Mini 1787: Peruvian Nightclub Mafia (Game End!)

Tyler the Creator
Tyler the Creator
Goon
Tyler the Creator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2016 10:05 am

Post by Tyler the Creator »

floof is zakk
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2016 10:06 am

Post by Jake from State Farm »

Oh my bad zakk is floof

Still don't know why you changed from bins to zakk (floof)

P.edit - yeah just got it
Show
Things I've learned.
1. It's just a game, have fun.
2. Don't waste time on people who think you are scum. Ignore them and keep scum hunting.
3. Don't take everything so personal.
4. Tunneling sucks (unfortunately I can't seem to stop)
Tyler the Creator
Tyler the Creator
Goon
Tyler the Creator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2016 10:08 am

In post 744, Dunnstral wrote:It feels like he gives too much attention to h_a - as if they were bussing h_a the whole time
that's a strange takeaway from that because i think keyser opting ha>ira - in the way he did - felt more town than not

because ira had more heat

plus ha went out of his way to badmouth keyser every chance he got, doesn't feel like buddies to me
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2016 10:11 am

Distancing is possible.
Show
Things I've learned.
2. Don't waste time on people who think you are scum. Ignore them and keep scum hunting.
Tyler the Creator
Tyler the Creator
Goon
Tyler the Creator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2016 10:17 am

In post 268, heuristically_alone wrote:
In post 82, Dunnstral wrote:I have a sneaking suspicion that Keyser is mafia but don't have anything to back that up
Because literally every post he has made has been completely useless. Up to this point, he had only joined in post 55 voting Jack as mafia (a surprisingly large amount of people immediately read Jack as mafia or town based off of his simple post 13)

Then immediately in posts 56-58 and 79-81 just quotes what others are saying and maybe asks follow up questions without literally given up anything original on his own. The only other posts he has made are 204-206 and 222, all of which he does the exact same thing. Just quoting others and giving a quick comment, but absolutely saying nothing original or doing nothing to help the game. 205 unvotes Jack, but that's that.

@Dunnstral has been by far the most entertaining player for me to follow in this game so far. As for liking him, makes me want him to be town. Best proof I have of you being town is your response to post 34 by xyzzy.
i mean yea distancing is one thing but your first actual content in the game going out of your way to call a buddy's every post "useless" and build a semi-case on them and carry a dialogue with some one else about them for a bit seems unnecessary

the quick townread of dunn also makes me think not-buddies but dunn was a uni-townread at that point so if dunn was scum then he's a-ok to read him that way anyway so it's more meh
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2016 10:21 am

Post by Dunnstral »

I mean when you look at it like that keyser also responded to ira quite a few times so maybe it was nothing (though ira did have the heat), it just looked like he was bussing hard and early to me

@Jake Tyler reminded me of that "why are we unvoting" thing that happened (also might as well lynch zakk instead of uselessly voting bins)

Also where did I lie ever? I think you're confused
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2016 10:24 am

Do you have short term memory loss? At least twice maybe 3 times day 1 I accused you of saying things that weren't true. Today the post that you made that was obviously your attempt to accuse me of things I weren't doing were mostly untrue as well.
Show
Things I've learned.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2016 10:29 am

Post by Dunnstral »

You were wrong every time day 1 too, I've basically accepted that every game I enter at least one person will randomly hard tunnel onto me without a real reason

short term memory loss = something that happened 3-4 days ago

When did I accuse you of doing things you weren't? Post 726? Here the thing: you were doing all of that. I was just pointing it out, I didn't say you were mafia for it and I don't think that
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2016 10:31 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 755, Tyler the Creator wrote:
In post 268, heuristically_alone wrote:
In post 82, Dunnstral wrote:I have a sneaking suspicion that Keyser is mafia but don't have anything to back that up
Because literally every post he has made has been completely useless. Up to this point, he had only joined in post 55 voting Jack as mafia (a surprisingly large amount of people immediately read Jack as mafia or town based off of his simple post 13)

Then immediately in posts 56-58 and 79-81 just quotes what others are saying and maybe asks follow up questions without literally given up anything original on his own. The only other posts he has made are 204-206 and 222, all of which he does the exact same thing. Just quoting others and giving a quick comment, but absolutely saying nothing original or doing nothing to help the game. 205 unvotes Jack, but that's that.

@Dunnstral has been by far the most entertaining player for me to follow in this game so far. As for liking him, makes me want him to be town. Best proof I have of you being town is your response to post 34 by xyzzy.
i mean yea distancing is one thing but your first actual content in the game going out of your way to call a buddy's every post "useless" and build a semi-case on them and carry a dialogue with some one else about them for a bit seems unnecessary

the quick townread of dunn also makes me think not-buddies but dunn was a uni-townread at that point so if dunn was scum then he's a-ok to read him that way anyway so it's more meh
If I'm reading this correctly you think the interactions make keyser more likely to be town?
Tyler the Creator
Tyler the Creator
Goon
Tyler the Creator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2016 10:35 am

yup
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2016 10:51 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

In post 728, zakk wrote:
In post 719, Zachstralkita wrote:ayo zakk what's goin on

let me just get one thing clear im gonna assume seniority on the basis of my name has an H opposed to a K

thank you for your time
if by my time you mean the 3 years longer I've been on the site than you, then ok :lol:

i am fine with juniority though ;)

time is of no importance sir, it's the letters that matter

the letters
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2016 10:56 am

Post by toolenduso »

In post 705, Bins wrote:The move was crazy town itself. As in, if H_A had flipped town, Robert would be pretty much conf town to me. But now that's he's flipped scum, I have no idea.
Got it.

Leaning town on Bins.
In post 711, Tyler the Creator wrote:depends if scum get fakeclaims? i don't play a lot of normals so im not completely sure if that's usually a thing

my point was basically that scum are more careful when claiming stuff
Ohhhh OK. That makes sense, thank you for clearing that up.
In post 712, Jaack wrote:The Macho modifier, while theoretically conceivable on an otherwise vanilla role, is virtually always seen on something with a night action, generally a powerful one, so as to balance it.
What are you basing this on? Did you research this?
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2016 11:09 am

In post 758, Dunnstral wrote:You were wrong every time day 1 too, I've basically accepted that every game I enter at least one person will randomly hard tunnel onto me without a real reason

short term memory loss = something that happened 3-4 days ago

When did I accuse you of doing things you weren't? Post 726? Here the thing: you were doing all of that. I was just pointing it out, I didn't say you were mafia for it and I don't think that
I was wrong none of the times day 1.

And yes post 726.

You are correct that I voted without reason. That's my thing and you really need to get over it at this point.
You are incorrect that I was blindly defending especially because I explained why I was defending Robert.
You are correct that I'm not pressuring anything with my one vote. Nobody can pressure with just 1 vote though. I can at least try by placing my vote on who I think is scum
You are incorrect in saying that I thought zach's vote was guranteed. I'm not even sure how you could even say what I'm thinking with such certainty. I didn't actually have Zach on my mind at all when I voted you.

So half of your post is factually wrong and 1 part while factually correct is actually impossible for anyone to do
Show
Things I've learned.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2016 11:11 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 725, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 719, Zachstralkita wrote:
Also gonna go ahead and second that the vote on Dunn is a bad move

:)
So are you going to explain how you went from hard tunneling me to "voting dunn is a bad move ;) ;)"
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2016 11:22 am

Post by toolenduso »

K analysis.

It occurred to me that we've actually gained a pretty valuable tool for finding the third scum if we can find the second scum.

The fact scum have daytalk changes the dynamic of HA's doc claim. There's no way scum wouldn't have discussed HA's claim prior to him claiming, so the other scum on the team would have had some kind of plan. IMO, there were only two objectives scum could've had there: assuming HA would die and voting him immediately, or trying to use HA's claim to dismantle his wagon.

So if we get a scumflip on a player who bussed HA after he claimed doc, it would be logical to assume that the other scum player also bussed HA. And if we get a scumflip on a player who seemed like they were waiting to see how other people reacted, or who actively tried to dismantle the HA wagon, we would do well to look for another player that acted similarly.

Specifically, if Robert is scum, this suggests that the scum were trying to save HA with his doc claim, because why would Robert step in and claim macho townie if not to save HA? If that were the case, and we would only know for sure if we got a scumflip on Robert, then we would do well to hunt for the last scum within the pool of people who tried to argue that HA was town after the doc claim.

On the Robert claim
, I'm less inclined to lynch him than I was toward the end of D1. Part of this has to do with rereading the last part of #596. I finally understand what he was saying. We were thinking about game balance in different ways, I think. I was thinking about how a mod would try to have roles
interact with each other
, while Robert was talking about weighing
negatives against positives within the town
. While I think we disagree about how bad a macho townie is for town, I get the basic logic at least.

On top of that, I also realized that it's weird to see fakeclaiming, gambiting scum not only coming up with the super weird fakeclaim of macho townie, but then having that explanation (from #596) for why they think a macho townie would be in the game. The structure of what he's writing doesn't really fit in with the kind of mindset that a scum partner would have to have in order to think that fakeclaiming under those circumstances was a good idea.

Spoiler: The HA wagon
-Final lynch: Keyser, Floof, tool, Jake, Tyler, Jaack, Dunn
-Keyser: One of the first players to suspect HA, starting in #222. Votes HA in #297 after HA makes a case on Keyser. At this point, for them to be partners it would pretty much have to be a designed bus. That's possible, but I lean town on it just because I find it less likely than the explanation that they just aren't partners and because there wasn't really a reason to bus at that point -- neither was in any real danger of being lynched. Knowing that HA is scum actually makes it look like he was trying to take advantage of some of the early suspicion on Keyser (HA's #268 actually was him trying to put logic behind a post where Dunnstral said he suspected Keyser but didn't have any reasoning for it). Once HA claims, Keyser immediately doubts it, though it is worth pointing out that he didn't comment until after ira had counterclaimed. So if Keyser were scum, scum were definitely following the "scum expected HA to die" tactic.
-Floof: First mention of HA is a vote for him in #187, saying HA needed to post more. Later he doesn't answer my question about why he wanted HA to post more than any other player in the game. Points for Floof making one of the earlier non-RVS votes of HA in the game (first?), but the reasoning is weird enough it does make me wonder if it could be bussing. In #367, Floof says the original vote was just to prod activity out of HA, but now he's scumreading HA (at this point floof isn't voting anybody, and he doesn't explain the scumread on HA). Floof explains in #373 that he felt like HA was following wagons, and Floof votes HA. The timing of this is interesting because it's before HA's doc claim and floof said he was either going to vote ira or HA. Ira was the leading wagon (4 votes), but the HA wagon had just gained steam with two votes on HA on the same page (putting the HA wagon at 3 votes). So as a scumpartner, Floof went for a bus even when there was a viable alternative wagon in ira. Water down the townpoints on that for the fact that the HA wagon was the trend at the time and that floof's vote still only put HA at L-3 (not all that dangerous).
Edit from later: Floof actually basically did the same thing that jaack did in choosing HA over ira, but he did it after jaack and dunnstral on the same page. Actually a little suspicious.
Floof's #486 and #631 are asking why people are moving off of HA (this is after HA's doc claim), so if floof is a partner to HA then he's in the "scum expected HA to die" camp.
-Jake: As far as I can tell, Jake's first real interaction with HA comes in #277 and it's a theory debate (up til this point Jake's been doing a lot of that because of disagreements over readslists and such). In #298 he says HA has made some good points and criticizes a vote on him. This strikes me as pretty brazen for scum, especially given that Jake had no real need to do it, and so I lean town on it. Another defense of HA in #337. Jake is also the first to really push HA's inconsistencies, which he does in #410. In fact that's what pushed me to look at HA further. Again, no need for scumpartnerJake to do this, especially since he was already townreading HA, and it led to HA's lynch. So I don't see Jake as a scumpartner. That being said, just to do due diligence, Jake's reaction to HA's claim was to unvote immediately, and then revote HA immediately once ira counterclaimed, then unvote and say that there have been games where both BGs and docs existed. So if Jake is alive in LyLo or something (which I don't expect him to be if he's town) then I think we could put him in the "scum were trying to save HA" camp.
-Tyler: First interaction with HA is #301 and it's nothing very telling. It's kind of interesting, actually, that Tyler basically ignores HA until HA's claim. Tyler actually did not post for the two days leading up to the claim, and then he posted about 20 posts after HA claimed doc. He doesn't really weigh in until after ira's counterclaim, and it's in kinda vague language ("doc and bodyguard both existing in a mini is kinda meh"). In #505 he sets up floof as a possible lynch of HA flips scum. He does some theorizing on the competing claims (#523), but doesn't really take a stance until #540 when he says he's fine with an HA lynch. He hops onto the Robert wagon in #628 after initially pushing against it, and clarifies later that he would still support an HA lynch. A lot of this just kinda raises my hackles as scum avoidance of the subject and trying subtly not to lynch HA. The fact that he disappeared for two days and then came back right as HA claimed would lend support to the "wait-and-see" scumbuddy approach. If Tyler is scum, he's in the "scum were trying to save HA" camp.
-Jaack: His very first post is a vote on HA in #5, and while this is very probably RVS, it does follow a Dunn vote. Maybe not super telling on its own but good to note I think. He puts HA as second-most-likely scum in a readslist in #357 and most of his reasons make sense. He actually votes HA over ira in the next post, and he explains it later by saying that his vote on ira wasn't doing anything. I lean non-partner on this. Very interesting reaction to HA's doc claim in #480, he is indeed the first person to point out that doc is a standard scumclaim and at the same time concedes that it'd be better to leave it be just in case HA is actually the doc. He later gives intent to hammer HA after ira's counterclaim, and then once Robert claims he pushes a kind of pragmatist's approach that favors lynching Robert before HA. I lean town on jaack based on the earlier interactions with HA (probably the biggest piece being him voting HA over ira), but if he is scum then he was in the "scum were trying to save HA" camp.
-Dunnt: Don't really consider Dunn's vote of HA in #4 to be anything. In #129 he leaves HA off a readslist (one of 3 people he leaves off the list). He notes that HA isn't saying much in #162, but votes for Bins instead. Dunn defends HA against floof in #193. Dunn's response to HA in #285 is the kind of catty I don't really expect from scum partners (he calls HA dumb). He votes HA in #365, right after jaack but before floof. He unvotes HA immediately after the doc claim in #483, with the kicker that it "Looks like we're all believing him" -- very similar to jaack's reaction. He's back to HA after ira's counterclaim, and then in #519 suggests that maybe the daytalk is a way of compensating for town having two protective roles. He revotes HA in #553, unvotes HA after Robert's claim and says in #630 that all three could be town. He actually kinda wobbles back and forth on this a bit, saying he still thinks HA is scummy and ira is towny but maybe Robert is telling the truth and they're all town. He says he keeps thinking HA might be town, but then declares intent to hammer and does hammer HA (after zach declares intent to hammer, but earlier than dunn). Up until the HA claim, Dunn looked pretty much not like a partner. But the weirdness around the doc claim opens up the door again imo. Needless to say, if Dunn is a partner then he's in the "scum were trying to save HA" camp.

Spoiler: Robert's claim
-Robert's claim was in #563. After that, the people who voted him were: Jaack (#616) and Tyler (#628).
-So it wasn't really much of a wagon. But more people weighed in on it than voted.
-Jaack is the first player to say Robert is scum in #590.
-Bins poses the question in #591 of whether Robert, ira and HA could all be town. In #598, once Robert seemed to say the PM said "weak" but was describing a macho role, Bins reverses and says Robert might be scum.
-In retrospect, Tyler's #609 doesn't make sense. He said he can't remember the last time he saw scum misread their role PM...which, if Robert is scum, he's fakeclaiming. So it's not like he would be reading a role PM incorrectly...I'm not really sure what to make of this, honestly. Does it suggest scumTyler knowing that Robert is town and therefore not thinking all the way through the scenario of Robert being scum? Is it townTyler just half-baking a thought? I guess it might be weird to see scumTyler working this hard to lynch his partner, HA, instead of townRobert.
Edit from later: Tyler explained this; he was thinking of a fakeclaim.

-Wow, then Bins agrees with it in #612.
-#622 is intentional WIFOM from HA for sure.
-Tyler naked votes Robert in #628.
-Dunn casts doubt on Robert being scum in #629, floof does the same in #631, Zach says he doesn't think Robert is scum in #644.
-Xyzzy and ira come along townreading Robert in #652 and #653.
-Not really understanding Bins' #681. She speculates that Robert could be scum or town and then says "Robert's move, much like irao's, is crazy town."
Edit from later: Bins explained this too.

Conclusions:

-More suspicious of Tyler now.
-More suspicious of floof now.
-Jake is probably town.
-Keyser is probably town.
-Bins is maybe town.

Up next:

-Looking through HA's ISO for interactions.
-Examining the cognitive dissonance I have when considering the possibility of a Tyler-floof/zakk-HA scum team.
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2016 11:23 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

In post 764, Dunnstral wrote:

So are you going to explain how you went from hard tunneling me to "voting dunn is a bad move ;) ;)"

I would think during your 8 year term at MIT you learned the word " sarcasm "
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2016 11:44 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 765, toolenduso wrote:K analysis.

It occurred to me that we've actually gained a pretty valuable tool for finding the third scum if we can find the second scum.

The fact scum have daytalk changes the dynamic of HA's doc claim. There's no way scum wouldn't have discussed HA's claim prior to him claiming, so the other scum on the team would have had some kind of plan. IMO, there were only two objectives scum could've had there: assuming HA would die and voting him immediately, or trying to use HA's claim to dismantle his wagon.

So if we get a scumflip on a player who bussed HA after he claimed doc, it would be logical to assume that the other scum player also bussed HA. And if we get a scumflip on a player who seemed like they were waiting to see how other people reacted, or who actively tried to dismantle the HA wagon, we would do well to look for another player that acted similarly.

Specifically, if Robert is scum, this suggests that the scum were trying to save HA with his doc claim, because why would Robert step in and claim macho townie if not to save HA? If that were the case, and we would only know for sure if we got a scumflip on Robert, then we would do well to hunt for the last scum within the pool of people who tried to argue that HA was town after the doc claim.

On the Robert claim
, I'm less inclined to lynch him than I was toward the end of D1. Part of this has to do with rereading the last part of #596. I finally understand what he was saying. We were thinking about game balance in different ways, I think. I was thinking about how a mod would try to have roles
interact with each other
, while Robert was talking about weighing
negatives against positives within the town
. While I think we disagree about how bad a macho townie is for town, I get the basic logic at least.

On top of that, I also realized that it's weird to see fakeclaiming, gambiting scum not only coming up with the super weird fakeclaim of macho townie, but then having that explanation (from #596) for why they think a macho townie would be in the game. The structure of what he's writing doesn't really fit in with the kind of mindset that a scum partner would have to have in order to think that fakeclaiming under those circumstances was a good idea.

Spoiler: The HA wagon
-Final lynch: Keyser, Floof, tool, Jake, Tyler, Jaack, Dunn
-Keyser: One of the first players to suspect HA, starting in #222. Votes HA in #297 after HA makes a case on Keyser. At this point, for them to be partners it would pretty much have to be a designed bus. That's possible, but I lean town on it just because I find it less likely than the explanation that they just aren't partners and because there wasn't really a reason to bus at that point -- neither was in any real danger of being lynched. Knowing that HA is scum actually makes it look like he was trying to take advantage of some of the early suspicion on Keyser (HA's #268 actually was him trying to put logic behind a post where Dunnstral said he suspected Keyser but didn't have any reasoning for it). Once HA claims, Keyser immediately doubts it, though it is worth pointing out that he didn't comment until after ira had counterclaimed. So if Keyser were scum, scum were definitely following the "scum expected HA to die" tactic.
-Floof: First mention of HA is a vote for him in #187, saying HA needed to post more. Later he doesn't answer my question about why he wanted HA to post more than any other player in the game. Points for Floof making one of the earlier non-RVS votes of HA in the game (first?), but the reasoning is weird enough it does make me wonder if it could be bussing. In #367, Floof says the original vote was just to prod activity out of HA, but now he's scumreading HA (at this point floof isn't voting anybody, and he doesn't explain the scumread on HA). Floof explains in #373 that he felt like HA was following wagons, and Floof votes HA. The timing of this is interesting because it's before HA's doc claim and floof said he was either going to vote ira or HA. Ira was the leading wagon (4 votes), but the HA wagon had just gained steam with two votes on HA on the same page (putting the HA wagon at 3 votes). So as a scumpartner, Floof went for a bus even when there was a viable alternative wagon in ira. Water down the townpoints on that for the fact that the HA wagon was the trend at the time and that floof's vote still only put HA at L-3 (not all that dangerous).
Edit from later: Floof actually basically did the same thing that jaack did in choosing HA over ira, but he did it after jaack and dunnstral on the same page. Actually a little suspicious.
Floof's #486 and #631 are asking why people are moving off of HA (this is after HA's doc claim), so if floof is a partner to HA then he's in the "scum expected HA to die" camp.
-Jake: As far as I can tell, Jake's first real interaction with HA comes in #277 and it's a theory debate (up til this point Jake's been doing a lot of that because of disagreements over readslists and such). In #298 he says HA has made some good points and criticizes a vote on him. This strikes me as pretty brazen for scum, especially given that Jake had no real need to do it, and so I lean town on it. Another defense of HA in #337. Jake is also the first to really push HA's inconsistencies, which he does in #410. In fact that's what pushed me to look at HA further. Again, no need for scumpartnerJake to do this, especially since he was already townreading HA, and it led to HA's lynch. So I don't see Jake as a scumpartner. That being said, just to do due diligence, Jake's reaction to HA's claim was to unvote immediately, and then revote HA immediately once ira counterclaimed, then unvote and say that there have been games where both BGs and docs existed. So if Jake is alive in LyLo or something (which I don't expect him to be if he's town) then I think we could put him in the "scum were trying to save HA" camp.
-Tyler: First interaction with HA is #301 and it's nothing very telling. It's kind of interesting, actually, that Tyler basically ignores HA until HA's claim. Tyler actually did not post for the two days leading up to the claim, and then he posted about 20 posts after HA claimed doc. He doesn't really weigh in until after ira's counterclaim, and it's in kinda vague language ("doc and bodyguard both existing in a mini is kinda meh"). In #505 he sets up floof as a possible lynch of HA flips scum. He does some theorizing on the competing claims (#523), but doesn't really take a stance until #540 when he says he's fine with an HA lynch. He hops onto the Robert wagon in #628 after initially pushing against it, and clarifies later that he would still support an HA lynch. A lot of this just kinda raises my hackles as scum avoidance of the subject and trying subtly not to lynch HA. The fact that he disappeared for two days and then came back right as HA claimed would lend support to the "wait-and-see" scumbuddy approach. If Tyler is scum, he's in the "scum were trying to save HA" camp.
-Jaack: His very first post is a vote on HA in #5, and while this is very probably RVS, it does follow a Dunn vote. Maybe not super telling on its own but good to note I think. He puts HA as second-most-likely scum in a readslist in #357 and most of his reasons make sense. He actually votes HA over ira in the next post, and he explains it later by saying that his vote on ira wasn't doing anything. I lean non-partner on this. Very interesting reaction to HA's doc claim in #480, he is indeed the first person to point out that doc is a standard scumclaim and at the same time concedes that it'd be better to leave it be just in case HA is actually the doc. He later gives intent to hammer HA after ira's counterclaim, and then once Robert claims he pushes a kind of pragmatist's approach that favors lynching Robert before HA. I lean town on jaack based on the earlier interactions with HA (probably the biggest piece being him voting HA over ira), but if he is scum then he was in the "scum were trying to save HA" camp.
-Dunnt: Don't really consider Dunn's vote of HA in #4 to be anything. In #129 he leaves HA off a readslist (one of 3 people he leaves off the list). He notes that HA isn't saying much in #162, but votes for Bins instead. Dunn defends HA against floof in #193. Dunn's response to HA in #285 is the kind of catty I don't really expect from scum partners (he calls HA dumb). He votes HA in #365, right after jaack but before floof. He unvotes HA immediately after the doc claim in #483, with the kicker that it "Looks like we're all believing him" -- very similar to jaack's reaction. He's back to HA after ira's counterclaim, and then in #519 suggests that maybe the daytalk is a way of compensating for town having two protective roles. He revotes HA in #553, unvotes HA after Robert's claim and says in #630 that all three could be town. He actually kinda wobbles back and forth on this a bit, saying he still thinks HA is scummy and ira is towny but maybe Robert is telling the truth and they're all town. He says he keeps thinking HA might be town, but then declares intent to hammer and does hammer HA (after zach declares intent to hammer, but earlier than dunn). Up until the HA claim, Dunn looked pretty much not like a partner. But the weirdness around the doc claim opens up the door again imo. Needless to say, if Dunn is a partner then he's in the "scum were trying to save HA" camp.

Spoiler: Robert's claim
-Robert's claim was in #563. After that, the people who voted him were: Jaack (#616) and Tyler (#628).
-So it wasn't really much of a wagon. But more people weighed in on it than voted.
-Jaack is the first player to say Robert is scum in #590.
-Bins poses the question in #591 of whether Robert, ira and HA could all be town. In #598, once Robert seemed to say the PM said "weak" but was describing a macho role, Bins reverses and says Robert might be scum.
-In retrospect, Tyler's #609 doesn't make sense. He said he can't remember the last time he saw scum misread their role PM...which, if Robert is scum, he's fakeclaiming. So it's not like he would be reading a role PM incorrectly...I'm not really sure what to make of this, honestly. Does it suggest scumTyler knowing that Robert is town and therefore not thinking all the way through the scenario of Robert being scum? Is it townTyler just half-baking a thought? I guess it might be weird to see scumTyler working this hard to lynch his partner, HA, instead of townRobert.
Edit from later: Tyler explained this; he was thinking of a fakeclaim.

-Wow, then Bins agrees with it in #612.
-#622 is intentional WIFOM from HA for sure.
-Tyler naked votes Robert in #628.
-Dunn casts doubt on Robert being scum in #629, floof does the same in #631, Zach says he doesn't think Robert is scum in #644.
-Xyzzy and ira come along townreading Robert in #652 and #653.
-Not really understanding Bins' #681. She speculates that Robert could be scum or town and then says "Robert's move, much like irao's, is crazy town."
Edit from later: Bins explained this too.

Conclusions:

-More suspicious of Tyler now.
-More suspicious of floof now.
-Jake is probably town.
-Keyser is probably town.
-Bins is maybe town.

Up next:

-Looking through HA's ISO for interactions.
-Examining the cognitive dissonance I have when considering the possibility of a Tyler-floof/zakk-HA scum team.
Why do I feel like I always get left out of these

Oh wait there I am in the corner. The line (after zach declares intent to hammer, but earlier than dunn) is confusing to me a bit, you're meaning zach declares intent to hammer after me, but at an earlier time? Also he was messing around and clearly didn't hammer (not because he didn't want to be hammer or anything, to be fair he didn't hammer because there was still discussion and I declared I was going to hammer)

Aside from that:

Do you think tyler would hard bus his mafia partner (floof) as his other partner (h_a) is getting lynched? That seems pretty risky
I actually agree that jaack is probably town and I overlooked him as being town from t he interactions

"bins is maybe town" not sure where you drew that conclusion from... I do see you talking about bins under the robert section but nothing to indicate they're town

What do you think of xyzzy?

Also this floof/zakk lynch is starting to look better and better
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2016 11:45 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 766, Zachstralkita wrote:

Got anything you want to contribute or
Jaack
Jaack
Goon
Jaack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2016 11:48 am

Post by Jaack »

In post 762, toolenduso wrote:
In post 712, Jaack wrote:The Macho modifier, while theoretically conceivable on an otherwise vanilla role, is virtually always seen on something with a night action, generally a powerful one, so as to balance it.
What are you basing this on? Did you research this?
I just did a site search for macho townie. This is the most recent appearance of such a role I can find: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=30753

I should note that there were no protecting roles in that game, making the macho townie, in essence, a named townie.

Since then, two players have fakeclaimed macho townie, one being scum and the other a bomb.

I also found a brief discussion in MD of fakeclaiming macho as town in order to draw a night kill (I imagine that's what the bomb was trying to do). The only person who responded to that proposal said they would lynch anyone who claimed macho townie

Most macho roles I found were some sort of investigative role, with a few docs thrown in.

Searched for macho vt. Found another game from 2012 with one, and a proposed open set up that kind of revolved around the idea, that as far as I can tell was never played.

So that's two, and none in nearly 3 years. That's actually more common than I expected.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2016 11:49 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 767, Dunnstral wrote: "bins is maybe town" not sure where you drew that conclusion from... I do see you talking about bins under the robert section but nothing to indicate they're town
Nevermind see you talking about them recently in your iso
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2016 11:52 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

In post 768, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 766, Zachstralkita wrote:

Got anything you want to contribute or

yeah bud the floof/zakk lynch is a NO GO
Tyler the Creator
Tyler the Creator
Goon
Tyler the Creator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2016 11:54 am

i like tool's last post a bunch

i can see where he's coming from with the tyler stuff for the most part except ignoring ha isn't exactly fair to say because he was pretty lurktastical and i did put some attention on floof's initial vote there and coming back right around his claim was just a matter of the timing just happening that way

plus realistically the chances of a robert wagon (or anyone else for that matter) going through were slim to none and i'd have probably played it similarly as scum except i probably don't bother voting robert to try and get him to respond to my question because why bother (which he still hasn't done btw)

also tool - our thoughts on floof align quite a bit, help me make this happen baby
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2016 11:56 am

Post by Zulfy »

no investigation no right to speak
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2016 11:56 am

Post by Zulfy »

Last edited by Zulfy on Sat May 07, 2016 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2016 11:56 am

Post by Zulfy »

Don't let me down
Don't let me down down down

Votecount 2.02

Zakk
: Tyler, Dunnstral
Dunnstral
: JFSF
Robert2424
: Jaack
Not Voting
: Toolenduso, Robert2424, Bins, Zachstralkita, Keyser Söze, xyzzy, Zakk

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch

Deadline is in (expired on 2016-05-20 10:00:00)
Last edited by Zulfy on Sat May 07, 2016 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”