Mini 1787: Peruvian Nightclub Mafia (Game End!)

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2016 11:56 am

Post by Dunnstral »

I also liked tool's last post after reading his iso - I saw his questioning earlier and it all comes together nicely for me and makes sense

By the way it's safe to ignore Zachstral from this point forward
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2016 11:57 am

Post by toolenduso »

In post 767, Dunnstral wrote:The line (after zach declares intent to hammer, but earlier than dunn) is confusing to me a bit, you're meaning zach declares intent to hammer after me, but at an earlier time?
No. What I meant was: {you declared intent to hammer} -> {zach declared intent to hammer, but his hammer would come before yours} -> {you hammered}
In post 767, Dunnstral wrote:Do you think tyler would hard bus his mafia partner (floof) as his other partner (h_a) is getting lynched? That seems pretty risky
Yeah that's what I meant when I said I needed to think about the cognitive dissonance that happens when considering the possibility of a Tyler-zakkfloof-HA scum team.

Short answer is that you're right, it does seem very risky. Not unprecedented, but certainly risky.

Which means I need to decide which of them I think looks scummier. Interactions with HA might help clear that up.
In post 767, Dunnstral wrote:"bins is maybe town" not sure where you drew that conclusion from... I do see you talking about bins under the robert section but nothing to indicate they're town
Yeah I actually haven't explained the bins thing much before now because my reasons for thinking she might be town have all been kind of adjacent to the main analyses. I might go into a better explanation later, but it more or less boils down to feeling like Bins has -- a couple of times now -- asked questions that would seem unnecessary or possibly even risky for scum to bring up.
In post 767, Dunnstral wrote:What do you think of xyzzy?
Honestly, not a whole lot as of right now.
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
Tyler the Creator
Tyler the Creator
Goon
Tyler the Creator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2016 12:15 pm

Post by Tyler the Creator »

zakk>>xyzzy>>>>>>robert

everyone else is town
Tyler the Creator
Tyler the Creator
Goon
Tyler the Creator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2016 12:16 pm

if im wrong on a townread it's probably bins or dunn but i don't think i am
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2016 12:23 pm

Post by Zachstralkita »

In post 776, Dunnstral wrote:
By the way it's safe to ignore Zachstral from this point forward
Yeah I'll show you what's safe
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2016 1:43 pm

Post by Jake from State Farm »

I haven't read the entire thing but that post by tool is pretty good on the parts I've read. Kudos sir. I wish I was able to put in that kind of effort to games. I sure hope you are town. If you are scum I'm doubly impressed.
Show
Things I've learned.
1. It's just a game, have fun.
2. Don't waste time on people who think you are scum. Ignore them and keep scum hunting.
3. Don't take everything so personal.
4. Tunneling sucks (unfortunately I can't seem to stop)
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2016 2:04 pm

Post by zakk »

In post 761, Zachstralkita wrote:
In post 728, zakk wrote:
In post 719, Zachstralkita wrote:ayo zakk what's goin on

let me just get one thing clear im gonna assume seniority on the basis of my name has an H opposed to a K

thank you for your time
if by my time you mean the 3 years longer I've been on the site than you, then ok :lol:

i am fine with juniority though ;)
time is of no importance sir, it's the letters that matter

the letters
lol i like you

and guys i'm 100% town i promise, stop voting me
permanently retired

see here for more info
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2016 2:06 pm

So who's your top scum reads and why
Show
Things I've learned.
2. Don't waste time on people who think you are scum. Ignore them and keep scum hunting.
Jaack
Jaack
Goon
Jaack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2016 2:11 pm

Post by Jaack »

In post 778, Tyler the Creator wrote:zakk>>xyzzy>>>>>>robert

everyone else is town
While I may not agree on the order, I do agree that this is where all of our scum is.
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2016 2:12 pm

Post by Zachstralkita »

exactly you need to switch the vote up off my mans to be honest cause I'll tell you one thing

I read the purity of Floof's soul through his posts and now to call for his successor's death? Blasphemy.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2016 5:44 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

no
Robert2424
Robert2424
Goon
Robert2424
Goon
Goon

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2016 6:34 pm

Post by Robert2424 »

Well, I was half right, but still in the dark.

Why are you voting Dunn Jake? I'm honestly surprised there isn't a vote on me yet.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2016 7:05 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 787, Robert2424 wrote:Well, I was half right, but still in the dark.

Why are you voting Dunn Jake? I'm honestly surprised there isn't a vote on me yet.
Who's mafia?
Robert2424
Robert2424
Goon
Robert2424
Goon
Goon

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2016 7:13 pm

Post by Robert2424 »

In post 700, Jake from State Farm wrote:@robert - please do me a favor and explain this whole claim debacle. Also who are your current scum reads and why
Ok, Basicly I feel I have a better grip on who may be scum now.

Dunn: I feel currently, He posts allot. I see him more then anybody in the game. I feel he's trying to keep a lvl head on some issues, and I think 60% he's town. I say in % as, while he posts allot, spamming dosn't instantly mean townie. but I've seen some really good posts from him, and some questionable. But I'm comfortable for now with him.

Jake from State Farm: Ups and downs, your posts are ussally with good Content. I feel you could go either way, but at this point, slighly more likely to be town. You've also been able to make me laugh.

Zach: I honestly question him when I read his posts, I feel also some of his posts are complete spam for the sake of posting, instead of adding something useful to the conversation. I could see him flipping either way.

Zakk: for being new, i find his posts.....anoying, mainly spam, and unhelpful. I feel he's going to cause allot of confusion, and do it on purpose. Obvously, I don't like how he's been posting up to this point, and I feel, if I was going to describe his behavior, Childlike maybe? That isn't a word I like when describing somebody in mafia.

Jaack: Well, besides him thinking no way in hell I'm townie? If was going to put those posts aside, (as they are just filled with absolute hate), I don't find him a major contributor, and feel he could go either way. He's annoying if we are going to include his hate posts.

Tyler: I honestly get mixed feelings allot with his posts, witch for the most part are short but to the point. I would describe him as stern, short poster, who I question some of his wording as if maybe he's trying to insult some people sometimes. ( Just Saying ).

tool: don't see him very often, but is contributing. My read is uncertain but could go either way.

Bins: I have off and on Feelings, I don't have anything solid, but I'm leaning more likely to be scum currently.
In post 704, zakk wrote:
In post 698, xyzzy wrote:it was moderately confusing before having a Zach and a Jaack and a Jake; now we have a Zakk, too.
I'm Zaack from State Farm, get it right pls thx
Posts like this are unhelpful and unnecessary.
In post 712, Jaack wrote:Why Robert2424 is a scum and all of you need to vote for him: A Brief Essay

Robert2424 is a scum and should be lynched, preferably on Day 2. He has done many scummy things so far in this game. First of all, he has a insanely scummy claim. He softclaims his role , calling it a weak townie. He later repeatedly refers to himself as such, despite such a role neither making sense nor matching the description he gives as to what his role does. It is not until a number of players point out his mistake that he 'checks his PM' and confirms that he is actually macho. He does this in post after affirming that his PM said weak in . However, even if we were to explain away this as an honest mistake, his claim is still terrible. The Macho modifier, while theoretically conceivable on an otherwise vanilla role, is virtually always seen on something with a night action, generally a powerful one, so as to balance it. While this role claim may have been believable when there were two claimed protective roles, with heuristically_alone flipping scum, it eliminates that possibility. A sole bodyguard is already a weak protective role and does not really need to be weakened further with the addition of a random VT that can not be protected. Overall his claim makes no sense.

Some of you may be wondering "Why would Robert make such a bad claim?" This is a reasonable response, but there is an equally reasonable answer. Robert was attempting to save his scumbuddy, heuristically_alone, who at the point of his claim, was the inevitable lynch target. He attempts to use his role to 'explain' how there could be two protective roles in the game. While this attempt clearly failed to save HA, it did result in more than one person considering the possibility that both he and iraonavp were telling the truth. While this gambit may seem like a bad idea, it does not make it impossible. Furthermore, his claim no more sense than the hypothetical gambit. When something makes this little sense, the best option is probably to lynch it and get an explanation.

If you are still not convinced of Robert's guilt, I offer further evidence of it. In Day 1, when I, along with other players, pointed out the issues with his claim, he attempted to shift blame to our benevolent mod, as seen in posts , , and . In addition, when I attempted to start a wagon on him, instead of responding to my accusations he attempted to discredit me, both by not-very-subtly pointing out that I could be scum () and by later deriding my clearly superior grammar . (For more on this, see the spoiler below.) Robert has clearly avoided my accusations, instead choosing to post meaningless trifles. I am not the only player that Robert does this with, as he makes a similar micro-accusation towards Tyler in .

While you can surely see Robert's guilt at this point, for the sake of posterity, I will continue with my analysis of his extreme scumminess. His first two posts in this game ( and ) are both fluffy votes discussions of his history with Jake from State Farm, with Robert going as far to say that he is suspicious of Jake due to their previous history. While the first such post may be explained away as being RVS, the second one essentially repeats his previous statement, despite the fact that there had been significant discussion of the first post as being possibly scummy. While fluff in the early game is somewhat acceptable, the fact that Robert has very little content to begin with makes the high percentage of fluff notable.

Continuing, in Robert offers some brief reads on players in the game. He states that he has scumreads on four players: Ira, Zach, HA, and Jake. With the exception of Jake, these were the most widely held scumreads at the time. His read on HA is particularly notable as he only 'barely nudges' his way onto his scum list. Now it may seem understandable to view widely scumread players as scummy -- they wouldn't be widely scumread if they were not. But we must also take a look at his townreads, or should I say read. Robert specifically says that Dunn is the only player he is townreading and that everyone else is null. This is an extremely scummy list of reads.

Aside from these scummy things, the only other thing Robert did Day One was apologize for his inactivity. He did not attempt to scumhunt in any way and did not offer defense towards his actions other than 'you might be scum'. Robert2424 is scum and should be lynched today.

Finally, let's consider the actions of the playerbase as a whole at the end of Day 1 as they relate to robert. A brief summary: Scum-HA was wagoned and he claimed doctor prematurely. Players quickly unvoted but then town-ira counterclaimed him resulting in basically everyone re-voting HA. Wagon stalled briefly while people talked, but pretty much everyone agreed HA was scum. I gave intent to hammer in . Then Robert comes in with his lolclaim and we all wait around to figure stuff out before we lynch HA.

That's when I made a push to lynch Robert instead and wait to lynch HA D2. Now you would think that if Robert were in fact town, scum would jump on the opportunity to lynch him instead. Not even now-confirmed scum HA voted Robert. But literally only one person, Tyler, voted for Robert after I did. This scenario makes a lot more sense if Robert is scum.

Robert2424 is scum and we should lynch him.

Spoiler: A Brief Grammar Lesson
Robert2424 made a disparaging remark regarding my skills at writing in the English language. He could not be more incorrect in this accusation, particularly considering his own poor grammar. Let's take a look at that accusation. Exhibit A:
Jack. If your going to mention me in your posts. Please use proper grammar.
This is truly a statement without any sense of self-awareness. The first thing that jumps out is the incorrect use of 'your'. The correct word there would have been the contraction 'you're' or, alternatively, the full form, 'you are'. Continuing, this brief thought contains a clearly evident sentence fragment. The clause "If you're going to mention me in your posts" is a dependent clause, as it begins with the word 'if' which is a rather common subordinating conjunction. Any clause that begins with a subordinating conjunction must be accompanied with an independent clause, and can be separated from such clause with a comma. Robert's statement does have a candidate independent clause, specifically "Please use proper grammar", but he separates this from the aforementioned dependent clause with a period, not a comma. While I might have been willing to believe this was a mere typo and not a grammatical violation, when one considers that the independent clause began with a capital letter, it becomes apparent that this was no minor typing peccadillo.

While I could continue with my critique of Robert's grammar, which has been consistently inadequate, for the sake of time, I will leave it at that
I honestly, shouldn't respond to this, but I wouldn't following your reason to lynch anybody. Its like your only objective suddenly is to lynch me any way possible. and you laugh when I turned up scum.

btw, I posted my last post thinking the day litterally started. Damn computer.

@Dun, if I hade to guess? maybe 2 mafia left, it could be either, Zach, Jaack, bins, or Tyler.

Believe I forgot somebody on my list, looking back but posting this.
Robert2424
Robert2424
Goon
Robert2424
Goon
Goon

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2016 7:17 pm

Post by Robert2424 »

Keyser Söze ? I have Zero notes about this guy. I'm going through trying to find his posts.
Robert2424
Robert2424
Goon
Robert2424
Goon
Goon

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2016 7:22 pm

Post by Robert2424 »

I did seem to somehow leave xyzzy out, but I mainly feel town with this one.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2016 7:40 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Your general consensus seem to be that most everyone can flip either way and half the town is "spamming"

Honestly I'm not a big fan of that post in general
In post 789, Robert2424 wrote: @Dun, if I hade to guess? maybe 2 mafia left, it could be either, Zach, Jaack, bins, or Tyler.
Huh, this made me realize that everyone else is just assuming there are 3 mafia

I mean, so did I but still

Also not sure at all why you've singled out those four people, I'm not seeing the reasoning or how that happened at all
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2016 12:11 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 462, Keyser Söze wrote:
Full catch-up
and reads later.
In post 665, Keyser Söze wrote:Bank Holiday's over, so
will be giving this game my full attention now
Sorry guys, if this doesn't happen by tomorrow night I will replace out.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2016 1:21 am

In post 787, Robert2424 wrote:Well, I was half right, but still in the dark.

I explained already. I think he's scum. His reactions surrounding ha felt nervous. The way he did a 180 based only on his posts after his claim felt weird because I didn't read them as scummy. Also if you remember back he didn't even have a reason for his original vote on him (funny since he gave me shit for not providing reasons for my votes. It's very hypocritical of him to go and do it himself and still act like people have to provide reasons). He voted HA when a couple other votes piled on and he was all like "we are bandwagoning ha" when he had no reason to even be on the wagon.

Feels like he felt a shift coming and people he probably were town reading were voting him so he joined on early so it wouldn't look like bussing
Show
Things I've learned.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2016 1:25 am

Robert you quoted my questions but only answered half of it. Please explain this whole role claim debacle
Show
Things I've learned.
Tyler the Creator
Tyler the Creator
Goon
Tyler the Creator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2016 2:00 am

In post 789, Robert2424 wrote:I honestly get mixed feelings allot with his posts, witch for the most part are short but to the point. I would describe him as stern, short poster, who I question some of his wording as if maybe he's trying to insult some people sometimes.
trust me rob if i was trying to insult you (or anyone) you'd be more sure about it than this
Tyler the Creator
Tyler the Creator
Goon
Tyler the Creator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2016 2:01 am

In post 791, Robert2424 wrote:I did seem to somehow leave xyzzy out, but I mainly feel town with this one.
why?
Tyler the Creator
Tyler the Creator
Goon
Tyler the Creator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2016 2:03 am

In post 785, Zachstralkita wrote:I read the purity of Floof's soul through his posts and now to call for his successor's death? Blasphemy.
i made it a point to try and give the replacement time to do things

he caught a couple votes and still hasn't done things other than say "yo guys stop voting me" that doesn't feel town to me

what did you think my thoughts on floof slot a page or two back?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2016 2:23 am

In post 797, Tyler the Creator wrote:
In post 791, Robert2424 wrote:I did seem to somehow leave xyzzy out, but I mainly feel town with this one.
why?
Show
Things I've learned.
Robert2424
Robert2424
Goon
Robert2424
Goon
Goon

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2016 2:50 am

Post by Robert2424 »

I read my role one time, right before I went on the men's retreat at my church. Thought the modifier was silly, didn't look at it again till after I made my claim and the macho was mentioned. I don't remember reading my role on that day with that word. I put weak in my own words because I can't be protected. Again, I don't much care for this modifier and at the time 2 protective roles made more sense. However ha did flip scum, so now I don't know why this modifier is needed without those two being protective townies. I only claimed as it was my first indication of why I have the modifier and believed them both. Now I've outed my role, I messed up when claiming cause I didn't reread my role before claiming, and back to square one.

Currently, I get the feeling both Dunn and xyzzy are town, but this is mainly gut feelings and I like some of there posts.

@Tyler, I don't think you tried to insult me.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”