoning behind them, is actually a good way to get the game lost for the town, as it gives players an excuse to vote for someone they
want
to be scum.
Everybody
does something in a game that some mafia in some game has done at one point or another.

Bad advice, flea. I especially find your backpedaling on this annoying. (Going from agreeing with Golgi by voting for me, then attempting to turn it into a lesson on tells? What?)
Variable
Variable
Goon
Variable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (isolation #9) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:54 am

Post by Variable »

Zombie_Woof wrote:Variable, you're looking pretty suspicious. You establish that quoting oneself is a scumtell, and then you quote yourself!!

Seriously, though, for now I'm going to
Unvote

:shock:

Claim =/= Establish

You completely missed the point of my post.
Variable
Variable
Goon
Variable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (isolation #10) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:36 pm

Post by Variable »

Where'd everybody go?
Variable
Variable
Goon
Variable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (isolation #11) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:19 pm

Post by Variable »

appleof88 wrote:
just for a giggle

people shoud post there scumdars

mine are Golgi- for acting o.t.t on one possible scum tell
and Variable-
for joking in a game of mafia. its just not done
Heaven forbid we have
fun
while playing a game.

Three boys get arrested at the local zoo for causing a disturbance. One by one, the boys are brought in front of the judge for questioning.

The first boy says, "my name's Tommy, and I was just trying to feed peanuts to the lions."

The second boy says, "my name's Billy, and I was just trying to feed peanuts to the lions."

The third boy says, "my name's Peanuts."

FoS: appleof88
Variable
Variable
Goon
Variable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (isolation #12) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:10 am

Post by Variable »

Xaivius wrote:Alright, after some watching of Variable, I'm getting scum vibes myself. Not because of joking, but the fact that he's been fairly OMGUS on his suspicions, while throwing them about like a clown with a cart full of pies. He's distracting from real investigation, and seems to be pushing overly hard on the "oh no, I'm not scum! Really!" button. Seems more backpedaling than innocence.

VOTE: Variable
You
do
realize I've only FoSed two people, right? One was for making up stupid scumtells, and the other was for telling me that humor isn't allowed in this game.

Now I'm getting suspicious of you, because it's starting to look like you may be scum trying to get a bandwagon going. If so, please feel free to keep your vote on me, and if/when I'm mislynched, hopefully the rest of the town will remember this.

Variable
Variable
Goon
Variable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (isolation #13) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:55 am

Post by Variable »

A FoS on me is fine. The reason I disagree with ("bitchy?").

The only people to EVER make up scumtells are scum trying to get a townie lynched, and townies that subconsciously want a certain person hung, simply to prove themselves right.

As soon as something becomes widely accepted as a scumtell, scum stop doing it. Its existence is negated
by
its existence, if you will. The only statements you can rely on are the ones that are contradictory or can be proven false. The rest of the time, you must rely on actions -- who FoSed/voted for whom, when. To that end, I have no problem being hung as a townie if the rest of the town can accurately determine, based on voting patterns and posts, who the scum are. (Were this real life, I would be a bit more adamant in my defense.)

Therefore, as long as people keep finding "scumtells" in my posts, I'm still going to keep doing them as I feel like.

Let me know when you find something provably untrue or contradictory.

A priest and a rabbi walk into a bar. The bartender looks at them and goes, "is this a joke?"
Variable
Variable
Goon
Variable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (isolation #14) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:47 am

Post by Variable »

Xaivius wrote:
'm rather unhappy with this vote, you had been linked with variable and insteasd of showing your dismay at that, you just vote your way out
I wouldn't put it as pushing suspicion off. I believe I adequately outlined my suspicions, and made my decision based on the available data. I'm fairly convinced, from his behavior patterns, that V is scum. I am, of course, open to suggestion, but for the moment, I'm curious about his seeming to downplay
continuingly more serious accusations of scumminess
. I'm not working on a "scumtell," I'm working on an individual analysis.

A guy walks into a bar and says "ouch!"

To me, I find nothing serious about any of these accusations; otherwise, I'd be voting instead of FoSing. There is no basis in any of them, as I'm not scum. If you find my responses flippant, then come up with some valid points that I can actually respond to, instead of sweeping generalizations.

Go back and reread what I said about scumtells. It seems to me that despite your opinion, you are finding me suspicious because you
want
to find me suspicious.

Another guy walks into a bar. You'd think he would have seen the first guy.
Variable
Variable
Goon
Variable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (isolation #15) » Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:06 pm

Post by Variable »

Vote: Xaivius

I have no idea who's posts he's been reading, but they ain't mine.

A waiter brings the customer the steak he ordered with his thumb over the meat.
"Are you crazy?" yelled the customer. "Your hand is on my steak!"
"What?" replies the waiter. "You want it to fall on the floor again?"
Variable
Variable
Goon
Variable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (isolation #16) » Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:46 pm

Post by Variable »

Xaivius wrote:
appleof88 wrote:i'm just not ready to go into night voting for Variable gets us no where. it just puts un into night and we lose a townie.

i get curious over the over reaction to Golgi about joking. but so far, hes has not lashed out in voting and only FOS and played the game well so far

i'm not defending him, as the only person you can trust is yourself in a game of scum. i just think he seems like a scape goat for voting and i don't want to see a person voted now. but at the moment if we hit the deadline, we will only be hurt

no townie can win with deadlines

MOD CAN WE POKE A FEW OTHER PEOPLE?
You make some excellent points here, especially on the concept that one can only trust one's self. A lot of the arguments that are presented seem to boil down to OMGUS or WIFOM. The greater part of the game seems to be that of talking. I somewhat agree with the deadline comment, as not lynching someone is worse in the long run than lynching someone, as if we lynch, we have a chance of actually getting one of the rat bastages, but at night, they WILL nail one of us.

V, I can itemize the points I have on you, if you like. All I've seen from you is handwaving and saying "None of this is serious." I would postulate that pro-town play would be far more concerned with making sure that another townie wasn't lynched, including one's self. I greatly anticipate your reply.

also, seconding Apple's global poke...

X
Please, itemize these points. If they're as real as the list of scumtells we discussed earlier, then there's not much I can do to refute them.

All anybody seems to have on me is the fact that I made a joke about the mafia earlier. I'm having a hard time finding ways to reason with people that find that an excuse to lynch me.

After a quick reread, none of your points even seem to apply to me. It's almost like you're reading someone else's posts. Go back and reread what I posted about wanting people to be scum to prove oneself right. It's okay, we all do it.

To clarify, it seems like you want to lynch me for making a joke.

What's the difference between a violin and a trampoline?
You take off your shoes to jump on a trampoline.
Variable
Variable
Goon
Variable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (isolation #17) » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:43 am

Post by Variable »

Xaivius wrote:People seem to be attributing a lack of humor to my vote, and that is patently not true. I believe that humor is all well and good, but one should make some sort of explanation when the votes start stacking up. After perusing my list, here's what the scumdar pulled up on V:

a continued disregard for his own safety, even at -1
use of OMGUS as a justification for votes and FOS
use of absolute statements "Only mafia make up scumtells."
percieved attempts at defraying a vote.

now, this was enough to convince me to vote. I had some scummy suspicions, which have abated somewhat. If you're not scum, V, then why are you ignoring your peril. If you're not, then the mafia need exactly toilet paper to hammer you. Understanding that, I'm going to pull you out of instant kill range for now, and we'll see what comes up.

UNVOTE

Apple, you are REALLY getting buddy buddy with V. I mentioned it before, I believe, or if i didn't, then that post got eaten by the boards.
TINY FOS: Apple

someone prod golgi again....

hrm... looking at his comments makes me shudder. his first was vauge enough to make the scumdar squeal a bit, and he's staying in the background pretty well.

FOS: Golgi
Points 1 and 4 are contradictory.

2. When the reasoning behind voting for me is as unsound as it has been, OMGUS seems about like the only option to use. You dislike my FoSing style?
Come up with some valid reasons to vote for me.

3. Prove them wrong if you disagree.

No joke this time; too tired.
Variable
Variable
Goon
Variable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (isolation #18) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:49 am

Post by Variable »

appleof88 wrote:it is strange and with this deadline in place, i am worried that Variable will be taken with out fair townie justice

only scum can really win with deadlines, i urge one person to unvote Variable

i'm sorry if it looks like i'm getting buddy with V, but i can't have some killed with only 3 votes
Unless I'm wrong, Xaivius unvoted me in 94, so I'm actually only at L-2.
Variable
Variable
Goon
Variable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (isolation #19) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:01 pm

Post by Variable »

Unvote.

I have a list of suspects, but I'm not going to present them just yet. We need more discussion -- even if it's about lynching me for making stupid jokes.

FoS: Dead Rikimaru
. It was your idea to present a list of suspects; why didn't you start us off? Instead, it almost sounds like you're asking for us to list bandwagons we may be partial to.

I
can
say that, after a re-read, if Xaivius is on my list, he's not at the top.

Code: Select all

#stupid_joke
Variable
Variable
Goon
Variable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (isolation #20) » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:33 am

Post by Variable »

Silverwalker wrote:Okay, I have spent half an hour reading posts now. You guys write A LOT! And it's only the first day!

I have to vote for Variable, because some people gave good reasons for voting for him, and I have been told that if you don't lynch someone the first day you don't get anywhere, and meanwhile the Mafia get a chance to kill someone. But also because Variable's jokes are funny, so we would miss him. And that is just what he wants! Sneaky.

I am really sorry if you are innocent, Variable! Nothing personal. But if you are Mafia I'm off to a good start. :)

Yay, someone
else
who wants to lynch me because I made a joke.

You know, it almost sounds like you
know
I'm town, and you're trying to blame others for forcing you to vote/lynch me even before the hammer falls...
Variable
Variable
Goon
Variable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (isolation #21) » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:19 am

Post by Variable »

appleof88 wrote:I personaly wouldn't vote you for the joke, i just think joking about being scum makes you look scummy tis all

but this quote
Variable wrote:You know, it almost sounds like you
know
I'm town, and you're trying to blame others for forcing you to vote/lynch me even before the hammer falls...
i'm not liking these hints

MEGA FOS
Is that an FoS on me? Reread and then tell me my point isn't valid.

Regardless, here's my order of suspicion:

Tied for first: appleof88 and Silverwalker
Tied for third: Xaivius and Dead Rikimaru
Tied for fifth: Zombie_woof and somestrangeflea
Variable
Variable
Goon
Variable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (isolation #22) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:06 am

Post by Variable »

Silverwalker wrote:Why would I be on anyone's suspect list when I have only posted twice? Would someone please like to explain it to a guy who is learning the ropes?

Anyway, first place: Variable

Second and third: I have one guy in mind, but I don't like to say anything for now, I want to see more posts before I start something. I am sorry if I spoil it for people by not talking enough, but I can't just throw something out there without having more to go on than I have now.
Something to keep in mind:
You
may have only posted twice, but you also have a predeccesor to worry about.

I get the impression that you joined, skimmed the thread ("You guys write A LOT!"), saw me at a disadvantageous position, and decided to utilize it, all the while preparing your defense for the scrutiny you know you'll receive when I turn up town.

I'm suspicious of appleof88 mainly because he was defending me so strongly for a while. From my standpoint, if I get lynched, anyone who lynched me is going to look suspicious, apple will look like a saint, and he'll be in a position to manipulate votes against whomever he chooses. As soon Xaivius took me off of L-1, though, apple changed his tune and now finds me suspicious. As we're in deadline, and I'm back at L-1, I'm in a position to be lynched without him doing any voting at all, and he's in a position to try to manipulate people to vote for me. If Silverwalker is his scumbuddy, then he knows that there's a chance that Sw may be the target on Day 2, leaving him in a precarious position.

Mod, would you consider extending the deadline a bit?
Variable
Variable
Goon
Variable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (isolation #23) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:07 am

Post by Variable »

Man, I can't believe I misspelled "predecessor."

Perview is my fiend.
Variable
Variable
Goon
Variable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (isolation #24) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:06 pm

Post by Variable »

appleof88 wrote:Xaivius, your top of my scamdar, by voting for me, your asking to be voted for!

i would like to hear Silverwalker 2 and 3 please
He didn't vote for you.

Vote: appleof88

How can you tell a happy motorcyclist?

By the bugs in his teeth.
Variable
Variable
Goon
Variable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (isolation #25) » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:19 am

Post by Variable »

Silverwalker wrote:Xaivius, that reasoning is flawed. First, that my vote would not be on firm ground; in fact, I am getting more and more convinced of Variable's scumminess, especially because of his attempts to pin blame on just anyone.

Second, my predecessor; he posted twice I believe, and then deadbeat. I suppose that because he posted he would "make you sorry he was in the game" or something like that, you think that means he must be Mafia; however, this is obviously a guy who thought he would be going to rule the lynch. When he realized the game is more complicated than he thought it would be, and his scary macho attitude wasn't going to carry the day, he went to flame a chatroom or something, whatever his type does when noone is blocking the IP address.
I'm tempted to lower you on my suspect list, just because no mafia could be this... crude.
Variable
Variable
Goon
Variable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (isolation #26) » Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:24 pm

Post by Variable »

Silverwalker wrote:I was counting points why Xaivius's reasoning was flawed. "First point" and "second point".

Variable keeps pinning blame on me, though with a more subtle touch this time. Suave! It has nothing to do with OMGUS, of course.
C'mon, give me a break. Your second post was about how scummy you thought I was, based on no evidence. You immediately went on the defensive when I called you on it, and now you're making judgments about the type of person that you replaced.

As for subtlety, I came right out and said that you were on top of my suspect list.

OMGUS only counts when you get voted on. I haven't voted for you -- yet.
Variable
Variable
Goon
Variable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (isolation #27) » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:21 am

Post by Variable »

Silverwalker wrote:Okay, I have spent half an hour reading posts now. You guys write A LOT! And it's only the first day!

I have to vote for Variable
, because some people gave good reasons for voting for him, and I have been told that if you don't lynch someone the first day you don't get anywhere, and meanwhile the Mafia get a chance to kill someone. But also because Variable's jokes are funny, so we would miss him. And that is just what he wants! Sneaky.

I am really sorry
if you are innocent
, Variable! Nothing personal. But if you are Mafia I'm off to a good start. :)

Yeah, no evidence or explanation here. Try again.

By the way, I hope you realize how it will look if I get lynched based on posts like these -- especially after I turn up town.
Variable
Variable
Goon
Variable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (isolation #28) » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:39 pm

Post by Variable »

Silverwalker wrote:Okay Variable, I wrote a little list after all:

1. This looks like you are thinking, "If I joke about this, I definitely can't be scum":
You got us, man, we're both scum.
2. Sarcasm, lots of it, sort of to intimidate people to look elsewhere

3. Adding jokes to several posts, after you got suspicions on you

4. Threatening at least two people with this kind of reasoning: "When I am lynched you'll be the next, for voting for me."

...Also, you have tried to pin suspicions on at least four people now, and it's only the first day. That's wild. All in all a bit of overdrive, like you are on a mission.

Okay, I could be wrong, I am only an amateur in this game. Maybe that is just your style. But I am thinking of Shakespeare's line "She doth protest too much," so my vote stays. Sorry, man! :)
1. I could see that being valid. It's wrong (in this case), but valid.

2. Sarcasm, lots of it, because a) I'm a sarcastic guy, and b)
I'm attracting attention for making jokes.

3. See 2b. When you realize how ridiculous these accusations are, then you'll realize why I kept making jokes. Besides, you'd spin me
not
making any more jokes the exact way, as in "oh, yeah, he caught on to what was tipping us off."

4. Go back and check. (I'll wait.) I only said things along those lines because the people that made those posts gave me a scummy impression, and because, once again, there was (and is) no valid reason to vote for me. As I've repeatedly said, I'm attracting attention for making jokes, not for anything scummy.

Four people, huh? Let's see...

Golgi: Random.

somestrangeflea: making up scum tells, then major backpedaling when I call him on it.

appleof88: NO FUN ALLOWD IN MAFIA!!11

Xaivius: HES SCUM I JUST KNOW IT

FoS =/= attack, by the way.

If you're town (I seriously doubt it), look at my position for a second. I make a joke about the mafia outing themselves, then immediately am attacked by just about everyone in the town. Fine, I understand, not everyone was graced with a sense of humor. Then the votes start piling on me, again because I made a stupid joke about mafia. What am I supposed to do, sit here and take it? Anyone that finds me suspicious for making a joke, I'm going to find them suspicious. You don't like? Find a valid reason to vote for me, or start targeting someone else. I'm getting really tired of explaining myself over and over again. It's making lurking seem real attractive at the moment.

By the way, "thou doth protest too much" is the same principle as "too townie." Look it up.

One more thing: you're basing your vote on me on guesses. I'm guessing you're mafia; should I be switching my vote to you?
Variable
Variable
Goon
Variable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (isolation #29) » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:40 pm

Post by Variable »

Unvote.
Variable
Variable
Goon
Variable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (isolation #30) » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:06 pm

Post by Variable »

Zombie_Woof wrote:
Shanba wrote: Hi guys
Hi.
Unvote

FoS: Variable
FoS: Silverwalker

FoMS: somestrangeflea
No comments/posts since the 25th, but then an array of FoSes?

Okay.

I do appreciate the unvote, though.
Variable
Variable
Goon
Variable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (isolation #31) » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:09 pm

Post by Variable »

Zombie_Woof wrote:
Variable wrote:No comments/posts since the 25th, but then an array of FoSes?

Okay.

I do appreciate the unvote, though.
So my FoSes should be based on
my
posts/comments? Because I'm trying to base them on the posts/comments of the other players here, and I just got caught up on the game by reading the posts/comments of the other players. Therefore, even though I have not been on to post my own comments, I have now become slightly less certain of things because of what has been posted by the rest of the players here. If you don't mind, explain to me what about that is out of place, because I cant see a rational way to base my FoSes and Votes on the number or frequency of my own posts/comments.
I'm just trying to feel my way through this. Variable, the way I'm starting to see it, is if you are Town, and I'm willing to concede that it's possible that you are, then somestrangeflea and Silverwalker are probably both Mafia, and with my help they almost had you. But, if you are scum, which I also have to accept as a possibility, neither of them is likely to be scum, as we almost had you lynched, and surely any scum who had been voting for you to throw off suspicion would have Unvoted when you were in such danger of being Lynched.
So now that I think that, I think my FoSes should go like this:
FOS: Variable
FoMS: somestrangeflea
FoMS: Silverwalker
The number and frequency of your posts was completely separate from your lack of explanation for your suspicions; my apologies for not making that clearer.
Variable
Variable
Goon
Variable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (isolation #32) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:16 am

Post by Variable »

appleof88 wrote:
Dead Rikimaru wrote:I wrote the post above in about four hours (my boss keeps bugging me all the time to do random stuff, sorry)
I will now try to make something out of the last week's events.

MOD: Could we have another votecount, please?
your dedication to the game to hardcore
I wish everyone's was such.

Xaivius, where'd you go?
Variable
Variable
Goon
Variable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (isolation #33) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:38 am

Post by Variable »

somestrangeflea wrote:blah blah blah
No fancy editing here. I'm really getting tired of this game, and am on the verge of just voting for myself to get out of it. That's a pretty bad attitude to have, I'll admit, but this one game just isn't fun anymore. If the other members of the town want to lynch me because they're so convinced I'm scum, just get it over with. But after this post, I'm not going to explain anything that I've already explained multiple times before.

What is this, you're going to go through everybody's posts one by one and explain why they're scum?

If you're town, you're giving the scum potential targets. If you're scum, then you're feeling out how the town will respond to potential bandwagons.

I can't prove I'm town, any more than you can. I find it amazing that you're basing your theory of me being scum on
one
game.

You didn't back up any of
your
scumtells with actual reasoning and logic.

If the best you can do on finding me scummy is something that
one
player has done in the past...
I'm certainly not going to go through the entire archives to disprove
your
ridiculous point.

I'll say it again: you're finding me scummy for making a joke. I can't argue against that, as it's the most unbelievable stance I've ever seen in my admittedly short mafia career.

Regarding scumtells, why would scum ever have a reason to joke about being scum?

Regarding me being lynched, way to not get the point of my post. If I get hung as a townie, then afterwards hopefully the rest of the town can possibly determine who the scum were, based on voting patterns and posts. I don't see how that can be made any clearer.

You still haven't found anything provably untrue or contradictory. (Just because you say otherwise doesn't mean so.)

OHAI GAIZ YOU FIND SCUMTELLS IN MAI POSTS BUT IM NOT SCUM, GUESS I BETTER STOP DOING THEM EVEN THO ULL FIND THAT SUSPISCIOS AS WELL

OHAI GAIZ IM SCUM BECUZ I MADE A JOKE HOW THE HELL DO I DEFEND AGAINST THAT

List of suspects point is blown away by the fact that I posted a list 7 posts later.

You stay where you are on the list for now; I think you're a severely misguided townie still.

Silver will be proven wrong on this if I'm lynched.

1: You did make up a scumtell, based off
your
experience in [/i]one game[/i]. You did backpedal, by telling me two different things in #41 and #45.

Regarding personal attacks: I'M BEING FOUND SCUMMY PRECISELY BECAUSE SOME PEOPLE PLAYING THIS GAME DON'T HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR.

Thou doth etc.: Yeah, you're wrong, but whatever. I'm protesting you finding me scum too much does equal too townie. Or is there just a right amount of protesting I should be doing?

Regarding Zombie_woof's unvote: What the hell do you want me to do? You just got done finding me suspicious for finding others suspicious, now you find it suspicious that I don't find him too suspicious. I find that suspicious.

0/10.

Vote: Silverwalker
. He's still at the top of my suspect list. Be sure to FoS me for acting on this as well.
Variable
Variable
Goon
Variable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (isolation #34) » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:18 am

Post by Variable »

Dead Rikimaru wrote:Actually, according to Jeep's list of scumtells, picking tells so easily is indeed a scumtell, since scum have additional knowledge from start and just need an excuse to frame a townie.
Hey, it's that list of scumtells I was asking for, and this one actually makes sense. You know, it
explains
what's going on with the tells.

Don't see anything about making jokes on there, though...

Variable
Variable
Goon
Variable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (isolation #35) » Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:57 am

Post by Variable »

That's lynch, amirite?

Bah. Go town.