Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #15 (isolation #0) » Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:50 am

Post by Gaspode »

I hate mass claims, but we may actually be able to find scum with incredible ease if we took that route. If FD didn't give the scum both a good and an evil role, then almost everyone will be confirmable. What does everyone else think?

That kind takes the fun out of the game, though, so I'll just
vote: Norinel
for now. Just look at him, he's obviously scum. ;)
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #105 (isolation #1) » Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:02 pm

Post by Gaspode »

I'll second that request.

My thoughts:

1. There's no doubt in my mind that Leo's vote was a random joke. He's the kind of player to do that; it seems to me that those who are agonizing over this are just not used to that particular style. It's
possible
that he's using the joke as a cover if he's a cop and wants to have God's scumminess documented if he dies, but we can't really assume his post means anything now. But it sure would be nice if Leo would come forward and confirm his intentions anyway.

2. Given the arguments, I think revealing submitted roles gives the scum too much information. Plus, I doubt the town would gain much from knowing who we
might
be up against, and only about a quarter of the evil roles or less are probably being used.

FOS: anyone who made a big deal of the Leo thing
. An issue like this is very likely to be jumped on by scum in order to divert the town's attention from more important matters.
unvote: Norinel, vote: mike amok
for being the first one to really post anything that could accomplish such a purpose.

WARNING: I'm going away from Wednesday to Saturday, and Sunday is my birthday and Easter. Don't get mad at me for being silent. In addition, I will probably only post once or twice more in this game day, due to complications with my role. I'll be reading (after this weekend of course), but I'd like the rest of the town to continue discussing without me.

PS: I can't preview posts, and I'm too lazy to do the whole PM thing, so please excuse any errors. I
won't
be fixing them anytime soon.
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #107 (isolation #2) » Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:05 pm

Post by Gaspode »

*Takes foot, inserts in mouth*

Well, I guess I need to post to sort this out. Anyway, I'm sorry, but I am just an idiot. For some reason, I read all of your post except for the "let's ignore this" part. :oops:
unvote: Mike Amok
. If you don't read the first (obviously essential) sentence, the rest of your post looks as if it's trying to analyze the whole Leo situation and promote discussing it. Also, none of your possibilities included the most likely one--it was a joke. Sorry, that's what happens when you rush a post. :( Anyway, you're now off my FOS list. Anyone who actually did what I said is suspicious is still on it.

As I said, I'd like others to continue this discussion, as I will be unable to post until Sunday or Monday, and I have a semi-restriction (bah) that keeps me from posting too much anyway.

New Y.....well.....April 7th Resolution: Read all quoted posts four times over from now on!
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #236 (isolation #3) » Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:50 pm

Post by Gaspode »

I'm sort of back. Unfortunately, I only had time to read up on Fantasy Mafia and Dr. Seuss, so I'll have to get back to you on this one. Sorry.
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #238 (isolation #4) » Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:08 am

Post by Gaspode »

Ok, I'm back, and I have some very important things to say.

Nanook could very well be scum, but his bandwagon worries me. Why? Because Night 1, I received a bit of 100% sure information that Norinel is scum. I won't go into specifics unless you ask me to, but I know he's mafia. That means Nanook has that much less of a chance of being scum. I kept this information to myself yesterday because I thought I might hear of another mafia member last night, and I was pretty sure God was scum anyway. I didn't hear of another mafia member, so I figured today would be a good time to come out.

In addition to this, the following quore is full of bad logic.
More or less copied from my notes, so there's no quotes, just numbers:

Post 24- Willows goes for a quick bandwagon (albeit on an IRL friend)- scum/connection with Nanook?
Post 118- w_w skeptical of a now known to be accurate cop result. (Cops coming out with a guilty result Day 1 is common, at least in games I'm in.)
Post 127- Nanook does much the same, but more waffly.
Post 153- Nanook assumes a standard number of mafia. (It's happened before in games with a nonstandard number of mafia, 2 or 4 in a mini, that the first person to explicitly state something along the lines of "There's probably three mafia" was scum.)

I have some more stuff (Some other players) to look at, but that's what jumped out at me.
The "Post 24" argument isn't very strong, as everyone goes for a quick wagon on Day 1. That point isn't suspicious on its own, but look at the rest.

Being skeptical of a cop result is not suspicious. First of all, mafia often know if a cop's result is true, so they might not take the risk of going against it. Plus, many people are skeptical of cops coming out Day 1, as most cops won't do it. (I didn't come out when I had info.)

Finally, the "Post 153" argument makes a decent point, but it's not very strong. People often assume numbers of mafia. Plus, the way the post was worded, the actual argument is the complete opposite of what actually happened.

So
. Questions will most likely be answered around 1:00 AM Saturday (US Eastern), otherwise, during the day.
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #246 (isolation #5) » Fri Apr 30, 2004 7:10 pm

Post by Gaspode »

Alright, I admit I have some major explaining to do.

First of all, my timing was not by choice. If you read the Limited Access thread, you'll see that I was unable to post until Wednesday. Then I got sick. Finally, FD owed me a night choice that I did not get until today, and I didn't want to post without knowing the result of it.

Anyway, my role. Now this may conflict with some minor things I implied in my earlier post--that was to throw scum off my trail if I was able to lynch Norinel without claiming. Anyway, I'm an ADD Cop. Basically, my accuracy goes down by 10% for the following night every time I post (reaching a minimum of 50%). Therefore, I know that the first night's result was 100% accurate, and I found Norinel guilty. I tried to go for another mafia member last night, but found an innocent.
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #293 (isolation #6) » Wed May 12, 2004 1:07 pm

Post by Gaspode »

Important stuff:

1. According to last night's investigation, there's an 85% chance that Leo is innocent. I need to look over the accusations, etc. to make sure I'm right. By the way, where did he claim my role? I searched for his posts, and he seemed to only claim normal cop.

because I know he's scum.

Darkblade wrote:Ah yes. We really can't follow Gasopde because of the possibility of framers. . .
Framers are always a possibility; I invented* the role in Designer 1 on the GL, and I used one in my mini ages ago. I don't think cops in this game are much less reliable than those in the other games on this site, where they are constantly followed without question.

4. Ideally, I'd like to go the rest of the day without a post, so I can have a 95% chance of being correct tomorrow.

*Unless DP or someone like that used it before, which is quite possible, although I had never heard of it.
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #364 (isolation #7) » Mon May 31, 2004 3:05 pm

Post by Gaspode »

I quickly skimmed and saw my name mentioned a few times. I'll have to get to this game tomorrow. Many apologies.
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #370 (isolation #8) » Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:43 pm

Post by Gaspode »

Ok, here's my info. Night one, I investigated Norinel. As my role loses 5% accuracy per post, and I obviously didn't post before Night 1, I have a standard 100% accurate cop result that he's guilty. This doesn't account for Framers, etc., but it would be pretty amazing if we had a framer that lucky.

I'm quite confused about the Shop business, but I haven't yet read it all. All I know is Norinel is cop-guilty, so my vote is staying on him for now.
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #383 (isolation #9) » Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:28 am

Post by Gaspode »

We had some pretty good roles there (props to W_W for being the first person to ever use Animorphs for a game resource). I could've sworn I was the original creator of the Mafia Framer role, though... ;)

My one complaint was my role. Nice, creative idea and all, but no one likes a role that discourages posting.

Great game, everyone, and thanks for running it, FD!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”